• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Amanita muscaria gummies?

I had a bad experience with what I believe were amanitas when I was like 8 or 9 years old. I went to a restaurant with my parents and ate a salad with a few freaky looking mushrooms in it. I remember that one was white with the red stripes going through it. My dad and I ate them but my mom didn't.

I was delirious and sick to my stomach all night, and the next day my dad told me that he was tripping out all night. That was the first and last time for amanitas for me! :sick:

Last edited:
I’ve eaten enough Amanita mushrooms to have a psychedelic experience before. It feels like a sedative at lower dosages but at higher ones it does actually produce visuals, visions, deranged thinking, euphoric giggling, body tremors, etc. To me it feels a lot like an alcohol intoxication that becomes so strong that it suddenly starts becoming a psychedelic experience instead, and doesn’t ever stop being clean. This was with actual mushrooms, not gummies.

That being said, there’s a stickied post on r/amanitamuscaria on Reddit claiming that some of these gummies sold by a company that goes by multiple names have been found to contain psilocybin and psilocin. I was interested in these things until I started reading about this, now I’m certainly suspicious and likely to stay away.

I also came across a shop once that was selling some of these gummies but claiming they also had HHC in them. Already thought that was weird from the get-go.
I only skimmed that thread and will read it in more detail later, and while I haven't YET eaten the pack of Amanita gummies that I bought, I spoke to the guys at the head shop who sold them to me which I go to frequently, and they said that everyone loves them and is coming back and buying more. They also said that they tend to just give you a good relaxed body buzz. Now I've gotten a nice body buzz from psilocybin/psilocin shrooms, but that description just doesn't sound like psilocybin to me. It sounds like a GABA drug, which is what Amanitas are. My bad says the ration is 2:1:1 for Musicmol, Muscarine and Ibotenic acid.

Also, the brand I have is not the same as many of the ones I've seen advertised online. So I mean, I won't know what they are like till I take them, and even when I do I can't 100% prove what's in them, but from the reports I've been getting they: 1) have a nice effect that has influenced customers to repeatedly buy them again 2) they don't SOUND like psilocybin/psilocin.

Now, I am on prozac which is an SSRI, so would people recommend against my taking these since I don't know for sure what's in them?

Because personally, from the descriptions I have gotten of how they feel, I can't really think of any drugs that could be in it that would have a negative interaction with SSRIs. If it's psilocybin, then that's fine with SSRIs, and so is 4-ACO DMT, and so are most GABA drugs.

I’ve eaten enough Amanita mushrooms to have a psychedelic experience before. It feels like a sedative at lower dosages but at higher ones it does actually produce visuals, visions, deranged thinking, euphoric giggling, body tremors, etc. To me it feels a lot like an alcohol intoxication that becomes so strong that it suddenly starts becoming a psychedelic experience instead, and doesn’t ever stop being clean. This was with actual mushrooms, not gummies.
Nice, now my interest is peaked again with the mushrooms (not gummies). I really need to give this a shot with some caveats. I take your write ups with a lot of respect Kaleida so it weighs a lot with me.

The research starts... (with the actual mushrooms and not gummies lol)

Nice, now my interest is peaked again with the mushrooms (not gummies). I really need to give this a shot with some caveats. I take your write ups with a lot of respect Kaleida so it weighs a lot with me.

The research starts... (with the actual mushrooms and not gummies lol)

I wouldn’t purposely steer you the wrong way with the mushrooms. :) Although it’s worth noting that I did use Amanita pantherina when I had that trip, not Amanita muscaria. In general, this is my recommendation. The literature I’m familiar with confidently claims that the difference is that the pantherina has a higher amount of muscimol and ibotenic acid, a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and a complete lack of muscarine, compared to the muscaria. All of those things sound great to me, and they have indeed been more potent than the muscaria for me so far. I received the aforementioned effects from 4 g of Amanita pantherina while 7 g of Amanita muscaria only caused me to have mild flashes of deliriant-like hallucinations and tiredness.

