• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine or Methamphetamine?

I've always found d-methamphetamine to be d-amphetamine's shitty insomnia causing, not that euphoric cousin. In terms of addiction potential, I'd say for me the d-amp is far more appealing, unfortunately for me it's a lot harder to come by. Meth I really don't have the urge to touch that often (if it's around I may or may not have some, rarely do I seek it out), but I long for the euphoria of d-amp again sooooo much (been about a year since I last had it), only thing that comes close for me is LSD (which I take far more regularly - no other drug I know of can make you feel so good fucked up and so awesome the days after =D). I've never had trouble sleeping off of straight d-amp but have had trouble with Adderall XR before. Meth's a whole different story.

I'm really really glad my brain prefers the shorter acting and less neurotoxic of the two =D

^ Thanks.

I've always found d-methamphetamine to be d-amphetamine's shitty insomnia causing, not that euphoric cousin. In terms of addiction potential, I'd say for me the d-amp is far more appealing, unfortunately for me it's a lot harder to come by. Meth I really don't have the urge to touch that often (if it's around I may or may not have some, rarely do I seek it out), but I long for the euphoria of d-amp again sooooo much (been about a year since I last had it), only thing that comes close for me is LSD (which I take far more regularly - no other drug I know of can make you feel so good fucked up and so awesome the days after =D). I've never had trouble sleeping off of straight d-amp but have had trouble with Adderall XR before. Meth's a whole different story.

I'm really really glad my brain prefers the shorter acting and less neurotoxic of the two =D

Really? Awesome, you're the first person I've ever heard claim this. Dextroamphetamine gives me the absolute WORST insomnia. dextromethamphetamine, never had a problem sleeping 4 hours after a dose.

D-amp's half life is longer. It is also a less potent serotonin drug and more potent in NE and dopamine release. This is a bad thing for a person with anxiety/panic disorder.

What makes methamp so useful is how well balanced it is. Its stimulant effects are strong enough to keep a person alert in medicinal doses, but weak enough not to cause as much anxiety.

Meth's down fall is it's more neurotoxic and addictive.

Which is why most doctors give people adderall for concentration and not desoxyn.

As someone who's prescribed like 20-40mg Desoxyn a day, and as someone who's tried all the prescription stimulants, how is this more neurotoxic or addictive than someone taking 80mg Adderall XR a day?

I am sure that 20mg desoxyn is less neurotoxic than even 40mg Adderall XR. As far as addiction, I can't comment on that as I can't understand how any person could take these drugs on a daily basis.

Well I'm not posting in ADD. Advanced drug discussion would be glad to explain how neurotoxic methamp is compared to its little brother, dextroamphetamine.

tricomb, in the doses you are using, you are doing more damage with 20mg desoxyn than 20mg of adderall.

20mg of desoxyn does not equal 80mg of adderall. That is comparing apples to oranges. Desoxyn is weaker in its stimulating effects, but stronger in its reward center effects, making it SEEM like a clean drug, but in reality it is doing more harm than good.

Adderall has more immediate side effects ( the come down, agitation, anxiety), but desoxyn's side effects last much longer than a couple of hours.

Methamphetamine is basically just a brain poison with positive temporary effects. The fact OP wants to use street-meth for concentrating on studies and "Partying LOL" makes me laugh.

Dude, I'm not saying 20mg desoxyn = 80mg adderall. And just cuz this isn't ADD doesn't mean we can't discuss the topic at hand.

1mg desoxyn=1mg dexedrine, they are equipotent.

I'm saying, at 20mg of desoxyn, I doubt I'm doing more damage than someone on a higher dose of amphetamine, or any of it's derivatives. Taking a lower dose of methamphetamine is not as neurotoxic as taking higher doses of amphetamine, is what I was saying.

And in my case I sincerely doubt it's doing more harm than good.

You are taking a gamble with that claim, tricomb.

They are both neurotoxic, however the damage meth does compared to D-amp is surprisingly high. If I were a doctor, I would not prescribe Desoxyn.

You may have a good sleep schedule, exercise and eat plenty, which will reduce damage by quite a lot.

I'm not trying to say you're destroying your brain since you're taking medicinal doses, but you are wrong to think base amphetamine and methamphetamine are compareable in neurotoxicity. OP's "Partying" use for crystal meth only leads me to believe he will end up doing much more than 20mg a day.

