• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A Hallucinogenic Conscious shift

man, what's the rush? It seems to me that you have no idea what you're going to experience with 5g of mushrooms. This may very well be the most intense experience you've had yet, and there's a good chance that you might not be able to handle it. You're only 17 years old, come on... you can always do psychedelics later in your life and chances are you will, regardless of your plans now... quite frankly your age isn't really the best one to make such final decisions... Also I have a feeling that psychedelic experiences have much more productive impact if you already have a better idea of who you really are (or might be...).

and btw, over two years ago (being 20 years old back then) I had an extremly intense mushroom trip which might have affected me in negative ways since (namely Derealization/panic disorder/existential crisis), and I also was experienced with LSD, 2C-E,... beforehand. So just because you think you can handle it, doesn't mean that things like that couldn't happen.

I feel you guys don't worry.

I'm sure I'm reminding you guys of you when y'all were eager to try certain psychs haha.

But it also really depends on how much money I end up going canada with because I may end up just eating an eighth. Though the goal is to eat the 5grams.
I may also eat an eighth for my birthday in July so I could have had a feel of the drug before I hit 5 grams of it.

But what I just wanted to say here is I'm not really concerned on what happens. I know I may sound ignorant but I WANT an earth shattering experience. It's what I feel my soul is dying for. You can say I'm in a dark room in my life right now. Kina need the door to be opened and I'm not saying drugs will but this sort of enlightenment is what I love. I'm going into this thing with the utmost positivity and will have my benzos on me if the roller coaster turns ugly.

You never know when a bullet might hit n you die to it.

I know I may sound ignorant but I WANT an earth shattering experience. It's what I feel my soul is dying for. You can say I'm in a dark room in my life right now. Kina need the door to be opened and I'm not saying drugs will but this sort of enlightenment is what I love.
anecdotal evidence proves over and over again that people who think like that, are very likely to get a big cosmic bitchslap. I was kinda the same, just not so extreme. Psychedelics are not "enlightenment in a box" and if you don't approach the subject with more respect, you might regret it. Nobody gets "enlightened" (whatever that means) just because he ate 5g of Mushrooms or smoked a shitload of DMT. Spiritual wisdom comes with time and life experience, and psychedelic experiences may very well be a part of that, but it is far from everything. You just cannot expect to achieve your goal by just tripping balls...

Don't you realize that people here are genuinely worried for you? It's because many of them have been there, matured and now know a little better. I also thought once, that just the one trip might open my eyes so I can finally "see". In hindsight, it's all bullshit your mind makes up to have an eventual escape of this strange reality.

Nobody is against you experimenting with psychedelics, but regarding your age and what you've said, they've given you reasonable advice. This forum is dedicated to harm reduction, so you cannot expect anybody here to support your plans.

I hear what everyone's saying loud n clear. Maybe you're just taking what I'm saying about the enlightenment too literal or I'm just not being fully clear. I'm prob using the wrong words n such lol.

But when I say I want to be enlightened it's more that I wanna see what this drug can show me. And I've read that 5grams is perfect for it ya know? Like for the full shroom experience. I don't wanna just eat 2grams n just laugh my ass off and get slight visuals for 8hrs where I could literally take the opportunity to zoom through the shroomerverse lol.

We learn from our experiences at the end of the day and I'm not rejecting anyone's advice. I'm not gonna force the experiences into one day anymore. I'm doing the shrooms one day, the K another and the dmt another.

Maybe how i talk here isn't showin you how much I actually respect hallucinogens. But I do.
The only communication problem here is me not being clear enough and y'all taking my unclarity literally.

5g's is certainly too much to just get the "full shroom experience"

I've taken 3.5g's before, on 3mg etizolam mind you, and had a full blown DMT-style breakthrough experience. Eyes closed, in hyperspace, in the presence of entities, the whole nine yards. And then not an hour later, laying on the floor against a bed, cuddling a body pillow, I was in a living nightmare. Everything in my life that wasn't positive and productive was thrown in my face, I was berated for what I had allowed my life to become, for who I was friends with, how I was living. It was hands down the worst experience of my life.

Point is, you don't need 5g's to get the full experience. In fact, I feel that would blur the full experience because of how strong the effects would be. 3 or 3.5 will be more than sufficient, I promise.

Maybe I'm being too ignorant lol.

