• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I the only one who hates weed?

At the start I felt this way but then I learned to moderate my usage by taking a single drag at at time every 15 mins or so and that helped, as did just not smoking with others. Then when I tried a 1:1 CBD:THC strain for the first time I discovered the CBD destroys any THC-induced anxiety for me. It's all part of the yin-yang relationship between THC and CBD.

^interesting stuff. So now do you tend to lean towards a cbd heavy strain now a days or did you learn coping mechanisms for the anxiety? Or does anxiety no longer occur due to longer usage?

^interesting stuff. So now do you tend to lean towards a cbd heavy strain now a days or did you learn coping mechanisms for the anxiety? Or does anxiety no longer occur due to longer usage?

First I learned to just accept the fact that weed causes social anxiety and I adapted. Then I tried the CBD rich strain and I find this much better anxiety-wise, but it comes with a downside in that it's less potent and it has more of a ceiling effect. On the flip side of the coin this is why it is better for medical use in public and the self-limiting effect makes it much harder to have a 'whitey'.

Hey jailbait I have GAD as well ( the real kind, not the benzo user that sees a psych claiming they have a disorder and eventually themselves believe it) and I would have to agree that its my major coping mechanism for life. From the time I wake up to the time I'm in my smoke area in the garage taking a nice dab or bong rip is maybe ten minutes. I have always had pretty bad anxiety and stomach issues probably resulting from stress for the majority of my adolescent and now adult life ( turn 24 march 2) and I quickly realized at 16 that cannabis relieved the stomach issues and helped with anxiety as well. Actually I think the reason I continued smoking was more so for medicinal rather than recreational purposes. One of the most interesting things I have found is that cannabis use put an OCD condition in remission, I was showing clear symptoms of OCD around 12-15 like counting while washing hands revolving around my lucky number but when I started smoking weed it went away I'd say 90> %. I went to treatment in April 2014 for alcoholism/benzodiazapine dependency and during the stay I obv was not consuming cannabis and the symptoms came back! What a trip to be almost symptom free for so long and feel the familiarity of those symptoms again. Now ten months later I'm still consuming cannabis and not drinking or using benzos and am on Prozac which has helped a lot with anxiety and I guess is effective for OCD as well. Been symptom free of OCD for a little while. Overall I believe there's a link between anxiety and OCD for sure. I don't believe my cannabis use contributed that much to my anxiety disorder as its been confirmed in my genetics. Are you on any psychiatric meds if you don't mind me asking jailbait? Sorry for one block of words I'm on a mobile device and its not letting me break it up.

JIBULT.

Not jailbait.

Jibult. You can call me jib. Jibs. Jibbs. Ji. Jibult. jibsicle. bulty bult bult, but fuckin' jailbait....? fuck, man, lol....

Prescribed Ativan and Xanax. I stay away from filling the 'scripts, though. I.... become too carefree. End up losing control of my intake.

Yeah, I'm a Xanax addict. Regarding what you mentioned about people claiming to have an issue just to get benzo's, though, it happened in reverse for me. I was having trouble in 9th grade with weed. My folks made me see a psychiatrist about me weed habit. He ran the gamut and after a few months shooting the shit and going through all these analytical tests and him just getting to know me, he hit me with GAD and said I showed major signs of two other possible disorders: Borderline Personality Disorder and/or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I called bullshit on those last two. I was 13, they made no sense. When they explained GAD to me, though, it was like somebody had been watching me the past few years and the doctor was reading back the summary of everything I was going through. I ended up being prescribed Ativan, right, but when I showed up to the pharmacy they said they were out of Ativan and either asked my parents or called the psych to see if they could replace it with another, similar drug. They obtained permission/approval and, what do you fuckin' know, I'm a 13year old kid going home with 120 bars of Xanax (that's 2mg a pop, btw, and my dosage at the time was .5 as needed). That was, uh.... the, um... yeah, that was the beginning of my Xanax addiction.

