• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5Htp is like xtc `?

Byzek

Bluelighter
i started taking 5htp and it works like hell but im taking high does like 2-4g.
yesterday i was so high lol i walked threw the city and colours and the sun were so beauitul

Thats quite a big dose of 5 htp!

Never tried more than 300 / 450 mg with very subtle effects. Heard reports of stomach issues and muscle spasms in thr 6-10 gram range.

Stay safe. Bare head

That’s insane... I take high amounts daily so I don’t kill myself and I can still barely get off the couch....

I tried takimg it with food today.
I took 1g with bacon and egs.
And i feel nothing.
Normaly im taking 400-600mg without food in the morning.
Without food its better

Thats quite a big dose of 5 htp!

Never tried more than 300 / 450 mg with very subtle effects. Heard reports of stomach issues and muscle spasms in thr 6-10 gram range.

Stay safe. Bare head
Yes had to vomit almost yesterday
That’s insane... I take high amounts daily so I don’t kill myself and I can still barely get off the couch....
Häääääää

5-htp is nothing like xtc (assuming you mean MDMA), it shouldn't get you high like that. Are you on any medication?
And taking multi gram doses could be dangerous, it can cause pretty nasty stomach and muscle problems apparently.

I would be really careful taking that much, in fact I definitely would not do it anymore. The fact that you threw up is concerning. Have you ever heard of Serotonin Syndrome? Too much serotonin can cause a cascade of dangerous effects that can kill you. 5-HTP skips the rate-limiting step in the body's production of serotonin, so overdosing is definitely possible. 5-HTP is safe to take in normal dosages, but it's not harmless if abused.

Serotonin syndrome totally, completely sucks. I gave it to myself once hammering St John's Wort after a cocaine binge.

What was it like? I imagine you went to the hospital?

After having my own psychotic break/schizo meltdown after fucking around with too many serotonergic drugs + chornic sleep deprvation.....

I do NOT like to fuck around with my serotonergic system anymore.

God damn I still love good LSD.... but take it with great respect now..... and some benzos/antipsychotics just in case that beast ever comes back

but yeah.... IDK why people are taking stupid doses of 5-HTP.... it's not worth your brain man or your life !!! trust me!!!

God damn it reminds me that just 3-4 years ago I would do ANYTHING to get high on ANY DRUG. Until my brain literally snapped and I was begging and crawling for mercy in the hopes of regaining my sanity....

Finally clicked drugs are not worth dying or losing your mind permanently over.....

still working my way back up the ladder slowly but surely....

No, I was too stupid to, so it was a self-diagnosis. But it happened pretty quickly after taking the St John's Wort so the cause and effect was pretty clear, and I'd taken it from the same batch regularly so an allergy was unlikely. Was the usual stay up all night doing blow, hop in the shower and go straight to work, knock back a few extra SJW capsules with a big cup of coffee after getting there.

It was about 15 years ago but it was pretty much the laundry list of symptoms, a kind of discomfort started creeping up until it was like 'oh shit'. I think it would probably be what would be considered a milder case, it passed by the end of the day.

It was like a hellish full-body discomfort: heart, sweating, body aches, headaches, severely agitating... very unique from all the other hangovers, comedowns, and negative drug experiences.

I was working alone that day so I basically curled up and hoped no one knocked on the door for 8 hours, I looked so rough I was too paranoid to go out into the hallway.

Hmmm makes me think back to all the perceived anxiety attacks i suffered the worst of which were during a meth crashes, and i wonder if some were cases of SS. Your symptom descriptions feel oddly familiar when i remember my own.

i dont thing u get sero syndrom of just taiking 5 htp.... i did a lil bit of research.
serotonin snydrom occurs in most cases if u combine serotonergic drugs together.
like cocaine with st johns wort
or amphetamines with 5htp for example-

so if u combine releasers with uptake inhibitors, or precursos like 5htp with re uptake ihibtiros like st john worth or normal antidepressant.

but i think the magic is gonce noooooo.

the magic appears mostly after gym or sports, so either im a lil bit overtrained (which is not so unusuall i trained too much and eat to less and have joint pain) or i just took much, and yeah the magic is gone.
i dont get any euphoria anymore since yesterday.
i had a lil lil bit euphoria yesterday, the last big euphoria was on friday.

yesterday i think i took too much, i had energy lil bit euphoria, jumped out of the bed, went to the gym ,but i did just one set of dead lifts and i realised i lost so much strenngth.
i have so joint pain, and i really really hope its just due too to much sport.

i was very consued an irritated and yeah, had to go home.
on sunday it was so crazy, i had so much energy, went to the gym, did full body (on that day i had already strentgh loss), AND i was so tired i slept during shower just for 2 sec or so that was crazy lol-

i really hope its just lil bit overtraining, and the effect will come back.

the bad thing on 5htp is that it surpresses my appetite, thats why i almot had to vomit, coz i was eating cheese and my mouth was dry and after just one bite i had to run to the tuilet.

i

today i took just a lilk bit and i feel lil bit anxious and stiff, no big deal.

im not taking any other drugs or medicatuon.
im thunking about taking some benzos for 3-5 days to restore energy but im afraid to interfere with this 5 htp thing.

