• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids A question about methadone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello this is my first post.
My question is as follows
A friend of a friend wants to know if liquid methadone (methadose) will be ruined if boiled? The situation is that this guy was given 400 mg of spit back methadone. ( a dose spit in a bottle after leaving the clinic). He wants to know the best way to disinfect and or kill any germs or bacteria or viruses in this methadone without degrading the quality or lowering the potency?

I'd appreciate any help or answers to this as the guy is concerned about any pathogens in the liquid and doesn't wanna take a chance catching anything from the spit in the methadone. Thank you very much ahead of time for your help

I would probably just mix it with high-proof alcohol and let it sit for a few minutes. I dont actually know what the most advantageous sanitization method would be actually.

As a hard and fast rule, I've never bought Methadone syrup without opening the bottle and breaking the seal myself. If you trust the person it shouldn't be a problem, everyone else will jack you in some fashion with the Methadone syrup. It is just too easy.

I've never even gotten caught by the actual Methadone clinic when I refill and repackage my take homes with a little bit of windex and water. My point is that trust is really important here.

I'm just guessing now but it seems to me that MAYBE you're not even physically dependent on opiates, and certainly less than a year of physical dependence, and if that's the case, they've done the opposite of their intent and "primed" you to crave methadone.

Okay .. let me tell you that you're an idiot, how can you suppose I'm not physically dependent? Was it my obligation to tell you how long I have been taking opiates and was it necessary for me to tell you the doses I was taking? You are a jerk, I have had horrible withdrawals for the damn use of all those drugs, and that I have had to use to feel "normal" is not a physical dependency?

In the US to go on MMT you'd need to be at least 18 and physically dependent on opiates for all the previous twelve months, meaning physical withdrawals on cessation and daily usage whenever you have them. Daily use of tramadol and codeine could be self-medicating for depression and anxiety. Tramadol can have strong SSRI effects. And I've always found codeine to relieve my "depression" and anxiety and obsessiveness.
So you assume that this is not my case?
I do not want to argue with someone about whether I am experiencing an addiction, I know it is, and I know that it is also a physical dependency for everything I feel in my body when I do not use it.
According to the shit that you speak, then if I could enter MMT, I have a physical dependency of more than a year obviously, I have horrible withdrawals when I do not consume, I have 21 and a 3-year-old son that I must support with this damn addiction and with this short age..
I feel like you're a shitty person assuming from the lives of others, I haven't read all the shit you wrote, but it makes me really mad that I question an addiction like that, you're really a jerk
I love bluelight, I have met very good people here and many things here have saved my life, but go fuck yourself wishdoctor79

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Nicocastillo7, post: 14814707, member: 526300
Okay, this is embarrassing, codeine and tramadol are prescription drugs here, but tramadol is available from veterinarians without a prescription, here we have veterinary pills of 75mg and 80mg, so can you understand the abuse of this for so long? Codeine is available in pharmacies a presentation with 30mg of codeine and 500mg of acetaminophen (I have always removed this) and this presentation of codeine is available without a prescription, now you understand?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, now I understand the level of your drug use and it's now very clear that if you were in US that MMT would be something you'd be investigating by finding any clinics nearby. Absolutely yes, you'd qualify and enrolling in a well-run clinic could be the best decision you ever made because being on methadone and taking only prescribed drugs could give you peace, health, and happiness. By being assured a daily supply with no legal risks it simplifies everything else and removes the constant worry of being ripped off, or being arrested, poisoned, overdose, whatever. In my city and most of the state a person taken by ambulance to hospital could have their enrollment in methadone verified before they even arrive there, and their dosing in hospital is assured, and though it takes a bit longer the same true if a person was arrested and held in jail, but in most of the US that wouldn't be so and people in both hospitals and jails could be suffering withdrawals.

It might not look as pretty but if you're using a machine translator to write your posts it'd be easier to get the full impact of your words if you wrote them yourself rather than through a machine. And maybe you'd assumed that i'd read your other posts here. But i've been trying to provide helpful information not just to you but also people in the future who find this thread.

