• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

The bottom line is that you will never stop using until you WANT to stop using. Ive been doing oxycontin and dope everyday for a year and a half almost two and never have I wanted to actually stop until recently. I always have suboxone saved up which I started to take this month. Now ive just been using on the weekends and even just a cutback like that I feel so much better. Now to just cut the habit completely...
I never knew anyone that wanted to stop. They had to because of lack of funds, threat of jail or wife threatening to leave. We believe that we can control the drugs we use. We're not weak like other people. We can control anything. Drugs are not going to control us, NO Sir!~ Then one day we get up to go to work and we need our trusty little pills to get up out of bed. Then we realize that we are screwed. Then denial sets in and cover stories are invented to cover our butts. But guess what? Its too late. This is the problem!! Most of us have to become addicts before we realize what addiction is all about. By then, we've become , well,,,,,,,,, you know.

i did plan to become an opioid addictio and it saved my life. I completely sane and serious when i say this but do not want to get into thrr details at the moment.

I am pretty (extremely) sure that one does not need to be an eplitic to suffer for seizures during benzo w/d; i think it is the worst (alcohol may be worse but i wouldn't know). It will drive you crazy, make you feel like shit, and (as already stated can kill you).
huh??

,I weaned off of lyrica after 3 yrs use 300mgs a day,and a benzo habit for 20yrs,now on 4mgs ativan 5 mgs valium.went to low does gabapentin around like 200mgs a night,still on benzos and my tolerance has goen ou tthe window.
here is the problem,I recently weaned off the gabapentin and sleep is impossible,severe,and I mean severe GI issues.This is commonly heard of in other "lyrica withdrawl" communities.
On halloween I landed in hosptial with pancreattis ,nearly died.I dont drink or do other drugs so I figure it was related to lyrica W/d.
The Gi issues,the bloating and the absolute hell of detox from both lyrica and gabapentin is almost too mch for this old lady.
I took very small amounts of oxycet for awhile,it helped but ultimatley caused issues with my stomache.
I need some serious help here and believe it or not u guys know more about drugs than doctors.
I have a 20yr benzo habit,now a mix of ativan and 10mgs valium.
I gained massive weight on lyrica,but it is nothing compared to the pregnant belly I have now.
I am in some deep sh**t here and could use any guidance.
My idea was to detox from lyrica first then attack benzos,but my tummy is compleltely fried.
and sleep is a nightmare.
i tried upping the benzos to no avail,tried remeron for sleep ,have some backlofen havent tried it also have medical pot and have not tried it.
NOTHING helps my gut and i am not theonly one....thousands struggling with lyrica w/d ,and just hurting.
I realize my benzo use is complicating the w/d but hey will take along time to detox from.
Please,if you have any ideas why my gut is haywire,and an interim drug I would be grateful.
people have siad they feel lyrica has changed their insides in some weird way.I would agree but is it permanent?
cant live likethis.
I have horrifc breathing issues with sleep apnea.so many drugs are off limits.
I even have some morphine at home,small amount.dont wanna go back to gabapentin even in smalll amounts.
have a bupe patch lotza drugs ,terrified to take any of them.
3and 1/2 yrs of lyrica with benzos and here i am with horrific issues.
Please anyone that can give me some ideas -drs say go bk to gabapentin,they dont give a sh*t,but I do.I would be grateful for some response.
This is nothing short of hel,and I can only imagine the benzo withdrawl.
thank you for your response.
Katy

You have a 20 year old benzo habbit, it won't go away overnight unfortunately, the only really way is an extremely drawn out taper over 12-24 months and even then you will suffer slightly, but it is the only way. You need a doctor that knows your history and will prescribe you a stepping down dose and no more, if you have to shop around etc if you aren't 100% in the right head space to quit you will just end up tapering up and down up and down.

Are opiates really addictive? Oh my God, why hasn't anyone told me? Oh Lord, why didn't you tell me? What will I do now? Well,I guess I'll go chase that evil mean ole dragon then maybe I'll roust up some trim and have a go at that. Thanks for that valuable info.

Are opiates really addictive? Oh my God, why hasn't anyone told me? Oh Lord, why didn't you tell me? What will I do now? Well,I guess I'll go chase that evil mean ole dragon then maybe I'll roust up some trim and have a go at that. Thanks for that valuable info.

