Alcoholism Thread v. A sober life is a good life <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for advice, i spoke to my mum and ive agreed 4 beers tonight, should bve enough to get rid of wds for a bit and get some sleep, then gonna have to start lowering amount.

in alot of pain right now, skin crawling is the worst, like RLS but all over body, gonna go play ps3 and try and wait it out, no way anyone is gonna help me, health services in UK are BULLSHIT for stufff like this.

Last edited:
I recently decided I might be developing a drinking problem..Last summer after a breakup, I started going out drinking about 6 nights a week and my tolerance went from about 4 beers to over a 12 pack in 3 months. I slowed down a lot this past winter but now every time I drink, I black out completely. I usually drink vodka tonics now, and when I get through the 2nd one, I'm ready to get fucked up and I will continuously pound shots and mixed drinks until I'm beligerant. I keep noticing gradual changes whenever I drink such as nausea, bad moods, black outs, or just passing out from nowhere. The next day I get extremely shaky and nauseous all day.
I like to go out and I want to be able to go out and have a couple of drinks and STOP it at a couple.

Any thoughts or solutions? I'd love some feedback!

last night drank 4 beers, had a horrible night with sweats, chills, minor halluinations after the booze wears off (this is odd, my drug/alcohol worker said that most people with a drink dependancy get WDs after about 12-24 hours, i get it like with GBL, when the booze wears off or as soon as i wake up) but today after an hours sleep this morning i dont feel too bad,still very anxious, just about to have a hot bath, might get some excerise, hopefully wear myself out for tonight, then be feeling even better tommorow.

^Great to hear yur starting to feel better m8. Its a bastard. I've always had all that shit from my benzo withdrawals from time to time, but yeah my parents understanding the whole needing to taper or possibly die thing? no

thnks mate, as its the evening now its starting to feel a bit worse although i am tired, my fucking chest and head are caining though, bit worried on the chest part, hope tonight isnt as rough as last night.

wtf had a lie down, took a few valerian, (didnt sleep) now 2 hours later ive got the sweats and chills again and anxiety is worse. Always seems to happen at night (nearly 7pm now here)

edit: and really trying to come up reasons to justify buying some beers.

edit: i honest to god feel like my nervous system is about to explode.

Last edited:
Bignbrown, I've been in your situation many times. The withdrawals are terrible. Lately what I've been doing is making sure that I'm stocked on liquor (this might be a bit too much temptation), just in case, and I'll maybe have a beer or a couple shots and then go do something else. Like right now, I've got some vodka upstairs. Had a few shots earlier, and now I'm on these forums staying busy with something else. I'm reducing my intake by giving myself shit to do. It's just a matter of tapering. If you're down to 2 or 3 more beers, you need to do your best to save them when you really need it. Save them for when the withdrawals really kick in. It's a matter of not getting drunk at all anymore, and just getting by.

thanks for that, ive finally stopped feeling the very bad withdrawals and feeling a bit of normality, i managed to time drinking and then a heavy benzo weekend just right to make me withdraw full on for a week (think some of it was a rebound from taking 30mg xanax over the weekend), got my first good nights sleep last night, gonna stay sober now for a long time, as i really want my anxiety to clear up and all gaba related drugs make it worse weeks after taking.

Well my drinking has been cut down next to nothing all of a sudden. I was drinking quite heavily a month or so back, then all of a sudden, I took a 2 week break, then had a drink then another week break and another. I was in a good mindful place for the whole week until I drank last night and then woke up today feeling depressed.

I have long suffered from depression but only now am aware how bad I really made my situation by continuously drinking. I am recording how long since the drink things haven't been feeling right. Next time the drink is on offer, I am going to remind myself of which one I prefer. Drinking joy for 2 - 4 hours and 3 days straight of crap or carrying on and maybe treating myself to a good dinner or something.

I also cutted about 80-90% of alc drinking amount, noticed it's not worth. Summer makes to drink a lot, internet can save lives in a certain way, much better than companion trying to decrease taking amount.

Most cases recognise the safety point of intoxication instead of euphoriantism and find the trapping quality of alc. The hooking up is alot psychological.

^^Hey bignbrown, hope you're doing better champ. Look after yurself m8 <3

I am now forcing myself to bed. After 180mg diazepam and a heap of lines of sub, i've been easily able to drink alot of beer and wine for the past 12 hours and really aren't tired, but, no more!!

Night, flf

got a bit drunk last night, woke up after 4 hours feeling like shit, no chance of any more sleep, got 2 cans left, waiting for my mum to go to work before drinking them and trying to get a few more hours sleep,ffs.

I know for sure I drink too much every night now. My dad always tells me to cut down lately. Have a splitting headache from a shitload of beer, along with diazepam, temazapam, and bupe. But of couse am still drinking more right now cos my life is nothing and "I am" a complete fuckup. Eventhough I had a psychiiatrist session today. Nothing ever seems to make a difference.

Being drunk doesn't feel the same anymore. It feels normal now. I mostly feel like it's pointless to even drink anymore, until I've been sober all day and I automatically need to go out and buy myself a bottle. But it's never as enjoyable as it used to be.

Autumnal Equinox!

As usual, after getting clean I've started drinking again.
Can't sleep whether I drink or not, and I seem to be starving to death, so at least I'm slightly calming my mania at night and ingesting a few calories :\

Planning on drinking through the weekend and then stopping abruptly (likely for 2 days or weeks as usual), though I can't really see past the end of the month.

I turn another year on my life/death calendar in October (depressing), and soon we'll have more darkness than daylight, which always causes me more introspection (the last thing an under-challenged manic-depressive needs!)

Logically, I still prefer to be suicidal and sober, but tell that to my impulsive beer-buying.

Logically, I still prefer to be suicidal and sober, but tell that to my impulsive beer-buying.

It's weird, isn't it? How often we come across that revelation of how wonderful it would be to just remain sober and pick up where we left off in life, yet some ridiculous instinct practically buys that alcohol for us. Of course, we know it's basically our own fault.

I bought a bigass bottle of vodka a few hours ago. Some cheapass Burnett's. I've got this plan to "quit soon," and it's been there for a whole. I'll quit drinking "just as soon as I'm done with this bottle." Then I go buy the next bottle, and of course THAT'S the bottle that I'll stop drinking after. I realize all this, I'm here typing it out, and yet I'm about to pour another shot ...

... There we go. Anyway, I've almost come to accept the alcoholic lifestyle. I wonder if I'm better off just living with it. I sometimes feel like I just have the mindstate that ought to be numbed with some kind of substance. If I could afford it, I'd just be popping OC's all day, but around here they go for $35 for 40mg. Fuckin absurd.

I just hate that I've ruined the opportunity to live a life in which I'm able to have that 1 or 2 glasses of champagne at my wedding, or that 1 beer at dinner ... and then feel satisfied. Maybe I'm just brainwashed by that AA idealogy. Or maybe it's absolutely true, that now that I'm an alcoholic, I'll never stop at 1 or 2 drinks again.

i couldnt imagine drinking again, definitely not a beer or two, i know it would make me feel gross, and that only drinking more will make that feeling go. i feel my physical condition makes it easier to not drink(it would be disastrous), but i know if i was buying an IPA & a rum, that it would only be because, i could then say to myself and anyone else that i already had that, so might aswell go all out - what's 10-15 more?

Being drunk doesn't feel the same anymore. It feels normal now. I mostly feel like it's pointless to even drink anymore, until I've been sober all day and I automatically need to go out and buy myself a bottle. But it's never as enjoyable as it used to be.

Yeah I feel the same m8. I drink beer/red wine every night, and like everything else, I just build up a rediculous tollerance. I do a majority of my drinking at night alone, but some days start early in the afternoon. Like i've been drinking for about 6 hours right now and must have had around 2 stubbies of beer every hour (half a slab), and I barely feel drunk at all, and even if I really am not enjoying drinking, I still do it anyway. The last thing I can remember from last night was my head hitting my keyboard after being out for hours drinking, but thats about all I remember in the end. Anyway, off to have a glass of red. Why not? 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.