• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Abscess 😯

I hab
Just topical lidocaine, bactine and an exacto knife after thoroughly cleaning the area with chlorhexidine gluconate (I'm pretty sure that's the soap you're referring to). A few shots of Jaegermeister immediately prior to the lancing helped too. The relief was amazing once the pressure was released!
I have none of that, I can definitely stock up on that stuff tho & try to keep it as clean as possible. I stupidly tried lancing with zero medicine, so painful & I made it worse. Not much at all helps with my pain except my H. I hadn't had any since I did this yet. I've fucked myself up by trying stuff with no knowledge

I hab

I have none of that, I can definitely stock up on that stuff tho & try to keep it as clean as possible. I stupidly tried lancing with zero medicine, so painful & I made it worse. Not much at all helps with my pain except my H. I hadn't had any since I did this yet. I've fucked myself up by trying stuff with no knowledge

Given the location of your abscess, I'd still highly recommend you seek medical treatment. Mine was on my leg, in a highly visible place, thus easy to deal with. I can't even imagine the contortionist act required with mirrors and a razor blade to do the job yourself.

Also, my leg isn't a part of my body in regular contact with fecal matter, whereas yours will be exposed to fecal matter constantly. Best of luck in this endeavor, but please reconsider doing it yourself...

Given the location of your abscess, I'd still highly recommend you seek medical treatment. Mine was on my leg, in a highly visible place, thus easy to deal with. I can't even imagine the contortionist act required with mirrors and a razor blade to do the job yourself.

Also, my leg isn't a part of my body in regular contact with fecal matter, whereas yours will be exposed to fecal matter constantly. Best of luck in this endeavor, but please reconsider doing it yourself...
I went to the Dr and they wouldn't Lance it. Which I really don't understand why bc the pressure is so intense

If they don’t lance it it’s for a reason I would hope. The fact it’s in a delicate place would make me think they don’t want to risk lancing it and having you have bowel movements which could cause it to become infected more.

please go and get the prescription of antibiotics. This should help it a lot. You’re gonna have to be very careful with the abscess in mean time and if the antibiotics do nothing go back to ER and tell them.

Lancing it yourself it’s an awful idea, putting creams on it is also not recommended. If you can get a little donut pillow use it to sit down with or just sit on your side to not put pressure on it.

Your idea of a nice warm bath with some Epsom salts is a good one. That should ease it a bit for sure.

Please look after yourself and take the antibiotics.

Editing to add: it goes without saying that you need to keep the area super clean if you can. Anytime you go to the toilet make sure you’re wiping down properly.

I'm a little bit confused by what actually happened. The OP says she PLUGGED the meth not injected it. How do you get an abscess from plugging - unless poking about in the ass with a needle for some reason. What am I missing?

Also, I'm genuinely sympathetic regarding whatever has happened and hope you recover quickly. Keep everything super clean and get those antibiotics asap.

EDIT: regarding plugging meth, which i've done a few times when unable to find a vein, I've always worried that super caustic meth would inflame the membranes in my ass in some way. The way it fucks up my arm veins makes we wonder what it might be doing down there where I can't see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm slightly perplexed as to how you gave yourself an abscess plugging. You removed the needle first, right? Where exactly is it located? Internal or external? Directly on your sphincter? Did you use excessive force on the syringe or not use any lube and thus caused a cut or something that became infected? Usually an abscess requires a puncture wound.

You would be better to forgo using toilet paper and use water and mechanical means to clean yourself until it has healed some more. Since you're unlikely to have a bidet or a "bum gun", you can improvise with a bottle of water. It will be much more hygienic and probably less painful. You simply pour the water down the small of your back with one hand and clean with the other. It seems barbaric by western standards, but as long as you wash your hands very well after, is actually more hygienic and the cold water can help with the pain

I'm a little bit confused by what actually happened. The OP says she PLUGGED the meth not injected it. How do you get an abscess from plugging - unless poking about in the ass with a needle for some reason. What am I missing?

Also, I'm genuinely sympathetic regarding whatever has happened and hope you recover quickly. Keep everything super clean and get those antibiotics asap.
You get anal abscesses from infection of fissures or anal glands. Sticking stuff up your butt can irritate the lining which for sure can cause an abscess. You don’t need to stick a needle in your ass to get one. They are more common than you’d think.

You get anal abscesses from infection of fissures or anal glands. Sticking stuff up your butt can irritate the lining which for sure can cause an abscess. You don’t need to stick a needle in your ass to get one. They are more common than you’d think.

That makes me think plugging may not be as much harm reduction as I thought...

Yeah I figured that's what happened, too little lube or too much force, but I wanted to be sure, just in case it the needle wasn't removed

That makes me think plugging may not be as much harm reduction as I thought...
Well it’s a lot better than using a needle. Honestly, as common as it is, it’s also easily treated. If the OP had got the antibiotics at the time and started them it would have resolved much quicker. You can’t mess about with infection, especially in such a delicate area. A dr won’t lance an abscess if you aren’t taking antibiotics usually. The risk factor for it becoming much worse is pretty high due to the area it’s in.

Lancing that abscess would be a very risky thing to do. As others have said, the wound would be exposed to fecal material, and then will become even more infected than it already is.

Bottom line, you're going to have to take your antibiotics and wait for the swelling and pressure to go down. Get them filled asap.

I'm just now catching up on everything, & yes I did remove the needle for sure! Ain't about to stab my ass like that. I do not recommend it at all by plugging. I did end up cutting it myself & it drained a lot I've never been so grossed out but I am taking antibiotics & it's so much better and relieved than it was. Risky for sure, hurt like hell. Do not recommend it to anyone

I'm just now catching up on everything, & yes I did remove the needle for sure! Ain't about to stab my ass like that. I do not recommend it at all by plugging. I did end up cutting it myself & it drained a lot I've never been so grossed out but I am taking antibiotics & it's so much better and relieved than it was. Risky for sure, hurt like hell. Do not recommend it to anyone
Please in future don’t lance something like this. Let the antibiotics do their work. I know it’s painful but the risk of you developing an even worse infection are so high. You really don’t want to know what happens with infection causing necrosis of anal tissue and what that would leave you with.

Keep the area clean, monitor it well and if you see anything or feel anything off go to dr again. Best of luck.

If it gets warm to the touch or you start seeing red streaks coming off of it, or develop a fever, you will need to get to an ER immediately. Lancing it by yourself is playing with fire, especially if I understand correctly and feces may be a concern for contamination due to it's location. At least you are taking the oral antibiotics though, right?

You really don’t want to know what happens with infection causing necrosis of anal tissue and what that would leave you with.

That would be getting off easy - blood infection, sepsis, septic shock, endocarditis, etc. are all very real possibilities.

Definitely a lesson learned. I'm never lancing anything again I have a severe weak stomach! & I will never in my life bump meth. My husband & sister is a paramedic & I've learned all kinds of medical stuff. I have been extremely suicidal, so I didn't care at all what happened with the risk. Finally tho everything is clearing up pretty good. Lancing it helped a lot. No one with common sense would ever try this that's for sure.