• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I the only one who hates weed?

This isn't directed at Cosmic giraffe. Generally pure sativas are going to be less available no matter where you are even if theoretically the demand is high. This is because they seem manageable during the vegetative stage but once you flip to 12/12 and experience 'the stretch', unless you have planned accordingly your plants will turn into a jungle, outgrowing your grow space and making a mess.

Most hybrids have an average flowering time in the region of 9 weeks, with indica dominant hybrids tending to have a shorter flower period and sativa more. Of course with further breeding you can bring down the flowering time even further. Sweet Seeds started crossing autoflowering strains with regular photoperiod strains. The co-dominant relationship between the two traits created a photoperiod strain with an even shorter flowering period, down to as low as 6 weeks flowering time. It was sort of like crossing a black flower and a white flower and getting a grey offspring. It's only a matter of time before other breeders start trying the same technique by the way.

So it takes some skill to grow sativas and get optimal yields. If you can get them and they are legitimate, the price generally will be higher to take all this into account and it ends up being a niche, connoisseur's product rather than a seller/dispensary's product. This might change, or might have already started to change for all I know. Just like there has always been a huge market for small scale fine, expensive and rare wines.

Pure sats can have flowering times as much as 24 weeks (other strains less of course). So what I'm saying is with the extra time and the skill required to do the grow efficiently, it's less likely to be available than hybrids because they are a pain to grow.

I enjoy sativas with just a hint of indica in there to balance everything out, making it easier to manage indoors, to give it better bud structure (no whispy low density buds) and to give it a much less anxious high. I actually bought a pack of Ace Tickal (fem) seeds which are 25% indica 75% sativa. It's predominantly their Guatemalan landrace strain but with a smidgen of a kush/haze hybrid in there - a small enough amount to allow the Guatemalan characteristic taste and smell to be expressed while being enough in the mix to balance everything out. Tikal is known for being one of their less anxious sativas so this is why I would recommend it for someone striving for the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
^ interesting where I am from sativa seems to be a lot more prevalent then indica, which is sad because I much prefer it. I love weed daily smoker for over a decade now except for short breaks forced upon me by the court systems a few times. I don't think I will ever stop smoking even though I can admit I do sometimes experience negative side effects such as paranoia and little motivation. I tend to alienate people sometimes because I don't care to be pretend to be interested in their drama. Makes me much more of an introvert no doubt. It helps only smoking at night but on those stressful days or days where I don't have to work it is difficult to abstain.

I can relate to being dependent on pills was prescribed Ativan and Ambien then switched to xanax. After that I discovered Etizolam and now my situation has become something else entirely. Taking both makes it a little more difficult to gauge what exactly I feel from what drugs. Some days are easier to control then others but I go back and forth constantly. I hope to stop this one day. Don't think ill ever give up bud though.

HEY!

I'm sorry to the op for another possible derail but hey, cosmic giraffe, mind giving a quick etizolam review? I've been playing around with the idea of finding a vendor and grabbing a shit ton of them but it always boils down to the evil I know being better than the one I don't, and I don't know much about etizolam.

Of kush is superrrrrr indica I believe and ive gotten a fuck lot of it here in WA state USA. So stoney its almost narcotic.

@jibult word. 24 here. Grew up in PA. Been to ocean city a couple times. Party town for sure my highschool went there for "senior week" every year prolly drove locals nuts.

It's a pretty small state but I'm nowhere near (relatively speaking, considering the state's size) Ocean City. Truthfully? I've never even been, lol. Grew up in this county/state my whole life but never been to Ocean City. I also hate crabs, and most other seafood. I'm just as much of an asshole as most Marylanders people'll ever come across, though, but at the same time I can be nice and polite as fuck. Love the state but I hate it. It's fuckin' weird.

But yeah, I'm in Charles County. You've got DC, right, and then directly south of DC is Prince George's County, Maryland, and then bordering that county on the South is Charles County. I'm like a 20min drive from the Capital with good traffic.

