• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Age differences

I believe that it all has to do with the maturity of the younger person. Just because someone is young doesn't mean that they aren't mature enough to have a responsible relationship with a person older than themselves.Personally to me age makes no difference,I'm 47 and totally in love with a 26yr old and hope that our relationship goes as far as possibly marriage later in our future!;)

Depends on the age.
A 15 year old and a 25 year old? NO!!!!
A 20 year old and a 35 year old.... I'd still say there should be some caution as many 20 year olds haven't matured yet.
But really, once you're in your 20s, there should be an issue. Just hope that the younger ones have matured.

If you weren't born on the same day, in the same year, you should not be having intercourse with that person. Something to do with your fung schway.

Just have to accept that you might be in to different eras of music, have different tastes in movies, have different stories to tell each other. Its no big deal unless you make it one. Your social circle will always have an opinion so how you protect your relationship from that is pretty crucial.

I'm a 35 year old who is madly in love with my 60 year old partner. We're both female, and I respect her wisdom and life experience. I have experiences to offer her as well, surprisingly, things she's never tried, support she has never had, things of that nature. It might seem odd or perverse to some people, but my family accepts us and we are planning to do a special commitment ceremony in July! I am SO excited! It's going to be beautiful. Chronological age doesn't really matter to me - I'm more interested in intellect and imagination. We are kinky, too!

Depends on where you are in life too. Lets say she is older. She may be done having babies and feel that you deserve to have a life with a someone your own age, get married and have a family one day. Maybe it would be selfish to rob someone of that? Then they would resent you later on, leave you for someone their own age and you would be old and alone. At that point who would want you then? Alot to think about.

I dated a woman who was 49 when I was in my 20s. I was okay with at first, but over time it seemed like we were from different worlds. It was definitely weird sometimes in ways that I didn't think it would be. It was also really cool meeting her sons that were closer to my age than hers.

Id still be fine with an older woman but it can def be pretty awkward socially when the gap is hugely obvious. People aren't really ok with it IME. I think people find younger woman/old man more acceptable.

Really the only time it's really wrong is >20 with <16 or >60 with <20 for sex. Actual relationships might be a bit if-ier and depend on the people. And of course those crazy places that think 16/17 is no different than 6/7 should give pause to consider the legal liability. But I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't think partners of the sex crazed hormone bags known as teenagers should be thrown in jail absent force/manipulation/coercion.

I'm still a little young to be a true, "Cougar" - but I'm on the practice squad, LOL. There's something about younger men. They're much more fun to be around and they are still train-able. Men date and marry younger 75% of THE TIME. I think woman are going to start doing this more in the near future. Men are aging terribly. Look at the Gen X'ers already invested in pills to give them a hard-on. C'mon. Younger guys are ready to go - usually a few times! Can't hate on that...

Oh how I would be chastised for saying the same about younger woman.

^ isn't it true?

The old formula is a good one IMO.

Af = (0.5)Am + 7

Despite my mathematical post above, I have indeed dated younger and older women, I think the largest differences in a serious relationship were, give or take, a decade in each way (she being 20 in one case and 30 something in the other), though in terms of random hookups I've taken home a woman probably more like 20 years my senior, no regrets there, she was still fit and fine in her 50s and fun as hell to be with (a regular at my local, still see her sometimes, it's cool.) But that, like the women posting above from the opposite side of the equation who'd probably agree with me, I think in terms of long term relationships though, the older man–younger woman dynamic is a better one, it's kind of ingrained in us. Some people would say that's a social construct based on objectifying youthful beauty in women, but it goes a lot deeper than that, it's an evolutionary thing, women are fertile for only a certain part of their lifespan whereas men can father a child into old age.

One might say that in modern society and in couples not interested in having children that isn't important but I think it still very much is, those sorts of evolutionary (or God-given, depending on your perspective) drives, even unconsciously, are very important psychologically and thus to the health of relationships in general. The half-age plus seven rule isn't a bad one (thus I should be dating women in their early to mid 20's which is good by me), but also dating someone your same age with the same experiences having grown up in the same formative times can be a healthy thing, too. My best and longest-term relationship was with someone about two years younger than me which I'd consider a negligible difference.