Last edited:
hmmmmm it still works at least the energy thing, but seems like it works 3-5 hoursafter administration.
i would like to go to gym again, but my muscles are so fucking sore, my neck is so stiff and my legs are so heavy loool.

im very optimistic that the euphoriawill come back after my gym abstinence i will let you know

wow i feel so energetic now lol its funny coz i feel miore energetic in comparison back then when i took methyplehindate

Im so fckn overtraineeed a walk to grocery store makes me so tired ufff.
I dont even wanna touch my dick

@tweakerguy I remember the physiological symptoms being super strong and kind of hard to describe... there's almost no exact reference point. I'd done boatloads of cocaine and never had that reaction from use or a comedown, the Saint John's Wort definitely pushed it over the edge. Bad times.

Well, my "attacks" used to occur right in that half sleep state when coming down from a good high. I'd be right on the edge of sleep and then a sudden stab of anxiety would snap me awake and depression so bad, you can feel it in your head like a vacuum is actually sucking out every last drop of goodness or something. Followed by the worst sensation of dread that just lingers for what feels like hours.
I remember like you not being able to pinpoint the area it came from. It was both physical and mental at once somehow. Total absence of anything positive. Pure evil.

Thankfully that hasnt occured in years but it makes me wonder what sort of lasting damage i had done.

Well, my "attacks" used to occur right in that half sleep state when coming down from a good high. I'd be right on the edge of sleep and then a sudden stab of anxiety would snap me awake and depression so bad, you can feel it in your head like a vacuum is actually sucking out every last drop of goodness or something. Followed by the worst sensation of dread that just lingers for what feels like hours.
I remember like you not being able to pinpoint the area it came from. It was both physical and mental at once somehow. Total absence of anything positive. Pure evil.

Thankfully that hasnt occured in years but it makes me wonder what sort of lasting damage i had done.
Hm sounds awful and this happened why ?

Last year when i consumed xtc i had a very bad side effect namely sleep paralysis. This was sooo bad. Thats why i never ever tskw ctc ahain, xtc ist the worst drug for me. It fucks up everythibg: my motor skills, my feeling of being here, coordination and derealsosizion hmm so disgusting.
And my dick is deadfrom xtc.
I wish i found 5htp back then but whatever i found it now ita the best drug for me

Last edited:
After having my own psychotic break/schizo meltdown after fucking around with too many serotonergic drugs + chornic sleep deprvation.....

I do NOT like to fuck around with my serotonergic system anymore.

God damn I still love good LSD.... but take it with great respect now..... and some benzos/antipsychotics just in case that beast ever comes back

but yeah.... IDK why people are taking stupid doses of 5-HTP.... it's not worth your brain man or your life !!! trust me!!!

God damn it reminds me that just 3-4 years ago I would do ANYTHING to get high on ANY DRUG. Until my brain literally snapped and I was begging and crawling for mercy in the hopes of regaining my sanity....

Finally clicked drugs are not worth dying or losing your mind permanently over.....

still working my way back up the ladder slowly but surely....
What the hwll wtf did u take to fuck up yourself so bad ?

What the hwll wtf did u take to fuck up yourself so bad ?
2+ years of intense stress, alcoholism and CHRONIC sleep deprivation
then combined with 6 months of reckless LSD, DMT and Mushroom abuse

at one point I was drinking 20 beers, smoking DMT 3 times per night and tripping on shrooms/LSD 3x per week.... (combined with kratom, phenibut, meth, coke, opioids.... here and there) this went on for 5 months.....

There was one night I was on 10 different drugs at the same time. Stupid ass shit.....

I remember my mind started slipping but didn't notice it at the time. I was tripping 3x per week but noticed my tolerance started going DOWN instead of UP.... 1g of mushrooms started feeling like 4-5g....

still didn't see the signs...

then one day my brain just fucking snapped man.... about 2 weeks of complete psychosis and about 6-12 months of schizo... lingering effects for up to 3 years.

I blame 2-3 years of alcohol related sleep deprivation and 5 months of STUPID amounts of hard psychedelics

In my younger and unwiser days, I took anywhere between 100mg to 6 grams and have never noticed anything other than an upset stomach, and thus stopped taking it. I would imagine if this did have any sort of recreational value, that it would be known. Though stranger things have happened.

Couldn't tell I even took anything, except for the bolus of capsules in my stomach, making it hurt. The power of placebo is a real thing though. If someone gave me some and told me it would do something, maybe I would have had a different experience.

I got a buzz off catnip once.................

although it may have been placebo....

don't want to be rude but if you get high off 5-htp it's either placebo or you have amazingly unique brain chemistry (and in that case 5-HTP is probably VERY toxic to you)