Ok points noted. If I still haven't done shrooms by the time I go t canada then I'll just eat an eigth. Cuz there's a chance I'll do them before cuz someone just called me 2days ago with a good price on the 3.5. So aite thanks

Maybe I'm being too ignorant lol.

Ok points noted. If I still haven't done shrooms by the time I go t canada then I'll just eat an eigth. Cuz there's a chance I'll do them before cuz someone just called me 2days ago with a good price on the 3.5. So aite thanks

An eighth is still too much for first timer. Mushrooms are not to be taken lightly. As Solpisis said an eighth of mushrooms should be taken very seriously. 2-2.5 grams of dried, potent Cubensis should be plenty.

Does it really seem that I'm NOT taking the drug seriously??
Because I can't tell.. I thought my respect for hallucinogens was already stated. I am NOT taking the experience lightly. I know there's more to shrooms than just eating an 1/8 n calling that George. Jeez I know the seriousness of the psychedelic experience. I've done 'acid' before and high plateau DXM. Jah.

Does it really seem that I'm NOT taking the drug seriously??
Because I can't tell.. I thought my respect for hallucinogens was already stated. I am NOT taking the experience lightly. I know there's more to shrooms than just eating an 1/8 n calling that George. Jeez I know the seriousness of the psychedelic experience. I've done 'acid' before and high plateau DXM. Jah.

Quite frankly, yes! You do come across like that. LSD is a totally different beast to Psilocybin Mushrooms. Why do you have "acid" in inverted commas btw? Are you unsure you really took LSD? If so, why?

Lol I knew I was prob sounding very irrespective towards shrooms. But I am very respectful of these drugs guys please believe me.

And yes i am unsure if it was real LSD because I didn't test it.
My cousin brought them from away stating that they were given to him by a rockband.
I think he it legit stuff tho, this was my first experience. We took the same stuff on like 3 other nights during the Christmas too.(all similar effects)
It had no taste and took like a bit over an hour for me to recognize the effects(assuming cuz it was my first time). I was just really giggly. They were small tabs(he cut them for profit not for our enjoyment) so I think that's why I didn't experience the visuals and such I've read about from the LSD experience.

The headspace and insanity feeling was totally there tho. I felt literally insane. We were laughing at nothing and I was ripping his bong and NOT getting HIGH from the bud. I couldn't sleep or eat and had a strange headache throughout the trip.

2nd experience/new tab;
Other time I took "acid"(new link) where I think it wasn't acid for sure the tab tasted completely gross, like mdma and Xanax mixed up. The place I rested it on my tongue was sorta cold and numb but the headspace to the previous experience was similar. No visuals tho and I only took a half tab and then another half like 4hrs later. Similar giddiness with pointless laughter, similar annoying headache, we smoked 10grams of HIGHGRADE, did not get high. Overall similar experience, the sky lit up like it usually does when I take the drug and the high lasted from 4pm to 2:30am when I administered the Valium to everyone and we were all asleep by 3(though I got mad CEV's after I took the valium and was trying to sleep. The darkness in my head kept forming images, no colours, just dark images, trippy shit)

Now the MOST RECENT time I took it, it was the same tab as the 2nd experience except I took an entire tab this time. Within 20mins I was coming up feeling happy and euphoric. When I hit the hour mark I couldn't comprehend what was going on, I couldn't see properly, shit was literally moving. The lights in people's houses from the view were all twinkling and looked kinda kaloeidoscope-like and I couldn't make out my friends face whom I was staring at because it was all wavy. Like my brain couldn't form the mental image of what his face should look like. Again the weed didn't get me high and the trip lasted from 10pm til 6am where I was still up and didn't sleep till after I ate breakfast. Same headache and same headspace as all before.

I never wanted to post these experiences because I know that it's not allowed to ask what you took but this is why I think I didn't take real acid. I live in Trinidad where the likelihood of even having legit stuff is so small. No where have I read that weed affects people on acid in this way neither. It was like smoking nothing. No effects whatsoever. Almost a waste of expensive weed. I only enjoyed smoking it because it kept me close to reality. I felt like I was still here.

My muscles were always spazzin out and I've read that the blotters that taste in this way are never really lsd. But my cousins lsd could of been real but I will never know.

well the first experience aligns with low dose LSD in my opinion, but the other two might be something like 25I-NBOMe (note that this is only my opinion and not a fact).

and from what you described, I can assure you that high dose mushrooms will take you to a much deeper, more serious place. In my opinion, you should take a lower dose, ~2 - 2.5 g as someone suggested is very reasonable.

