• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Abscess šŸ˜Æ

I'm just now catching up on everything, & yes I did remove the needle for sure! Ain't about to stab my ass like that. I do not recommend it at all by plugging. I did end up cutting it myself & it drained a lot I've never been so grossed out but I am taking antibiotics & it's so much better and relieved than it was. Risky for sure, hurt like hell. Do not recommend it to anyone

I quite enjoy seeing abscesses, boils, blackheads, cysts and the like being drained, if I were in your shoes I would be unable to resist lancing it, regardless of it being a bad idea or being painful!

Before I started IVing heroin, I plugged it and didn't suffer any health consequences related to the RoA. If you take it easy and are gentle and use lube, the risks are very small, especially compared to using a needle. Hard to say whether snorting or smoking would be more damaging. Oral is probably the safest for meth but the effects profile is pretty different compared to snorting, smoking, plugging or IVing. How long have you been using?

I quite enjoy seeing abscesses, boils, blackheads, cysts and the like being drained, if I were in your shoes I would be unable to resist lancing it, regardless of it being a bad idea or being painful!

Before I started IVing heroin, I plugged it and didn't suffer any health consequences related to the RoA. If you take it easy and are gentle and use lube, the risks are very small, especially compared to using a needle. Hard to say whether snorting or smoking would be more damaging. Oral is probably the safest for meth but the effects profile is pretty different compared to snorting, smoking, plugging or IVing. How long have you been using?

Intranasal and rectally is pretty safe if the meth is pure. If not it can be easily purified at home.

Smoking and of course IV are the least safe, with IM and subcutaneous being perhaps worse than IV.

I started with meth over anything, then I started H then I was using both. Using both had severe consequences & I have been on H for a few months now & really the only thing I take normally, the Meth was the first in a while & I ended up with the abscess. 3 other people from same batch got abscess too and none of us was around each other.

Well I never knew you could get abscesses in your asshole from plugging.
Sounds horrific. But I'm glad you are OK now @Cfmk20
Sounds like it was possibly(probably) batch related if 3 other people got one too?

Get antibiotics asap i once had one that took 6 months to heal 4 sets of antibiotics till one day it just popped if this is in your hand I wouldnt worry ive had my hand swell up for 3-4 days but always went down if its where there's actual tissue like the middle of your arm I'd definitely go the bigger they are the worse the scar

Well I never knew you could get abscesses in your asshole from plugging.
Sounds horrific. But I'm glad you are OK now @Cfmk20
Sounds like it was possibly(probably) batch related if 3 other people got one too?

I think they were talking about IV šŸ¤£

I honestly wasn't paying attention to the signs of anything starting. I thought I was dope sick & didn't think nothing of it. I tried purposely O.D. on heroin & my husband did cpr & everything so, I'm still here. After that I had to back off the dope some. I was going to try Epsom salt bath but don't know if it will make it much worse
I was just going to recommend an Epsom salts bath.

Just topical lidocaine, bactine and an exacto knife after thoroughly cleaning the area with chlorhexidine gluconate (I'm pretty sure that's the soap you're referring to). A few shots of Jaegermeister immediately prior to the lancing helped too. I left the wound open, with just a piece of dry gauze over it after applying pressure with gauze to drain the pus. The relief was amazing once the pressure was released! It actually healed fairly quickly once the pus was drained out.
How bad was it did it work and I've got to do it myself I don't have an exacto knife I don't have lidocaine I don't have back pain but I've got to do something it hurts so bad I feel like it's going to explode I don't know what to do I can't go to the emergency room please help

How bad was it did it work and I've got to do it myself I don't have an exacto knife I don't have lidocaine I don't have back pain but I've got to do something it hurts so bad I feel like it's going to explode I don't know what to do I can't go to the emergency room please help

@Anonymous Dissident was pretty lucky to escape sepsis in his DIY approach. Itā€™s not to be recommended as an appropriate approach to harm reduction except perhaps in the absolute absence of any qualified medical expertise.

You MUST seek professional medical help either from ER or GP. There is no way to safely self-treat in this situation - especially without access to anti-biotics.

Why exactly canā€™t you go to the ER?

@Anonymous Dissident was pretty lucky to escape sepsis in his DIY approach. Itā€™s not to be recommended as an appropriate approach to harm reduction except perhaps in the absolute absence of any qualified medical expertise.

You MUST seek professional medical help either from ER or GP. There is no way to safely self-treat in this situation - especially without access to anti-biotics.

Why exactly canā€™t you go to the ER?
I just canā€™t Iā€™ve got anabioticā€™s I can take but I would just now be starting him Iā€™m freaking out Iā€™m all by myself I donā€™t have anyone I can call to help me Really scared

What do you mean ā€œi just canā€™tā€? Even in America people can go to the ER with drug-related complications safely and without risk of legal consequences.

What do you mean ā€œi just canā€™tā€? Even in America people can go to the ER with drug-related complications safely and without risk of legal consequences.
Thanks but youā€™re not really helping me by arguing with me about the emergency room so donā€™t donā€™t respond anymore please

Not arguing mate. Just giving you the harm reduction facts of life and trying to understand your circumstances enoug to give sensible advice - which is what this site is for. If you simply want to wallow online in your self-inflicted misery and seek sympathy while risking sepsis and your life you can do that too.

I just canā€™t Iā€™ve got anabioticā€™s I can take but I would just now be starting him Iā€™m freaking out Iā€™m all by myself I donā€™t have anyone I can call to help me Really scared

What's the problem exactly?

Not arguing mate. Just giving you the harm reduction facts of life and trying to understand your circumstances enoug to give sensible advice - which is what this site is for. If you simply want to wallow online in your self-inflicted misery and seek sympathy while risking sepsis and your life you can do that too.
Iā€™m not seeking sympathy and seeking advice because I cannot go to the emergency room and that is what this site is for itā€™s not for you to harass me itā€™s for me to get help not sympathy so mind your own business if you donā€™t have any help to offer please this is fucking ridiculous the one time I actually need help and I have to deal with someone like you no thank you

Iā€™m not seeking sympathy and seeking advice because I cannot go to the emergency room and that is what this site is for itā€™s not for you to harass me itā€™s for me to get help not sympathy so mind your own business if you donā€™t have any help to offer please this is fucking ridiculous the one time I actually need help and I have to deal with someone like you no thank you

No need to get hysterical. No one is harassing you. Just explain exactly what the problem is and there will be plenty of advice - though naturally some people wanting to help, such as myself, may ask clarifying questions such as why you can't go to the ER or even see a GP. If you are not clear about your circumstances or obfuscate in your answers then it is difficult for anyone to offer you sensible advice. My understanding is that you have an infected and very swollen abscess from IV but for some reason you cannot or will not seek medical attention (which is what 99% of people here are going to recommend to you - not just me) however you do have some unknown antibiotics. You have not even posted any photos of what the situation looks like or described your symptoms in detail.

If anyone thinks that's enough information to give you ethically sound advice on self-treatment in what is potentially a life threatening situation then they are an idiot.

I have had IV absesses and therefore have some knowledge of their risks and treatment that I would like to share with you - but I need to understand precisely what your situation is to know what is the best thing to advise.

What advice do you want exactly? How to lance and clean the abscess yourself? You risk making things worse if you do that improperly.

Without a professional assessment of the extent of the infection and very likely a cleaning out of the abscess and any necrotic material that might have developed the only thing you can do is take your unknown antibiotics and pray for the best.

[USER=525937]@Atelier3 is right. I did get extremely lucky that I escaped a more severe infection when I landed my own abscess. It's not something that I would do again, regardless of my insurance status. With an abscess on top of my thigh, I was able to easily see what I was doing, and though the lidocaine and jagermeister took the edge off, applying sufficient pressure to drain the wound nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, but please reconsider getting actual medical help. It's the only responsible approach one can take in a situation like this...

Thanks but youā€™re not really helping me by arguing with me about the emergency room so donā€™t donā€™t respond anymore please

Well, it's a valid question you're being asked. Why can't you go to an ER? It would help to understand, because no one here should be giving you advice on how to harm yourself with do-it-yourself lancing advice if at all possible to avoid.

We just want to help you in the best and safest way possible, so the more information you can provide the better.

Lanced abscesses need completely sterile equipment and you will need to understand how to pack the abscess afterwards, because you can easily give yourself a blood infection, sepsis or endocarditis without correct treatment.

Last edited: