• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

annoying sayings from non-drug users

A friend of mine can't help saying:

I'd never try heroin or crack because I'm worried I'd get addicted
That doesn't seem like a dumb thing to say. That seems like quite a reasonable thing to say.

That doesn't seem like a dumb thing to say. That seems like quite a reasonable thing to say.

agreed. i have a variation on that which is 'i'd like to try crack/smack/crystal meth but not unless you could guarantee i couldn't get any more for at least 3 months,' it might annoy some people and i really don't think i'd get addicted first time but its not really worth the risk.

the other day i was asked if i'd injected heroin, by someone who'd just found out i like weed and pills. that was very annoying.

they then went on the 'i don't need drugs to have fun rant,' and i had to stop myself from pointing out that alcohol is a drug (this person is certainly alcohol dependent, whereas i'm not) and that most drug users don't need drugs to have fun either.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are people in Leeds who don't do drugs? Learn something new everyday.

personally i'd like to meet the people in leeds who do do drugs. i know there are shitloads of them but where the fuck are they? i want their drugs!!!

which leads me onto another annoying thing that non drug users say... drugs are too easy to get, they're not. ok smack coke and weed are easy but not anything else.

Try Subdub. Looooadsa people on drugs. Wicked night too (if you're into that sort of thing).

thanks! will do! don't really like dub when sober but can cope if i'm fucked up...

I don't mean to come across as being angry with you, but the name of this thread is "ANNOYING SAYINGS FROM NON-DRUG USERS", so at the end of the day whether anyone thinks comments on here are good/bad/right/wrong, that is the topic. As an addict with mental illness, do I think using drugs is a good thing to do? No I don't, but i'm a drug user, and I think you will find that a huge majority of people that have ended up being drug users do not think it is "a smart thing to do". And as for a "douchebag sober person" or a "waste of life drug addict", remember there are also people out there who use drugs and live a successful life, just as there are sober people who don't. Anyway it is completely off the topic.

I get annoyed at "using drugs is not a smart thing to do", der

Fair enough. Obviously there are drug users who live successful lives, and sober people who waste space as well, but a large majority of the time, one side takes the cake for one of those situations.
A friend of mine can't help saying:

I'd never try heroin or crack because I'm worried I'd get addicted

yeah...that and the fact he's never tried anything harder than weed.

Here is yet another excellent example. If your friend doesn't want to smoke crack, what business is it of yours? H and crack are easily the worst and hardest addictions to break. I see nothing but good reasons as to why someone shouldn't do either. Do you feel cool because you do harder things than weed? That post made no sense.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with abstaining from drugs, or hard drugs. In fact, I'm sure just about everyone here would agree that it's commendable, and will only make your life easier in the long run, if not "better," "more fulfilled," or "more successful."

That being said, I think that you may have misunderstood the purpose of this thread a little bit. It isn't the fact that his friend doesn't want to try these drugs that he's complaining about, but the fact that his friend feels the need to express it to him, probably frequently, when it's not an issue that's even relevant to said friend.

No offense, though, I respect the hell out of you both for your posts at the end of Jimbo's crack thread, and for your avatar.

"its not a drug if its natural like weed.......weed isnt a drug....I dont do drugs cuz all I do is smoke weed and drink"

Ive heard that^^^^ one a few too many times......theoretically.....EVERYTHING is natural. I mean, even synthetic substances that dont occur naturally in the wild must come from something naturally occuring, or be a by-product of it.

Also...these people act like cocaine doesnt come from a plant or that heroin doesnt come from opium which occurs NATURALLY in poppy's. These people are ignorant.

Heroin doesn't come directly from opium, it's semi-synthetic.

I never said it comes directly from opium....i said it comes from opium....meaning...they extract the morphine from the opium, then convert the morphine its diacetylmorphine.

It would be nice if words werent put into my mouth.

And it still makes it a natural substance becuase it comes from a naturally occuring alkaloid....semi-synthetic or not.

I never said it comes directly from opium
It would be nice if words werent put into my mouth
I don't recall putting words in your mouth, I simply stated that heroin is semi synthetic. I didn't make any mention of what you did or did not say. You seem to be a little defensive.
And it still makes it a natural substance becuase it comes from a naturally occuring alkaloid....semi-synthetic or not
By that logic high density polyethylene is natural, because it comes from mineral oil. Generally "natural substance" is understood to mean something that is found in nature outside of synthesis by humans. Of course you're free to define your terms as you like, but on the commonly used definition heroin is not a natural substance.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with abstaining from drugs, or hard drugs. In fact, I'm sure just about everyone here would agree that it's commendable, and will only make your life easier in the long run, if not "better," "more fulfilled," or "more successful."

That being said, I think that you may have misunderstood the purpose of this thread a little bit. It isn't the fact that his friend doesn't want to try these drugs that he's complaining about, but the fact that his friend feels the need to express it to him, probably frequently, when it's not an issue that's even relevant to said friend.

No offense, though, I respect the hell out of you both for your posts at the end of Jimbo's crack thread, and for your avatar.
I suppose you may be right. I have no idea if this friend of his says it every 30 seconds so I guess I may be a little ill-informed about his predicament.

None taken, and thank you very much. :)
"its not a drug if its natural like weed.......weed isnt a drug....I dont do drugs cuz all I do is smoke weed and drink"

Ive heard that^^^^ one a few too many times......theoretically.....EVERYTHING is natural. I mean, even synthetic substances that dont occur naturally in the wild must come from something naturally occuring, or be a by-product of it.

Also...these people act like cocaine doesnt come from a plant or that heroin doesnt come from opium which occurs NATURALLY in poppy's. These people are ignorant.

This is a statement which I can agree is ridiculous to hear. It's as if people think natural = safer. Datura, anyone?

Also, technically speaking, heroin and coke are natural, but not really. Plenty of synthetic chemicals are needed to extract the drug from the plant. Not "natural" in the sense that shrooms or weed would be, but still somewhat inside of nature.

"How can you do something so stupid? It destroys your brain"
"Maybe if you stopped smoking pot and started going to church you would be happy" (my favourite)

Last edited:
heroin and coke are natural
Cocaine is natural. It is found in the coca plant. Heroin is not natural. It is found nowhere in nature outside of production by humans. Morphine and codeine are the natural opiates.

"two benadryl knock me out, give them a try"

Seriously dude, give em a try.

..not sure where you quoted it from but what's wrong with this? I take benzos but, 50mg diphenhydramine will still get me feeling better if I have an allergic reaction AND knock me out. Just because someone can or does use not OTC things doesn't mean one should underestimate the OTC stuff, can be useful sometimes.

Showing someone a 1mg xanax which is in a blister, but still says "it could have anything in it". I know people can get nervous, but fuck, it is in a blister!!

Cocaine is natural. It is found in the coca plant. Heroin is not natural. It is found nowhere in nature outside of production by humans. Morphine and codeine are the natural opiates.

morphine and heroin are basically the same. The i only do natural drugs line is bollocks.