View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A Hallucinogenic Conscious shift

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
I'll be going up to Canada this summer and I will be taking it into my best interest to end all curiosity about drugs. I've experiemented with a total of 13 drugs and I'm 17years old. All in a 2year space of experiments I've learned a lot.

Anyway when I go to canada I plan on eating 5grams of mushrooms then right After that trip, smoke 100mg of DMT for a "breakthrough" experience and then after that trip, snort 200mg of ketamine to enter the "k-hole". All in one day that is. This will end all my drug curiosities as these are the last 3 hallucinogens I would like to try.

I've done acid and Dxm a few times each and I think I can handle these "heroic doses" stated above. But I'm curious as to what your idea is on putting the psyche through so much may do more harm than good. I'll be doing it with a long time trusted friend and the reason for doing it all in one day is because after that day of being with him I'm going up further north Toronto with my family and don't wanna trip alone on the DMT and K.

I'll also be candy flipping alone when I go up further north as I've experienced acid by myself before. I'll also have a decent amount of weed. If the dmt experience goes well id probably take some up north with me too.

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

How far apart are these "heroic" doses of cubes and DMT.
The tolerance factor will affect things, especially if you do the shrooms before the spice....unless you're doing them together.
Suggestion...smoke the DMT, then do the shrooms...n,n,DMT hcauses less tolerance for the shrooms as the shrooms will for the spice.
Sice one day shrooms the next or the day after that...IDK if K causes cross tolerance for the others, but if not do it between the two others...still DMT before shrooms though.
Never done K so can't speak about it.

Lastly, yes, 100mg smoked DMT is a fucking hellacious dose, but 5 grams cubes isn't...IMO....double that, then you're "heroic"...good luck.,

Why the hurry though? You're young, you have plenty of time.
Now that i think about it, stick with 5 grams cubes...see how that goes.

Last edited:
the mushrooms synergize very powerfully with dissociative hallucinogens like ketamine, so be aware. If you look at this article, the Neurobiology of Psychedelic Drugs, there is a really informative image in there that shows the overlapping effects between psilocybin and ketamine, so those overlaps will be amplified when combining them. I would recommend lowering the doses of each, or taking the ketamine after the peak of the mushrooms. Remember, set and setting count for a lot so make it a good space in your head and environment before the trip.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Well I was saying is that by the time I reach my friends house, order the drugs, and consume the shrooms it would be about lunch time or a lil after. Then as the shroom trip ends and i feel somewhat sober again, I would of then smoked the DMT. When that trip ended I would have snorted the K.

Though, I had no idea the shrooms and DMT would be cross-tolerant so I believe I'll save the DMT as a solo experience when I go up north. When I'm sober from the shrooms I'll just do the k-hole.

Thanks for the info.

It could be done but I would just space them out over a longer period of time to allow you to process and integrate your experience. They're each great drugs on their own, so it would be better to give them the proper amount of time to gain appreciation for your journeys. Trying to cram too much in to a day could easily cause a sensory overload of sorts, causing some realizations or events to be forgotten or overlooked during integration.
Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay in Canada, eh!

I've never really understood the desire to do multiple kinds of drugs, at the same time especially for the first time. Of course not everyone will approach drugs and more specifically psychedelics, with the same sort of scientific approach as myself, but in the end how will you know which drug did what and why? How would you go about deciding upon future usage if you do not know what each individual drug does? It's probably about as harmful as overdosing on any one individual drug. You don't do speed and then decide to do a line of cocaine followe by a cup of coffee. To each their own of course, but it just seems to me as if you already know what to expect from these drugs without ever trying them. Chances only get higher with combinations that you will not end up with the experience you were expecting.

I've never really understood the desire to do multiple kinds of drugs, at the same time especially for the first time. Of course not everyone will approach drugs and more specifically psychedelics, with the same sort of scientific approach as myself, but in the end how will you know which drug did what and why? How would you go about deciding upon future usage if you do not know what each individual drug does? It's probably about as harmful as overdosing on any one individual drug. You don't do speed and then decide to do a line of cocaine followe by a cup of coffee. To each their own of course, but it just seems to me as if you already know what to expect from these drugs without ever trying them. Chances only get higher with combinations that you will not end up with the experience you were expecting.

I see what you're saying but maybe I wasn't clear enough. I am only forcing these trips in a day because I can only do the shrooms and K with my friend when I'll be far from my parents. But when I go up north with my parents I'll do the dmt alone.

