• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids A question about methadone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to be helpful or are you trying to put this person down?if this is supposed to be some kind of life changing pep-talk, I'd stop because it is coming across more like thick passive-aggression.

Nobody is "better" than anybody else here. If you consider addiction to be an issue of character and not something that anybody can experience, I'm not even sure why you're here.

We get enough or the

"Just look at yourself"

"Fix it"

"Pull yourself up by the bootstraps"

People turn to use often for both knowledge and for emotional support that they often cant find elsewhere in their lives. Please consider this fact.
This person is not trying to help at all, he has only been attacking me since I wrote in this thread, I do not think that what the written ah defines him as a person, the only thing that I know, is an asshole
Wishdoctor if you don't have anything good to add you shouldn't be in the forum, if people like me enter they will probably be afraid to write here when they see things like this

Last edited:
I think maybe he is racist, now you see? I'm doing what you do, judge without knowing anything
it bothered him that I didn't speak his language

@Keif' Richards
Hey, is there any way I can block this person? my anxiety is so bad that her damn comments made me really bad and irritable

and I would not like to simply follow this conversation with him, I know he will return, he will write something that will frustrate me again

I understand where both parties could have valid points here, but at the end of the day, it will be better for all of us to forget about this. Reel in the aggression.

Nico, like Sekio said, there is definitely a function for that. This is the last thing that we want.

My posting on this thread was in response to the OP asking about boiling the spit they'd obtained from a person on MMT, like there's an active market in spit to get high. It seemed like juvenile trolling because the very next thing posted was about the prevalence of injecting toilet water. It's dumb stories like these that keep many people from even considering going on MMT.

As I explained and as others have said, takehome bottles have a tamper seal and there's a million ways to get a sealed bottle of a person's takehome doses or to walk out of the clinic with the paper cup holding some of dose, so it's preposterous to take the idea seriously of there being an active trade of people spitting out some saliva and selling it to people who want to get high. What about blood transfusions and people on MMT selling their blood for the methadone it contains? Yeah, right.

It's dumb stereotypes like those make many people feel that the stigma of being on MMT is so strong that they''d rather be dead than be getting methadone from a clinic. Well that's pretty stupid because a well-run clinic with stable clients who have steady jobs who are staying clean for periods of years and earning the takehomes without any subterfuge or tricks could be a tremendous benefit to those clients who no longer worry about running out or getting busted or ripped off or poisoned or overdosed and even if they're taken to hospital in an ambulance or taken to jail in handcuffs they don't need to worry about being in withdrawals.

But not everyone is a good candidate for MMT. When they did research to look at who did well, who did best on MMT they always found the same result. The people who did best were the older clients, and among those the people who did the absolute best were clients with steady jobs and family situations, all around stable and always older. Young people, single, unemployed and especially young poly-drug users, those were almost always constantly missing clinic and having dirty UAs and were there mostly to get loaded on days they couldn't score, well, surprise surprise, the people who did well were almost always older, at least in their 40s. People in their 20s hardly ever did that well. Teenagers, no way, Jose, they don't do well at all on methadone.

If you don't want to read my posts stop replying to them and put me on ignore.

As far as creating your own methadone or buprenorphine maintenance program and DIY do it yourself outpatient opiate maintenance, which was described here and I dissed it, here's why.

While there's a lot of truth in the old saying that only a fool has themself for their lawyer, a physician could very well be their own best possible doctor, because they know themselves better than anyone else could. But the being your own doctor breaks down when it comes to prescribing drugs like opiates especially on a long-term basis when the doctor is physically dependent. State laws make that illegal unless it's a short-term Rx for an emergency.

If someone is unable to get the meds they need from a doctor for pain relief, for whatever reason, and they have the 12 past months of physical dependence, all I'm saying here is that going on MMT is worth investigating, just to find out like if there are any nearby clinics, what are they like, how much would it cost, if there are state laws making it more restrictive than the federal regulations, etc. etc. You can tell a lot about a place by just hanging out on the sidewalk smoking some cigarettes and sharing them with the people who are also there for one reason or another. Maybe the illegal lockdown and local laws make that a problem, but maybe not. Maybe all you'll do is look in the phone book or online to find the nearest clinic and that's it. No harm in that.

This thread seems to be turning into a shitstorm and I think it has run its course. There have been valid points raised by both sides but I think it would be wise to close things down now. If anyone has any issues with this please feel free to PM either myself or any of the BDD mods.

Have a nice day now...

Status
Not open for further replies.