• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Abscess 😯

Cfmk20

Bluelighter
Hey everyone!! It's been a while since I've hopped on here. I have a major abscess from shot of meth. Does anyone at all have at home shit I can use to help?

What's going on your username sounds familiar anyway i think you should get it checked out if it's major.

But just curious - how big is it?

I have a major abscess from shot of meth.

How long since your shot? How major? If it is an actual absces you are definitely going to need antibiotics and possibly having it drained by a doctor. Infection and you could lose your arm or worse - go to the ER.

I was posting a lot on here! I actually did go to the Dr & they gave me antibiotics for a prescription but no where at all was open. They would not Lance it & it's pretty big & hard as a rock. I tried lancing it myself to ease the pressure. I've never in my life had an abscess like this. I was taking a lot shots of meth & heroin & I unfortunately used the same rig bc I wasn't able to change it. I actually had to plug my shot 😬 & that is where I have the abscess

It's in such a horrible spot! I can't hardly move. I've tried Benadryl cream which made it so much worse & I'm staying so sick to my stomach

I was posting a lot on here! I actually did go to the Dr & they gave me antibiotics for a prescription but no where at all was open. They would not Lance it & it's pretty big & hard as a rock. I tried lancing it myself to ease the pressure. I've never in my life had an abscess like this. I was taking a lot shots of meth & heroin & I unfortunately used the same rig bc I wasn't able to change it. I actually had to plug my shot 😬 & that is where I have the abscess

If you have a major rectal abscess, you might want to find a Dr. that will lance it and pack it with gauze and antibiotics. Seriously.

Sorry for the detail but It is absolutely on my ass basically & super hard to kinda see what's going on down there so I just took pictures so I could see it. It's looking like a hole but hard as a rock I figured it would not be so hard if it's draining. It's is the most fuckin painful thing I've ever delt with.

I honestly wasn't paying attention to the signs of anything starting. I thought I was dope sick & didn't think nothing of it. I tried purposely O.D. on heroin & my husband did cpr & everything so, I'm still here. After that I had to back off the dope some. I was going to try Epsom salt bath but don't know if it will make it much worse

I've drained abscesses on my left leg myself (not drug related. A spider bite that got uber-infected), but I would still consider medical attention if the antibiotics don't start helping fast...

I've drained abscesses on my left leg myself (not drug related. A spider bite that got uber-infected), but I would still consider medical attention if the antibiotics don't start helping fast...
Did you use any kind of ointment or anything? Keep it open or try to bandage? I'm a bit of a idiot. Right now I've got like non-stick gauze to help catch any draining & keep it from sticking to my other side.

I had an abscess on my leg and right in my ass crack last time I relapsed heavy IV. May have been mrsa. Now every time I shoot Up I get a weird rash by the injection sight and the sores start to return. This is 2yrs after they originally healed. What the he'll is this and why do I get it every time I inject. Not complaining because amongst other reasons it keeps me from partaking but I am still a bit intrigued to hear if anyone else has experienced such a thing.

I had an abscess on my leg and right in my ass crack last time I relapsed heavy IV. May have been mrsa. Now every time I shoot Up I get a weird rash by the injection sight and the sores start to return. This is 2yrs after they originally healed. What the he'll is this and why do I get it every time I inject. Not complaining because amongst other reasons it keeps me from partaking but I am still a bit intrigued to hear if anyone else has experienced such a thing.
There is a soap to get a Dr to prescribe you, it kills any staph etc on your skin & you aren't supposed to catch shit like that as much. If you can't I was told to try saysylic acid 2% it's a soap over the counter that's supposed to help

There is a soap to get a Dr to prescribe you, it kills any staph etc on your skin & you aren't supposed to catch shit like that as much. If you can't I was told to try saysylic acid 2% it's a soap over the counter that's supposed to help

I think it is reoccurring staph but only seems to happen when I inject. Same exact scars that healed 2yrs ago start to slowly become sores again.

I would try that soap for sure to see if it helps. I've never had it to me like that personally but I was told we all have staph on our skin & some people can be very high catching it. Maybe like the needle poking through your skin and into your vein might expose it to staph from your skin causing it to do you that way. Completely a theory though.

But if it is that causing it, if the soap clears your skin it should lessen your risk of getting a infection by injection.

I would try that soap for sure to see if it helps. I've never had it to me like that personally but I was told we all have staph on our skin & some people can be very high catching it. Maybe like the needle poking through your skin and into your vein might expose it to staph from your skin causing it to do you that way. Completely a theory though.

Yeah... It's real weird that it reinfects the same healed sores no where near the injection site. I'll just stick with not shooting up. Only attempted twice in 2yrs and both times it happened.

Getting too old to be fucking off anyways. I'll stick to my kava and herb.

Yeah... It's real weird that it reinfects the same healed sores no where near the injection site. I'll just stick with not shooting up. Only attempted twice in 2yrs and both times it happened.
Yeah I completely understand! Not shooting is a great ideal. I've had myself bruised all to hell so many times, & people look at me like I'm trash but it's something I still crave & hopefully don't forever. I did research Normally infection like mrsa goes to the same spots

Did you use any kind of ointment or anything? Keep it open or try to bandage? I'm a bit of a idiot. Right now I've got like non-stick gauze to help catch any draining & keep it from sticking to my other side.

Just topical lidocaine, bactine and an exacto knife after thoroughly cleaning the area with chlorhexidine gluconate (I'm pretty sure that's the soap you're referring to). A few shots of Jaegermeister immediately prior to the lancing helped too. I left the wound open, with just a piece of dry gauze over it after applying pressure with gauze to drain the pus. The relief was amazing once the pressure was released! It actually healed fairly quickly once the pus was drained out.