I figure after the shroom trip that going into a K-hole may help me reflect more on the shroom trip and have a better understanding of how I felt whilst teaching me whatever the K would. I am not experience with any of these drugs, just Dxm and 'acid'. But that's my thoughts on it.

please hear my out my friend

Even if you don't plan on continuing your experimentation beyond having tried these 3 fascinating substances it doesn't seem worthwhile IMO to take them in the same session. It will be harder to understand what each drug does on its own, especially if your experience will be limited to this one... and since you haven't tried them before it will probably all be so extraordinary that you may kind of lose track of what is happening.
Worse though is that the unpredictability goes up a factor 3 as well... people tend to have much more 'unique' reactions to psychedelics than say to uppers and downers. And a number of rules are applied as guideline for trippers:
- set and setting (basically to do it when you are ready and pick a place where you feel really safe and at home - best would therefore be at home, but of course some flexibility should be okay there)
- start with a reasonable dose i.e. light to moderate or if you must a 'standard' / full dose. But a very high dose is very demanding and it tends to require a little bit of skill to help 'guide' yourself.
- don't combine a drug with other drugs when it is the first time you take it.

generally I think it would be far too much, 5 grams of mushrooms along has plenty of people out of this world... what makes you think that would not sufficiently satisfy your curiosity for the moment? What is the reasoning behind the "let's get this over with" quality of this plan?

Many people consider mushrooms to be pretty crazy even compared to LSD. For example you can give me 250 ug of LSD and it's strong but I'll take care of myself, but I take 3 grams of mushrooms VERY seriously and you are talking about 5 grams.

Also I know from experience that around age 17-18 it's kinda normal to wanna try out things and to feel confident about it / also to feel mature for your age, but also to discover now and then that you make mistakes you can learn from which is one major point of this experimenting... but that doesn't mean that you can't take advice like ours to heart. ;) No offense, I do take your question seriously.
(I am 29 now and I have tried most drugs / regarding exotic ones especially psychedelics - I have my good sides and bad sides, and I made some mistakes along the way, but I think I learned)

After this opportunity you will soon have, there will be more, even if you have to wait a year before you have a good moment to try ketamine... it's all soon enough that you will be alone again to try stuff like ketamine or DMT in freedom and with more confidence based on better safety and precaution.

I think you would do yourself a favor to adjust your desire and expectations from feeling like you have a small window of opportunity to try these 3 drugs to trusting that a concession of just taking say 3-3.5 grams (which is still often quite strong) mushrooms alone will be very special.
Another great reason to do this is that you can stretch your curiosity: it is much better to spread trying out these substances over time and reading up about them, than just blasting through them in one day and not really 'getting' them properly, because they are blurred together and you are quite probably completely overwhelmed by the entire experience.

Dont want to be some asshole whos trying to say 'your plan is bad mmmkay', I'd love it if I still had my first times ahead of me and I think you could make it all a lot more awesome for yourself.

Also sure, taking so much of those 3 very potent psychedelics can also make you flip majorly, haven't even really begun to discuss that risk in-depth.

And one more thing: 100 mg DMT is often more than a breakthrough dose and can have people black out. It is also not very realistic because many people first have to learn vaping and inhaling techniques properly because the DMT can burn which will be a loss and creates harsh smoke. Etc etc... so I don't think you can just inhale any dose you pick just like that without practice... another aspect of why it is much better to take all of this one step at a time.
Even if you want to take the largest steps you can possibly take.

You don't have to take my word for it regarding everything I am saying here, but you do owe it to yourself to think this through before you go and do anything, after all that is basically why you came here to ask your question. So don't get impatient and overexcited about the plan, pushing concerns aside... if you disagree let's talk. :)
But it's always your choice of course.

Last edited:
Sounds like it would be too chaotic and very little if anything would be learned from it. Might as well drink beer or something purely recreational at that point. I would choose a single substance and integrate the experience into your daily life if possible. Being 17 you have many years ahead of you to do all of them properly, no need to rush it.

I will be 18 by the time I go to canada in august. My birthday is in July.