Ok what if I were to take a low dose as advices for the first time. Here's where I'd be left;
I would have to wait long to experience the full shroom experience(I.e high dose tripping) OR
I can buy an extra 3.5/5g to take up north with me to do solo.
What are your thoughts on tripping on shrooms solo?

I love solo tripping. In fact it's my favourite way to trip. However, taking a high dose, alone and for your first time is a recipe for disaster. You don't seem to understand just how far mushrooms can take you. Further than LSD, certainly further than whatever NBOMe you took. A bad mushroom trip is a literal living hell. Forget about McKenna and his "heroic dose" (a term I take issue with, but that's another topic entirely, don't get me started...). Just take 2-2.5g with your buddy and have a good time.

Ok, now that you've stated more of your prior psychedelic experiences I can give you better advice. Firstly you are a very inexperienced tripper still, which I'm sure you don't need to be told. Your first two experiences were like dipping your toe in the water, the third sounds like a decent low-mid range 25c-nbome tripp to me though it could have been a good lowdose acid tab. Your description could be about dozens of different hallucinogens really. But the point stands that you've been being fairly cautious so far, incrementally increasing your exposure to truly psychelic experiences. This is a wise way to advance.

In my life I've met many different types of psychelic drug users. Some are in it for a quick break from reality and are likely working professionals, maybe with a family to take care of. Some are more into it and make it a fairly large part of their life, and not simply for laughs. The rarer breed are looking for something, searching for something that seems just outside their field of vision. They are the ones you read about with these amazing world shattering visions and experiences.

I'd put myself in the second catergory, I'm not a psychonaught really but I do feel enriched by those tripps that I've been able to assimilate, and seek more along those lines. You do not know yet what may be the proper place for you to be delving into. The best and safest way to find that out is to proceed with care and caution. Life is long, drugs are everywhere with new options being produced every week. Don't do yourself harm -mentally or otherwise- in an effort to squeeze a lifetime of experience into a week. You will be amazed at the opportunities you will have throughout you life, if you're around cool people, to try some awesome drugs.

I do think that making this thread was a wise thing for you to do, and that you do seem fairly mature for seventeen. But really that isn't saying a whole lot LOL

Two - Three grams of good quality psilocybe cubensis mushrooms I think would fit nicely into your slow and steady introduction to this bright glittery new world.

Ketamine is really going to be weird for you, it's far from a run of the mill psychedelic and can be very very unpredictable. But awesome too, you'll know if its for you or not quickly.

Dmt - I'd wait on.

I meant for after the first low dose shroom experience. Like after I take the low dose with my buddy. Would it be better then to have had experience with it to then kick it into hyperdrive n take a higher dose whilst solo.

I meant for after the first low dose shroom experience. Like after I take the low dose with my buddy. Would it be better then to have had experience with it to then kick it into hyperdrive n take a higher dose whilst solo.

Ultimately it's up to you but I am going to say no. You lack the experience required to navigate high doses, this is something that comes with experience. Good call though, dipping your toes in, as it were, with a low dose.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean now. Are you planning to take a lower dose of mushrooms with your buddy, then saving a larger amount to take solo afterwards? If so I'd advise you once again to be slow and deliberate in your exposure. Sometimes the difference between a mellow fulfilling Tripp and an absolutely chaotic out of control one is a small increase in dose. If you can get enough mushrooms from the same batch (therefore fairly uniform potency *hopefully*) I'd start at 2.5g with your friend, then you'll know more about what your getting yourself into. You may want to try 3g after, you may not. I'd take it slow to avoid the old "oh shit I took too much" realization. There's no going back without a knockout pill...

Gonna try some local shrooms this weekend. Well idk if they're local but the name of them are "penis envy". Supposedly potent stuff. I'm not gonna eat more than 2.5g I'm sure because money is short. But it really all depends on how many are in front of me that I can eat but with all you guys' advice swarming through my head I won't go over 3grams for sure.

I think this experience will be a good backbone for a stronger experience in canada. And my birthday is coming up, if shrooms are still around I'd eat an 1/8. Hopefully all goes well and I fly safely this weekend. I'd buy some Valium for my pocket in case.