• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Alcohol withdrawal and Ativan

Month of April I drank the 1st, 8th, 13, and the 14th. I don’t plan on drinking this week. I am trying! I don’t want to connect days, which I did, I need to go longer between sessions, Hopefully months Or abstain completely!
My doctor signed off on the ketamine, I need to link up with another doctor and wait for Insurance to approve. Could take a month.
blood pressure a little high 140-148/ 78-84 range. Going for a ct scan on organs, definitely worried about that And blood work. I’ll probably wait a month, because I want to abstain for longer before I get my results. Just hope some of my issues can be reversed.

all- in- all not a horrible start to the month, better than the first three months but not as good as the last 2 1/2 -three months of last year, I didnt drink at all!
no other drugs! Just the poison I have to deal with.
one day at a time
Good luck man, ur definitely headed in the right direction 👍🏻

Well, it’s been 72 hours from last drink, heading into day four. I have been a alcoholic for 20 years. I was sober for 2 months up till Christmas Eve and have been drunk almost every day Since. I usually drink a minimum of 6-8 beers, 9% alcohol, from 4pm to 8pm, more on the weekends. I recently in life, have added Ativan into the mix to recover from my drinking. It works great lowering my blood pressure, reducing the hallucinations and the rebound anxiety That comes from the withdrawaI. I am starting to think I am relying on Ativan too much on days I don’t drink, usually .5 mg when I know I will be drinking again soon.
so, day 1 no alcohol I took a total, of 1.75mg , second day was rough especially at night with the Vivid thoughts, anxiety, shadow people ( I love the shadow people 🧟‍♀️) and my worst symptom high blood pressure at 170/95 so I dosed 2.25mg total (1.75mg at night), my blood pressure reduces to 140/85, pulse is good at 72, oxygen is high, i get 5 hours of sleep, wake up and go to work. So, day three no Ativan so far! Great. I know I’ll dose .5 maybe 1mg tonight to help sleep. I realize I still have it in my system but so far so good.
I guess, my question is should I worry about benzo withdrawal after I remove all alcohol withdrawal in the next couple of days?
never been addicted to benZos and since January 1, I’ve taken them maybe 20 times usually at .5mg daily but sometimes 4-5 days at 2mg. Always with some breaks of heavy drinking In between.
I am serious about staying sober, getting healthy again and not going down a benzodiazepine road. If I use 2 more days at 1mg should I just jump or should I taper? Any worries? I guess I will see.

i needed to write this because I fucking love the knowledge on hear thanks
When I've had to go to a medical detox for alcohol, they usually give me 2mg of Ativan like every 4hrs sometimes 3mg or IM/IV injection of Ativan when it gets real bad.So yea you could use the Ativan to completely get off booze and then taper off the Ativan, this is what medical detoxes do...Also you are blessed to have your own Ativan, and 0.5.mg is a very low dose if you ever tried to completely Gove up alcohol you would need a couple mg.

No tremors, minor headaches, I will see how I sleep tonight with the lower Ativan dose. I usually always get insomnia when I quit drinking And am in new waters with the benzos. my old routine of essential oils and therapeutic music usually helps by day 6-7 of no alcohol.

yeah, if I can keep the dose to two .125 the next few days I feel like I should be good.. if anything, I might add a couple extra days of the Ativan and jump off Friday so I can deal with two shitty days of insomnia Before the new work week but that could just make shit worse?

thanks for checking in
.125 does absolutely nothing. It's just placebo at this point

quick update, I finished out the month sober and have been for almost 8 days. I feel good, losing weight and don’t need any ketamine trials or a ssri. I been active physically and mentally. me feeling like shit coincides with my alcohol take. Can’t wait to get more days under my belt.

the month of April was up and down I drank 11 days in the month. I feel my best way forward is abstinence.
I know it’s early in my journey but I want this and I am feeling confident.
thanks 🙏 and support

anyone else struggling out there with this poison, I would just keep trying to quit. Don’t know what way works best but knowing we need to quit is a start.

Please do not attempt this on your own, do it with the supervision of a doctor or go to a hospital or in patient rehab. Stay safe.

Please do not attempt this on your own, do it with the supervision of a doctor or go to a hospital or in patient rehab. Stay safe.
Withdrawal isn't really the issue. I can do withdrawal {1~4 days} easily. its staying sober long term that's a problem. Ultimately it comes down to self will. No 30- 90 rehab is gonna help after those days are up. Yeah it helps when your there but it's about the post hospital stay or rehab that is toughest.

I appreciate the response but I don't think you really read any of my other posts.
Everybody's situation is different.

Withdrawal isn't really the issue. I can do withdrawal {1~4 days} easily. its staying sober long term that's a problem. Ultimately it comes down to self will. No 30- 90 rehab is gonna help after those days are up. Yeah it helps when your there but it's about the post hospital stay or rehab that is toughest.

I appreciate the response but I don't think you really read any of my other posts.
Alcohol detox along w barbiturates can be dangerous or even fatal, but I see what you're saying about struggling staying sober not getting sober

Man......those first 2 sentences are spot on. It's all well and good when we are supervised but when we are left to our own devices it ain't so easy. I have managed to stay clean for 2 years plus but only because it took 40 years to get here. I just couldn't maintain the lifestyle anymore. It was just too debilitating. Always broke, always wanting more, always having family pissed at me, always going without stuff I needed because I spent it on pills, always anxious.