@solipsis
I hear you brother. I'll be in canada for 2 weeks. For the Thursday-Sunday I'll be close to my friend whom I plan to endure the mushroom trip with. I'll only be able to spend a MAXIMUM of 36hrs with him for reasons I wish not to explain. Hence I didn't wanna have to skip the K and do it solo when I go up north with my parents Because I've read that it can be dangerous to K-hole solo because of choking on vomit and I don't wanna have to look like I'm on the world of Nembutal in front of my parents at ANY time during our family vacation because last family vacation was when I tried DXM in one 300mg dose and 2 600mg doses all spread apart and my mum knew something was up especially when she found 2 empty casings of 'Wal-Tussin' under my bed lol. And I can't be like "hey mom keep an eye out on me for the next hour in case I choke on my vomit" lol. That's why I wanted to do the K after the mushroom trip.
Regarding the shroom dose I chose 5grams as I am a bit of a daredevil when it comes to dosing drugs. I'm also dying to experience ego-death from the shrooms and I believe 5grams almost guarantees this.
Also the 'acid' I've done has never given me the visuals and CEV's that I read about in trip reports and I don't wanna take a low dose of shrooms just because it's my first time and not get "OUT OF THIS WORLD VISUALS". I've chosen this dose because it is 'heroic' and I'm not concerned whether my perception changes forever or not.
HOWEVER, if I do manage to be able to spend the night by my friend then I will simply do the K the following day so the trips can be spaced out and I'll have some time to gather myself.

Regarding the DMT now.
I plan on buying a G-pen or a handheld vape (a cheap one) for the DMT. I will load 80-100mg of it into it and then vape it solo when I go further up north with my parents as a solo DMT trip should not be as dangerous as a solo K-hole. And providing that the DMT is cross tolerant with shrooms, taking a several day interval between the trips would do me justice to achieve a breakthrough.

Regarding why I'm forcing all these trips into one family vacation.
I am 17 and started smoking weed at 15. Between the last 2 years I've done 13drugs where 2 were hallucinogens (Dxm + 'acid')
I would like to DETOX myself from 'EXCESS' drugs after this canada trip. Excess drugs being; cocaine, opies, dissociatives, X/MDMA, any downer but Valium. Reason being, may be obvious that I've experienced a lot and they have added a lot of stress in my life. So one last bender especially with the drugs I've always wanted to try will be good to get out of my system ESPECIALLY that I'll be going to university next year where all these drugs are more than available. I'd only be doing psychedelics like Mescaline(haven't tried yet but don't mind waiting), LSD, BHO, Mushrooms, Weed and Valium(as my benzo of choice) in university. I'll be studying Psychology hopefully to a doctorate level so I figured the classical Psychedelics will do me good in that area :D.

In canada, besides the Shrooms, DMT and K, I'll also be doing Salvia(smoked(possibly solo), then chewed), Oxycodone, BHO and a KandyFlip. (All solo) I'll be testing the LSD and MDMA as I have done quite a deal of 'Molly' and 'acid' where I'm from that I deem not what it was sold to me as.

I'm really just trying to get out of this drug phase I've been flying through since October 2011.

Dunno if that helps in explaining my choices here. I have asked this question because obviously it would be better to have a few months to hear from you guys and contemplate this Hallucinogenic bender. I'll have a lot of weed in the background of the bender too.

Last edited:
It is not about your exact age... like officially

DMT tends to ignore tolerance and especially cross-tolerance a great deal. So no bigger dose required to make up for it.
And yeah I was assuming you would be using a vaporizer so my point stands, even more so sinds small cheap handheld ones for plenty of people require extra skill compared to customized DMT smoking devices. Do you have any info on DMT at all, and about how 'easy' or 'tricky' it is to take 3 good inhalations for a full dose?

I don't think 'not wanting to have to skip the K' is really an argument, sorry.
You don't have to consume all drugs before the month is out, what gives you that idea? You can just sit on it until you have another chance to try a drug, say the ketamine on its own. And by the way 200 mg is again excessive. 100 mg should be fine to achieve a K-hole for a first-timer... and a K-hole is not really a K-hole if you combine it with other drugs, sure it is extraordinary as well... but it's not simply the more the better, just stacking this stuff up. Best is to just try K on its own first.
OK sorry didn't realize you want to avoid certain drugs when you go to college, although I don't see why you will want to quit DMT as an excess drug?? It's not bad and/or addictive?!
DMT demands attention and respect and a good moment to do it properly, not stacked on top of 2 other psychedelics you have never tried before. You have no idea what you are getting yourself into, sorry.

