View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 5-MeO-DMT Love

ItsclearlyFake

Bluelighter
I think it's absolutely beautiful, beyond comprehension, the clear clarity and release that happens when you are watching your favourite artist music video, and you realize you are watching YOURSELF.

It's was all a Dream YOU Constructed. There are no others. I am You. Pure Love. Pure imagination. I Love you so much.

After repeated tries with the compound, I can say for certain that it is about as far away from DMT, as you can get. Smoking it is possibly the least terrifying route, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's activity at (is it 5HT1a or 5HT1d) the 5HT subtype is a fraction of the non methoxylated version ie DMT. Basing that on the fact the 5-MeODMT always seems to cause galloping anxiety, for me: DMT has virtually noanxiogenic effect, for me.
The worst route was IM, which I found sometimes to produce 'shit myself with fear' type anxiogenesis. I don't ever IV any drug, unless it's by accident and a hit a small vein, rather than the muscle, so I have no data for that route.
I've found that I am yet to find a 5'methoxylated tryptamine that I prefer to the non ring substituted version: sort of think it might have something to do with the 5-MeOversion always seems to cause gastric agitation and distress (I have always loved alpha methyltryptamine, even if it does cause some gastric distress. 5-MeO AMT, while requiring a much smaller dose, left me feeling like I was going to vomit, for a good 8-10 hours. The visuals were also different; 5-MeO AMT producing sickly looking, sliding visuals, whereas the CEVs for AMT look very like mescaline.
Even the 4 substituted tryptamines produce more nausea/gut churning than the unsubstituted ones. Not enough to make me say I would never take them again. I mean hell, I'm still game to eat psilocybin containing fungi, even if the effects of them is noticeably more gut churning than synthetics, like 4-acetoxy DMT. Ring substitutedDPT compounds, quite frankly, scare the shit out of me (the N,N dipropyl substitution seems to have less of N,N dimethyl calming effect and Shulgin reported 5-MeO DET as being almost poisonous, yet plain DET is probably the friendliest out of all the dialkyltryptamines I've tried (yet to try methyl, isopropyl tryptamines. Anybody got anything positive today for MiPT (apparently it's got very little in the way of visuals, which makes me weary)

5-meo-DMT is possibly psychedelic substance with effects I find easiest to describe, for me it’s simply – bright white light

Further experimenting with this substance, if/when I ever get it again will only be in small doses combined with something

Never found it uncomfortable as some describe it, neither found it more intense than DMT at doses I tried

Usually smoked it and tried snorting it but for me it didn’t work really good via that ROA

I absolutely love 5-meo-DMT once I got over my fear of it. I've smoked/vaped it probably 100+ times and I've only had one bad experience with it.

That one time was shortly after moving back to my parents farm at beginning of pandemic. I walked down to this beautiful natural area where as a young man, I thought I would eventually die in this special place. Took a pretty good hit and realized this was NOT the place. Haven't been back to that spot since, but have smoked it dozens of times since.

Ever since I've gotten over the fear, there is absolutely zero anxiety.

Turned down a free 5-MeO-DMT sample a few years ago which was truly a bonehead move in retrospect. Was more scared of it then for whatever reason. Sure i may not have gotten around to using it for awhile but i think i would at somepoint. It sounds like some lifechanging stuff.

Turned down a free 5-MeO-DMT sample a few years ago which was truly a bonehead move in retrospect. Was more scared of it then for whatever reason. Sure i may not have gotten around to using it for awhile but i think i would at somepoint. It sounds like some lifechanging stuff.
I’ve had this sitting in my stash box for years and have been too scared to try it. I have been seeing a lot of content regarding the compound lately, maybe it is calling me…
I suggest boofing, that way you can control the dose much more precisely, and you can contemplate in that radical state.

It's not a rockeship like it's smoking it, but still very interesting.

The experience I talk about happened after plugging 20-25mg. It's not that a big of a dose with that ROA. But if trying for the first time I suggest 10-15mg.

Also, be extremely 'scientific' measuring the doses because a mistake with this stuff can leave you in the spot. (lethal dose its definetely possible if doing a mistake with measuring the dose)

Also, be extremely 'scientific' measuring the doses because a mistake with this stuff can leave you in the spot. (lethal dose its definetely possible if doing a mistake with measuring the dose
Heh truth to this.

So my true beginnings with 5 meo dmt (fumarate) were as follows. I had ordered 3.5g off DNM years before I ever touched it. I was scared like so many others, and didn't really trust the quality of it. Well one night years later, I was drunk and probably high on cocaine (I was an avid user eventually addict around this time), I gained enough courage, and i think I snorted a eyeball dose. Well i completely blacked out, woke up with only a vague memory of actually doing it. Needless to say, i wasnt to keen on trying it again.

Eventually i was, but i went to mexico and smoked the toad medicine. 1st experience was actually pretty rough but i moved myself in a way that I almost reached a samahdi state. 2nd attempt completely changed my perspective on life (communicated w god).