I’m aware that many sources claim that Amanita pantherina is more toxic than Amanita muscaria, but I’m also aware of many sources that claim that Amanita muscaria itself is a toxin with no other use, and I haven’t really found compelling evidence that either is truly toxic. From what I can gather it’s been an extremely long time since the mushrooms were considered to have caused any actually severe medical emergencies with anything less than huge dosages that are usually ingested without the intention of taking them as drugs (like just treating them as food instead and eating a ton) and even then, it seems to be mainly people with sensitivities like older adults or children that suffer as a result. Do your own research too of course, but I didn’t find anything to scare me away from them. From what I can tell most people who have used them seem to agree that they are stronger than Amanita muscaria in general.

This is one of my favorite trip reports (of anything, ever). It is with Amanita muscaria, showing that Amanita pantherina is not necessary. It’s part of what motivated me to explore with the mushrooms, and still does.

Safe travels as always. :) Do not underestimate them, is my advice…. On my strongest Amanita pantherina trip, my inner monologue was literal nonsense. I didn’t do anything but sit on my couch goofily laughing at how ridiculous it was though, and then I went back to hanging out with my friend who happened to be there for the experience. It’s far easier to be social during than anything else that psychedelic is for me, or at least was that time. At the level of that trip report it’s… probably a different story.

I only skimmed that thread and will read it in more detail later, and while I haven't YET eaten the pack of Amanita gummies that I bought, I spoke to the guys at the head shop who sold them to me which I go to frequently, and they said that everyone loves them and is coming back and buying more. They also said that they tend to just give you a good relaxed body buzz. Now I've gotten a nice body buzz from psilocybin/psilocin shrooms, but that description just doesn't sound like psilocybin to me. It sounds like a GABA drug, which is what Amanitas are. My bad says the ration is 2:1:1 for Musicmol, Muscarine and Ibotenic acid.

Also, the brand I have is not the same as many of the ones I've seen advertised online. So I mean, I won't know what they are like till I take them, and even when I do I can't 100% prove what's in them, but from the reports I've been getting they: 1) have a nice effect that has influenced customers to repeatedly buy them again 2) they don't SOUND like psilocybin/psilocin.

Now, I am on prozac which is an SSRI, so would people recommend against my taking these since I don't know for sure what's in them?

Because personally, from the descriptions I have gotten of how they feel, I can't really think of any drugs that could be in it that would have a negative interaction with SSRIs. If it's psilocybin, then that's fine with SSRIs, and so is 4-ACO DMT, and so are most GABA drugs.

I personally wouldn’t take a drug that I didn’t think I could positively identify if I was simultaneously taking a medication that I thought could potentially have a negative interaction with something. In the spirit of harm reduction I don’t really feel that I can say more than that. If you do take them just start small and monitor yourself, you can always get more if it turns out you like them and would like to go deeper.

I wouldn’t purposely steer you the wrong way with the mushrooms. :) Although it’s worth noting that I did use Amanita pantherina when I had that trip, not Amanita muscaria. In general, this is my recommendation. The literature I’m familiar with confidently claims that the difference is that the pantherina has a higher amount of muscimol and ibotenic acid, a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and a complete lack of muscarine, compared to the muscaria. All of those things sound great to me, and they have indeed been more potent than the muscaria for me so far. I received the aforementioned effects from 4 g of Amanita pantherina while 7 g of Amanita muscaria only caused me to have mild flashes of deliriant-like hallucinations and tiredness.

I’m aware that many sources claim that Amanita pantherina is more toxic than Amanita muscaria, but I’m also aware of many sources that claim that Amanita muscaria itself is a toxin with no other use, and I haven’t really found compelling evidence that either is truly toxic. From what I can gather it’s been an extremely long time since the mushrooms were considered to have caused any actually severe medical emergencies with anything less than huge dosages that are usually ingested without the intention of taking them as drugs (like just treating them as food instead and eating a ton) and even then, it seems to be mainly people with sensitivities like older adults or children that suffer as a result. Do your own research too of course, but I didn’t find anything to scare me away from them. From what I can tell most people who have used them seem to agree that they are stronger than Amanita muscaria in general.

This is one of my favorite trip reports (of anything, ever). It is with Amanita muscaria, showing that Amanita pantherina is not necessary. It’s part of what motivated me to explore with the mushrooms, and still does.

Safe travels as always. :) Do not underestimate them, is my advice…. On my strongest Amanita pantherina trip, my inner monologue was literal nonsense. I didn’t do anything but sit on my couch goofily laughing at how ridiculous it was though, and then I went back to hanging out with my friend who happened to be there for the experience. It’s far easier to be social during than anything else that psychedelic is for me, or at least was that time. At the level of that trip report it’s… probably a different story.