The fact that you are talking about 'heroic' doses, visuals and benders doesn't really feel like a good attitude I must admit. Psychedelics are more than visuals and getting wasted. It's your choice if that is what you want to get out of it, but I hope you understand that they are a package deal and you can't go for the visuals alone and ignore the insane headspace it can give you.
Otherwise it seems a bit like you'd be abusing them, and that can be a problem with high doses of something you haven't tripped on before and that you will be up north with your parents which is not convenient if you have a superstrong experience to integrate...

Just figure out another plan, like maybe take 100 mg ketamine on it's own first and when you have come down sufficiently see if you feel like tripping on a moderate mushroom trip. Though granted you may feel pretty weird at that point. Which suggests enough anyway...

If you are going to combine mushrooms and K, take much less of both. There is strong synergy and I keep repeating: you are new to mushrooms and you do not yet get that they can be tough and challenging!

Doing mushrooms now so that you can close this chapter doesn't make a whole lot of sense if doing mushrooms in college is fine anyway! If that is really true, just do the K. Only objection is that K is not a social drug AT ALL, but it isn't either when you combine it.

Why don't you check if others here validate my advice? Do you even think you are willing to take advice that would mean changing your plans a bit?

Look, it's not like "if you're confident in yourself you can just go ahead", it's wise to truthfully allow yourself to make corrections.

And again I wanna remind you that I want to take away from you that you might have a good time, I wanna apply my experiences so that you can have good ones.

Last edited:
I'm gonna do the K the day after the shrooms. Not combine them. I'm not gonna focus on what to dose til closer to the time to see how I feel.

I also do know that there is way more to hallucinogens than just being wasted and getting visuals but since I haven't experienced the visuals yet that's why I'm so determined to see them. I'm a bit of a psychonaut myself if you read my blog lol. I know about the mystical hallucinogenic knowledge. Haha

Regarding not doing DMT in University.
I look at drugs like DMT, 3rd plateau DXM and K-holes as all self exploration and not really 'to do with buddies' much like a mushroom, acid, mescaline or 2nd plateau DXM experience.
I mean I'm sure there will be times I'll decide to have some self-exploration journeys but they won't be too abundant.

But I'm really listening to your advice I'm not disregarding it. I trust my fellow BL'ers. I will seriously contemplate the shrooms and K with your words in mind. Don't you worry, I believe I'll have good experiences, after-all, aren't your thought and your word the highest key to your reality?

Cool, I guess you can plan what you want to do if you feel absolutely fine so that you don't have to figure it all out on the spot, since there are a lot of things to factor in that don't depend on how you feel. But yes ultimately your mindset is the decisive factor when the time comes.

K the day after shrooms seems like a good idea, hopefully by then you are having an afterglow and if you got a wild enough shroom trip already you might feel that you want to leave it at that, or maybe not of course.

I'd still adjust the shroom dose, an eighth is pushing it. Especially if you are smoking weed, that makes it lots stronger.

Not sure what is wrong with a DMT trip if you are in college. Do whatever you like but self-exploration seems ideally suited at college. You definitely don't have to, but you don't have to now either. You just said you wanted to have tried DMT once and I just don't see a single reason why it can't be then. :)

aren't your thought and your word the highest key to your reality?

What do you mean?

Message noted. Shroom dose will be adjusted. And like shrooms, I just wanna try the DMT ASAP haha. That's the reason for the haste.

And when I say that I mean. Since our minds are so powerful, our thoughts and word is what creates our reality. I believe we all are the creators, we are GOD. So having the utmost positive mindset going into almost anything will create a positive outcome. Don't ya think?

Yes in a sense, and it is an important realisation. Although it can't always help us escape how experiences (we learned from that molded us) influence our actions, most of what we do is still initially prompted by subconscious tics. Even 'enlightened' people, when they are honest, admit that they still have prejudiced thoughts or cruel thoughts that pop up the very first thing after they see something. The power we have lies in willingness to correct ourselves at that point. We can live very consciously and make that step near-instantaneous, but we can't make it disappear - it is part of humanity, and part of our 'luggage'.
People who do not realize the power they have over their own lives can have a lot of issues because of that... but overestimating that power can also get you into trouble and for example make you feel very guilty if you are unable to resist indulging a habit we know is bad. Which can make us dispair that we don't really have an power at all.
Or another fallacy is that it can give people the idea that they are completely enlightened only having had the first of many huge realisations and paradigm changes. That is false awakening and it's what gives us bullshit new age guru's. The one-eyed leading the blind.

