• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine or Methamphetamine?

BluLait

Bluelighter
So seeing I don't have enough money to buy some adderal, which would have been my DOC. But it's too damn expensive.. I'd be better off buying coke and being high more than if I bought adderlol.

So I have to choose between street speed (which lately, I'm not even sure of the quality). It's supposed to be 70%, but that's just if I'm lucky. Realistically I could find anywhere from 30% to 70%, best chance is that I'll get something with just 50% amphetamine sulphate in it.

Then on the other hand, there is methamphetamine. I've heard many nasty things about meth, but really, is it that bad compared to normal amphetamine?

First of all, the crystal meth I can get is very pure. Maybe around 90%? I mean, it's glass, can't really get better than that. It's more potent than normal amphetamine.

A gram of crystal meth can last me a loooong time!

So really, I'd be stupid to choose some crap street speed over meth, right?

Does anyone think I should just stick to normal speed and leave meth alone? Why would I do that?
I just wanna say, I'll be using the meth for studying and partying. I won't be binging around for days & shit. I can control myself, I hope.

The half-life is a bitch though. If I dose... let's say 15mg's of meth in the morning. Will I be able to sleep at night?

Here's some related reading to help you make your mind up:

Methamphetamine Toxicity

Amphetamines vs. Methamphetamines

Cause and Manner of Death in Fatalities Involving Methamphetamine (only)

The methamphetamine megathread

Methamphetamine is generally considered to be significantly more toxic, partly due to the nature of the beast itself compared to regular speed.

The choice is yours; neither of them are safe. Both highly likely to be much more neurotoxic than the ethylphenidate you've been taking.

Thousands of meth addicts have stood in your shoes making that same decision that would ultimately change their life.

Yeah, it's cheaper, smoother and feels better, but you're taking a huge gamble and I mean huge, by choosing meth.

If you're wise you'll stick with adderall to study.

Thousands of meth addicts have stood in your shoes making that same decision that would ultimately change their life.

Yeah, it's cheaper, smoother and feels better, but you're taking a huge gamble and I mean huge, by choosing meth.

If you're wise you'll stick with adderall to study.
Well, I already said I can't get adderal. If I was going to buy adderal I'd buy coke instead. Same price really.

Are you saying I should stick to the amphetamine sulphate instead of meth?

Well, I already said I can't get adderal. If I was going to buy adderal I'd buy coke instead. Same price really.

Are you saying I should stick to the amphetamine sulphate instead of meth?

If you follow your head, that's the conclusion you should come to.

Amphetamine sulfate is like taming a kitten.
Methamphetamine is like taming a fully grown male lion.

I'm not even talking about neurotoxicity. I'm talking about addiction potential.

But, if I don't abuse meth, is it really that much more dangerous than normal amphetamine?
I'm not talking about addiction potential or anything like that. I'll probably not really use euphoric doses either.

I'm just talking about taking maybe 10-15mg's in the morning and that's it. Obviously I won't be doing this every day.
I will be taking less meth than an ADHD person prescribed desoxyn.

Using it at such low doses and very infrequent use. Do you think it has the potential for long-term/permanent health/mental issues?

I really couldn't give a damn about it's addictive potential. I can't get addicted to meth. I'm not going to start explaining exactly WHY I can't get addicted to it, because it would involve something against Bluelight rules. Also I don't like to talk about my super-private shit.
I'm just worried about health/mental issues following low-moderate/infrequent use.

It seems that every time I make a thread and ask a few specific questions: half the time people just go off-topic and talk about how addictive this and that is, and that addiction is a bitch, and it will ruin your life, and they don't really give a complete and comprehensive answer to that original question.

Last edited:
To answer your bold question, meth is neurotoxic even at low doses.

If you do decide to use meth, let us know how it goes.

You may eat your words. Also, addiction potential really should be a factor in determining which drug is 'better' or 'safer' IMO.

The choice is yours; neither of them are safe. Both highly likely to be much more neurotoxic than the ethylphenidate you've been taking.
I ran out of the EPH. I kind of liked it but... It's not really for me. Also I got so fucking paranoid about its caustic nature that I can't really even snort it anymore. I almost always bomb it and that sucks....

If you do decide to use meth, let us know how it goes.

You may eat your words. Also, addiction potential really should be a factor in determining which drug is 'better' or 'safer' IMO.
I might or might not decide to use meth. I want to see what other people have to say about this.
As I said, addiction potential is not a factor, not with meth. I will not take it into account simply because I can't get addicted to it. I can't get it often enough to actually be able TO get addicted to it.