Finally had to say fuck all that happy horseshit but it took getting old to say that. Do it while you're young !!

Withdrawal isn't really the issue. I can do withdrawal {1~4 days} easily. its staying sober long term that's a problem....
So true.
In AA, they talk about the "insanity" of alcoholism. For a long time I thought that meant the crazy shit we do when drunk.
No, not at all. It's the insanity of a person being 30 days or 30 months or 30 years sober and picking up a drink while knowing that it will lead to disaster...and doing it anyway.
How well I know that irrational behavior!
That was me for decades.

have you ever tried tianeptine? there are reports that stopping it is like stopping both H and benzos. I definitely feel suicidal when i do stop it. But i do take benzos still, so i cannot completely compare. And I havent taken H in a long ass time because of fear of the damn fucking fentanyl now. How do you keep buying H knowing of the fentanyl crisis? Thats why i switched to tianeptine. If people selling H were legit and not some assholes trying to kill you with fentanyl, i might go back i think,

edit: I just saw you are in UK. Tianeptine is ILLEGAL there lol
and also, fentanyl is hardly transported there unlike the US. wow
well, thats good for you actually!
Hey. I might check that out. I have just checked the UK laws and it is illegal to produce,supply or import.

But no mention of possession laws. ;)

Kind of like how Steroids are here. You can own and use them. Police are not even legally allowed to confiscate them. But like I say to produce, sell or import might get you arrested. So I just need to find some now but to be honest the legalities of drug possession here has never bothered me much (except the fact they confiscate my drugs lol)
So yeah thanks :)

;)

I had not read the entire thread before replying. I wrote my original reply mainly for other people who are struggling with alcohol and/or benzo addiction and who think it is fine to just stop suddenly.

After a long period of daily drinking I quit drinking alcohol daily based on some guide someone had posted here on bluelight. I slowly cut back and I should have told the doctor I was seeing that I was doing this but she became super angry and concerned when I told her that having 12 or more drinks when at a bar, party, or whereever was no big deal. I was apparently super lucky I did not get withdrawal symptoms from alcohol but everyone is different.

Last edited:
i have an update too. i went on a 3 day heavy binge of vodka beers and saltzers plus kratom putting me into complete submission and i think i have jaundice now. i noticed yellowing of my eyes. SO i stopped the kratom, and alcohol for 2 days almost and today im back on light beer only because i cannot sleep and its 100 degrees here and i need my liquids, BUT i drank water ALL DAMN DAY and i hate water!!! so my choice to drink juice at night then, BUT thats dumb as it contains sugars. so... i had to go back to beer, light, at least.... :/

i have an update too. i went on a 3 day heavy binge of vodka beers and saltzers plus kratom putting me into complete submission and i think i have jaundice now. i noticed yellowing of my eyes. SO i stopped the kratom, and alcohol for 2 days almost and today im back on light beer only because i cannot sleep and its 100 degrees here and i need my liquids, BUT i drank water ALL DAMN DAY and i hate water!!! so my choice to drink juice at night then, BUT thats dumb as it contains sugars. so... i had to go back to beer, light, at least.... :/
keep working

So, I’ve been sober for almost 10 days. I realize I can’t be half in half out. It’s all or nothing for this alcoholic. I been doing acupuncture which has worked great! I really do believe in traditional Chinese medicine TCM. I was giving some other herbal products and some of my issues are slowly getting better. I realize there is no point of spending 75$ a week on this service if I am gonna drink.
I finally understand the importance of not drinking and my health. I believe I had an issue with my pancreas recently. That’s really scary when your body starts to do or not do shit your used to it doing. I’ve abused the shit out of my organs and I just hope there is time to heal.

to all who are struggling, don’t stop trying. I am with you and many more blue lighters as well.
sorry, for the long delay, but I figure I post when I had some better news

who cares dude. we all getting older all the time anyway. i was off alcohol for a while too and im still getting older regardless. sure, im certain alcohol speeds up degradation process, but at least i have fun degrading. sober, it feels like degrading is so much more announced each day present. like yeh... you like aging you like aging you like aging!?!?! im like i rather drink and age than sobering and aging. its the same shit actually, if you think about it, eventually your brain will erase all memories anyway, that is regardless of when or how you die. for real, seriously!

who cares dude. we all getting older all the time anyway. i was off alcohol for a while too and im still getting older regardless. sure, im certain alcohol speeds up degradation process, but at least i have fun degrading. sober, it feels like degrading is so much more announced each day present. like yeh... you like aging you like aging you like aging!?!?! im like i rather drink and age than sobering and aging. its the same shit actually, if you think about it, eventually your brain will erase all memories anyway, that is regardless of when or how you die. for real, seriously!
I disagree with this completely. I would rather live to 65 than 48. that’s almost 20 years of good living. I ain’t talking living into the 80’s and shit falling apart but making it into the late 50’s and enjoying life.
I don’t find it fun the way you and I drink. In fact, it’s sad and depressing. Yeah, drugs and alcohol can be fun for those who can use in moderation, but that’s not us. We abuse it until its gone or we’re gone, at least speaking for myself.

I’ve ruined the last 20 years of my life with alcohol and I am finally heading in the right direction. Alone, that may not be something your interested in and that’s fine. I enjoy your side of the view , but I will never agree with you homie.

I post updates on here so others struggling can see that there are others really trying to quit and how tough this is. I hope others tell their stories and give their advice.
one Day at a time is what I am doing now.