• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine or Methamphetamine?

I'm gonna flip out if someone says adderal one more time. Did you even read the first sentence?

Desoxyn for me has no comedown. I doubt that therapeutic doses of methamphetamine are that neurotoxic. Most of those studies are referring to crystal methamphetamine, where dosing above 100mg is almost always the case.

I'm not trying to be the voice that says "meth isn't bad for you", but it really isn't if you're taking it as prescribed by your physician. Not everyone tolerates methamphetamine although in my experience people tolerate it much better than any other amphetamine and certainly better than methylphenidate, which IMO is a supped up caffeine with a plethora of side effects. This is why a physician determines whether it's right for you or not.

I would recommend the pharmaceutical version of ANY stimulant, over street "speed".

I think we're getting somewhere.
How big is the impulse to redose on the stuff? Is it compulsive like coke?

With desoxyn, I have zero impulse to redose. It's not like you're smoking crystal, or snorting it even.

Oral administration is the best for methamp, onset is delayed a LITTLE, but the levels of meth stay relatively stable in your blood. A single dose of 5-10mg will last me 4-6 hours.

It will not make you "tweak" like Adderall does, it is much cleaner, stable, and honestly I think it's harder to abuse. It's easy for people to do chronic redosing with regular adderall, because you need such high doses for it to work for your purpose, but at these high doses come NASTY side effects, for me, unbearable hypertension and jaw clenching, NO appetite. With desoxyn, there is no hypertension that I notice, my jaw does not clench, and eating is not as big of a problem.

Honestly, an IR dose of methamphetamine can sometimes last longer than an XR dose of dexedrine in my experience, and your doses with desoxyn are usually so low you don't get side effects, or any compulsion to redose.

jesus tricomb every time i go to post on an amphetamines topic you beat me to the punch haha

Please, share your own experiences with the drug, Bigfanofthemdrugs!
I'd like to hear them.

i have yet to try desoxyn although next week i am getting some, so ill be sure to post an experience then! also my experiences with regular amphetamines don't exactly make great stories, they're all stuff like "i cleaned my room and smoked 3 packs of cigarettes while playing guitar, and then felt like dying afterward" haha

Alright. But I'm mostly interested in crystal meth stories. I can't get desoxyn:(

If stimulants are your drug of choice than methamp is a dangerous pony to tickle. I iv'd about a half a gram over a period of a few days. Was one of the worst experiences iv had in my life. Sure the rush was great and the euphoria was amazing. but the pain in my jaw and stomach was horrid from not eating and grinding my teeth being over stimulated and the crash that was the worst part. I have had no desire to do meth again. Now iv opiates that a different monkey on my back all together. but yea its up to you if your a compulsive stim user who likes to re dose. I would recommend to not do it.

Oh wait i just realized something, you said you could afford coke, but not adderall? i dont know what youre getting, but adderall is a LOT cheaper than coke where im from

Yeah that part doesn't make sense to me either. But, where I'm from, crystal is super cheap, cheaper than pharmaceutical amps.

I know I shouldn't post prices, but fuck that.

Adderal is around *snip* for a 10mg pill. I need around 10 pills to get high maybe like 5 times, right?
So with a gram of coke, I can probably get high a lot more than 5 times, for the same price, right? Of course, the high lasts less longer, but coke is better :D

250mg is all I need on a night out, with coke. No tolerance is nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I used a lot of stims I always liked speed (racemic amphetamine) more than meth. Speed is very strong and pure here (I've had 80% pure speed once and a big line made me feel like my hair was standing straight up and my body was filled with electric bolts). I don't know how the situation is in the US, it seems street speed is of very low quality there. Meth messes with my mind, my thoughts are racing in all directions and I can't focus especially good. Speed is more straightforward and clear-headed, with better mental focus and motivation. Meth is more euphoric but the comedown is unbearable and seems to last forever. I've had horrific comedowns with speed too when taking it three days straight without sleep and enough food, but the comedown is still not as bad as with meth. And meth is just so damn neurotoxic. Due to its longer duration it also keeps you awake much longer than speed, the residual stimulation continues much longer after the euphoria is gone. There's also more paranoia and other nasty side effects with meth that are much stronger than speed.