The only thing I'm really interested in is it's neurotoxicity compared to regular amphetamine, and how much better it is in terms of subjective effects?

Well one of the bonuses of methamphetamine is that many report that it gives the best lift on anxiety. It will definitely help you in school if you can use it right. Good luck.

Oh and don't hate. I've seen at least a dozen of my friends get pulled into junkie ville from just trying meth a couple of times. Of course I'm going to be weary of it doing the same to you. I've personally never met a successful street-meth user, so please be careful.

I know meth would be the death of me for sure...Good luck with the results, whichever you choose.

I am prescribed desoxyn.... You say you'll be taking less crystal than a person would take desoxyn. I doubt that. What dose are you planning? A typical desoxyn dose is like 20mg per day.

I disagree with statements made that methamphetamine taken therapeutically is any worse for you than amphetamine...

Desoxyn is much better and healthier than street "Speed" or shitty ass amphetamine sulphate.

I am prescribed desoxyn.... You say you'll be taking less crystal than a person would take desoxyn. I doubt that. What dose are you planning? A typical desoxyn dose is like 20mg per day.

This is also a good point. Street speed is not as precise or pure as pharmaceutical grade.

I will have to develop intricate schemes to not be able to redose. That's going to be my main problem I think.

Cause I can maybe get like 1 gram every 2 months or so.

But there's nothing stopping me just taking more and more until I finish the gram and realize the next weekend is here, I haven't slept or eaten and I'm seeing shadow people. That is a problem right there.

Is it like MDMA-toxic? Would taking it once a month effectively rule-out neurotoxicity ?

I disagree with statements made that methamphetamine taken therapeutically is any worse for you than amphetamine...

Desoxyn is much better and healthier than street "Speed" or shitty ass amphetamine sulphate.

That's what I was thinking. 20 mg's on an exam day, or if I'm at a party or whatever.

Is it like MDMA-toxic? Would taking it once a month effectively rule-out neurotoxicity ?

You're in luck, I saw this earlier when digging up the other links:

The Neurotoxic Effects of 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and Methamphetamine

The results showed that METH was more toxic to 5-HT terminals than MDMA in forebrain regions, including the anterior cingulate, caudate nucleus, nucleus accumbens, and septum. METH was also more toxic than MDMA to dopamine terminals in the habenula, and posterior retrosplenial cortex. Therefore, we find that METH was more toxic to 5-HT and dopamine terminals in specific brain regions in both pre and post-synaptic sites following continuous equimolar dosing.

I don't think once a month will rule out neurotoxicity if it's inherently more neurotoxic than MDMA.

Last edited:

The Neurotoxic Effects of 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and Methamphetamine

That's interesting. Basically they have no idea what happened but they're sure that both chemicals are neurotoxic. Also MDMA affects some species more than others. It's good that meth is more dose-dependent neurotoxic: It means that small doses aren't really an issue. But since I don't know how the mice tests will translate to humans, it doesn't help me that much.

The idea is probably the same. Neurotoxicity increases with dose and frequency of use both with meth and mdma.

Also, the doses, very high. 2.5mg/kg (the lowest dose given to the mice - the dose that didn't have that high neurotoxicity) would mean around 150-200mg in average person (depending on your weight) which is a fucking HUGE dose for someone with no tolerance. 50-100mg will have you running around town and cleaning any litter off the streets and telling people you're Britney Spears' agent & shit.

What's the meth comedown like? Much worse than normal stuff?

Last edited:

I don't think once a month will rule out neurotoxicity if it's inherently more neurotoxic than MDMA.

Did the link you gave me just change? Cause I could swear I read something about wild-type mice and 1.5,5,10mg/kg dosages and nothing about 40mg/kg MDMA dosages and 32mg/kg METH dosages? Why didn't the animals die of heart attacks?

Therefore, we find that METH was more toxic to 5-HT and dopamine terminals in specific brain regions in both pre and post-synaptic sites following continuous equimolar dosing.

It depends how you use it. The dosages they gave to mice were fucking huge. No wonder they sustained brain damage.
32 mg/kg a day? That's... insane. Like 2-3 grams a day. It might be normal for some meth-heads out there, but they have huge tolerances.

What's the meth comedown like? Much worse than normal stuff?

To me, I do not come down the same way I come off of D-amp AT ALL. Meth seems to not even have a come down. The next day comes and bam. Suddenly I'm depressed. Horrible thoughts and feelings of helplessness. I've never even binged it. I use small doses of it occasionally to help with studies. I couldn't even imagine what someone that does not take care of their selves endures.