I personally wouldn’t take a drug that I didn’t think I could positively identify if I was simultaneously taking a medication that I thought could potentially have a negative interaction with something. In the spirit of harm reduction I don’t really feel that I can say more than that. If you do take them just start small and monitor yourself, you can always get more if it turns out you like them and would like to go deeper.
I mean, that's fair, but I don't see it as likely that these have anything that could negatively interact with an SSRI in them based on what they are described as feeling like, and the bag itself says Muscarine/Muscimol/Ibotenic acid at a range of 2:1:1, so unless the company that made them is entirely lying, these are Amanitas. Why would a company just completely lie and put other shit on them? I know that's possible, but it seems like a real risk for those vendors/companies to taint them with other random shit and possibly cause negative reactions for people.

But also, as mentioned, I know these guys at the headshop who sell them. They say that everyone loves them are coming back for more and that they are very chill and relaxing without usually having any visuals. Now I know those people are not on SSRIs, so that's different, but I feel that probably with caution if I start with 1 and feel fine that this seems safe.

Most others I have asked on here seem to think so as well.

Last edited:
I mean, how likely do other people think it is that these Amanita gummies being sold as Muscaine/Muscimol/Ibotenic acid at 2:1:1: are bogus and laced with something else?

Remember that I have experience with the guys at this head shopping selling them and they saying that everyone loves them and is coming back to buy more and saying the experience is very relaxing and chill.

I am on an SSRI (Prozac), but how likely is it that these are laced with something else that would have a negative interaction with an SSRI based on both what the bag says and what the customers have said about how it feels? What feels like a relaxing GABA type drug that has negative interactions with SSRIs?

And would others really say that a bag that says and is sold as Amanitas--2:1:1 Muscarine/Muscimol/Ibotenic acid is REALLY "a substance you can't identify"?

I know you are trusting what the bag says, but, I'm just not sure that these things that are selling like hot cakes at my headshop are an unidentified substance.

I mean, how likely do other people think it is that these Amanita gummies being sold as Muscaine/Muscimol/Ibotenic acid at 2:1:1: are bogus and laced with something else?

Remember that I have experience with the guys at this head shopping selling them and they saying that everyone loves them and is coming back to buy more and saying the experience is very relaxing and chill.
I don't think there is anyway for anyone to give you a likelihood of what these gummies contain. The headshop guys are obviously going to rave about their own products which isn't to say they're ying, just that they're not entirely the best sources here. It is however somewhat unlikely that something really toxic would be in a product being sold OTC.

As with every drug purchase ever, there's an element of the unknown here. Suffice to say, if you don't totally know what drug you've got, not taking it is always prudent. Given that many of us aren't quite that prudent, taking a small amount and gradually titrating up is pretty decent harm reduction.

I don't think there is anyway for anyone to give you a likelihood of what these gummies contain. The headshop guys are obviously going to rave about their own products which isn't to say they're ying, just that they're not entirely the best sources here. It is however somewhat unlikely that something really toxic would be in a product being sold OTC.

As with every drug purchase ever, there's an element of the unknown here. Suffice to say, if you don't totally know what drug you've got, not taking it is always prudent. Given that many of us aren't quite that prudent, taking a small amount and gradually titrating up is pretty decent harm reduction.
Yeah, I'll most likely just take a small amount and titrate up.

To be fair to the other poster, he was talking about interactions with my SSRI and not just it being toxic, but even without being the world's greatest drug expert, based on the descriptions of how they make people feel like "relaxed, happy, nice body high without any visuals" is what they said, that just doesn't sound like too many things I know of that would have negative interactions with an SSRI.

I mean, what drugs feel like that that have negative interactions with SSRIs?

Similar psilocybin 2g body high from about 2000mg of amanita gummies but yeah definitely not the real deal.
Damn close just not potent enough.

