Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
what a great season premiere! October, the month, is so kind to us horror fans... and I must say that this show has it all

it's brought to you by the duo that producer Nip/Tuck and Glee, and although I was never a fan of both of those shows, they are quality for television. so it will be nice to see them take care of this horror show as they should. what intrigued me the most was that the producing duo said that while they are going to focus on scary things that go bump in the night (and they did and it was great), they are also going to focus on other non-traditionally horror scary topics

and this is what caught my eye the most. if you're thinking that I'm being a bit unclear on the latter, I mean such subjects that everyone is afraid of: being picked on, infidelity, cutting, sexual rejection, etc

all were delved into. I'm so excited about this great horror show! we've got Walking Dead AND now American Horror Story to indulge my tastes

well, this show is still going on pretty strong... episode 2 wasn't quite as good as the season premier, but that's usually the story now, isn't it?

it's getting kind of confusing for me, as I am trying to prognosticate who in the gallery of characters are ghosts or not? we have the crazy old Southern lady (a WONDERFUL Jessica Lange - btw - since when hasn't she played crazy ladies??), the young emotionally troubled schoolyard victim (who reminds me of a more annoying, younger, Kurt Cobain), the down's syndrome kid who predicts every victim's untimely death (srsly I'm waiting for that damn poodle-dog to die any second now), and the old whore of a maid (who quite obviously HAS to be a ghost because she appears to be old to the lady of the house, and a hot, young, slutty-something to the man of the house. PLUS Jessica Lange's character said "don't make me kill you again" or whateves)

all of these characters above could be ghosts or they could not be ghosts

the best aspect of the show, I will reiterate, is how the two quite storied producers (the guys from Glee and Nip/Tuck) said that they also want to focus on the everyday things that people will fear. just like in this second episode to when Dylan McDermotte's previous cheat-fling called him on his mobile and declared that she was pregnant from their sultry affair! now THAT is a true nightmare!!

so am I really the only BLers in the world that is watching and enjoying this show??

can't be, can it??

I'm watching the pilot as I type this, creepy as hell. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I'm pumped to see the third episode tonight!!

the follow-up episode to the pilot wasn't as interesting as the pilot itself, but the show still does a good job delivering constant horror in a barrage of images that is strangely accessible to our ADD generation of media indulgence

The third episode didn't really have the scare factor of the first, but it's still creeping me out which I like. I'm also liking the mystery that's developing with the non-family characters, especially the girl with the gunshot wound.

yeah, this show has a lot riding on one factor, for me. the fact that every episode so far has used flash-backs, to describe the history of the very storied "Murder House." I know that sometimes one doesn't need to and shouldn't need to use flash-backs to tell a story, but I feel like in a horror setting, this accomplishes SO much due to the past being, well, very interesting

I'm enjoying this horror series so much! it might be very derivative from any of the best horror movies of all-time, but I'm okay with it

the show is just too unique in its presentation, pacing, and plot that I can't pass it up

A friend brought the show over on halloween and we watched the first two eps. Pretty creepy!

The character's gradually-revealed problems have me a little hooked.

(I used to watch Nip/Tuck in high school, I was pretty into it. Don't know whether I'd enjoy it now or not...)

I'm watching the Halloween episode now.....
First one I've seen, and I have the latest one recorded to watch next.
I'm pretty freaked out right now! haha
:D

I assumed I would hate this series.
Then I watched the marathon of the first four episodes.
I'm hooked...

I actually REALLY like this show...I am always wondering which characters are REAL-or alive...with this premise...you never know. I am interested to see what is in mom's belly!!!

I am a huge fan of this show. I actually make anyone who comes over to my house watch it, as well.

I really wanna know what these "twins" are too. Why does the house/the ghosts need a baby so badly?

I dunno, but I love watching it every week.

I think the writing has been great.
Bringing in the Black Dahlia was a cool touch.

yeah that Black Dahlia touch was great, and so creepy that Mina Suvari was finally happy to become "famous"

the local critics in my town have panned this show, yet they admit that they cannot help but watch every single episode! what a crock of shit, to give a show one star but to say that one desperately watches it each and every week

see, this is why I love the 90s. concerning arts + entertainment, I feel like in the post-90s world all art critiques have become hipster-fried with their holier-than-thou, I like it but I really don't, ironic-peppered bullshit! in the 90s, you just liked what you liked! no butts about it! but now, we have to look down at a show, and hardly admit that we do like it, when deep down inside we truly do

I love horror, and while AHS wears its influences most garishly and most proudly on its blood stained sleeves, I can deal with it. the idea of a solidly good horror show, with episodes each and every week, is just too enticing for me to pass up ;)

Agreed.
There hasn't been a serious horror series on TV in forever.
Particularly one with such an emphasis on sex.
I don't know where all the hate comes from, I think it's a solid series with a lot of potential.

I love this show, got a load of my mates watching it now, thursday (as I'm in the UK) tradition to get blazed and watch the new episode :)

Pretty good finale.

It will be interesting to see what they do next season. It doesn't appear than anyone is moving back into Murder House, so I wonder what will happen with the cast and how they will be included next year and incorporated with the raising of the antichrist.

I do enjoy the show but I have to mention something that really bothers me: Violet's crying. It goes on for seriously way too long and its moany/little kid nature is crazy annoying. Like, I nearly believed the writers/directors think it's a pathetic characteristic of Violet and are doing it all for the lulz. Anyone with me? :D