I can walk into any doctors office and get that shit right this instant, I just... don't. It makes things better in the short-term but I really, really tend to make seriously bad decisions with long-lasting consequences when I'm on that shit heavy, and I don't know any other way to be on it than heavy so, yeah....

[edit: I went through this after I posted to make sure there wasn't an actual user named 'jailbait' around here now, lol... gettin' all paranoid and stuff... :sus:]

Last edited:
Hahahaha. I saw someone say that shit in another post so I was fucking with you I know its jibult. Yeah dude I know all about gabaergic drugs. Finally "clean" I used to see a psych and was prescribed 3mg clonazepam a day but I was already in the depths of alcoholism so the result was a lot of lost time. Fuck man time flies when you are on benzos. Add booze FUCK. I used to be addicted to bars off the street while I was simultaneously addicted to dope so when I was offered benzos through therapy I made the poor decision to accept them so now I was an ex doper/bar freak who had a legal pin prescription. Thankfully all those days are past and now I primarily use more natural substances and the non natural substances I use are non addicting. Stay strong with the abstaining of benzos, IMO 13 is far to young for a substance. Way to train your brain to get used to the immediate gratification of xanax. Its so easy to feel uncomfortable, pop a bar, wait 10 mins... AHHHHHHH.

Oh, I don't abstain. I'm on some Xanax right now. I just don't trust myself with the large quantities that I get from prescriptions. Like, it got to the point where I would be writing down what I took and when on Post-its just so I could keep a running track and not severely overdose on the stuff. I grab them occasionally when they're cheap on the street. Other than that I try to stay away.

Right now I've got 1mg of alprazolam and 15mg oxycodone in my system, along with a good amount of tree but fuck if I know how much exactly.

It's a nice combo but I need to stop combining the two (for the sake of HR, because it's kind of dangerous.) It's hard to resist when you've got them both for the low, though.

....I was hoping the jailbait thing had to do with what fluffykins said. It was way too coincidental, lol.

Ehhh that's a low ass dose though so your playing it really really safe but I have the feeling maybe that's all the oxy/alpralozam you have?

Figured out the page break son. Today I'm taking a dab here and there. Got like .6-.7 of some sour diesel absolute shatter from a local delivery servy. Gotta conserve till we pick up our two week supply Friday. We'll make it ;) I also took my meds, gabapentin is one that I enjoy. Took 900mg earlier plus 20mg inderal, 100 mg seroquel. Def curbs anxiety but I've had very manageable levels of that lately.

I laughed pretty hard at your reaction to jailbait. I knew you'd be like WTF. It was perfect because I just came back from the garage taking a dab.

Nope, nope, I pick up enough to last me through the week and occasionally get something extra when a deal hits. Run out? Never that. Stash gets resupplied at least a week in advance these days.

Yeah, I'm overcautious with the pills (that's a good thing). I'm also a relatively small guy. Not out of shape (fuck, dude, I load trucks for a living) but light, 5'3, 130lbs on a real fuckin' fat day.

I can throw around packages that weigh 50lbs more than me all day every day, though, so it's not like I'm skin and bones. I'm just light so I really don't need many/much drugs to get where I want to be, and only a litttttlllllle bit more to get pretty fucked up.

Word. That's a good job to stay fit and judging by your measurements it seems that's the case. How old are you my man? And where are you located if you don't mind me being semi intrusive. If you prefer not I don't care.