No problem mate.

I've been using old school (wizz)for 30yrs with a break of about a year a very long time ago,since then I've had a few breaks of a month up to maybe 3.always going back to amphetamines usually after using some other crutch i.e alcahol ephadrine even relegion,never being completely straight for longer than a week.in the process I've ruined family, friends and any worth while relationship I've ever had.I've been given another chance with a wonderful woman but am already jepardising this because of my habit.i can stop ,but can't do my job properly.(not for at least 3 weeks which would devastate us financially maybe cause us to be homeless)i need to work to provide for this lady and what's left of my family ,benenfits are out of the question due to a dodgy past. I don't want handouts but I must earn,l'm stuck in a viscious circle which I don't know how to break without losing my job and my lady(who will stand by me if I stop using but can't afford to live without my financal input)does anyone know a way out of my predicament or has got through a similar problem,its my last chance which I know I don't deserve .how can I even start to sort it?

If only everyone had the control and was aware that if you want your opiates to be an enjoyable chemical to last a lifetime, you've got to set up a rigid (and infrequent) schedule. Once a week, for instance, would be a good guideline.

Stray from those guidelines and addiction will likely occur.

Another thing that people should be aware of (and that I was not until it happened) is that even if you are considering that an addiction is something you are comfortable with (heh, I had that kind of mentality at first, I just didn't care I guess) the problem is that the euphoria will go away down the road. Then you're really fucked.

SOOOO TRUE!!! The 'good feeling" gets harder and harder to obtain. Eventually, its practically non-existant.

Help on clinic costs

A very informative post. I'd like for you to touch on the present policy you were talking about the clinic working with you on the money or the sliding scale. Would this also be the case if I am on Methadone and am unemployed....?
Good Post, and I'd really appreciate any way in which you can help. I am considered a "trustworthy client" at my clinic, but I am in a REAL WORLD BIND with the money part. I'd be willing to move if I can find financial help in my medication.
Thanks, Artcohen

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are talking about. Every country, state and clinic has different policies, you would need to talk to them about costs.

Now that I figured out that I can't deny I have a big problem, Is it possible to take opiods for real pain but not abuse it? I have a messed up pancreas from birth. Had a couple surgeries and have very real pain. My problem is that once I get my whack load of dilaudids every month I just start taking them, increasing the dosage and use them up in about 10-14 days. That does screw me over the rest of the time. I was going to ER's when it was bad but have consciously decided not to do that anymore. I am not working right now due to this and I live alone so I can't ask anyone to challenge me when I take them. (I know I should be able to do this alone and not depend on others.)
I'm unsure that I can actually handle harm reduction (taking only when I need them) since I just give up and keep taking them. Then I wait the rest of the month for my next RX from the MD. I honestly see this heading to a very bad end.

Has this worked for anyone? This has been going on for a couple years. Certainly not the way I envisioned my life ending up.
Thanks.. at least you guys answer honestly without any BS.

okay, i bought the pods, got the kratom, took last metadone yesterday 5mgs tapered for about a week, from 10 mgs. now what? should i wait to take the kratom,I mean I feel crappy from the taper, but not too bad.

okay, i bought the pods, got the kratom, took last metadone yesterday 5mgs tapered for about a week, from 10 mgs. now what? should i wait to take the kratom,I mean I feel crappy from the taper, but not too bad.

Wait it out as long as you can before taking it.

Bathsalt addiction how does rehab handle it or do they even consider it a addiction?

would be treated the same as cocaine/speed addiction.

Daily sub user here. Using heroin whenever my mind forgets about how close to passing out/death I came the time before. I used to drink a pint with a bundle, but I haven't drank with my D since I the last time I puked on my mother's bedroom floor on my knees, praying to a god i don't believe in to keep me alive, and consciously monitoring my breath. Notice I said "the last time" because this has happened a lot in my life and in the lives of most of the junkies I know. You take too much. No junkie is perfect. I'm here to say opiates are fantastic. I love them. I used to come here when I was 14, 15.. because I believed I could tame drugs. I believed we could control drugs. And that is what I thought Bluelight was all about back then. I thought I was becoming a part of a great, enlightened group of people that partook in the alteration of the chemicals in their brains. I thought we were all here to say we're doing it! We're using and we're happy because we're educated!

Awesome club. Flash forward to age 22 and the cheap little $10 Oxy Contin 20s, and $20 OC 40s, turned to $35-$40 OC80s, and those cheap little OC80s quickly turned into $80 OC80s. And those $80 OC80s turned into Opanas. Those great Opanas turned to 80 dollar Opana 40s. Then those finally turned into heroin. And by then my tolerance was already so high that I needed a bundle of dope to even (hopefully) come close to the 1 to 2 Opana 40s that I had been using daily. That bundle of dope a night quickly turned into a bundle of dope + a pint of cheap vodka each night. This was the only way I could possibly match the high I had been chasing for so long. And this finally turned into me overdosing, quite frequently. ODing isn't fun. Your powerless. Your high. Your delusional. You believe you could die. And your not too far from death. It could happen with that last bag. Finally, ODing frequently turned into me being forced into taking Suboxone to live a normal life.

This place was supposed to enlighten me. I thought this place was full of open minded people just like me, that used dope and had fun with life. I'm writing this to say damn, I am sooo fucking enlightened its not even funny. Great club. No girls allowed apparently. I don't get laid so much, what with the no money and the heroin addiction.

On the other hand, I do enjoy using my DOC, just not the addiction and everything else that comes with it. Having to rely on another person to pull you out of complete restlessness, fatigue, depression? Having to rely on another person that sees you as a dollar sign. When that person or those person(s) are sometimes completely unreliable, and can blow you off, or rip you off whenever they want? Or get busted. And then your shit out of luck if you want to feel good anytime soon. Its not fun kids. Its not fucking fun. Your buying a substance that speeds up all your happiness, condenses it all into short little bursts, and leaves you without any until you buy more fix. Rely on someone else, and pay someone else, to be happy. Thats what your doing. Thats what you'll be doing the rest of your life if you don't stop the cycle. And stopping is never going to be as easy as stopping. Because you can easily not try something, and never do it again, right? That makes sense right? But once you try something, its always there. Its always a memory. Its always available. You can be clean for a month, or two, and go right back into a full fledged addiction. That is the cycle. Your withdrawal, your depression, your anxiety, your troubles, they all turn into a reason to use, even if you've been struggling to stay sober for months.

If I want to go to the movies with a cute girl, I have to think about how talkative, and how "happy" I want to be, before I leave the house, and I need to take a dose of my suboxone accordingly. I literally have to dose out my happiness because of my physical and mental addiction. When you look back on everything, 4-5 years happens very quickly, and while your busy chasing dope and having fun, your life kind of passes you by. It doesn't wait for you to pick up your pieces and fix yourself up. Before you know it, you've been chasing after a high for 2, 3, 4, 5 years. And here is another little shocker you might find out later in life if your a young kid, with a nice girl/boy friend, in one of your 1st long term relationships: If your "in love" with someone right now, and you both use opiates together regularly, & they are the 1st partner you've had that you've shared opiate use with, try taking the opiates out of the equation, and see if your still in love in a month. Try it. See how fast things slow down to a screeching halt. This drug completely changes you when your high. And if you and your boyfriend/girlfriend are high 90% of the time your together, your relationship is heroin. Its injected with heroin. And you may need to take the journey for yourself to figure that out for yourself, but eventually you will. Your relationship is heroin.

When you hear about pot "taking kids away from things they once loved" you can laugh that off, go ahead. But don't think that you can laugh at heroin doing that. Opiates can end up doing that. Once you are addicted to dope, it becomes increasingly more difficult to deal with things like anxiety, depression, etc, when you do not have any of your drug. Try scoring in a job interview without a bag in you. If you've been using regularly, look in the mirror. Thats what the world sees when they look at you. Your face is blotched up, inflamed. Your nostrils and your cheeks around your nostrils are red, you've got raccoon eyes, your not getting a job if you've got the face of an addict. When you look in the mirror, you see all the signs... You pull down your eyelids, your eyes widen when you realize you've been rubbing your face raw, you've got dry skin... The rest of the world doesn't look away and take a shower. The rest of the world thinks your sick, or your on drugs. Girls, your health shows through your makeup. Your health is whats under the makeup.

And take it from me: If your thinking "No, I've done hours and hours of research. I've done DAYS and days of research. I've read TONS of 1st hand accounts. I know how to control it. I can control my use" I used to be YOU. I used to be you, and you CAN'T control it forever. I promise you that. Addiction slips into your life slowly. Unannounced. Below your radar. Everything stacks up and up and up until its too late. Your not a romanticized junkie, a great philosopher. Your not a genius. Your an opiate user, and soon to be addict. Get out while you still can. You cannot break your rules ONCE with dope. But you will. You will eventually. Slowly. & You will lose your emotional identity. You will lose what you thought your personality was. This drug changes your personality. This drug changes who YOU are. This drug changes your emotional identity. This drug will take away your confidence when your without it, and it will have you doing things when your high on it, that will embarrass who you thought you were, GREATLY, when you are not high on it.

Once you are addicted, the MAJORITY of the time, You will NOT want to be an opiate user. The MAJORITY of the time, you'll wish you didn't have to use. In fact, eventually, that "wish" turns into you begging and pleading with yourself to not use. See, a paradox shift occurs, when you are becoming a true addict. When you are using on a daily routine, or on an every other day schedule... When your high, you will want with all your heart to STOP using. Eventually, getting high will be the only time your not weak, sickly, mentally distressed. Oh, but everything becomes so clear when your high! Your going to stop! Your going to taper off! Your going to do this with your life next! And your going to do that with your life after that! You feel amazing! You can tackle anything! But in reality, the next morning, you'll wake up just as sick as the morning before, and the morning before that, and you wont be able to resist that drug. And that is what the rest of your LIFE will amount to if you don't stop flirting with this demon right now. And you'll go through phases where every high is your last high. ahaha. When your sober or sick, all of your plans will be grand schemes. Grand banquets! Your going to buy XX amount tomorrow, and that is going to be the last time your using! Or your going to buy XXX tomorrow, and that will surely be the last time! But that doesn't come true. Then, when your high, ohh, all of your plans will be so self liberating and so strong. You can do this! This is definitely a good high to "go out on!" This is it! You'll remember this one for months! This is a great last bang! Your not getting ANY tomorrow! Good luck with that.

And ask yourself this... I am a very articulate guy, right? I like to write. & I seem at least mildly educated, right? I'm not dumb. I'm not an idiot. Then why... Why, after writing all of this to you... WHY will I still try to buy dope tomorrow? Even though I know all of this. Even though I've been at this game for years. Even though I'm writing this to help you, reading this, from becoming an addict.. Why would I write all of this and still use?? Because I'm an ADDICT! I'm an addict and the sacrifices I have to make to get my fix come one at a time... Each one is a tougher and tougher rock to swallow. But they also add up over time. So think about this when you go to score next time if your just starting this. Think about how your going down the same road millions before you have already gone down. And we all eventually admit that its not a good road to go down. Its a stupid road that ruins you. I'm begging you to please switch habits. Smoke pot. Drink. Do what you have to. Just don't purposely allow yourself to get yourself addicted to dope. Its not worth it. Its not a beautiful struggle to someday overcome. Its not a comfy and cozy struggle that you will plan to overcome in your future. Its much, much bigger than yourself. Bigger than you can even imagine. Your not getting away with doing something that the sober kids close their minds to, or that the stiff kids just dont know about. Your going to ruin your life. Your going to ruin yourself.

I feel this is all the truth. You won't find me in threads like this much again, unless I'm asking for help for myself. You'd probably more easily find me hanging out with the people that are like me, comparing stamps, "enjoying" myself. Well, "enjoying" myself by having a laugh with other dope heads, or comparing stamps... That might look like fun to you. But remember this post when you see my other posts. Because this is exactly whats underneath it all. This is the back story of a lot of us that are "having fun" in the dope threads. Its not fun. Addiction is not fun. Its not an interesting experience lol. Its not like doing an innocent research experiment on yourself. It changes you for the worst. It changes your life for the worst. You can try to make the best of it.. You can continue to use, you can stay happy enough to survive as long as your not sick. but underneath it all, don't idolize the life, don't falsely romanticize addiction. Don't think you can tame it. Everyone is different and your knowledge doesn't ensure that your the type that can control a very addictive drug. Assume the worst like all those kids that never touched drugs did. Remember those dope threads with all the "happy" junkies? Those junkies have lives that can easily be described from what I wrote above. That is what is behind the exterior "fun" of this addiction. The pain, problems, and suffering.