I take 5-10mg a week, 20mg tops, I am not doing myself any substantial harm. (Although if I was taking my prescribed 40mg/day, which I never do, I'm sure I'd have problems, as is the case with most medications, doctors overprescribe. I'm scripted like 12mg xanax a day, do I take this? hell no, I don't even take benzos regularly.)

I told the OP the same thing after his claim that he would be doing less crystal than a person takes desoxyn.

tricomb said:
Really? Awesome, you're the first person I've ever heard claim this. Dextroamphetamine gives me the absolute WORST insomnia. dextromethamphetamine, never had a problem sleeping 4 hours after a dose.

You must be vaping it then I assume to get such short effects? Vaped I find it too mild, makes me feel alright and chatty, but orally it does a much better job of making me feel super alert (why I take stimulants for most of the time) but then the effects persist much longer. In my group of friends I'm definitely in the minority finding d-amp > meth for euphoria.

But yeah I can always sleep within 7 hours of taking dexedrine (even while still feeling some of the stimulating effects depending on dose)

I would prefer you chose the adderal, but since you cannot afford it and understandably so, definitely stick with the street speed- not meth! I dont care how pure you are saying the meth you can get is, its made with toxic chemicals. And you most likely will not beable to sleep unless you take something to aid/induce sleep. Just the fact that you say you can control yourself 'you hope' is concerning, meth is relatively easy to get and fairly inexpensive so I hope whatever decision you make you proceed with caution

Well, I can't make up my mind whether to choose amp or meth. So I guess I'll have to try them both, see what I like more.

But I actually asked around, and meth in my area is like half the price of the same amount of coke. I honestly thought it would be dirt cheap, but doesn't seem like so.
The speed I can get is fairly inexpensive so I guess I'm gonna stick to that for starters.

Here, I think you can actually spend more at home depot on dirt than crystal.

Now we don't want to really get into price discussion, so report back after you've tried them and let us know how it goes.

i cant get any crystal in my area, just desoxyn, and its expensive as hell, although thats probably for the better, cause if i had a steady supply of crystal meth, that would be the end of me

I think we're getting somewhere.
How big is the impulse to redose on the stuff? Is it compulsive like coke?

The impulse to redose ice on a scale of 1/10 where 1 is low, would be 10/10 for sure.... words can't describe it

Having come from and returned to meth in the add journey with 5 years off addys in the middle I thought I'd toss my hat in the opinion arena here.

If you can manage your drug habbits well I say don't let people fear monger you away from speed. Yes a bunch of people have fucked their lives up on it, doesn't mean it's not a remarkable compound. I'm weary of a great many studies since they seem very contradictory how benign the ADD meds and how malignant the street meth is. Just know you got a good source you're solid. The most frustrating thing about returning to meth use is all the bs floating around that isn't meth. There's been a huge influx of Methcathinone lately which is absolutely fucking useless if you're lookin for ADD meds. I actually got lucky enough to procure SWIM a half ounce of pure amphetamine recently :). Next to no mood lift, focus solid, bit sleepy almost due to my paradoxical reactions I get to everything. Focus is great, in the zone for work, libido mildly stimmulated. Interesting to get regular amps after so many years with racemeics and double methylations.

So if you can manage your Dex come downs, and aren't constantly chasing that mood lift when you got a gang of addys I'd say you'll be fine on meth. Meth lasts quite a while, my secret weapon to combat the early come down feelings...EAT FOOD. haha it's amazing how much a bowl of durum wheat pasta and some complex proteins from garbonzo beans or whatever, you're magically flying again, without redosing. Which means less crash and you'll come back down and go to bed.

