• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

i really dont wanna involve with this discussion but i just wanna remind you that drugs dont do the things you said above. its the people actually do it themselves, you should blame people who "misuse" them instead drugs:|

Agree....i took heroin at 15....then started opiates again 2 years ago at 28 and earn 340k (didnt ruin my life yet) a year and am not addicted (use twice a week max)

I've read a lot of the stories in here and I'd like to add mine to the pile if that's alright...

I definitely agree with the statements made previously about how opiate addiction can sneak up on you. I've been using percocets orally and oxycontin nasally for I think about two solid years now. I've had to go through withdrawal a few times... probably can count on one hand. A few times it was unintentional, I would just be out of percs or not take any for a day or two after taking them every day for a week, then wonder why I suddenly came down with the flu. I was completely clueless, as I'd had absolutely no experience with narcotics before this time. They were offered to me as a solution for my bad knee pain and I thought "hey, why not..."

After that I started to use oxy recreationally but useage ramped up very slowly and gradually until it became daily use. There was a time period of about a week where I was bored, alone and generally hating my life and its circumstances and found it very easy to justify daily use of about 40-50mgs a day which I know isn't as much as some of the users here but for me that was so much more than I had ever planned. Someone who cared enough about me forced me to stop cold-turkey and the withdrawals after my highest useage period was the worst experience of my life. There was the week of the typical withdrawal symptoms (chills, aches, weakness, sweats, restlessness, diarrhea, out of control emotions, no sleep but constantly tired) but I was not fully back to normal for at least two months in terms of sleeping, eating, feeling like myself again and finally getting over the compulsion to just do as many as I wanted.

I was proud of myself for about a minute until I realized that the desire to use would never really go away and I felt like a failure. Using was now an option, when before I had ever used these drugs it wasn't really there. I hardly ever drank, hated being too drunk and hungover, and weed never really did all that much for me so I felt "meh" towards those two. But opiates are just so different. They change how you feel. Everyone has heard the whole "they make you want more, you'll do anything to get more" but no one ever told you that when you feel that way it's 100% completely real, and you find yourself making justifications to use. There's always a reason. Bad day, bad mood, pain, nervousness, anxiety or whatever. After my withdrawal and clean period of a few months I wanted to use again, but responsibly this time... I made a list of conditions and rules for myself to follow to try to make sure I never got physically addicted ever again. It worked for a while but I definitely fell into the trap again. I'm mostly keeping it up now because I'd hate to go through the withdrawal again, seeing as I'm back at school for another year and I actually have to leave the house for classes and social gatherings (boo hoo, I sound like a total sap haha). But if I didn't have these responsibilities I think I'd be more willing to get through it. It never seems to be the right time.

Anyway thanks for reading/listening. I am so glad I found this forum. I am finally able to tell this story and find support and not be judged or guilted. I think I'm really going to like it here.

Clonodine does work to a certain extent....Clonodine and Ambien to fall asleep at night. Its rough because clonodine drys your mouth out like sandpaper. Ambien is cool if you have time (no work, or kids) I wish I could, I work so its hard. I would stock up and sleep through most of it if possible(try and be responsible don't over do it though the idea is to wake up eventually lol =) ). If you have a tub, hottub, or jacuzzi run the water warm/hot and just sit or soak that I find to be the greatest for everything symptom opiates can throw at me (try 15 min sessions every hour or two the idea is to lightly shock ur body)

Whats extremely weird and worked for me this last time, call me crazy but adderall (ADHD MEDICATION...i dont have ADHD). I have been nothing but petrified of opiate withdrawal (hence my long term use). I honestly took opiates just to get straight lately not really wanting to get high.

Quick Over View about me
Started Opiates at 19 after Boxing injury
Ran Out, Doctor cut me off, I bought from the street
Got out of hand, stole to support the habit, got arrested
Sent to a program 15 months, came out did it again(opiates... not arrested)
Mom fed up, kicked me out, I have a place of my own
I live alone, support myself, girlfriend still lives home, mom was right - money doesnt grow on trees
Price per pill went up, I need to pay necessities, my habit became minuscule
Found suboxone, took for almost a year, and said screw it I give up
I was down to 2mg a day, took my last quarter of the 8mg
I stopped Monday, couldnt wake up tuesday(6am) so I took 30mg adderall
I feel okay. My stomach is rumbling and my nose is running but so far so good
Ive been trying my hardest not to, but the greatest thing you can do is talk about it.

Bk Apallo

i am not addicted (use twice a week max)

lol... give it time, and maybe a personal tragedy, 2 days a week becomes 3, then 4, then 5, etc.

Yes, it's not the "drugs," it's the people, blah blah blah, but opiates are ridiculously insidious in their addictions. Sneaky sneaky, before you know it you're using to not be sick anymore, just to feel "normal."

First off let me say that this is a well written and informative post, but I have some concerns.

My main concern is that the information in your post, while valid, doesn't really help anyone on this site. Most of the people on this site are addicts or recovered addicts, the information you posted simply describes addiction. Addicts don't need to know the classes of drugs and which are addictive, they have already crossed that point. I suggest deleting all the information about addictive drugs.

The valuable part of this post is the information on withdrawals, since they are the biggest thing that prevents people from getting clean, so focus more on developing that.

Also, I must say I disagree with your suggestion of going to college to stay clean, colleges are major hubs of drug and alcohol use, most people will develop or worsen an addiction in college because of being exposed so much to drugs. Additionally, you must be recovered before you can succeed in college. A newly abstinent addict would not be able to do well in college.

I agree with your caution on using suboxone, or methadone for that manner. Both are opiates and both are very hard to detox from. I suggest never using these if you are serious about getting clean. There will come a point where you will experience WD's, suboxone and methadone only postpone them. If one does use these drugs, it is of upmost importance than someone else stores the medication and gives it to you as prescribed.

ive been addicted to oxy for about two yeas.. my tollerance grew to 350 - 400mg i would buy 12 to 13 roxies for abound *NO PRICES*i would pop half and snort the rest at the same time just so i can high... -__- i ruined my savings and my credit.. i am now going threw treatment and got a script for suboxone it helps with withdraws soo much and i wanna stay clean but ive been getting theses intense cravings lately cuz all my dealers tx me all the tym sayn got blues hit me up or got opana and its still so hard for me to stop.. just kmowing that they are thier pretty much in arms reach is giving me such bad anxiaty and temptation.. please help me with some good advise. im on ther verge of looseing my girlfriend that i love so very much because of my addiction... and replies would meen alot to me.. :)e bben addicted to oxy for about two yeas.. my tollerance grew to 350 - 400mg i would buy 12 to 13 roxies for abound *NO PRICES* i would pop half and snort the rest at the same time just so i can high... -__- i ruined my savings and my credit.. i am now going threw treatment and got a script for suboxone it helps with withdraws soo much and i wanna stay clean but ive been getting theses intense cravings lately cuz all my dealers tx me all the tym sayn got blues hit me up or got opana and its still so hard for me to stop.. just kmowing that they are thier pretty much in arms reach is giving me such bad anxiaty and temptation.. please help me with some good advise. im on ther verge of looseing my girlfriend that i love so very much because of my addiction... and replies would meen alot to me.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oncoming problem

Please pardon my spelling before reading
I am 19 year old guy that goes to the gym five days a week and also works there. i am a well groomed polite guy so ive been told. Basically im not an asshole jok and im viewed in a good way. I am curreently trying to decide what i want to do with my life. It only been in the last year that ive recently started experimenting with drugs such as Weed, Shrooms, Ecstacy, Acid and so on. It was what i found fun because normal life was getting pretty boring and not that life at home was terrible but deffinatly wasnt great. but anyways wile i was doing these substances i made some ground rules as to what we called the big 3 NONOS. Which are Coke/crack, Meth, Heroin. Ive had the chance to do all of these and hadnt had a problem saying no. however within this last month i was introduced to opiates and eventually found myself shooting up. I am currently not physically addicted however i am VERY obsessive and mentally addicted to it. I am not interested in anything else other then this drug known as heroin. I am always hiding the needle marks on my arms from certain friends and all family. I am relizing that this is gunna become a problem and im not sure how to get away from these obsessive compulsive cravings. Ive been spacing out my nights where i do my ritual involving the substance. However im not in denial and i relize that the days i use have gotten closer and closer together. I am waisting tons of money and always seem to run across more to support my new found side hobbie. I am currently at work on the computer working alone typing this out. im not sure if im writing this to get it out or if im looking for help, or both.. if anyone could give me some advice or stories about there expierences i would really appreciate it! This thing that has come into my life excites me like a first date and scares me like a gunshot in my own direction... so frustrating

find a gov rehab support centre asap and talk to them, get on top of this now, everyday you leave it longer will make it harder to quit.

I promised my girl I'd quit heroin, it scares her so much, I know I shouldn't be quitting for anybody else, but I can't keep doing this to her. My question is, I promised her I would be completely sober for at least 2 weeks. From everything, which means no cold turkey, no Xanax, no Valium. I intend on keeping that promise, which means I'm in for one hell of a kick. Does anybody have any tips for quitting heroin, and just that? No moderating doses, or levelling out with anything else. Thank you!

Last edited:
I promised my girl I'd quit heroin, it scares her so much, I know I shouldn't be quitting for anybody else, but I can't keep doing this to her. My question is, I promised her I would be completely sober for at least 2 weeks. From everything, which means no cold turkey, no Xanax, no Valium. I intend on keeping that promise, which means I'm in for one hell of a kick. Does anybody have any tips for quitting heroin, and just that? No moderating doses, or levelling out with anything else. Thank you!

Yep, the vast majority of my heroin kicks have been cold turkey with no tapering, no methadone, no buprenorphine (sub) although honestly I have used benzos for most kicks, not all, although IMO benzos only relieve between 25-30% of withdrawal symptoms anyways. Although, this is pretty significant when you're coming off a _____ bags a day habit.

See this thread, it might help ya with some other non-benzo alternatives that could help you a lot! Like Clonidine! could take away 50% of your withdrawal symptoms.

I have been 50 hours since my last norco it has been cold then hot legs cant stop moving. I have had some relief with rice in sock then put in microwave. Cold and flu meds plop plop fiz fiz some relief helped me a lot. Any help out there?

Menta*Lity,

35 years ago i was with a young man Good looking so smart hard working sounded just like you.
Now his whole life Dope! Not good looking anymore no job finding Dope is his job! Get out while you still can!

Last edited:
I think a thread like this would have made me second guess myself before I decided to start using opiates. But I can't do shit about that now.
Ditto-plus years of learning and hearing "how bad" heroin and other drugs are, and not to do them, still didn't prevent me from my decade worth of heroin addiction.

Influence can hand you the biggest mistake you'll make in your life.

(oopsey, didn't realize how old this thread was till after I gave it another bump).

Last edited:
This is a good idea. Add alcohol and nicotine to this also. I don't know of a "social" smoker OR IV shooter. But everything can become "social" and "social" use can spiral out of control when something bad happens (or when something really good happens---it works both ways).

It's the anxiety about WD that leads to addiction. With alcohol you can self medicate anxiety. Addiction is just a snowball effect in a chaotic system in an otherwise healthy brain---it's a property of the network. Sensitivity to initial conditions. I don't believe one addiction overlaps with another unless you're tickling the same receptor system.

Congratulations BTW. You're taking the first step in dealing with your problem. Once you have an addiction to something I don't believe you can ever go back to using that substance "normally".