Last edited:
Yeah i attend a university. This is my second semester and my opiate consumption and addiciton is really getting out of hand. No motivation or desire to even go to class without pain relief and it sucks.

^^^ P.S. sameoldshit is exactly right. It is a vicious cycle...worse than vicious actually, and i just pray to God to have mercy on me and give me ONE MORE DAY pain free. I think my mercy is running out though, and i forsee an unavoidable iceberg in the future..as long as i'm using it's there, but even when i'm not using the pain consumes my thought process and i would kill to have my pain dissappear(especially without narcotics..what a dream right?), but it wouldn't.

Last edited:
as far as gettin off the opiates from experience of doing 10 30mg roxi's a day. Day 1 take 1 8mg suboxone (and some clonidine, sleeping pill, weed , anti inflammatory, or benzos each day), Day 2 4mg suboxone, Day 3 2mg suboxone, day 4 1mg suboxone, then by day five all of the opiates are out and you might not feel that great but in a couple more days your good. I was shocked that this method worked for me. Day 1 will be the worst expect it to hit pretty hard and drain you but it's no where near as bad as cold turkey i promise you that. as for the other drugs you just have to get addicted to getting healthy, go to the gym, work out hard, that will give you a better rush than any dope can

I started at once a week, then it got to twice a week, then...you see the picture. Now I've stopped, and if I touch opiates I never pass more than 3 days at it. I've learnt the hard way to be really strict on that. But after an accident I am handicapped, suffer in permenance, and take Fentanyl patches, which I'm trying to base in quantity. A few years ago I would have jumped for joy but now it's a pain and not just in the a**e.

Now that I figured out that I can't deny I have a big problem, Is it possible to take opiods for real pain but not abuse it? I have a messed up pancreas from birth. Had a couple surgeries and have very real pain. My problem is that once I get my whack load of dilaudids every month I just start taking them, increasing the dosage and use them up in about 10-14 days. That does screw me over the rest of the time. I was going to ER's when it was bad but have consciously decided not to do that anymore. I am not working right now due to this and I live alone so I can't ask anyone to challenge me when I take them. (I know I should be able to do this alone and not depend on others.)
I'm unsure that I can actually handle harm reduction (taking only when I need them) since I just give up and keep taking them. Then I wait the rest of the month for my next RX from the MD. I honestly see this heading to a very bad end.

Has this worked for anyone? This has been going on for a couple years. Certainly not the way I envisioned my life ending up.
Thanks.. at least you guys answer honestly without any BS.

Hey there! I'm a chronic pain patient and I'm also an ex addict. It is possible for SOME people to take their pain meds and not abuse them. Most chronic pain patients don't become addicted to their meds according to all of the studies I've read (dependence is different from addiction). I don't abuse my meds and I have even managed to avoid most of the dependence by only taking them on my worst days. The other days of the week I will take NSAIDs and use lidocaine patches , TENS unit, , etc. I try to only use my prescribed opiates no more than 3 days a week with days in between. I can take a week or two off meds to lower tolerance with only some diarrhea , no other WD symptoms. However, this is just the way I choose to do it. My condition can possibly be corrected by surgery later this year so I want to avoid dependence. If you need your meds daily to function then you just have to use self control. Pain control (analgesia) needs to be more important than getting a buzz, you know?
Since you have raised your tolerance you might want to try to lower it a bit by taking a break if possible. I try to keep my tolerance down by taking DXM with my opiates. I'm going to be switching from DXM to ultra low dose naloxone soon. You might want to look into it. It helps pain and it also keeps your tolerance and dependence from raising as fast.
If you find none of these things work hon, then you might want to try a long acting pain med that you can't abuse. Perhaps the Butrans patch or Embeda? Good luck. Having pain sucks