I don't think it's a good idea for you to be continuing with this daily usage of tramadol and codeine both at doses higher than they're ordinarily prescribed. The tramadol especially can be dangerous with a seizure disorder that becomes life-threatening if the person keeps using high-dose tramadol despite the seizures. Maybe it's a combination of drugs causing those seizures because it happened mostly in poly-drug abusers but it's been a while since I looked at the reports. I know that India used to be a very big source for mail order tramadol with tablets containing 200 mg and 225 mg but then India cracked down and made it a controlled substance. With an emergency order to veterinary suppliers that supply could disappear with little warning.

You have a serious situation with that level of drug use, processing tablets to take 300 mg codeine and taking as much as an 80mg Oxycodone EP which I'm assuming you writing it the way you did is that you swallow the EP tablets whole instead of grinding them and dissolving in soda to drink it. Anyway, the big green meanies, OxyContin 80, were always a sign of a serious drug user. If you can separate the codeine out of those 30/500 then the next step would often be grinding up the Oxy pills and pushing it through a sub-micron filter to make an injectable solution.

There has to be reasons why you began this drug use and reasons for the dose escalation. I don't think it would be a good idea to be trying to find someone on the internet to be helping you with understanding all that stuff and helping you and guide you in accomplishing whatever changes you decide to make.

You need someone there in person to help you through all this.

If I were you in a country with no MMT I'd be looking into residential inpatient treatment programs because using tramadol together with codeine in those doses makes it all very complicated.

Everything throughout the world is now being destroyed by the government orders that make no sense. If you're forced into lockdown then nothing of the expected resources might be there for you. In the US there's a growing recognition that the lockdown orders are causing great harm with no benefits. I believe this is an intentional destruction underway that will cause great suffering, food shortages, famine and rioting all to be happening as if following a script. This now seems to be the rise of the Anti-Christ as world ruler for our enslavement by communism signaled by making it illegal to have church worship on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Hardly anyone complained that they canceled church and made church attendance a crime. This is the greatest evil imaginable taking control of the world. Not a good time to be finding a strong support system to help you with a very heavy burden from your opiate usage. Because the corona-virus was weak the panic is dissipating so maybe they have a new disease they'll be unleashing like a new kind of smallpox or another deadly disease. Then people all over will be killing themselves en masse.

Last edited:
If I were you in a country with no MMT I'd be looking into residential inpatient treatment programs because using tramadol in those doses makes it all very complicated and the legal availability might be irresistable temptation.

You have a child to take care of. And you can't really be a good parent when you have this level of opiate usage.
I will not take other opiates again, the reason for increasing my dose was because my tolerance increased a lot after several months, I do not recommend taking doses as high as myself, I am also dependent on benzos, legitimately prescribed also does 4 years, so I have been safe from seizures.
I will continue with the methadone for a while, then I will reduce the dose as the doctor indicates and I will switch to kratom for a while. Why had I questioned my addiction? When I showed my mother what you wrote, she said, "I wish it were true that you are not physically dependent"

Last edited:
If I were you in a country with no MMT I'd be looking into residential inpatient treatment programs because using tramadol in those doses makes it all very complicated and the legal availability might be irresistable temptation.

You have a child to take care of. And you can't really be a good parent when you have this level of opiate usage.

Please take it easy with the globalizing statements dude. I'm not saying that it is your intent, but consider the fact that most people would be extremely offended by a stranger insulting their relationship with their children.

I'm just saying, you might be making permanent enemies unnecessarily. I dont agree that you cant be a "good" parent and use drugs. It just isn't true. You can surely say that addiction often leads to bad parenting, but not all addicts are bad parents.

Addiction isn't really something that can be measured in the way that is being described. You dont even necessarily need a positive drug test to begin MMT in the Unitrd States. It is different from clinic to clinic but my understanding is that there is nothing required to initiate treatment aside from a self-reported Opioid-use disorder.

"Addiction isn't really something that can be measured in the way that is being described."

Oh boy. Please familiarize yourself with the context before complaining and judging what was said in one post judged in isolation all by itself.

It was 10 days of back and forth before the very serious nature of the opiate usage problem was revealed. Go back and read entire thread because after ten days of me thinking the poster might possibly be a child, not yet 18, living with parent under parental control, with only slight drug usage, we learned otherwise. Sharply otherwise. The poster in another country writing using machine translation asked questions that couldn't be answered unless more information was provided and there was some frustration on both sides. I did not want to be encouraging what might well be a teenager with limited opiate experience to be thinking about long term methadone maintenance by encouraging them to be taking methadone because it's especially difficult to quit methadone as compared to other mu agonists. I was puzzled because it seemed maybe unduly liberal on the part of the prescribing doctor to be using methadone for the medication-assisted detox underway if it was in fact a child.

You very clearly don't know anything about the eligibility requirements for MMT in the US. For beginning MMT, ever since the 70s, it's required there be a documented basis from physical exam and/or history that there be present opiate dependence and such opiate dependence has been present through at least the entire 12 prior months. For Suboxone/Subutex, only 30 days of opiate dependence need be claimed. You are correct that there is no requirement for a positive drug test, but some kind of drug testing is most definitely required, and if it fails to show opiate usage there needs to be some documented reason to explain the negative test.

When I began MMT in 2014 they did a simple 5-panel cup test right there in the clinic and it was negative for opiates and everything else but i had with me a pharmacy bottle in my name with methadone tablets and methadone doesn't trigger the pee cup test for opiates, all of which was entered into my admission notes. So they "verified" my opiate usage by seeing tablets in the bottle, but I also had proof of being on Suboxone for 8 years and before that being on MMT at that very same clinic in 2005, so it wasn't like I'd just woken up one day and decided to go on MMT without being an opiate user.

The clinic risks felony prosecution if they become a sort of pill mill where they advertise that they'll take anyone who can pay their fees and go on methadone for as long as they want. That has happened, usually with some behind the scenes deals to accept a "transfer" from another clinic where the prior records are faked, because a patient enrolled at one clinic with takehomes can transfer to a different clinic and keep their takehome status. That'd be worth a tidy sum to set someone up with getting the maximum 27 takehomes right off the bat by paying the clinic owner what they asked.

Yes, aside from gross malfeasance like faked transfers, admission varies across clinics and probably the most significant issue now would be whether kratom is considered an opiate. Some clinics might want such clients and others might not want them. Methadone is not an opiate, chemically, and neither is kratom.

It was 10 days of back and forth before the very serious nature of the opiate usage problem was revealed. Go back and read entire thread because after ten days of me thinking the poster might possibly be a child, not yet 18, living with parent under parental control, with only slight drug usage, we learned otherwise. Sharply otherwise. The poster in another country writing using machine translation asked questions that couldn't be answered unless more information was provided and there was some frustration on both sides. I did not want to be encouraging what might well be a teenager with limited opiate experience to be thinking about long term methadone maintenance by encouraging them to be taking methadone because it's especially difficult to quit methadone as compared to other mu agonists. I was puzzled because it seemed maybe unduly liberal on the part of the prescribing doctor to be using methadone for the medication-assisted detox underway if it was in fact a child.
Actually the thread was not published by me, and the question I asked about methadone was towards people with whom I had already spoken in threads that I did where I spoke about my drug use and how old I am, you just appeared and questioned everything that I am, and as my mother said "I wish it were true that you are not physically dependent" I am not a bad father, I know that my son loves me and I want to get away from this life of opiate abuse because at any moment I can suffer an OD fatal or anything else for my consumption and I do not want to leave a child without his father, I am not a bad father and I do not plan to be, you thought that I was under 18 years old and that I did not know drugs at all, I had to tell you everything that I have taken and in what dose so that you understand that it is a real problem, but you judged me without knowing anything about me
And I did not tell you about my use of other things, you would realize that the problem is more serious than it already seems, do not judge people that way next time

You thought I created this thread?

If I had created the thread, I would have put all the information, but I had to do it because a random one comes to tell me that I don't know anything, that I am maintained by my mother and that I am a child, yes, maybe I am not an old man like you, But believe me, the years don't make you better What is the problem that a machine uses to translate from my language in a more comfortable way?