It probably never ends with the perspective shift you had most recently ;) Not for any of us.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Well I was saying is that by the time I reach my friends house, order the drugs, and consume the shrooms it would be about lunch time or a lil after. Then as the shroom trip ends and i feel somewhat sober again, I would of then smoked the DMT. When that trip ended I would have snorted the K.

Though, I had no idea the shrooms and DMT would be cross-tolerant so I believe I'll save the DMT as a solo experience when I go up north. When I'm sober from the shrooms I'll just do the k-hole.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds too soon for the DMT, if you have trouble breaking through with DMT as a lot of people do, you certainly won't be able to break through then with 100mg on the day of a mushroom experience unless you smoke it on the peak of the experience or something and use the mushrooms as a base from which to catapult yourself into hyperspace.

The idea sounds good but I'd either take the mushrooms first then try the DMT a week later along with the Ketamine, or do them all in one trip, i.e. take the mushrooms, smoke the DMT on the peak, and take the Ketamine as you're coming down - both would make for wonderful experiences from all 3 drugs. :)

All 5HT2A agonist psychedelics have high cross-tolerance, it's pretty much the same duration to take the same dose of mushrooms again after a dose of mushrooms as it is to take any other psychedelic after taking mushrooms.

PotatoMan - I can see that you are very much the same as we all were at seventeen- enthusiastic, confident, motivated, and asking for advice often = asking for validation, but not correction. Not knocking you in any way, in fact I think it's like an unavoidable force like gravity, that controls every man from fourteen - midtwenies or death for some LOL.

I think you're five grams of shrooms might actually completely change not only this plan and it's specifics, but maybe you're life, maybe not for the better. Psychedelics demand respect, if they don't get it; they will teach it. Someday -maybe this time?- if you handle them in a way I personally would call flipantly confident, you will have your perspective adjusted eventually and then you'll understand the advice you're getting. I get wanting to do all this because you don't have much time with your friend, maybe I'd just be flexible in your planning, as far as the K after the mushshrooms. You only get to try these for the first time once, and if done with some good advice, guidance and foresight it can be the most magical positive life experience you've ever had. It can also be a truly traumatic event that affects and scars you so deeply you just can't shake it. I've seen people psychologically break during a +++ - ++++ mindbending trip and just be mentally shattered after.

I say all that mostly due to your proposed DMT doseage. What the hell makes you believe that you should be trying such a completely wreckless dose? Edit: I just saw you said you wanted to snort it... that's not really a good idea if you want to "breakthrough". Smoking is a better way because you can keep adding until you get there -or far enough and call it good- Snorting it is going to be more unpredictable, but more similar to the mushroom trip than the quintessential smoked DMT experience. I had my first breakthrough with fourty milligrams inhaled in three rounds. I one hundred percent believed I was dead, I courted death and made peace with it, then was transported slowly and gently along a neon purple lighted tunnel at lazy river speeds, that became mach speed heading toward the light at the end of the tunnel... I took the next hit about three months later lol. But to be honest a 5g dose of mushrooms has the potential to really be either complete hedonistic-euphoric-psychedelic-delirium, or to be frank a complete nightmare worse than anything you could imagine. I've begged to die during a tripp on more than one occasion. I've promised God I'd never touch another drug ever ever.... -Oops broke that the next day everytime-

My point behind all this is not to quench your enthusiasm or adventurous nature. It's just to remind you that these substances are truly unpredictable. I've had hundreds of psychedelic experiences, some wreckless just like your plan, but I've also taken my lumps for it and you may not be so resilient to bounce back, many ruin what could be a satifying and responsible future of mind expansion. Because they get reckless and then get hit hard with a tough experience, then they miss out on a lot of fun. I wouldn't trade my experiences in this field for anything, It's made me who I am in many ways.

Good luck PotatoMan, I wish you a productive and enlightening voyage regardless of what you decide.

Last edited:
For what it's worth DMT is actually perfect for college/work schedules. It's one of a very select few super short acting -when smoked or IV'd- psychedelics that you can fit into a busy schedule without devoting most of a day like most require. It's been called the working mans hallucinogen, unfortunately there is the legal concern to be careful of. You don't want to get kicked out of the university for possesion of a Controlled Substance...

@DKKON1

Snort the K smoke the DMT thru vaporizing is what I said haha.

Thanks for the advice. You've given me lots to think about.