• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

84% mdma?

edit:
I would also like to add that I've only ever seen one batch of 84% MDMA hcl. It was procured by a friend of mine, from a different source than I usually procure mine. The crystals were very small and every one took on the shape of a grain of rice. I personally did not consume this batch, but my friends who did said it was certainly MDMA, but not as strong as the 94%+ batches we've had in the past. A test kit identified small amounts of lidocaine (an anesthetic), and consumption numbed the mouth and throat. The strangest part of this whole shabang, to me, was that every crystal was the exact same size and shape. I'm not entirely certain what that's indicative of, other than that it was produced differently than most of the MDMA hcl I've had, or that it was adulterated after the production process.

I did a wash on some MDMA with 99.9% ISO and didn't let it recrystallise properly, the resuly was a lot of rice shaped crystals almost identical in size.

63.84% purity? That can't be right if 84% is 100% pure how could an 8% difference be 40% less purity? Does that make sense?
it's not at all clear what you are asking. you're not comparing apples to apples.

this whole 84% 'purity' thing has got people very turned around. the most common form of mdma is the hydrochloride salt. mdma in its freebase form is unmanageable in the kinds of places that people wish to use it recreationally. the hcl salt is an effective form of substance which can be easily handled and easily ingested. you're not losing anything with the conversion to the hcl form and, so, the discussion about the presence of the hcl components in the molecule somehow making the substance less 'pure' is academic, a diversion and just creates the breeding ground from which ridiculous mythology often arises...

so, yanker, first of all define your terms. what do you mean by "purity". if somebody has mdma hcl which is 76% purity, it means they have 76% purity.

i've no idea where you get this 40% figure from but then. by your own admission, "I'm not the greatest at math".

alasdair

Haha that sounded like a shot???? Anyway my question is if 84% is pure meaning 100% pure mdma and someone has tested 76% pure what is it then? If it was tested 76% does that account for the hcl salt so it starts at 84% and works its way down? I'm so fucking confused. Is it 76% pure from100%? Or 76% of 84%? Which then would be what percentage? Would it be technically be 92% pure since its 8% less than 84% which is really 100% so then 76% would be 92%? Why the hell don't they just call it what it is instead of all these damn different percentages?

Last edited:
^ lol.

reread my message. i think the problem is people think that 100% 'pure' mdma hcl isn't pure at all because 16% of the substance, by weight, is the hydrochloride bit, not the mdma bit.

it's an unhelpful (and clearly very confusing) distinction. indeed, for the reasons i explained, it's a completely academic, pointless distinction given the characteristics of mdma in its freebase form.

alasdair

The mdma we use is mdma(hcl) so wether you wanna say "mdma salts cant be more than 84% pure" or "look, i got 100% pure mdma(hcl)"... its really semantics ;)

I'm also really confused..when people say its 100% pure... does it mean it's 84% of MDMA and 16% of hcl?

The drug we ingest is mdma(hcl)... therefor the hcl is not an impurity but rather an essential ion to make mdma into a usable form... ive read a lot on it and never found any reliable sources for anyone ever using mdma freebase.... i could just have not heard about it tho :\

The drug we ingest is mdma(hcl)... therefor the hcl is not an impurity but rather an essential ion to make mdma into a usable form... ive read a lot on it and never found any reliable sources for anyone ever using mdma freebase.... i could just have not heard about it tho :\

I get ya now, I guess there's no such thing as x % MDMA(HCL) purity, it's either MDMA(hcl) or not... there's no in between, it's either you have it or not so the top chemists will acheive maximum purity 100% pure MDMA(hcl) or 84% MDMA however you wanna see it in some way thats how I understand it but of course chemists can synthetize it some ways that they will leave over other kind of molecules behind or if it's not washed off well and leave some impurities... so you can end up with like 73% MDMA and 27%hcl for instance.

I have seem this claimed 84% MDMA before. I've had it and it was very good. Now if I take a legit pill like <>187mg JUMBOS and take a similer (+16%) in this MDMA I found the effects pretty similer.

Chances are it's pure mdma just made wihout cutsm was this from Holland? Spain? I wonder what "molly" and "mandy" and "magic" all streey names for mdma crystal on the street are with %% because peolpe think it's PURE usually and forget cutting.

This is complete bull shit lol ALL MDMA is sold as a salt (HCl mainly but there are some chemists out there who experiment), the freebase is a corrosive oil. The extra hydrogen and chlorine atoms are part of the molecule so are not counted as an impurity. If you're buying MDMA it's MDMA HCl.

And next time your drug dealer tells you a percent purity ask him about the GCMS he has in his trunk. He doesn't have one and most likely the chemist who made it doesn't either.

Last edited:
One of the best forum threads that exist on this subject! Anyone know what the typical range of purity available for MDMA.HCL crystal is? Let's just forget the 84 argument for a while. If we take it that 100% MDMA.HCL is 100% pure: What's the lowest % anyone's ever seen that still holds as a crystal? What's the average street %? What do different colours imply? Anyone know?

I get ya now, I guess there's no such thing as x % MDMA(HCL) purity, it's either MDMA(hcl) or not... there's no in between, it's either you have it or not so the top chemists will acheive maximum purity 100% pure MDMA(hcl) or 84% MDMA however you wanna see it in some way thats how I understand it but of course chemists can synthetize it some ways that they will leave over other kind of molecules behind or if it's not washed off well and leave some impurities... so you can end up with like 73% MDMA and 27%hcl for instance.

No, the HCl directly bonds to the MDMA molecule. Anything left over is gone in the final product, or at least, should be.

Any impurities would be from contaminated precursors or improper washing techniques. It's actually become quite common for MDMA chemists to skip the last step of washing their product because it leaves more of that "sass" smell that people often look for... what they don't realize is that usually signifies a rather high amount of synthesis by-products left over.

I'm still waiting on the dude that said all Dutch test centers report the dosage as the freebase form.. that's happened several times now. People TELL me they've heard it, but when I ask for a direct quote they can never seem to find one :\

I sended an e-mail to the test center, and they forwarded the question to one of their labs but I have not gotten any response yet. I will send an e-mail again.

I sended an e-mail to the test center, and they forwarded the question to one of their labs but I have not gotten any response yet. I will send an e-mail again.

I really am hoping to clear this up, be sure to PM me if they ever do reply.

Another related idea that I don't think people have talked about yet on this thread:

100mg is generally considered a typical MDMA dose according to erowid and a whole lot of other places. Are they talking about 100mg MDMA or MDMA.HCL? If a decent pill generally has around 100mg MDMA does that mean it actually has 120mg MDMA.HCL packed in there.

^ almost nobody uses the freebase form of mdma - it's thoroughly impractical. when you see dosages for mdma, they're almost always referring to the (usually hcl) salt.

alasdair