Alcoholism Thread v. A sober life is a good life <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
went 10 days without drinking. but after those 10 days i started to have a beer here and there, but only in the company of friends.

I have been able to keep it under 4 beers and not drink myself into a stupor the next day.

weed helps alot, it makes me too lazy to go to the store to get more drink.

wish i could do that, chompy! i can drink for beers for a day or two, then it's 6, 8, and in a couple of weeks, i'm having beer for breakfast again.

day 11 was a beautiful day, but it sucked for craving. i associate sunny days and playing outside with drinking beer. (who am i kidding -- i associate EVERY day with drinking beer.) then my man bought a bottle of Sublimely Self-Righteous ale. it's a new (to me, anyway) Stone Brewery beer, of which i'm a huge fan. i caved for two swallows. not enough to feel, but enough to taste. it was sooo good! dark and extra hopped -- mmmmmmmm! i wanted more. i had a vape, instead.

c minus.

Day 6 - have no intentions to drink after I got busted drinking in the park late at night when I was meant to be at uni by my brother. I'm 25 and it's kind of a joke but I admit I have alcohol addiction problems.

Any how am getting back on track to correct myself, am exercising more and am more out and about then being in my own comfort zone. However a problem does exist, I can't seem to get any motivation for uni and now when I read it's like as if I almost can't. Only a few weeks back I was reading a shit load and now have issues in doing this. It happened ever since I got busted last week and now I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions? Also it feels like as if my brain reset itself after that incident.

I think I'll give the Jesus Juice a rest ..... Last Sunday was a wake up call.

I'll see if I can go until Friday.

Those are big words ....

^^ Chompy & Voxmystic
Wish I could go 1 or 2 nights without a drink. I don't and never have classed myself as an alcoholic, and if I was I beleive I would since I am an addict. But for years have drank every single night, even if some nights its only 2 beers or a beer and a wine, it has always been every night, so I know there is a problem, but pft dunno. Getting drunk alone again right now. For me I reckon its partly cos i hate myself too much to care, and anytime i've ever got drunk and/or fucked up, I beleive I deserve it.

By the grace of G-d, I am sober 64 days. If it wasn't for AA, I would NEVER have been able to do it. I tried to do it on my own and had no success. I know a lot of people knock AA, but for me, it saved my life. Thank G-d for the program.

Since last weeks drinking efforts and now being sober 7 days, I have been feeling rather different. I don't want to drink any more but I do want my old abilities back. More or less I find myself sometimes just starring at the screen sometimes and this has also been happening when reading the newspapers etc. Am thinking it could be eye related or me just undergoing some drastic changes within myself. Has anyone else ever experienced this? And is this possibly a brain zap?

fivelinefury -- hey, friend, we all cope however we can. it doesn't make you bad. hope you're feeling better about it all today. hugs <3

noonoo -- i haven't had any focusing/concentration issues that i didn't already have before. a mild stimulant might help. caffeine or ephedra. or see a doc about a scrip for adderall or something.

yesterday was my worst day to date. no craving issues, but for some reason, my man got his briefs in a twist and said i was being "one of those people who quits drinking and gets self-righteous". ????!! i never said anything about anyone else's drinking, and i told him so. he says that since i quit drinking i've suddenly got a bunch of new rules. because i object to being exposed to his cigarette smoke. i wish he wouldn't smoke at all, but if he must, he could at least be considerate enough not to make me have to breathe his stankin', unhealthy smoke. i don't even ask him to go outside. he can smoke in the bathroom. all i ask is that he opens the window, so if i, or our little girl, needs to use the toilet, we can do so without sitting in a cloud of cancer. and lighting up in the truck with non-smokers, especially a child, is criminal in some places, as it should be. even if it's not illegal, it's inconsiderate and wrong. and i don't feel any different about it now than i did before i quit drinking, so i don't know why he's attacking my efforts toward sobriety. it's entirely unrelated. and it's a helluva lot more self-righteous for him to blow smoke in my face than it is for me to object to it. grrr!

/rant

Last edited:
noonoo. i'd give it a couple more weeks, see if your brain settles down.

four weeks for me. woot

I wouldn't say I'm an Alcoholic, though I do happen to love my beer. In Canada, I'd binge drink 4 times or so a week. Recently, I've spent the past month in Australia, and though I find I'm drinking less each night, I am drinking every night I'm not really sure what's better, drinking 2-6 beers a night or drinking 10+ for 4 nights, then not drinking the rest of the week, but I have found my insomnia is in check. That could be due to the fact that I quit smoking weed on a daily basis, and am now only smoking once a week. Nonetheless, I feel happy and good, and have been excercising a lot, so there's no complaints here.

I went to get some beer for the weekend thisarvo and saw there was 2 5ltr wine casks for $22 so of course I got 2 of them too. I felt a bit ashamed and embarresed since my drinking has gone back up lately, walking into the house in front of my mum with 20 litres of piss. I have 4 different wine casks atm, and on one now 8)

^^
Drinking less while in Australia doesn't sound right ;)

Haha, I know what you mean, but I've been under parental supervision :p I'm living with my dad while I'm in Australia (I'm here until the 25th) as I obviously don't have a house here, and he has a home-brew for under a dollar a pint and he seems to restrict my intake while I'm here, considering I'm paying nothing, which, on the whole, I guess is a good thing.

Last edited:
^^
Ah yeah, cool mate. I'm pretty much just speaking for myself right now, as opposed to Aust. ha

I was surprised i had done bills but now it's have to quit the mothly beer and booze circle, it's about 9th this year, on and on, month after month. I started to decide to stay on myself and try other hobbies too like internet drugs and stay on my own, it's exactly that some get completely exhausted from boozing but medicines at home is much nicer than any possible places to hang like different type hospitals and/or friends to try hang on. It's funny to read from people from outbroads, you people are different than northerns.

I posted a thread back awhile about my alcoholism when I was in a really dark place. I was drinking at least a pint but usually upwards of a fifth of vodka a day. I now have 13 days of complete sobriety. What's helped me markedly is gabapentin, it has been a real miracle drug. My anxiety has largely diminished, and though I still get cravings I feel like my mind is able to more effectively deal with those cravings. I know a lot of people don't like AA, but I've also found that going to meetings everyday helps a lot too. And I'm also sure I wouldn't be able to do it without my trust pall mall cigarettes!

^^
Good on ya PallMall, thats awesome. I too suffer from extreme anxiety, even being on antidepressants and 15mg diazepam daily I have found it hard to leave the house most of the time for months now. I have gone back to drinking too much every night lately too. Have never tried Gabapentin though

I posted a thread back awhile about my alcoholism when I was in a really dark place. I was drinking at least a pint but usually upwards of a fifth of vodka a day. I now have 13 days of complete sobriety. What's helped me markedly is gabapentin, it has been a real miracle drug. My anxiety has largely diminished, and though I still get cravings I feel like my mind is able to more effectively deal with those cravings. I know a lot of people don't like AA, but I've also found that going to meetings everyday helps a lot too. And I'm also sure I wouldn't be able to do it without my trust pall mall cigarettes!

It's deadly shit, did you know? Counceillings now damn!

just as predicted, in only 4 days, i went from just 2 or 3 a day to 10+. it's bloody insidious. and not even much fun. i quit, dammit! (again.)

i ordered some 5-htp for mood support, and some kava, too, for the same reason. hopefully they can help me stay away from the drink. i guess with the kava, it's trading one substance for another, but at least kava is clear-headed and non-addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.