• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Age differences

Age differences are such a weird puritanical obsession. Over on Reddit, there are people who want to raise the age of consent to 25. I've never dated a girl less than 4 years younger, and a few 15 years younger. When I think about them, I don't think about the age difference. If anything, a responsible college girl with youthful drive can be a good thing for a junkie.

In my experience, girls shoot older. Just is. Whatever, I'm single and soberly boring these days.

But I think the age gap talk should just stop. It's particular to the mores of the current zeitgeist. It's like making sex a private act 100 years ago. Most people lived in a one room home well into the 1950s where sex never happened in private. In the US, I wouldn't be surprised if having sex in the same room as your children is a crime. But 95% of people did just this even in the US up until the 20th century. Privacy was a luxury only the ultra rich enjoyed.

I don’t think an age difference matters if you’re speaking strictly about sex. I slept with a guy nearly 13 years younger than me after I left my husband (fun times) and married (stupidly) a man 8 years older. I also dated a helicopter pilot who was 9 years older than I was and our maturity levels matched, I felt, until I discovered that he was in fact married.

When it comes to relationships, a shared frame of reference and similar personal experiences is essential for the success of any relationship, I feel. If the age difference is too great, that will be difficult to find.

The guy that was 13 years younger was super interesting and funny and had a great job but in so many ways he was so immature. He died instantly after driving south in the northbound lanes of the 5 Freeway.

In my opinion, age differences are not as problematic as dating someone from a completely different socioeconomic background. I’m not being snooty, I have just never had good luck dating people who come from completely different backgrounds, from a wealth standpoint.

I’m 3 years older than my boyfriend of 2+ years, Darvie. I think we get on quite well together.

Last edited:
Btw if I haven’t said this before, I’m 8 years older than my partner. But this works out because he’s MENTALLY more mature than me, and I’m basically still a teenager in my head. He’s more responsible than me. And I have a super high sex drive, so the fact that he’s younger is a plus, cuz he can keep up with me in bed 😉

Age REALLY IS a state of mind. You ever met someone who was really old but also super immature? Seems like they never grew up. Meanwhile there’s precocious children spouting wisdom beyond their years. People are different, so if they’re legal and you get along well, just ignore the age difference.

I'm 38 and my man is 31, we have Been together almost 5 years. Age Gap doesn't matter, until it is not illegal.

Not to me be of legal age have all your stuff work properly. Sound mine Good moral compass. Be reasonably attractive. That's about it

I think it is comedical what some of you are posting on this forum... really? sociecomenic class difference is where you draw the line but also want to "have sex" with someone who has never been in a corporate job... wtf

I don't think there's hard and fast rules when it comes to relationships. If you click, you click. Look at Emmanuel Macron and his wife. She was his teacher and was 40 when he was 15. They fell in love. People would say that's the most inappropriate thing ever but they appear to be very happily married.

Does age really matters when it comes to relationships or sex
It does because with age differences you are at different stages of your life. I have dated both older and younger. The differences can be overcome, but they can be very challenging.