• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I the only one who hates weed?

drugs_for_parents

Greenlighter
Weed is one of the only substances that I will turn down if someone offers it for free. I have tried dozens of different psychedelics (some at huge doses), lots of stimulants, and some random other things.
Of all these things only salvia fucks up my thought processes more than weed. Even LSD and kin provide a much cleaner head-space. Does anyone else hate weed? For those who love it, what do you like about it?

I go through fazes. At times I hate it, it makes me scatterbrained and paranoid/anxious and i take a LONG break. Right now I've been enjoying it though. Don't love it, it's just easier to use in moderation than other drugs.

I love weed. It completely changes my personality. For some reason I've become very irritable, stressed and passive aggressive. My friends started pointing out that once I hit the grass I'm completely different and calm and happy and fun to be around. I have no idea what has caused this but it has brought a lot of anxiety my way these days. I think I may be becoming dependant but I try not to smoke everyday. I been smoking for the last 3 years at the age of 15 and have used it for about 75-85% of those years.

It's either you're a smoker or you're not. If you don't like weed then maybe you never had a tolerance to it or you are sensitive to its effects or it turned on you.

I like weed when I'm smoking it, I don't when I'm not.

Same with people, I like stoners when I'm high, hate them when I'm not.

Love/Hate relationship.

its one of the few drugs you can do every day with minimal dependency hangover or health consequences. I wish dilaudid was as cheap and nonaddictive or that I could roll everysingle day as weed but weed is just a matter of convenience compared to more desirable highs.

I know people who really don't like herb since it makes them paranoid, unable to function socially, and they just don't like the high from it, and find it boring.

Some of them did smoke it or use it when they were younger or when it was around; but they quickly realized that they preferred other drugs, and some prefer alcohol or getting drunk to getting stoned.

I love it! I also love psychedelics but those are whole day affairs, hard to come by and difficult to hide being on them. With weed, I can smoke it and be around people, use it for pain and headaches and sleep aid. I have digestive issues and have been prescribed so many different drugs that don't work, but weed does. It's basically a cure-all to me. Everyone's different though and you should stick with what you want, as long as you stay safe and don't push the limits too far.

Maybe you're just overdoing it?
If you say that weed is more impairing than LSD, why not take it one hit at a time and see how it goes? In social situations people feel obligated to smoke more and then they get too high, freak out and blame it on weed. I'm not saying that this is the case for you, however, it's pretty common.

I know people who really don't like herb since it makes them paranoid, unable to function socially, and they just don't like the high from it, and find it boring.

Some of them did smoke it or use it when they were younger or when it was around; but they quickly realized that they preferred other drugs, and some prefer alcohol or getting drunk to getting stoned.
I'm one of those people.

The irony is, I'm high right now. But I didn't smoke the past four days. I flip flop. Never know if I should love or hate it.

Maybe you're just overdoing it?
If you say that weed is more impairing than LSD, why not take it one hit at a time and see how it goes? In social situations people feel obligated to smoke more and then they get too high, freak out and blame it on weed. I'm not saying that this is the case for you, however, it's pretty common.
The impairment is the first effect that shows up for me. One puff and I'm too dumb to hold a basic conversation. 3 puffs and I'm still too dumb to hold a conversation, but at least its quasi-enjoyable since music sounds slightly better than sober and there's a bit of a nice body high. I guess its just not for me.

It's not for everyone. Plain and simple.
as with any substance.

I had not used it much from the time I was around 18 untill a few months ago
Personally I find that it helps me retain that sense of child-like wonder of the universe. I lost that years ago and started going through a very dark depression.. Since using marijuana again, I feel like I am starting to be able to put back the broken pieces of my inner self. :)

I usually turn down weed if it's offered up. It just makes me sleepy and unable to speak. Except for a couple of times that I had a great time on it. I hear that there is a big difference between sativa and indica, so maybe I just don't like indica.

Man, I feel you so hard... If Ds werent the fucking secondary effect nightmare they are I'd be sooo happy

what do you like about it?

It's become my crutch, man. My major coping mechanism. I like how my thoughts and worries, all my stress fade away when I'm smoking tree. It temporarily calms my anxiety. It also may've helped cause my generalized anxiety disorder, making my situation kind of cyclical. Being high typically (but not always) means lowered inhibitions for me, and that essentially means I'm able to start functioning normally in regular conversations without getting irritable/anxious/nervous/angry at minor perceived provocations and, man, oh man, oh man is THAT kind of relief addicting. The drug itself? Maybe not, but I am absolutely addicted to the anxiolytic aspect of my weed highs.

Weed is one of the only substances that I will turn down if someone offers it for free. I have tried dozens of different psychedelics (some at huge doses), lots of stimulants, and some random other things.
Of all these things only salvia fucks up my thought processes more than weed. Even LSD and kin provide a much cleaner head-space. Does anyone else hate weed? For those who love it, what do you like about it?

For some reason I´m no longer into weeds anymore, although I think it´s okay to use. Maybe this is due to my opiate addiction.

I wish I could smoke it. Makes me super paranoid. When I was younger it made me feel great.

Hey jailbait I have GAD as well ( the real kind, not the benzo user that sees a psych claiming they have a disorder and eventually themselves believe it) and I would have to agree that its my major coping mechanism for life. From the time I wake up to the time I'm in my smoke area in the garage taking a nice dab or bong rip is maybe ten minutes. I have always had pretty bad anxiety and stomach issues probably resulting from stress for the majority of my adolescent and now adult life ( turn 24 march 2) and I quickly realized at 16 that cannabis relieved the stomach issues and helped with anxiety as well. Actually I think the reason I continued smoking was more so for medicinal rather than recreational purposes. One of the most interesting things I have found is that cannabis use put an OCD condition in remission, I was showing clear symptoms of OCD around 12-15 like counting while washing hands revolving around my lucky number but when I started smoking weed it went away I'd say 90> %. I went to treatment in April 2014 for alcoholism/benzodiazapine dependency and during the stay I obv was not consuming cannabis and the symptoms came back! What a trip to be almost symptom free for so long and feel the familiarity of those symptoms again. Now ten months later I'm still consuming cannabis and not drinking or using benzos and am on Prozac which has helped a lot with anxiety and I guess is effective for OCD as well. Been symptom free of OCD for a little while. Overall I believe there's a link between anxiety and OCD for sure. I don't believe my cannabis use contributed that much to my anxiety disorder as its been confirmed in my genetics. Are you on any psychiatric meds if you don't mind me asking jailbait? Sorry for one block of words I'm on a mobile device and its not letting me break it up.

I smoked for a good 17 years straight, and I would say that it increased my quality of life some of the time. Thing was I loved to smoke it like tobacco. My tolerance was destroyed and on days where I would have to wait, it sucked. I have a had serious addiction with opiates, no comparison what so ever, but it was a habit none the less. I'm glad I don't have to smoke anymore. I want to in the future, but I would like to be a take it or leave it type of guy.

I smoked for a good 17 years straight, and I would say that it increased my quality of life some of the time. Thing was I loved to smoke it like tobacco. My tolerance was destroyed and on days where I would have to wait, it sucked. I have a had serious addiction with opiates, no comparison what so ever, but it was a habit none the less. I'm glad I don't have to smoke anymore. I want to in the future, but I would like to be a take it or leave it type of guy.
I agree with what u said and agree that I have a habit. The pros outweigh thecons for myself. When I'm having gastrointestinal issues some shatter off the ti nail is a lifesaver combined with some cbd oil caps. Shabang. It would suck being med-less so I practice budgeting and self control to not run out.