Im newly signed up here. But i can give the little bit of info i think i know to be true. I experimented alot with amanita years ago. There was a certain temperature we would have to dry them at which would somehow change one chemical into another, im sure the scientists on here know what to what. But the bad chemical we wanted out made us often sick and never close to tripping but when we got the drying a bit more dialed the nausea and sickness wasnt there and could feel the difference in strength. That being said, so often it would feel like you were always on the edge of about to trip hard but not quite get there. Mushroom version of blue balls. She was a strange one the amanita, often that feel good body high like you say but i was looking for heavy trips on those days. Never quite felt i got there after 30 or more attempts. The closest i got was thinking i was a giant.. Genuinely belived i was at the time. Thinking i was passing things down to people 20foot below me when they were right next to me. There was often strange size distortions. Somehow i always had a hyped up feeling almost stimulant on higher doses.
Always felt on the threshold even though i think now i was where it was taking me. Even drunk my own piss on a good few occasions to prolong or intensify the trip. So hard to explain and a strange beast. Butvat the same time im sure there is alot to be learnt from it and definitely would have its uses. Even if that is being a viking warrior going to battle.
That even made sense to me after using them as there was a strange invincible feeling i would get.

Also we would only ever pick them full moons or at least waxing moon in dec and jan as that was what we knew them to be chemically strongest. Again this was all before the times of using the internet much. Just over 20 years ago

That being said, there’s a stickied post on r/amanitamuscaria on Reddit claiming that some of these gummies sold by a company that goes by multiple names have been found to contain psilocybin and psilocin. I was interested in these things until I started reading about this, now I’m certainly suspicious and likely to stay away.

I also came across a shop once that was selling some of these gummies but claiming they also had HHC in them. Already thought that was weird from the get-go.
Very interesting MAKES ME WANT TO SAY THE BRAND on the package but is it sourcing? If it's legal at headshops??

I tried a different brand at another shop, ate all 6 and felt like I took 1 or maybe 2 of the 500mg gummies that I have(ofc mine that I have been speaking of this whole time are much stronger). Guess I don't want to ruin a good thing either but yes that LINK had some names that seem very close to what I have although NOT exactly same name when reading but noticed they have many different names for they product.
Im newly signed up here. But i can give the little bit of info i think i know to be true. I experimented alot with amanita years ago. There was a certain temperature we would have to dry them at which would somehow change one chemical into another, im sure the scientists on here know what to what. But the bad chemical we wanted out made us often sick and never close to tripping but when we got the drying a bit more dialed the nausea and sickness wasnt there and could feel the difference in strength. That being said, so often it would feel like you were always on the edge of about to trip hard but not quite get there. Mushroom version of blue balls. She was a strange one the amanita, often that feel good body high like you say but i was looking for heavy trips on those days. Never quite felt i got there after 30 or more attempts. The closest i got was thinking i was a giant.. Genuinely belived i was at the time. Thinking i was passing things down to people 20foot below me when they were right next to me. There was often strange size distortions. Somehow i always had a hyped up feeling almost stimulant on higher doses.
Always felt on the threshold even though i think now i was where it was taking me. Even drunk my own piss on a good few occasions to prolong or intensify the trip. So hard to explain and a strange beast. Butvat the same time im sure there is alot to be learnt from it and definitely would have its uses. Even if that is being a viking warrior going to battle.
That even made sense to me after using them as there was a strange invincible feeling i would get.
Very interesting!! Yeah it's like psilocybin's weak lil cousin that is pure low dose trip material without the intense confusion that most get while tripping balls off" real shrooms".

Which I love at the time being. I mean yes I want real psilocybin or LSD but since I can't seem to obtain, THESE are a godsend for me!

Good question, can't readily recall.

I don't think you ever lose appetite per se. Low dose goes well with sugary snacks.. you know, christmas paradigm. High dose and food just isn't anywhere near the top of the priority list.

Also, the more ibotenic acid remains in the product, the more appetite will be suppressed. That stuff's quite sickening, even though sometimes that's exactly what you need to stay alert.

Gotta mention too: I rarely used it without weed.. so my anecdotal data might be skewed.

This will be an abridged trip report because most of what you have to know to do these right, you'll have learned along the way of trying molly, mushrooms or especially acid.

So I tried these last night and they were great. Repping a brand is not sourcing, telling people where to get that brand is sourcing.

Dose Level: Purple Brand, labelled as Amanita Muscaria 1200MG
I took one gummy.

This has strong antidepressive potential so if you are experiencing depression I recommend that you bring this drug up with your doctor or your trip sitter right away. Has a long and safe history.

Edit: These were very strong, about the level of an acid trip.

Last edited: