• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A Quote Thread....

"As long as you consider any dream to be reality you are not yet a Master, just a dreamer of one drama after another. Masters are not dreamers—as they know what is real and what is not."

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu

I like the metaphor of "laboratory,"

There is therefore no reason to put a limit to evolutionary possibility by taking our present organization or status of existence as final. The animal is a laboratory in which Nature has worked out man; Man may very well be a laboratory in which she wills to work out superman, to disclose the soul as a divine being, to evolve a divine nature.

The ascent to the divine Life is the human journey, the Work of works, the acceptable Sacrifice. This alone is man's real business in the world and the justification of his existence, without which he would only be an insect crawling among the ephemeral insects on a spec of surface mud and water which has managed to form itself amid the appalling immensities of the physical universe.

Sri Aurobindo

I am thankful for those who said no to me, its because of them that I'm doing if myself - ALBERT Einstein

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ― Mae West

I regard religion as humanity’s supreme and most important concern, but I think the word ‘God’, as currently employed, about the emptiest, hollowest and most repetitious word in the language. Saying you believe in God is about the most gratuitous utterance you can make. Belief in God is an inference from one’s action and life; if we show love and integrity we are tooted in the Divine, whatever we say. We can even say we are freethinkers and atheists and still be rooted in God. Or we can invoke God until we are blue in the face, but if we go off in our actual life on a totally different basis, what good is the assertion?

H. Slonimsky

Just read in a post from Herbavore, not sure if original or a quote from elsewhere, but her wisdom in repeating it is undeniable.

'Connecting our suffering to all suffering is the path to healing.'

“Being raised in an unstable household makes you understand that the world doesn’t exist to accommodate you, which… is something a lot of people struggle to understand well into their adulthood. It makes you realize how quickly a situation can shift, how danger really is everywhere. But crises when they occur, do not catch you off guard; you have never believed you lived under a shelter of some essential benevolence. And an unstable childhood makes you appreciate calmness and not crave excitement.”

— Curtis Sittenfeld

"Show thankfulness and appreciation to everyone who helps you. Love comes from God. He who loves you is a transmitter of God's Love. Someone may brag that he has done you a favour, that he has done you good. He is not telling the truth. There exists in the world One alone who can love you."

- Peter Deunov

Last edited:
“What I could have told you was if you went on an adventure, you wouldn’t have been any worse off than you were if you didn’t. You could have died any second no matter where you were on the island. There were no guarantees. Being alive at all was the adventure. New places or not, it was all the same risk and all that was ever at stake was private property. What you owned was weight like any old piece of meat. No one enforced private ownership. It was free.”
– Faven Sinqaf

This is just a well-known Christian hymn, but can have great power when you're in a dark place, and I've seen people making use of it to comfort and give strength to themselves when they were in some horrible situation or knew they were going to die.

The simplest and most known can be just effective as the more esoteric or Eastern style kinds, and I've found it can calm me down and get me out of dark places. Seems good for depression particularly. My impression is that it heals by inspirering a faith and trust in God's providence, but this is true for many of the old Christian hymns.

So just to get some of that out of the way:

The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

He makes me lie down in green pastures

He leads by the still waters

He restores my soul

He leads me down the paths of righteousness for his name's sake

Yea, even as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I will fear no evil because You Lord are with me

Your rod and your staff they comfort me and make me feel safe

You prepare a table before me in front of my enemies

You anoint my head with oil

My cup runneth over

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever

And of course the famous prayer Jesus taught us never loses its power when used with sincerity:

Our Father

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us each day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For the Kingdom is Yours
And the power and glory
Forever

Just a few words about how I make use of these kind of prayers. What I don't do is just proclaim them once and expect for a miracle to happen like a child would. They have no value if they are just empty words, and there are many who just experience them as empty words if they haven't learned to use them as a means to reach higher levels of consciousness and receive beneficial energies.

They can actually be used as a kind of mantra. It's more like I go into a meditative or trance-like state where I meditate on the words as I repat them again and again until I start feeling some higher or healing form of energy. So pretty much like other forms of meditations, but I like to meditate on words.

I realise this isn't exactly what many have in mind for songs and mantras that can lead to spiritual upliftment, but don't completely ignore what is in your own backyard.

Last edited:
Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

-Kahlil Gibran

"And I used to fly like Peter Pan, all the children flew when I touched their hands"

- Thom Yorke

“To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.”
― Lao Tzu

"God asks, 'Can you love Me after all suffering? If you can love Me, your love is true. But if you can love me only after I have given you the greatest bounty - this is natural.' ""

- Peter Deunov

PastelQuoteCited

"20 years ago we used archaic explanations for the mind like pumps and valves. Now we know the mind is buil on systems like a computer. You can upload a program and update experiences." -Timothy Leary

Please Merge with the Quote thread. i appreciate it.