• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid blotter that is DOB. Lab analyzed. (w/ pics and spectra)

fairnymph

Bluelighter
Acid blotter that is DOB (lab analysed)

A friend gave us some supposedly 'acid' blotter (this friend, btw, is very experienced with both acid and dob, yet was pretty sure that what he had was acid).

I had it analysed in a lab (LC/MS and NMR) and discovered that it is actually DOB.

I will be taking a picture of said blotter shortly. I can also get the analysis data online if people are interested.

Just thought everyone should know. :\

Last edited:
Didn't they realize that it wasn't acid by the length of come-up, the overall length of the trip and most of al the aching muscles that DOB produces?

You would think so, wouldn't you? Personally I can't imagine how he would confuse them.

I wonder if this is related to any of the recently alleged batches of 'bromo-dragonfly' blotter.

I wonder if you had a double blind study and gave DOB and LSD whether anyone experienced in both would actually be able to give a correct identification of the drug experience.

DOB is quite dissimilar from LSD. However at high doses you could mistake a DOB experience for a very strong LSD experience.

Then again, DOB always has a grittier, more twisted undertone.

So are there sites with results for other blotters? We have some tasmanian devils going around, but apparently they're either weak LSD or another drug cause they aren't really potent

The only tested DOB blotter I know ist this one:

http://www.eve-rave.ch/drugchecking/2003.pdf

(2nd. page, the green one.) (there are some MDMA traces because the blotter were in a baggy with pills)

I tried this ones 3 times, and the experience is completly diferent than with LSD. 1/2 blotter 24h. effects. A whole blotter 36h. )

;)

although someone experienced with both drugs might consider it easy to differentiate between the two, DOB is far less common than LSD and it's important that people are made aware of this. thanks a lot fairnymph.

Last edited:
However at high doses you could mistake a DOB experience for a very strong LSD experience.

At doses above 2mg of DOB, you get the feeling that someone crept in at some point and gave you a good hiding with a cricket bat - the muscle aches are really severe (Shulgin even reported cramps). LSD never produces that sort of muscle ache, even at high doses (>500ug), so I'd say that's the definitive subjective symptom.

Slightly off topic, but DOI never produces that aching feeling, even with doses of 5mg (from talking to people, neither does DOC), so I wonder what it is about DOB that causes that ache

^^^
It's the evil bromine, I tell you! SEE! Bromine is evil! :D

Uploading and cropping the blotter pics now.

And yes, I am in the US, this blotter was obtained in CA but I do not know if that is the original source.

I wasn't sure, I just felt it was overall important to let the psychedelic community at large know that there is DOB on blotter.

I now have pics.

Front:

fairnymph

fairnymph

Back:

fairnymph

Photobucket works just fine.. You gotta right-click the picks, not the url in your browser. Or copy and paste the links beneath your pics in the main menu or whatever it is.

I did right click, I use photobucket all the time and this is the first time I've had a problem with it. Maybe it doesn't like drugs.

Anyway, behold the wondrous crappy DOB.

If you're expecting an acid trip when you take it, this stuff is going to leave you severely confused. However, the bitter taste always gives it away.

Dob is not a bad drug but I can see that if somebody chewed more than 1-2 blotters that might give them the "chills"