I used to have a mean opioid addiction but have really chilled out the last few years. You can't get much worse off than shooting black and poppin bars while living in the woods during a Seattle winter. Now im still a daily weed smoker and I use kratom which is very manageable if used properly. Glad to still be around. Lost my boy june 23 who I used with from the beginning. Couldn't hang on till August when I went home to visit. Sticking to a more natural path since that and been getting surprisingly good results. Just gotta experiment with dosages, combos, etc.

i don't hate it, but i also do not like it.

it lost its magic for me a long time ago. i was a regular smoker for about 2 or 3 years, it stopped becoming fun most of the time after the first year.

if i get high now, i feel a pressure inside my head, my teeth feel weird sometimes, and thats about it honestly. food doesn't taste that much better, music isn't better, tv/movies are not improved much. occasionally i can crack better jokes and laugh more with my best friend (also stoned), but the cons heavily outweigh the pros for me these days.

also important to note is that in my city (in aus) we don't have strain name weed unless you are well connected, so all weed is dominantly indica. i have smoked sativa a long time ago and it was like a different drug. i'm not smoking weed until i come across some OG kush or some other sativa dank, and that could be years.

i don't hate it, but i also do not like it.

it lost its magic for me a long time ago. i was a regular smoker for about 2 or 3 years, it stopped becoming fun most of the time after the first year.

if i get high now, i feel a pressure inside my head, my teeth feel weird sometimes, and thats about it honestly. food doesn't taste that much better, music isn't better, tv/movies are not improved much. occasionally i can crack better jokes and laugh more with my best friend (also stoned), but the cons heavily outweigh the pros for me these days.

also important to note is that in my city (in aus) we don't have strain name weed unless you are well connected, so all weed is dominantly indica. i have smoked sativa a long time ago and it was like a different drug. i'm not smoking weed until i come across some OG kush or some other sativa dank, and that could be years.
Of kush is superrrrrr indica I believe and ive gotten a fuck lot of it here in WA state USA. So stoney its almost narcotic.

@jibult word. 24 here. Grew up in PA. Been to ocean city a couple times. Party town for sure my highschool went there for "senior week" every year prolly drove locals nuts.

Last edited:
Leafly doesn't know a lot of shit but itll point you in the right direction. I have had plenty sativas and generally the bud structure is nothing like of kush. I've had some phenotypes as well like Tahoe og, pink kush, Burmese kush. I've only had one batch of og kush that was stimulating. They were these popcorn buds kinda like GSC. Most of kush has denser buds that are pungent and trichrome rich. The origins of kush are afghani/Pakistan where kush originated.

At the start I felt this way but then I learned to moderate my usage by taking a single drag at at time every 15 mins or so and that helped, as did just not smoking with others. Then when I tried a 1:1 CBD:THC strain for the first time I discovered the CBD destroys any THC-induced anxiety for me. It's all part of the yin-yang relationship between THC and CBD.

Yes. Yes a million times.

I've smoked fairly regularly for the last 8 years, and not until i realized i liked heavy indicas alot more than anything else, did i notice the paranoia, anxiety, and all the other "side affects from thc almost completely disappear.

And that was the point at which i noticed how much it really helped with my anxiety and then it became an everyday all day thing.

And to be honest thats not a bad thing, yes theres pros and cons, but at the end of the day the stress and anxiety and the very real physical effects that they induce, is something that needs to be taken care of, and cannabis works great for me in that respect.

It is funny every now and then when someone can't understand my capacity for functioning when i use heavy indicas all day every day, but different strokes ya know.

Sativa is different because it´s more intense in your body instead of mind. But it´s hard to find..

^ interesting where I am from sativa seems to be a lot more prevalent then indica, which is sad because I much prefer it. I love weed daily smoker for over a decade now except for short breaks forced upon me by the court systems a few times. I don't think I will ever stop smoking even though I can admit I do sometimes experience negative side effects such as paranoia and little motivation. I tend to alienate people sometimes because I don't care to be pretend to be interested in their drama. Makes me much more of an introvert no doubt. It helps only smoking at night but on those stressful days or days where I don't have to work it is difficult to abstain.

I can relate to being dependent on pills was prescribed Ativan and Ambien then switched to xanax. After that I discovered Etizolam and now my situation has become something else entirely. Taking both makes it a little more difficult to gauge what exactly I feel from what drugs. Some days are easier to control then others but I go back and forth constantly. I hope to stop this one day. Don't think ill ever give up bud though.