When i got back to the states, started to explore the fumarate which I'd purchased 5 years prior or so. I did not have a mg scale. So i laid out maybe 50mg, and divied it up into 5 or so lines, the 1st being a few specs of powder, increasing the mass of each line, the last being prolly +20mg.

From there I followed shulgin method to some extent.
Snorted the first line (3mg bump?) and nothing happened.
Waited 2 days, snorted the next line which was about double the mass and nothing happened.
Waited 2 days snorted the 3rd line (10-12mg) and got a very faint but real feeling.
Waited 2 days snorted the next biggest line (maybe 15-18mg) finally got a real effect which I enjoyed very much, but it wasnt overwhelming at all.
Next day went out w friends, had some drinks got back home and the last line was staring at me, but i said fuck it and threw it in a pipe sandwiched between cannabis, ripped it, and BAM I was gone.

After that night I began to smoke and share it frequently. The 3.5g turned into about .5g after 4 months.

It was also a pretty dark time of my life. Since I knew god on a personal level, I let myself go off the deep end for a while. Eventually realized I was ruining relationships with my substance use/abuse and I started a new life, stopped all cocaine use, moved to a new state, and ever since then, I've been a lot more moderate with 5-meo-dmt.

But to this day, I still approach the substance with a complete unwavering faith.

It's an absolutely amazing material, I've never found anything quite like it, though I've heard that 5-MeO-MALT touches on the same plane.

I should probably write this all up as a TR

I have done unmeasurable trips on 5 meo. For a time I was even addicted to it. Go figure, getting addicted to a triptamine. Psichedelic crack. Smoking compulsively every night. Yea it´s possible

And its wondrous. And a bit scaring.

Thanks god it was like 10 or more years ago. Current I only do it sparingly, from time to time, sniffing mini lines. Smoking it is way too heavy/in your face and connects me why past memories that are better left fading away

Sniffed it lasts like 30-60 min, its way more gentle and suitable for all audiences.

Deffo 5 meo is so different to all the rest, like DMT is so different too and they are so different in bewteen. All jewels.

Do not be afraid, psychonaut. Just take with respect and good measures

I have done unmeasurable trips on 5 meo. For a time I was even addicted to it. Go figure, getting addicted to a triptamine. Psichedelic crack. Smoking compulsively every night. Yea it´s possible
I heard something similar from a guy.

He said that vaping small doses would be a bit hedonistic and blissful, kind of straight up recreational drugs!

My first and only experience would probably qualify as a light dose.

There was only blackness. No sight, no sound, no body. I was a little concerned that my absent body wasn't breathing, which preoccupied a good portion of my attention during the experience. No bliss, no terror, no euphoria, no insight, no transpersonal union with the entirety of existence. Just blackness flavored with a bit of worry.

And its wondrous. And a bit scaring.

Thanks god it was like 10 or more years ago. Current I only do it sparingly, from time to time, sniffing mini lines. Smoking it is way too heavy/in your face and connects me why past memories that are better left fading away

Sniffed it lasts like 30-60 min, its way more gentle and suitable for all audiences.

Deffo 5 meo is so different to all the rest, like DMT is so different too and they are so different in bewteen. All jewels.

Do not be afraid, psychonaut. Just take with respect and good measures
Sublingual is also "kinder and gentler", Grain of salt size pieces under the tongue, spaced at least 20 minutes apart, until you get where you want. Different effect to smoking.

5meo-dmt always had a pretty hard come down for me and i've never really gotten that from any other psychedelic. i don't really hear too much about it. i felt really drained and i wasn't even tripping that hard from the dmt. when i came down it was like i felt normal sickness that i'd get from the flu or something with out the congestion... when i come down from any l.s.d. related tryptamines, i always feel great.

5meo-amt was nothing at all like 5meo-dmt to me either. i enjoyed the 5meo-amt a lot more personally.

i always hear great stuff about smoking dmt though. i'd definitely try it if given the chance... someone in this thread even said you could smoke the 5meo-dmt, i didn't know that. i would've given it a shot. darn.

5meo-dmt always had a pretty hard come down for me and i've never really gotten that from any other psychedelic. i don't really hear too much about it. i felt really drained and i wasn't even tripping that hard from the dmt. when i came down it was like i felt normal sickness that i'd get from the flu or something with out the congestion... when i come down from any l.s.d. related tryptamines, i always feel great.

5meo-amt was nothing at all like 5meo-dmt to me either. i enjoyed the 5meo-amt a lot more personally.

i always hear great stuff about smoking dmt though. i'd definitely try it if given the chance... someone in this thread even said you could smoke the 5meo-dmt, i didn't know that. i would've given it a shot. darn.
Smoked, 5-Meo-DMT always produced 3 stages for me in moderate dosages.
1. A clear, kinda pleasurable, but kinda dysphoric, psychedelic effect (kinda mushroom like, kinda). Feels "alien" or "reptilian"..
2. 5 or 10 minutes after that, a "knocked down" effect similar to coming down from sniffing glue. Can't perfectly describe it but feeling a little sick, befuddled, fuzzy. I didn't like this effect much at all and would usually smoke more periodically and prolong the first effect.
3. About 20 minutes to a half hour after the last smoke - a pleasant classic psychedelic afterglow.

I could see #2 feeling like being sick.

I very often added Yopo seeds to the smoke to desperately try to add more psychedelia to #1. Made me feel flushed mostly but maybe added a little.
A bit of mushrooms (eaten) works better to do that.

Last edited:
I've mostly used it intranasally (up to about 20mg), which has its pros and cons. It has a very pronounced trajectory with a destinct comeup, breakthrough/peak, and afterglow. 5-MeO-DMT can be really ecstatic. I remember thinking, they got it wrong calling MDMA "extasy" back in the day, 5-MeO-DMT is the real ecstasy.

I can see how @fastandbulbous says it's so different from DMT. I've still never tried DMT, but judging from descriptions, and the character of DMT's 4-sub cousins, I'd go so far as to say that 5-MeO-DMT is the psychedelic polar opposite of DMT. Where DMT is fractal, multitudinous, detailed, multidimensional, 5-MeO-DMT is singular, unified, wholistic, void.

Time for a chart!

5-MeO-DMTDMT
YinYang
OmegaAlpha
KickSnare

Of course dividing it up and polarizing the two substances goes very against the whole message of 5-MeO-DMT, but it's been long enough since I've taken it that it's easier to make up stories about it now.

I do have to say that once I had a sort of rough trip on 5-MeO-DMT that suddenly burst into absolutely kaleidoscopic psychedelia, which took me completely by surprise and reminded me that you really can't stereotype these substances.

I thought everyone was crazy but i bought some steel wool and loaded it into a "meth pipe" and the hits it gives with the wool produced much more smoke or vapor or whatever I will never go back to non wool. It seems more efficient i got more from less, it gives bigger clouds. Very noticeable
I still havent tried the vape carts not sure its best ROA the carts but as I havent tried it i dont know

I'd go so far as to say that 5-MeO-DMT is the psychedelic polar opposite of DMT. Where DMT is fractal, multitudinous, detailed, multidimensional, 5-MeO-DMT is singular, unified, wholistic, void.
That is a great description. I myself have done plenty of DMT. But never had 5-MEO-DMT yet. Before I die I will put 5 mgs in a pipe and rip it. But since that description of DMT is accurate then the 5-MEO-DMT description is accurate as singular, unified, wholistic, void.

I'lll never do the toad. Only synthetic.

After repeated tries with the compound, I can say for certain that it is about as far away from DMT, as you can get. Smoking it is possibly the least terrifying route, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's activity at (is it 5HT1a or 5HT1d) the 5HT subtype is a fraction of the non methoxylated version ie DMT. Basing that on the fact the 5-MeODMT always seems to cause galloping anxiety, for me: DMT has virtually noanxiogenic effect, for me.
The worst route was IM, which I found sometimes to produce 'shit myself with fear' type anxiogenesis. I don't ever IV any drug, unless it's by accident and a hit a small vein, rather than the muscle, so I have no data for that route.
I've found that I am yet to find a 5'methoxylated tryptamine that I prefer to the non ring substituted version: sort of think it might have something to do with the 5-MeOversion always seems to cause gastric agitation and distress (I have always loved alpha methyltryptamine, even if it does cause some gastric distress. 5-MeO AMT, while requiring a much smaller dose, left me feeling like I was going to vomit, for a good 8-10 hours. The visuals were also different; 5-MeO AMT producing sickly looking, sliding visuals, whereas the CEVs for AMT look very like mescaline.
Even the 4 substituted tryptamines produce more nausea/gut churning than the unsubstituted ones. Not enough to make me say I would never take them again. I mean hell, I'm still game to eat psilocybin containing fungi, even if the effects of them is noticeably more gut churning than synthetics, like 4-acetoxy DMT. Ring substitutedDPT compounds, quite frankly, scare the shit out of me (the N,N dipropyl substitution seems to have less of N,N dimethyl calming effect and Shulgin reported 5-MeO DET as being almost poisonous, yet plain DET is probably the friendliest out of all the dialkyltryptamines I've tried (yet to try methyl, isopropyl tryptamines. Anybody got anything positive today for MiPT (apparently it's got very little in the way of visuals, which makes me weary)

Proof that people will rake ANYTHING.

I deprotected melotonin and then N-methylated (you know how dodgy that can be). Then I gave it away. The owner of Kokopelli was so into it... she left ME to run the shop! I HATED it. It's interesting to KNOW it has no value to you and to then give it away. Not a 'casting bread upon the water' but 'well... if you are so easily pleased'.

Last edited: