• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

aliens

^^No I just saw your post in this threAd, caught a mad chill vibe from reading it and your username also gave me a certain vibe that was cool, so I read a blog post of yours, and yep, definitely a girl I would be interested in.

I pick up a lot reading people's words. Was a user over at the Tao bums forum who could read users by the colors of their avatars, their usernames, and join dates. Deep occultist and Taoist freaks haha. It rubbed off on me.

No we have not met until now, and no that was the first time I encountered the wonderful person that is you. :)

Flattered.... ;) still doesn't explain how u knew I had a "man".... Hmmmm..... Well nice to meet you... Doubt Ur location is anywhere close enough to mine for coffee tho ;)

Keep the interesting convo going!
PLEASE & thanks :)
______
( )
\ ° °/
| ¡ v ¡ |
| ¡ ¡ |
◇◇ ◇◇
____________\<<<<<<<<
||||||||||||||||||||||||\
■■■■■■■■||
■■■■■■■■/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
via my HTC Analprobe

I think it's no longer a debate of there are aliens vs there are no such thing. Let's face it--aliens ARE real and there has been enough documented evidence leaked. Let's get past that and move on with the science of discovering how to make the flying machines that defy our laws and physics as we know them at this time. This would create an entire new science and we could change the course of the world!

I'm from cassiopeia... What's it any business of anyone's anywhere? I'm just as human as anyone else... Except when I die I go back to my planet hidden in the stars. The word "alien" is offensive. We look just like everyone else. That's all I can say.

Aliens have been among you since the Reagan days....... I cry when I see the opening for roswell...

https://youtu.be/fEwW9sOdMFs

I'm not a bitch. Ask anyone. I don't cry... In fact, I laugh when people do stupid shit and I feed off of it... But that 1st part of that song... Even though I hate Dido...

Well... If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't. It really doesn't affect me at all.

*which* aliens? the greys, the reptilians or the ultraterrestrials?

greys: superficially humanoid, but with a eusocial biology. they evolved intelligence without altruism, and thus cannot transcend as humans can. thus the experiments and shit - they are literally trying to find love with a butt probe (electroejaculator).

reptiods: sentient saurians. a few of the sentient dinosaurs survive today. they've become trans-saurians, like transhumans, but with their own bizarre technology. most live in underground bunker/arks, lots in africa

ultraterrestrials - my buddies, the CCC/bodhisattvas. alien races that have transcended, or almost, hanging around to guide other races along the path with their *subtle* hints.

I'm from cassiopeia... What's it any business of anyone's anywhere? I'm just as human as anyone else... Except when I die I go back to my planet hidden in the stars. The word "alien" is offensive. We look just like everyone else. That's all I can say.

Aliens have been among you since the Reagan days....... I cry when I see the opening for roswell...

https://youtu.be/fEwW9sOdMFs

I'm not a bitch. Ask anyone. I don't cry... In fact, I laugh when people do stupid shit and I feed off of it... But that 1st part of that song... Even though I hate Dido...

Well... If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't. It really doesn't affect me at all.

Are you saying that you believe you are an extra terrestrial? I am genuinely interested how you reached such a conclusion, assuming that I am not interpreting you incorrectly.

*which* aliens? the greys, the reptilians or the ultraterrestrials?

greys: superficially humanoid, but with a eusocial biology. they evolved intelligence without altruism, and thus cannot transcend as humans can. thus the experiments and shit - they are literally trying to find love with a butt probe (electroejaculator).

reptiods: sentient saurians. a few of the sentient dinosaurs survive today. they've become trans-saurians, like transhumans, but with their own bizarre technology. most live in underground bunker/arks, lots in africa

ultraterrestrials - my buddies, the CCC/bodhisattvas. alien races that have transcended, or almost, hanging around to guide other races along the path with their *subtle* hints.

While I am not one to rule out the possibility of intelligent alien life (although I doubt we have made contact at this point), I am always intrigued when I see people making claims like this. Not only do you believe that we have made contact with aliens, you think you are familiar with multiple alien races. I am curious what kind of epistemic justifications you use to form such beliefs? As someone who has strong sympathies for philosophical skepticism, I have trouble comprehending why people think this kind of speculation should be taken as a fact.

Last edited:
While I am not one to rule out the possibility of intelligent alien life (although I doubt we have made contact at this point), I am always intrigued when I see people making claims like this. Not only do you believe that we have made contact with aliens, you think you are familiar with multiple alien races. I am curious what kind of epistemic justifications you use to form such beliefs? As someone who has strong sympathies for philosophical skepticism, I have trouble comprehending why people think this kind of speculation should be taken as a fact.

to start with - i have a post graduate education in a hard science field.

my epistemic justifications are similar to those that a possum might form upon encountering a mack truck - the MF's run all the hell over my life. i'm talking about the ultraterrestrials/bodhisattvas/coincidence control central. i didn't believe they were real, as you don't. i thought getting in contact with them would be a laugh, another shamanic vision under my casteneda belt. didn't work out that way - them bitches mean business "cosmic love teaches its lessons whether you want to learn them or not". i *know* that its impossible and insane. nevertheless, it's part of my life. "You must be willing to accept our responsibility for control of your coincidences" - means you got mojo, karma, good luck, that's the good stuff. this - "You must be able to maintain conscious/thinking/ reasoning no matter what events we arrange to happen to you. Some of these events will seem cataclysmic/catastrophic/overwhelming: remember stay aware, no matter what happens/apparently happens to you. " is a shit storm. they ain't lyin. life can go completely surreal at any moment, you just gotta ride with it. this is a lot like the tao, you have to be xian, 仙,

The true sage is a quail at rest, a little fledgling at its meal, a bird in flight who leaves no trail behind. When the world has the Way, he joins in the chorus with all other things. When the world is without the Way, he nurses his Virtue and retires in leisure. And after a thousand years, should he weary of the world, he will leave it and [上] ascend to [僊] the immortals, riding on those white clouds all the way up to the village of God - Zhuangzi

the guys at CCC filled me in one the greys, so that's second hand knowledge, but it fits. i just made up the transreptiod stuff, though many people do believe. never seen one myself, but i wouldn't be surprised.

to start with - i have a post graduate education in a hard science field.

I thought I recalled reading that you had some kind of science based degree, that is part of the reason I was interested in hearing how you came to form these beliefs. I am always surprised when I encounter people who are scientifically trained but concretely believe in a lot of stuff which they cannot verify or falsify.

my epistemic justifications are similar to those that a possum might form upon encountering a mack truck - the MF's run all the hell over my life.

This is a bad analogy. A possum that encountered a truck would have no knowledge about what it saw, other than how the truck appeared and sounded, it would have no way to meaningfully comprehend the experience. Our senses play tricks on us regularly, they are not particularly reliable. They are certainly not reliable enough to use perceived alien encounters, which I am strongly inclined to think happened whilst you were on drugs, as rational justification for believing you have knowledge about interplanetary creatures.

the guys at CCC filled me in one the greys, so that's second hand knowledge, but it fits. i just made up the transreptiod stuff, though many people do believe. never seen one myself, but i wouldn't be surprised.

It isn't clear to me what you hope to gain by making stuff up. Especially when you are mixing it in with statements about things which you actually believe in, this is not a good way to have your views taken seriously.

greys: superficially humanoid, but with a eusocial biology. they evolved intelligence without altruism, and thus cannot transcend as humans can

This left me a bit confused, but I am sure this is due to my relative lack of familiarity with Buddhism. I was under the impression that enlightenment was basically just letting go of the self, once you completely shed the ego then you lose your connection to samsara and transcend to become nothing when you die, instead of being reincarnated.

I understand that altruism is considered to be one of the main ways to help shed the ego, but based on my current understanding, I don't see why adopting a viewpoint on personal identity similar to David Hume or Derek Parfit wouldn't also suffice? Assuming it would, then a being wouldn't need to be capable of altruism to transcend, it would be something which can be achieved through purely intellectual understanding.