Meth is not that common here and the speed freaks all seem to prefer speed over meth. It may be a cultural thing or then it's just because speed is so familiar and more predictable than meth to the users here. I don't use either one anymore but when I used it all foreign friends who visited me were always surprised about the intensity and euphoria of good speed. It seems street speed is crap in most countries.

If we only had pure grade coke here I would use it every now and then. But it's insanely expensive and the quality is very low. Only once have I got very pure coke here. Strangely enough I don't get any bad comedown from coke either, something I get with all amphetamines.

Meth hands down.
IMO comedown from regular amphetamine are much worse.

Actually, I've never had street amphetamine. Just Adderall. But I can't imagine anything beating a hit the floor and go blind rush from shooting meth.
Meth before it's freebased is the absolute best though. Smooth, solid rush, if the pH is adjusted correctly it has amazing legs.
Preferable to "ice"

It's easier to get a very strong rush from meth because you can smoke it. Racemic amphetamine and d-amph can't be smoked, you have to IV them to get the really strong rush. I've never IV'ed anything so I can't compare the rush when IV'ed. Meth is more serotonergic too so it's surely more euphoric but how much more I can't say regarding IV use.

Edit: A question to those who IV speed or/and meth. When I've seen people shooting speed they actually get drowsy and sedated for the first minutes before the stimulation kicks in. What's the reason for this?

I've never really noticed any seretonergic effects from meth, and i'm pretty in tune with my chemicals and stuff. interesting.
the way the pH is adjusted in the manufacturing process is a big factor. You can make dope that lasts or dope that more rushy. It's difficult to compare street meth to other stims because methamphetamine can be made to do so many different things. Fight dope and fuck dope and everything in between.

I.V. amphetamine sounds way interesting though.

Adderall is reall so cost prohibitive that you have to resort to buying street speed or meth. That's crazy, but believeable due to the recent shortage of adderall in pharmacies.

I would go with the street speed as you put it. I've personally never done meth, but nor have I wanted to, it's about the only drug I can say that for. It's much more nueurotoxic than regualar amphetamine, and the purity is much more likely to get you addicted. Think of how many lives it's ruined.

I've never really noticed any seretonergic effects from meth, and i'm pretty in tune with my chemicals and stuff. interesting.
the way the pH is adjusted in the manufacturing process is a big factor. You can make dope that lasts or dope that more rushy. It's difficult to compare street meth to other stims because methamphetamine can be made to do so many different things. Fight dope and fuck dope and everything in between.

I.V. amphetamine sounds way interesting though.

I think the reason meth feels more messy and "rolling" than speed is that it also is a serotonin agonist. Regular amphetamine doesn't have much effect on serotonin, hence the more clear-headed feeling.

IV'ing speed would definitely give you a kick in the ass if its pure but if you're accustomed to meth you may be a little disappointed as it's less euphoric than meth. But it's definitely equally stimulating.

It's easier to get a very strong rush from meth because you can smoke it. Racemic amphetamine and d-amph can't be smoked, you have to IV them to get the really strong rush. I've never IV'ed anything so I can't compare the rush when IV'ed. Meth is more serotonergic too so it's surely more euphoric but how much more I can't say regarding IV use.

Edit: A question to those who IV speed or/and meth. When I've seen people shooting speed they actually get drowsy and sedated for the first minutes before the stimulation kicks in. What's the reason for this?

After pushing off a hit of ice, you get hit with a rush that courses through your body and consumes you for a few minutes, just you and the rush, and then after the rush is gone, you tweak. That's the best description I can give, as a former IV user.

For me, methamp can make me feel good, but there is no way ampheatmine would EVER produce any effects that I would call "good".