Announcement: Name Changes & Custom Title for Current & Ex Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha some good uns in there

Deposed Tyrant ....lol

Infinite Jest said:
Bluelight alumni.
Mod squad graduate.

I feel compelled to voice my extreme disappointment in your word choice. Any Mad Library Scientist should say "alumnus/alumna". This is nearly as aggravating as "ten items or less" at the grocery store.

I'm definitely down with 'BL crew'. It's a great way to recognise that people made a contribution.

I never liked the Bluelight Crew title because it can be mistaken as being a part of the current staff. I think we need to come up with something that denotes being a former staff member.

I like Moddus Alumnus :D

chrissie said:
I never liked the Bluelight Crew title because it can be mistaken as being a part of the current staff. I think we need to come up with something that denotes being a former staff member.
i do quite like the term 'Bluelight Crew', but i've always thought that too. it could be confusing for people and it would be yet another never ending FAQ in support. ;)

Bluelight Retirement Home
Out to Pasture

or how about something simple and obvious:

Former BL Staff ???

or even better, perhaps:

Former BL Mod
Former BL Admin

etc. etc.? :)

i'm sure that would please people like BA and michael. (frizz would have to suck it up though ;))

+1 Bluelight Crew.

It made me sad when those titles disappeared.

^ i think one title makes it easier to manage (i.e. do not differentiate between former mods, smods and admins).

i would welcome the return of 'bluelight crew'

alasdair

Asshat Extroidinaire

Has Been

PLUR Police

actually, it may flow better to be some derivative of light or bluelighter, and while I've always been partial to the 'BL Crew' I would have to agree that it invites confusion. What about something like

Glowlighter
Oldlighter
Bluelighterator (Bluelighter + Moderator, since we were all mods at some point)
Stafflighter (or would that also invite confusion...probably :\)

..I wouldn't go to 'Ex-Staff' because it's too close to being banned. Though 'Past Staff Member' would work. Or, we could finally institute a real use for the 'Memberator' title :D

I like Has Been
but whatever as long as noone ever takes away my ode to Florida

felix said:
i'm sure that would please people like BA and michael. (frizz would have to suck it up though ;))

actually, i don't care, which is what i'd like under there:

michael
i don't care

(just like pierre)

Status
Not open for further replies.