Last edited:
Sativa is different because it´s more intense in your body instead of mind. But it´s hard to find..
I think you may have it mixed up because folks tend to associate couch lock, body high effects to indica. Sativa's always hit me right between the eyes. Def pressure in head. The bud structure is completely different as well. Long fluffier buds. Like very lenky on pure sativa's.

artificial emotion is touching upon this. People call super fast flowering indica's out here "work weed" as ppl love it for commercial use. High yield low cost=higher profit margins.

Last sativa I had was Durban poison. Durban poisons genetics are super popular. Lots of girl scout cookies and GSC phenotypes floating around. I've also had some ruby red lately.

I don't hate weed; but if I smoke it too often I get bored of it, and having a huge tolerance isn't fun.

I have friends who I smoked up for their first time and they have smoked herb a few times and liked it but they prefer to get drunk instead of smoking herb or using other drugs they've tried.

Hey Jibult, I know you didn't ask me but I have plenty of experience with etizolam and diclazepam. To me the high is very euphoric and hard hitting. It's quite sedating for me and obviously very short acting. I would dissolve a set amount in food grade propylene glycol and measure out the 1mg/ml solution into screw top plastic phials for use on the go. I would simply dump the contents into a can of diet coke and drink it. Diclazepam is very long acting and compared to the etizolam the high is very dull and uninteresting. I would say on a scale of euphoria diclazepam ranks near the bottom under lorazepam and nearer the middle, diazepam and etizolam and temazepam nearing the top.

If there's anything else you would like to know just shoot me a PM. I apologise for butting in there when I wasn't asked but I hope I can help if CG is busy or whatever.

Beautiful, thanks for the response. I appreciate the input from all directions, it's just that cosmic giraffe was the one who mentioned it so I called him out on it. %)

I had never even heard of diclazepam before.... sounds uninteresting, lol.

Pot's the best, I've smoked almost daily (besides family vacations and stuff) for the last 3 years. Many people where I live smoke it daily, its a big aspect of peoples social lives.

Unlike previous posts I found weed to be more costly to others drugs, a 10 dollar gram will last be one or two sessions (approx. 3 hours) while 10 dollars of pills such as adderall (approx. 4-5) would last much longer.

I like good weed, but I hate bad weed.

You just gotta find your strain. The first few times I ever smoked bud, I would get uncomfortably high. Maybe comfort comes with more use, because now its a very comfortable feeling. Of course depending on strain. If you don't like it or when you smoke it shit hits the fan, try to find a CBD only strain. This guy I met recently (prob late 20s) said he just began using cannabis because his friend let him try a CBD strain and he loved it.

I wish I could smoke it. Makes me super paranoid. When I was younger it made me feel great.

WOW! The first posting that truly echoes my sentiments about the weed to the letter. I fully support legalization for those who wish to partake and especially for those who have a medical need, it has proven to be a godsend. Let em' have it. I noticed that you are one of the mentors in the adoption forum. Might you be interested in taking on a sort of shy, drug imbiber who can hear the elephants the way you hear the moose? The worst that can happen is I will follow you around like a puppy initially then possibly blossom out into someone who makes a contribution to the forum. If you would like to know more before you make a decision feel free to have at me. Sorry, no trust fund. Asylum. %)

I'm with you on this one. I've tried to actually force myself to like weed a few times because it's awkward having to deal with the weird looks when I pass on a joint as well as constantly having to explain to people that I'm not "anti-weed", I just don't like the way it makes me feel! If I do smoke weed, it has to be an indica strain and I can only take a couple tiny hits or else insane paranoia, physical discomfort, and just general unhappiness ensues.

What I LOVE is the weed/alcohol syngergy more than anything else but if I smoke weed without any alcohol or anything to reduce the anxiety I either get too anxious socially or even if I'm smoking by myself, which is usually, I just have endless negative thought patterns and worry constantly.

It's like if I smoke without booze and my life isn't going 100% PERFECTLY so there's nothing to worry about (and who's ever is??) then I will just sit there having endless negative thought patterns thinking about everything that's not going right and feeling like shit.