Last edited:
about the reptoids. see, this author that i really respect, Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa, is big on reptoids. he wrote "Indaba, My Children", which claims to be the true history of the Bantu peoples in Africa and is really a treasure of postmodern mythopoesis. basically, it's full of shit, but a zulu shaman did write it, and it's readable like ERBurroughs. i love it. this is his take on aliens:

Mutwa views the world as a mysterious and frightening place, controlled by alien forces that possess far more knowledge than – and are intellectually and technologically superior to – humanity. Some of these beings, he says, are wise, benevolent and wish to help us. But the same cannot be said of the mantindane, who are just as selfish and power-hungry as humans. They preserve humanity, he says, in order to protect their own self-interests, because they are “obsessed with self-preservation… This wish to play God over lesser beings is with us and with them. Throughout the cosmos vice is the same.”

Some of these beings, says Mutwa, have covertly and profoundly influenced all human cultures and civilisations for millennia. They have aided our evolution and helped us survive by providing us with knowledge – of science, farming, medicine and so on. “Throughout Africa we are told that these mysterious beings taught human beings many things,” writes Mutwa. “They taught human beings how to have laws, knowledge of herbal medicine, knowledge of arts and knowledge of the mysteries of creation and the cosmos as a whole.”

Some of them – the mantindane in particular – are “part of the Earth,” and should not be considered foreign. “We and the mantindane are one and the same stupid race,” says Mutwa. “Far from these creatures being aliens, they are our future descendants. I am sure of this.” Out of all the different types of alien beings that have been in contact with humanity, the mantindane are apparently the most important to Africans, who fear them greatly. Mutwa described these entities to Mack as troublesome and “parasitic,” claiming that they “instil superstition, sow discord, and may even cause disease.”

more goofy stuff here

so i just updated his stuff a bit and westernized it. reptilians are a common trope in aliens. a race of trans-saurian sapients is my way of splashing some science on it.

This is a bad analogy. A possum that encountered a truck would have no knowledge about what it saw, other than how the truck appeared and sounded, it would have no way to meaningfully comprehend the experience. Our senses play tricks on us regularly, they are not particularly reliable. They are certainly not reliable enough to use perceived alien encounters, which I am strongly inclined to think happened whilst you were on drugs, as rational justification for believing you have knowledge about interplanetary creatures.

okay, try again. it was like a minnow checking out an alluring worm in the mud - he looks at it from every direction as it spasms tastily, and finally goes for it....snapping turtle. better?
yes, i was deep in plateau sigma. that's how it works - you have to cut off your ordinary senses, so your brain is forced to 'fill in' and use other means. you cannot experience this bare brained - and frankly, how is this different from needing any other instrument to explore reality? i fully believed i'd find nothing more than my own subconscious. i was terribly naive and wrong. i looked into the abyss and the bitch moved into my apartment and ordered HBO. my friends, nondrug users, saw it happening. weird shit coming from every direction. my best friend from HS refused to let me into his computer cave because i 'emit bogons and crash computers' (true, this mojo fucks electronics). i just can't make you understand what its like when the trip follows you home. you don't believe - but right now, they are recruiting you. pulling you in - the only way for you to know for sure is to try it, right? and you flat don't believe - it couldn't possibly hurt you, just another trip. so why not? man, don't do it. please.

re: enlightenment. no, it's not like that. that is a lesser form of higher mind, which the buddha tried when he was experimenting with other gurus.

Metta. This all-embracing love is the great virtue expressed by the Buddha. Lord Buddha, for example, renounce His kingdom, family and pleasures so that He could strive to find a way to release mankind from an existence of suffering. In order to gain His Enlightenment, he had to struggle for many countless lives. A lesser being would have been disheartened, but not the Buddha-elect. It is for this He is called 'The Compassionate One'. The Buddha's boundless love extended not only to human beings but all living creatures. It was not emotional or selfish, but a love without frontiers, without discrimination. Unlike the other kinds of love, Universal love can never end in disappointment or frustration because it expects no reward. It creates more happiness and satisfaction. One who cultivates universal love will also cultivate sympathetic joy and equanimity and he will then have attained to the sublime state.