MCat and coke are both worse for me as far as redosing craving than speed, and both of those make me feel like SHITTTT. So advice if you go meth route, watch yourself. It's more euphoric, so you need more self control regarding what you focus on. Definitely easy to get sidetracked regarding studies, you gotta stay on point, you'll be focused as fuck but your mood lift may make you say fuck this class I've put this and this off for too long, next thing you know you're asking for an extension. Also, meth is what lead me to an MD in the first place, benzos on hand aren't a bad idea in case you go up to far, panic attacks for 10 hours are not fun. If you catch yourself leading a far more distracted and lacking sleep lifestyle than with addys I say stop meth immediately. I haven't many people who can leave a bag alone for over a month, if you can't those are early signs of addiction. Meth ingested orally will last up to 10 hours, as with all other amps, you don't need to up medicinal doses, so even though the euphoria isn't there the focus will be. You don't need to increase your dose of meth per re-up. I prefer insufflation primarily cause I like to know quickly where I'm going on the chem as far as it's potency, and also 6 hours is enough per dosage usually, if I need a bit more longevity I do a hr 3 or 4 bump. It works for me, it destroys many lives, if you can't control yourself don't bank on the supply not being around, meth is everywhere, EVERYWHERE. And it's not hard to make. Don't bullshit yourself, don't start what you can't finish, don't write checks your ass can't cash etc. I'm an anomaly, but we're out here. Just make sure your source is legit, inconsistency is a bitch. Lost a half week of legal work time due to bunk bs and runnin out last week and it pissed me off and gave me a gang of anxiety when on no drugs, half xanny bar didn't do shit to settle me down (but I usually take a bar to settle down if amps get buggy). Of all stimson the planet I've tried, amphetamines are the only ones that make me feel alert and awake, everything else makes me get brain fog or literally knocks out, concerta's were like melancholy opiates when I tried em for add. I can't touch caffiene, amps are about it for focus and energy, so my involvement with em and addiction management is a mixed blessing.

Also regarding all the neurotoxicity reports, are any of them factoring in diet into the results? I've done amps for many years, done a good couple hundred rolls maybe even 300+ (weekly rolls for nearly 3 years on clean rolls), but always was obsessed with good nutrition, beyond just a 5-htp pill, but actually replenishing dopamine and serotonin from my diet naturally. Also exercising as much as possible and as many usage holidays as workloads allow for the amps. After shit nearly a decade now of beating the shit out of my brain, the last few years much tamer than my younger years, my memory is still pretty much photographic, most everything is still reticent awaiting recall. Got one occasional twitch I know which roll it came from even ha.

Just be weary man, meth has really gentle claws, you don't feel it sneakin' up on you unless you're really on top of it. Once it's got you, it doesn't let you go out of its clutches easily. An occasional recreational night is mellow, especially in college, but watch yourself, and regardless of finances, flush that mother fuckin remainder if you're fucking up. Watch your grades, your sleep, your redoses, be vary weary! But if it holds stable, it's a fucking wonderful compound. Also as I said, just be conscious of the euphoric difference, you might wind up writing some wired bullshit for your essays you normally wouldn't try to pull off. Low non-euphoric doses are phenomenal though if you're able to manage well :). Just know yourself, don't fuckin' train-wreck your life from ADD. Uninsured and due to the addy shortage lately it's a bitch to be with ADD, but if you can dig up good you're chill as long as it's regimented like medicine.

My preference is meth, there is no feeling in the world that beats the feeling of methamphetamine. However this coupled with all of the health risks, can destroy your world permanently and forever.

one minute you're kickin' it, stayin up, feeling good, the next you're pickin' up cigarette butts out of gas stations ashtrays to take back to your girlfriend who's asleep on the matress in your two room, run-down hovel. You have to run an extension cord to your neighbors house for electricity. You come back, shoot your cottons. You go work fastfood, she goes to the dope house and scores for the both of you. selling her body for dope. not like... suck me off and i'll give you a fifty but like... just reaping the benefits of being around depraved creepy run down tweakers... she's only twenty, and had so much potential... but you and her started doing dope a few months ago and now neither of your families will talk to you, you live in a bare walled apartment, with nothing but a matress and a lamp you have to carry around with you to go to the bathroom... but things are gonna change tomorrow... your friend gave you a tip on a dude sellin' dope out of his house, a real lick. so you get off work, acquire a shotgun and a ski mask, do the dope your girlfriend's now devalued body bought you, and attempt to rob the connecta....

amphetamine is like, meth without the high. i mean you get wired but you don't get that cascading dopamine euphoria jesus feeling...

also, re-dosing. it varies. i can pace myself, when i'm not workin' with a whole lot, but when i have a bunch i'll end up sticking two-three hundred dollars in my arm in about a day

I feel burnt out anytime after I use meth. I cant think of anyway to Burn Out better tbg other thsn crack. Id personally get meth. If the quality of ur street speed is not known you dont know that its Any less neurotoxic than Meth. I think some people get a little carried away with both drugs fuck its hard to say no to meth even After you hit psychosis but get the purer chemical.cThats how I am seeing it.