Oncoming problem

Please pardon my spelling before reading
I am 19 year old guy that goes to the gym five days a week and also works there. i am a well groomed polite guy so ive been told. Basically im not an asshole jok and im viewed in a good way. I am curreently trying to decide what i want to do with my life. It only been in the last year that ive recently started experimenting with drugs such as Weed, Shrooms, Ecstacy, Acid and so on. It was what i found fun because normal life was getting pretty boring and not that life at home was terrible but deffinatly wasnt great. but anyways wile i was doing these substances i made some ground rules as to what we called the big 3 NONOS. Which are Coke/crack, Meth, Heroin. Ive had the chance to do all of these and hadnt had a problem saying no. however within this last month i was introduced to opiates and eventually found myself shooting up. I am currently not physically addicted however i am VERY obsessive and mentally addicted to it. I am not interested in anything else other then this drug known as heroin. I am always hiding the needle marks on my arms from certain friends and all family. I am relizing that this is gunna become a problem and im not sure how to get away from these obsessive compulsive cravings. Ive been spacing out my nights where i do my ritual involving the substance. However im not in denial and i relize that the days i use have gotten closer and closer together. I am waisting tons of money and always seem to run across more to support my new found side hobbie. I am currently at work on the computer working alone typing this out. im not sure if im writing this to get it out or if im looking for help, or both.. if anyone could give me some advice or stories about there expierences i would really appreciate it! This thing that has come into my life excites me like a first date and scares me like a gunshot in my own direction... so frustrating

Hello...I'm new to Bluelight.....I've been taking Hydrocodone 5/500 (1-2 per day), Hydro-morphine and Benzos on and off for years to get high and numb myself to life. Lately I've ran out of resources to get the meds so I am going through withdrawals. It really sucks. My skin crawls and I want to rip my skin off at times. I am so irritated with everything and all I can think of is getting just one more pill to make it through the day. UGH.
Any help, advice would help me a lot. Also I have been depressed and have had anxiety for years, since I was in my early 20's. I take meds for both but they seem to just barely keep me going.
Please help, thanks!

,I weaned off of lyrica after 3 yrs use 300mgs a day,and a benzo habit for 20yrs,now on 4mgs ativan 5 mgs valium.went to low does gabapentin around like 200mgs a night,still on benzos and my tolerance has goen ou tthe window.
here is the problem,I recently weaned off the gabapentin and sleep is impossible,severe,and I mean severe GI issues.This is commonly heard of in other "lyrica withdrawl" communities.
On halloween I landed in hosptial with pancreattis ,nearly died.I dont drink or do other drugs so I figure it was related to lyrica W/d.
The Gi issues,the bloating and the absolute hell of detox from both lyrica and gabapentin is almost too mch for this old lady.
I took very small amounts of oxycet for awhile,it helped but ultimatley caused issues with my stomache.
I need some serious help here and believe it or not u guys know more about drugs than doctors.
I have a 20yr benzo habit,now a mix of ativan and 10mgs valium.
I gained massive weight on lyrica,but it is nothing compared to the pregnant belly I have now.
I am in some deep sh**t here and could use any guidance.
My idea was to detox from lyrica first then attack benzos,but my tummy is compleltely fried.
and sleep is a nightmare.
i tried upping the benzos to no avail,tried remeron for sleep ,have some backlofen havent tried it also have medical pot and have not tried it.
NOTHING helps my gut and i am not theonly one....thousands struggling with lyrica w/d ,and just hurting.
I realize my benzo use is complicating the w/d but hey will take along time to detox from.
Please,if you have any ideas why my gut is haywire,and an interim drug I would be grateful.
people have siad they feel lyrica has changed their insides in some weird way.I would agree but is it permanent?
cant live likethis.
I have horrifc breathing issues with sleep apnea.so many drugs are off limits.
I even have some morphine at home,small amount.dont wanna go back to gabapentin even in smalll amounts.
have a bupe patch lotza drugs ,terrified to take any of them.
3and 1/2 yrs of lyrica with benzos and here i am with horrific issues.
Please anyone that can give me some ideas -drs say go bk to gabapentin,they dont give a sh*t,but I do.I would be grateful for some response.
This is nothing short of hel,and I can only imagine the benzo withdrawl.
thank you for your response.
Katy