I am familiar with Credo Mutwa, a number of years ago, someone I used to be friends with roped me in to watching a David Icke film about reptilian aliens which featured interviews with Credo Mutwa quite heavily. If you acknowledge that it is bullshit, I am not sure why you brought it up in a forum that is centered around peoples beliefs.

I don't think your analogy of somehow taking a cold, predatory look at a being superior in understanding to yourself works any better than the last, in the context of the claims you are making. I actually think your last analogy was perfect, I just derive a very different conclusion from it than you do.

yes, i was deep in plateau sigma. that's how it works - you have to cut off your ordinary senses, so your brain is forced to 'fill in' and use other means. you cannot experience this bare brained - and frankly, how is this different from needing any other instrument to explore reality?

It is almost concerning to have to explain this to somebody who (presumably) has a much greater understanding of science than I am likely to acquire.

Lack of objectivity is the main reason. Scientifically, instruments are used to get a more precise understanding of reality/nature. Altering your perception is not scientific, it is deeply susceptible to bias, and the precision that might be derived from such experience is virtually impossible to define in a scientific, empirical or rationally epistemic manner. There is no specific way in which it can reasonably be claimed that intoxication from a drug can enhance your understanding of true perception or objective facts.

I am not exactly a Descartes nut hugger, but I think that a rational person would be more likely to conclude that being under the influence of psychedelic and/or dissociative drugs was much more analogous to his evil demon than it is to empirical or scientific truth.

At the end of the day, we are all entitled to believe whatever we want. As I said before, I just find it very surprising when people who are trained scientifically take (let alone claim) their phenomenological experiences to be empirical facts.

Last edited:
wow. you just. wow.

objectivity? tell that to the double slit experiment. what you call 'objective reality' is an illusion that exists nowhere but in your mind. it's comforting and very useful, but it's wrong. and no, i'm not a subjectivist, that's nonsense and useless. until you actually grasp the nondual nature of reality and your place in it, your observations about the world around you are a noose, not a revelation.

science is a system of thought that allows us to order and work with the gross reality around us very effectively. that's all. the scientific method is the best thing since peanut butter, but it's not the answer to life, the universe and everything. i'm almost compulsively empirical - i test *everything*. but i know better than to expect to be able to do that with metaphysics and deep philosophy.

see, my religion, buddhism, and its view on the nature of reality (nondualism) exactly maps with modern quantum physics. all that weird and spooky shit that comes up is natural to us - we've known it for 2500 years. we see that an instance of reality requires a subject, whose true nature can never be fully known, and an observer. the object and the image of it in your mind are not the same, but they are not separate, because that's all you can ever know of that thing. they are non-dual. part of the eightfold path of buddhism is keeping this in mind at all times, it's Right Mindfulness: The mind is deliberately kept at the level of bare attention, a detached observation of what is happening within us and around us in the present moment. In the practice of right mindfulness the mind is trained to remain in the present, open, quiet, and alert, contemplating the present event. All judgments and interpretations have to be suspended, or if they occur, just registered and dropped.

besides, i follow lewis Carroll - i try to believe two impossible things every day before breakfast. i doubt any of this is going anywhere, but take this advice, given to me by Dreaming Jaguar (my avatar), my spirit guide: You can rationalize anything. That's what its for - slapping some words on a phenomenon so you don't have to worry about it. Sometimes rationalizing is accurate, sometimes its an emotional crutch for people who can admit that there are things that are unknown or unknowable. But remember this - just because you can rationalize anything doesn't mean that irrational things never happen.

i don't compulsively force logical explanation on everything i encounter. i know there are things i don't understand, and i'm good with that. i can work with it. 'unknowable' is a logical value, just as valid as 'true' and 'false'. that is a scientific way of looking at the world. what you do is religion, and i don't hold with that.

objectivity? tell that to the double slit experiment. what you call 'objective reality' is an illusion that exists nowhere but in your mind. it's comforting and very useful, but it's wrong. and no, i'm not a subjectivist, that's nonsense and useless. until you actually grasp the nondual nature of reality and your place in it, your observations about the world around you are a noose, not a revelation.

You seem to have missed the part where I said I have strong sympathies for philosophical skepticism. What you are saying reinforces my argument, not your belief in aliens. My whole point was that it is questionable whether human perception can be relied on as an epistemic justification for belief in many things, a fortiori when said perception has been dramatically altered through the use of dissociative drugs.

science is a system of thought that allows us to order and work with the gross reality around us very effectively. that's all. the scientific method is the best thing since peanut butter, but it's not the answer to life, the universe and everything. i'm almost compulsively empirical - i test *everything*. but i know better than to expect to be able to do that with metaphysics and deep philosophy.

I agree with your views on science. It doesn't surprise me when scientists have opinions on things which can't be empirically tested, but it does surprise me when I encounter scientifically trained people who don't adopt a more rational approach to philosophy than believing drug induced anecdotal experiences amount to anything which could reasonably be described as evidence for something.

i don't compulsively force logical explanation on everything i encounter. i know there are things i don't understand, and i'm good with that. i can work with it. 'unknowable' is a logical value, just as valid as 'true' and 'false'. that is a scientific way of looking at the world. what you do is religion, and i don't hold with that.

I don't do this either, however, when one is talking about their metaphysical beliefs, this is something which I believe should be considered in a logical manner. I don't need to understand how everything works, but I need to find good reasons for the significant things I believe in. Without those I would just be following intuition blindly, and I don't think that leads to anything productive or insightful.

At the end of the day, everyone makes their own decisions about what counts as sufficient evidence for believing in something. My point is simply that any objective person would say encountering aliens whilst on drugs is poor evidence (at best) for believing that aliens exist.

By the way, I appreciate you clarifying the role that altruism plays in Buddhist enlightenment, I meant to say that in my last post.

Last edited:
We need to get past the aliens vs no aliens debate and already accept that they ARE there and DO exisit, and move on and start building the technology like they have. In my mind, and everyone I know, it's commonly accepted that there's no doubt they exist. Too much modern and historical evidence.

You seem to have missed the part where I said I have strong sympathies for philosophical skepticism. What you are saying reinforces my argument, not your belief in aliens. My whole point was that it is questionable whether human perception can be relied on as an epistemic justification for belief in many things, a fortiori when said perception has been dramatically altered through the use of dissociative drugs.

I agree with your views on science. It doesn't surprise me when scientists have opinions on things which can't be empirically tested, but it does surprise me when I encounter scientifically trained people who don't adopt a more rational approach to philosophy than believing drug induced anecdotal experiences amount to anything which could reasonably be described as evidence for something.

you're on a forum devoted to drugee headcases, looking for verifiable and quantifiable proof of ETI and you dismiss any data gathered by those who are intoxicated? dude, go fish. you can't see radio waves without a telescope - you must alter your perceptions to include that data. do you know how radio telescopes work? good for you. we have NO IDEA how our brains work. how is the idea that altered states of mind are necessary to perceive high dimensions (and such) scientific invalid? psychology is a science - they muddle through.

understand where you are: you are NOT a scientist in a lab running statistical analyses on hundreds of double blind experiments. you are darwin, fresh off the boat, overwhelmed with data trying desperately to find a pattern so that you can begin constructing hypotheses. should darwin have given up because his p values weren't significant?

also, do you get that this is a day to day thing for me? not some vision i had on plateau sigma, but something i've come to rely on to make my life work? i *know* i can't take it in a lab and test it YET. but it would also be irrational for me to deny the shit that goes on as a result of this contact. who was it that said 'save mankind from a god that works?' i have to capture as much data about the phenomenon as possible, by whatever means i can.

in any if you want proof, follow the guide for plateau sigma in the DXM FAQ:

Combining suggestions from others I have come up with the following dosage regimen. Start relatively early in the day (the experience degrades if one is too fatigued), at about 6 to 10 hours after awakening. It helps tremendously if one is in good physical shape and not under emotional stress. Take a low second plateau dose. In three hours (or about 1 hour after the peak), take a second low plateau dose. At three more hours (or, again, 1 hour after second peak) take a high second plateau or low third plateau dose. After coming down from the third plateau, instead of going back to the second plateau and down to baseline, you may be left in Plateau Sigma. Drugs which inhibit cytochrome P450-2D6 seem to enhance the duration and intensity of the experience. Nicotine is reported to inhibit it, and may even prevent it entirely.