It didn't used to be that way when I was younger though and used to smoke everyday and had a tolerance cause back then I felt great a lot of the time when I smoked but it's like that now that I barely ever smoke.

Combine that with the fact that I have asthma and possibly also a weed pollen allergy (other asthmatics said they don't have a problem so maybe that's what it is) and the fact that I usually get asthma attacks when I smoke and it's just never worth it these days.

Maybe if I can ever get cheap 1:1 THC/CBD strains and THEN use it to make edibles so I don't get asthma inhaling it and that might solve my problem, but for now i can only smoke when I drink.

I hate it.

I wish weed itself just acted as the booze/weed combo works because for me it's the best feeling EVER to smoke weed while drunk.

All the euphoria and none of the anxiety.

Some times I wish it was shrooms that had become the new "socially accepted" drug that will be soon be legal cause I really think it's 10 times better than weed personally.

No anxiety, just pure relaxation and a good feelings.

I blazed recently, and got wrapped up in it for about two weeks. It was not worth it for me. The first three days I got really stoned and it was cool. But the smell and legal risks and shit involved makes me shy away.

I threw away at least four years of my life, because I always wanted to be "blazed" I had no regret smoking recently, but fuck me if I am going to get caught up in that lifestyle again

The thing with Cannabis is that if you have ZERO tolerance, the first time blazing is usually more overwhelming than the familiar high of getting stoned everyday or every weekend. It's very powerful.

It truly is something I can take or leave. When I was new to it at 17/18 we all smoked it day in, day out, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then I got chucked out of college.... hem hem! Turned to booze, though still had some now and then. Started on it bigtime when I discovered skunk in the early 90's (NB not MY early 90's, the year!) and was surrounded by unlimited amounts for free - I install lighting systems, 'nuff said? I quite soon just became bored of it, the thrill had worn off somehow? If someone passes me a spliff nowadays, I take it and enjoy it, but keep none 'in stock' or miss it at all. I don't hate it, quite the opposite, it's lovely stuff!

Sadly, I have seen strong, skunky stuff have rather bad effects on a few friends lately, but that doesn't put me off or make me treat it with care - the thrill just wore off, which is a shame IMHO. Maybe I should make more of an effort, I absolutely loved growing it and sharing it, the most 'sociable' drug of all I found... trouble was, I could hardly bear to kill the plants!

Between the age of 16 and 17 I loved weed, it made me feel relaxed, mystical, and gave me a wicked sense of humour. Then it just made me feel paranoid and I hated it. I gave it up. I tried smoking it again during various phases of my life and it had the same effect, ie: paranoia and depression. I could never really work out what had happened.
A year ago I purchased some hash brownies, ate them, and I experienced, for the first time in twenty years, the same relaxed, mystical effects that I'd experienced when I was 16. I realised that hash edibles is the way forward :)

It might be possible that your initial tolerance and addictive tendencies to weed are genetically defined, which is to say that if your mummy or daddy smoked a lot of pot in their youth (or still do) that you're naturally better equipped to handle large doses of THC. Like with the native americans and Japanese not being able to handle liquor well. I think in 100 years we'll see a similar pattern where generations of weed-smoking people are naturally reistant against marihuana. Thoughts?

Before you state that you hate weed, have you tried different ROA's ? I personally find smoking / inhaling smoke a very different (and for myself, unpleasant) reaction to eating when it has been baked into anything.

Idk I took a small break and I don't enjoy it anymore just made me really tired no mood uplift enjoyment of food nada

I've developed a new positive relationship with weed. I spent years avoiding it after several bad experiences. Now I frequently smoke a bowl with my boyfriend, or we eat some cookies and take a stroll through the woods, giggling.

Weed does make me very antisocial and introspective. I can only handle being alone or with someone who's also blazed and able to help me if I start feeling negative.

So, what do I like about weed? Relaxation, body high, altered perception/visuals, increased sense of humor, cravings for tasty food, heightened awareness of body. At high doses, everything just looks perfect and beautiful. Things that I would normally find unpleasant take a positive glow. It's comforting.