Last edited:
Please take it easy with the globalizing statements dude. I'm not saying that it is your intent, but consider the fact that most people would be extremely offended by a stranger insulting their relationship with their children.
I was really offended by this person, maybe because I use a personal photo and I look 15 years old and I really have 21 and a very serious history of drug use, but he only spoke shit and questioned my drug use without knowing me at all I am not even the owner of the thread

I will not take other opiates again, the reason for increasing my dose was because my tolerance increased a lot after several months, I do not recommend taking doses as high as myself, I am also dependent on benzos, legitimately prescribed also does 4 years, so I have been safe from seizures.
I will continue with the methadone for a while, then I will reduce the dose as the doctor indicates and I will switch to kratom for a while. Why had I questioned my addiction? When I showed my mother what you wrote, she said, "I wish it were true that you are not physically dependent"

You told us that you lived with your mother who doles out the methadone tablets prescribed by doctor, and then twice I referred to your young age which you didn't challenge, and then you said that you're locked down with your mother but you go outside to smoke pot which your mother allows, so everything you said indicated that you're under control of your mother, so then after you asked if you'd be eligible for MMT in the US i made a point of saying you'd need to be 18 and physically dependent for the last 12 months.

You asked the question if you'd be eligible in the US. But before that you asked if you'd have abstinence after your methadone detox. Those two questions of yours started all the back and forth. Would you have preferred someone just gave you immediate answers like yes or no?

That's kind of what I did two weeks ago telling you that after the detox you'll probably be in the same place you were in before the detox and that's why you'd have the best chance of success with intensive counseling, both individual and group. But it seems there's no counseling as part of this detox program and you very clearly have a high level of anger and a volatile temper that wasn't apparent when you were machine translating.

Use your real voice if you want to get the best answers. And oh, one last final gift to you is to say that without counseling as part of this methadone-assisted detox and without seeking insights into the motivation for your drug use, there's another very important element that in the US i think omitting it especially with a 21-year-old given methadone for detoxing from poly-opiate usage and heavy dependency is the lack of monitoring of your drug usage by drug testing. You doctor apparently doesn't know or care whether you continue to use the codeine and the tramadol as before. You asked me something like if you'd be better off with the weaker opiates, but i told you to take the methadone and don't take the other opiates. In the US a doctor who prescribed methadone for an assisted detox of a 21-year-old without any surprise drug testing would be risking serious trouble. Even just regular pain management uses drug testing and they include blood titer levels to see if the blood levels are consistent with the dose being given. But it seems you have nothing like any of that to worry about.

Back then you didn't say that you process codeine/apap 30/500 tablets and take 300 mg codeine at once, or that you take well over 400 mg of tramadol a day, all you'd said was that you take both codeine and tramadol every day and you get them without a prescription and you didn't say anything about withdrawals. The only time you mentioned withdrawals was on April 16 when you asked if you'd have abstinence syndrome at the end if the methadone-assisted detox. But you didn't say how many of the 5-mg tablets you take per day, just that your mother had 40 of them. So i didn't know what your methadone dose was and I didn't know what doses of the codeine and tramadol you'd been taking.

All you said about them was that you take both drugs every day but that what you were concerned about was your use of morphine and oxycodone which you said you abused and you wanted to stop using the morphine and oxycodone in quantities that make you lethargic and sedated.

I posted a link to the article on CYP2D6 metabolism about how some people have low levels of that enzyme because your levels might be high as opposed to low. And maybe that's why you find the tramadol so euphoric. The lab test they mention is now routinely used in pain management so I mentioned it because you might have the opportunity with help from a supportive doctor to get that test just to better understand your own body and how you are reacting to and craving these drugs.

Tramadol and codeine together as your daily opiate usage is not a good combo because they both rely mostly on CYP2D6. Codeine all by itself can have a plateau effect where people can only convert about 200 mg at a time so if they take more than whatever their CYP2D6 can convert anything extra is wasted and excreted unchanged or maybe converted to something undesirable and uneuphoric. So if the codeine and the tramadol both deplete your CYP2D6 you'd be better off using just one or the other, not both in the same day.

I think the reason for dose escalation with the tramadol like taking over 1000 mg a day is because people are trying to get a buzz like they'd get initially, before they depleted the CYP2D6. It'd be like pushing on a string. They keep adding more and more tramadol and getting no effect and those were the people getting seizures.

And i don't know if it's a good idea to rely on just any benzo to protect you from tramadol-induced seizures. The two benzos with longest use for epilepsy are Valium and Klonopin where Klonopin was labeled specifically for epilepsy way back. You would be much better off if you could take just codeine and avoid the tramadol.

You said the reason for escalating the tramadol dose was your increased tolerance all of a sudden. Well, what if it was because of CYP2D6 depletion rather than tolerance per se? What if your tramadol "tolerance" went up because of using both codeine and tramadol together?

Last edited:
You told us that you lived with your mother who doles out the methadone tablets prescribed by doctor, and then twice I referred to your young age which you didn't challenge, and then you said that you're locked down with your mother but you go outside to smoke pot which your mother allows, so everything you said indicated that you're under control of your mother, so then after you asked if you'd be eligible for MMT in the US i made a point of saying you'd need to be 18 and physically dependent for the last 12 months.
Yes, because in this way I am far from other opiates, even far from codeine and tramadol, because now my mother has my medications and I do not abuse them and I only smoke weed
Really when I talk about stopping using opiates-opioids I am not just talking about Oxy and Morphine, high doses of tramadol also put me in a sedative and lethargic state, probably u dont understand everything I said and it is fine
Back then you didn't say that you process codeine/apap 30/500 tablets and take 300 mg codeine at once, or that you take well over 400 mg of tramadol a day, all you'd said was that you take both codeine and tramadol every day and you get them without a prescription and you didn't say anything about withdrawals. The only time you mentioned withdrawals was on April 16 when you asked if you'd have abstinence syndrome at the end if the methadone-assisted detox. But you didn't say how many of the 5-mg tablets you take per day, just that your mother had 40 of them. So i didn't know what your methadone dose was and I didn't know what doses of the codeine and tramadol you'd been taking.

And you know why I didn't say anything about tramadol and codeine? because my question was another, if someone found methadone recreational, I was not interested in talking again about my doses and the drugs I take because I have already said them in other threads, my question was only if someone found methadone recreational, I did not mention any of that because I saw it unnecessary since my question was another Now if you are so interested, I am taking 30mg of methadone a day, that keeps me without withdrawals and also without cravings to use other opiates, remember that the drugs that I have been using much more are tramadol and codeine but above all tramadol, I do not The use of oxy or oral morphine bothers me, I already said that it is likely that if I could have them within my reach in the same way that I have access to tramadol, I would probably abuse more of oxy

Last edited:
So if the codeine and the tramadol both deplete your CYP2D6 you'd be better off using just one or the other, not both in the same day.
Yes, I remember mentioning that I did not use it on the same days, some days tramadol other days codeine ... everything about my use is not in this thread, my friend.

All you said about them was that you take both drugs every day but that what you were concerned about was your use of morphine and oxycodone which you said you abused and you wanted to stop using the morphine and oxycodone in quantities that make you lethargic and sedated.
I did not say that

Boiling it is fine.

*plot twist, the person intends to inject the spat out solution

If someone held liquid methadone in their mouth and spat it out i would probably still consume it (orally) after some processing. Im not even a junkie anymore, i just really enjoy methadone.
I did not think iv methadone would work?! I mean i have seen Rx methadone vials for IM and subcut. injection only.I thought iv methadone would not really do it enough to be worth shooting.

Methadone can be given intravenously, but as I understand it, doesn't produce much of a rush at all. So there's nothing to be gained from doing so.

Although repulsive, there's no reason that consuming regurgitated methadone solution would pose too much of a risk. Injecting it though... why would you even consider that? I actually know through a friend-of-a-friend someone who managed to get pericarditis (infection of the protective membrane around the heart) through reckless injection of methadone concentrate. Needing open heart surgery to save your life, because you were chasing a high... yikes.

my question was only if someone found methadone recreational,

Do some people find methadone pleasant? Certainly. Have people abused methadone in the past for its narcotic effect? Absolutely.

The general words around the playground, though, is methadone is not exactly a high-demand product. Many users will only take methadone if they cannot find any other, more euphoric, opioids. It doesn't help that methadone has a very high oral BA, and generally takes the same amount of time to produce peak effects no matter how it's given (kind of like LSD). Snorting, plugging, or injecting it doesn't really pose much benefit.

Consider: it's usually not too difficult to get access to daily "take home" doses of methadone for opioid replacement therapy, if you are patient and well-behaved. Despite that (or maybe even because of it), the value on the street is much lower than, say, Dilaudid tablets. Also, liquid medications can be diluted much more readily than pills.

Methadone used to be given in ampules to be taken IV in some maintenance programs in the UK. It was not the first line of treatment, and I don't know if it's common any more, but it happened.

You asked the question if you'd be eligible in the US. But before that you asked if you'd have abstinence after your methadone detox. Those two questions of yours started all the back and forth. Would you have preferred someone just gave you immediate answers like yes or no?

That's kind of what I did two weeks ago telling you that after the detox you'll probably be in the same place you were in before the detox and that's why you'd have the best chance of success with intensive counseling, both individual and group. But it seems there's no counseling as part of this detox program and you very clearly have a high level of anger and a volatile temper that wasn't apparent when you were machine translating.

Use your real voice if you want to get the best answers. And oh, one last final gift to you is to say that without counseling as part of this methadone-assisted detox and without seeking insights into the motivation for your drug use, there's another very important element that in the US i think omitting it especially with a 21-year-old given methadone for detoxing from poly-opiate usage and heavy dependency is the lack of monitoring of your drug usage by drug testing. You doctor apparently doesn't know or care whether you continue to use the codeine and the tramadol as before. You asked me something like if you'd be better off with the weaker opiates, but i told you to take the methadone and don't take the other opiates. In the US a doctor who prescribed methadone for an assisted detox of a 21-year-old without any surprise drug testing would be risking serious trouble. Even just regular pain management uses drug testing and they include blood titer levels to see if the blood levels are consistent with the dose being given. But it seems you have nothing like any of that to worry about.

I posted a link to the article on CYP2D6 metabolism about how some people have low levels of that enzyme because your levels might be high as opposed to low. And maybe that's why you find the tramadol so euphoric. The lab test they mention is now routinely used in pain management so I mentioned it because you might have the opportunity with help from a supportive doctor to get that test just to better understand your own body and how you are reacting to and craving these drugs.

Tramadol and codeine together as your daily opiate usage is not a good combo because they both rely mostly on CYP2D6. Codeine all by itself can have a plateau effect where people can only convert about 200 mg at a time so if they take more than whatever their CYP2D6 can convert anything extra is wasted and excreted unchanged or maybe converted to something undesirable and uneuphoric. So if the codeine and the tramadol both deplete your CYP2D6 you'd be better off using just one or the other, not both in the same day.

I think the reason for dose escalation with the tramadol like taking over 1000 mg a day is because people are trying to get a buzz like they'd get initially, before they depleted the CYP2D6. It'd be like pushing on a string. They keep adding more and more tramadol and getting no effect and those were the people getting seizures.

And i don't know if it's a good idea to rely on just any benzo to protect you from tramadol-induced seizures. The two benzos with longest use for epilepsy are Valium and Klonopin where Klonopin was labeled specifically for epilepsy way back. You would be much better off if you could take just codeine and avoid the tramadol.

You said the reason for escalating the tramadol dose was your increased tolerance all of a sudden. Well, what if it was because of CYP2D6 depletion rather than tolerance per se? What if your tramadol "tolerance" went up because of using both codeine and tramadol together?

Are you trying to be helpful or are you trying to put this person down?if this is supposed to be some kind of life changing pep-talk, I'd stop because it is coming across more like thick passive-aggression.

Nobody is "better" than anybody else here. If you consider addiction to be an issue of character and not something that anybody can experience, I'm not even sure why you're here.

We get enough or the

"Just look at yourself"

"Fix it"

"Pull yourself up by the bootstraps"

People turn to use often for both knowledge and for emotional support that they often cant find elsewhere in their lives. Please consider this fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.