At Plateau Sigma interesting things happen to reality. Some have reported vivid, entirely realistic contacts with alien entities, spirits, gods and goddesses. Unlike the fourth plateau, these contacts often take place with eyes open, immersed in everyday reality. Although none of the people who reported these experiences to me had bad trips, most related that the experiences were so real that they felt they easily could have.

once in that state of mind, take the Bodhisattva Vow and mean it:

Sentient beings are numberless; I vow to save them all.
Desires are inexhaustible; I vow to put an end to them.
The dharmas are boundless; I vow to master them.
The Buddha’s Way is unsurpassable; I vow to attain it

then come down, recover, and with a clear head, see if there's any difference

KIDS DO NO TRY THIS AT HOME

I've noticed a lot more people I meet/get to know
believe in extraterrestrials. I can definitely see why someone would be persuaded that they do exist and created life as we know it.
IMO it's basically absurd to think that the mindboggling complexity we see in life was a product of (and subsequently driven by) extremely improbable random accidents. Couple that with the contrary and overwhelming LACK of evidence of what the current modern synthesis paradigm ultimately postulates, and intelligent intervention of some form is the only logical answer. A simple portion of deductive reasoning, topped with a little inference to the best explanation, and seasoned with a bit of Occam's razor; brings you squarely to design/engineering.
You're still left running around the track of infinite regress in respect, but at least your running in the right direction.☺
"Our DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than an software ever created."
Nice observation- Mr. Gates!
A highly complex 4-bit code that is undoubtedly comprised of recognizable linguistic properties (ie morphology, grammar, syntax, semanatics, punctuation ) and complex algorithms ...screams programmer.

If I didn't know God,
I would no doubt be searching for aliens?☺

Last edited:
We need to get past the aliens vs no aliens debate and already accept that they ARE there and DO exisit, and move on and start building the technology like they have. In my mind, and everyone I know, it's commonly accepted that there's no doubt they exist. Too much modern and historical evidence.

I would hardly say it's commonly accepted as fact. I truly want to believe they exist, however, I certainly can't say with any degree of certainty that they do. Maybe there are people who can but there possibility is certainly there that it's an idea spread like an urban legend is spread. The idea is totally logical to have... I believe that for sure there exists other life in the universe and that statistically speaking, there almost surely must be other intelligent life more and less advanced than we are. The sheer size of the universe and the recent discoveries that most other stars have planetary systems makes it, in my mind, a sure thing. However, whether any have made it to us depends largely on whether it's possible for anything to travel non-physically (ie, faster than the speed of light) because the distances required even for light to travel are prohibitive to say the least. I WANT to believe other species from elsewhere in the universe have made it here because that would mean it's possible, and I want it to be possible because I want to be able to see other inhabited worlds and other parts of the universe as more than ancient light faintly reaching our instruments.

But I'm always wary of people making claims as if they are fact about the nature of extraterrestrials... like "there are these types, these ones are like this, those are like that", etc. How could you possibly know that? If you have met and communicated with one, or been part of some secret research personally, then okay, you might be qualified to make those claims. But getting that information secondhand (or thirdhand, fourthhand, and so on) from the Internet, or someone else, or "coincidence control", or whatever, is simply deciding to believe a claim someone else made. There is no basis for you to be able to be sure that way.

I agree that a lot of the stuff and the stories you hear are compelling. I am certainly not saying that extraterrestrial species have not visited Earth. I had a very weird experience I can't explain one time myself. I'm just saying that we don't really know. At least the vast majority of us.