• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid blotter that is DOB. Lab analyzed. (w/ pics and spectra)

I was actually the friend who gave fairnymph the blotter for testing. When I initially got it, I was suspicious because it was far more bitter than any other blotter I had previously consumed. I have a high baseline tolerance to phenethylamines, and psychedelics generally do not last as long for me as they do for most other people. Therefore, 2 hits of this blotter only got me to a +1.5 on the Shulgin scale, and it lasted maybe 10 hours. The duration was definitely suspicious, but it was difficult at this dose, and with my relatively modest DOX experience at the time, to tell it apart from LSD. I managed to convince myself that it was acid after I didn't hear any negative stories from people who took larger amounts of the stuff. Later, I found that all of these people had been using psychedelics very frequently when they were taking this blotter (some of them didn't even know that you could develop a tolerance when tripping more frequently than 3-5 days apart). I also didn't hear any stories of people tripping for longer than you would typically expect acid to last. Therefore, I convinced myself it was in fact LSD and then made the classic DOB error at a psytrance party, taking 3 hits, and 2 hours later, 3 more hits, in order to get myself to the level of tripping I desired. Well I went way past that level and freaked out. I was tripping so hard that I was unable to clearly see more than about a meter in front of me. At that dosage, the trip definitely did last for about 16 hours. When I learned upon returning to the States that the blotter actually contained DOB, it all made sense.

i am from perth WA and have had some blotters with DOB on them.
dull phycadelic type coloured pattern- i am sure if was DOB due to time taken to come on, dose, taste etc.
just though i would post it.

doesn't lsd not have a taste and doesnt dob have a disgusting taste?

mongo_the_bad said:
I just posted this on another thread but i thought it was important to share.

Seeing as this sort of thing has become a pretty serious issue i thought everyone might enjoy this link. I saw it posted in another thread and have been searching for it all day. It is a reagent test just like the Extacsy pill test except..... TA DAH!!! This one tests for the presence of LSD-25, so unless someone is mixing substances on their blotter with LSD (in which case they should die) these tests could be very helpful.

http://shop.armorforensics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Redwop&Product_Code=907&Category_Code=narcopouch

yep that's the link I posted a while back everyone who uses LSD should test it to be on the safe side.there's even opiates to worry about now.

Look at this not DOB but DON found it on another forum thought you'd like to see.

2005-10-22_083826_don.jpg

I wouldn't mind one of these=D

^ True. I don't suppose I would have a huge problem with that. As long as it is labeled on each and EVERY hit.

I also like how the dose is printed on them, yet I guaran-fucking-tee you that each dose is not exactly 4mg. THAT is my big problem with blotter. Doses absolutely CANNOT be standardized.

kiri said:
If you're expecting an acid trip when you take it, this stuff is going to leave you severely confused. However, the bitter taste always gives it away.

Well most hallucinogenic compounds would be bitter I would guess. Acid has a particular bitter, metallic taste to it and I'd say this comment is a little misleading. I know it's impossible to really describe a taste but could you explain what you mean by this all ambiguous "bitter?"

The rainbows I had recently were extremely bitter and whether it's from a reagent and not the actual drug I don't think matters so much. About 40 hits have been eaten recently by highly experienced, intelligent, discerning individuals. All seem to have had typical trips.

Peace,
PL

I obtained a 6 strip in Missouri and it sounds a *lot* like DOB. I didn't take any because I wasn't in the right frame of mind but the two individuals I gave it to seemed to experience very similiar effects to those already said... tasting really "strong", 3-hour come up, absolute mindfuck, no sleep (even with 2mg of xanax), feelings of "survival" and needing days of recouperation. Both parties only took 2 hits but said they had one of the most intense trips imaginable. However, I'm not positive this is DOB as it could be any you know DOx. The blotter I got was white unperf so that doesn't help much... quite the opposite really, it fooled me into thinking it was just LSD (boy was I wrong).

When I saw that blotter I was almost POSITIVE I had seen the same blotter on Erowid in one of their image vaults. I checked the DOB vault though and it's not there. I know I have seen that type of paper before though online.

AmorRoark said:
I obtained a 6 strip in Missouri and it sounds a *lot* like DOB. I didn't take any because I wasn't in the right frame of mind but the two individuals I gave it to seemed to experience very similiar effects to those already said... tasting really "strong", 3-hour come up, absolute mindfuck, no sleep (even with 2mg of xanax), feelings of "survival" and needing days of recouperation. Both parties only took 2 hits but said they had one of the most intense trips imaginable. However, I'm not positive this is DOB as it could be any you know DOx. The blotter I got was white unperf so that doesn't help much... quite the opposite really, it fooled me into thinking it was just LSD (boy was I wrong).

Did you warn these people what you thought it may have been or did they thiunk it was acid?

As I said before, I was fooled into believing it was acid. I never suspected it being otherwise... My friend told me they were acid and I *thought* he was legit (having taken the blotter himself). He didn't tell me until after I suspected they weren't LSD that he had been questioning the same thing (deeerrr ya think 8)). As you can probably tell the dude who passed them onto me isn't very experienced. Anyway, to anwser your question I couldn't very well warn people before I had even the slightest notion myself.

Im in South Florida...I took 2 hits of white unperf. blotter with what i suspect to be DOx last night, they were very bitter and lasted over 18 hours, probably longer if I didnt go to sleep...some body aches, bad body load at times and i had a nasty headache towards the end. it was alot different than my LSD experience with alot less color and visuals than i expected and defenitely made my mind more cloudy whereas LSD seemed to make me clear headed and focused. i defenitely liked LSD alot better and dont think ill be taking DOx again

Dob

How Long does it take to start to feel the effects of dob?, also how long does the trip last. I had not had any lsd for over twenty years, & I had found some blotter last summer,(it came from the east of my counrty) it was on plain construction paper & half of it was stained blue, It was very bitter tasting, I found the first time with two hits it lasted about ten hours,

Then later when I tried it again with my partner a cpl of weeks later, She ended feeling the effects for about twelve hours then she was right out of it for at least an additional fourty eight hours. It was her first time with this so called acid, she had two hits, since thats what I had taken before & thought was quite safe I had ate four & it ended up affecting me for well over twenty four hours. it just felt like a low dose of acid to myself, I could not believe what it had done to her though she ended up missing three days of work. I was very dissappointed, since I wanted us to get high together & it ended up a disaster.

I had back in the eighties had aprox, five acid trips that never lasted for more than eight hours usally just six. So from what I described here could this be dob?, we never had any muscle cramps, or other adverse affects other than my wonderfull partner being right out of it for days, I was really concerned, & worried. The stuff I thought was just bad acid or really dirty, I sweet profusely & I could feel the load on my heart. In retrospective I was very disappointed with it since it had no real acid charecteristics to it. Like the real mystical qualitys, It just seemed to get my hyper & want to talk a lot. Any thoughts anyone. Cheers:)

It could be, then again it may not be. There is no way to guess, based on that description...or any description. YOu could also be describing DOI, or 5-MeO-AMT.

stopped getting them too much fake crap out there; really dangerous I would hate to see someone eat a 10 strip thinking it was L.S.D. When I get board sometimes I read the DEA micogram bulletins, crazy stuff heroin hockey pucks, cocaine sweaters, opium horse satles, but almost every month they have pictures and lab analysts of fake blotters. Here is a link to a random one I picked out, it is about half way down the page. Scary how much of that stuff is going around. I’m sure most of you know LSD glows under a black light so when in doubt find a black light.
http://www.dea.gov/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg1106/mg1106.html

Hi

Hi I have read many times where l.s.d. is supposed to fluoresce blue, but I can't back this up because every time I try I find it doesn't & for that matter I find the tabs not even close to the "A" I had many years ago. So which is it white or blue?