• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB (1-(benzofuran-5-yl)N methylpropan-2-amine)

After a successful allergy test in the morning I just took around 60mg a few minutes ago. Will report on results later.

After a successful allergy test in the morning I just took around 60mg a few minutes ago. Will report on results later.

Well I got increased sociability/talkativeness and slight stimulation. Most the effects are gone by now except maybe some residual stimulation.
No bad effects so far. Falling asleep was a little harder than normal, but today I feel ok.

Last edited:
Greetings Possums
I did a really stupid thing.
After a long break from RC's I became curious and ordered some of this 5-mapb as well as other new-to-me compounds from Europe. Feeling brave I took a long-shot, and threw my money at some stranger in Asia as well...in a bid for some long-lost & dearly missed methylone.
Mostly, my mail was intercepted, but the 5-mapb & methylone arrived. After messing with taste tests to look for nasty reactions, I found 100mg of 5-mapb to be just like expected, from reading the few reports already here.
BUT I did something others have not mentioned, and I'm grieved over my actions and the consequences.
For 6 days I would take methylone (150-200 mg) early in the day, and in the arvo 100mg 5-mapd.
I found the 5-mapd to make me sleepy when the effects began to wear off...so I was having kind of early nights...sleeping by 10.00...usually I'm up till later.
By day 5 I woke up with a mild headache that asprin or panadol would not touch...
On the 6th night things turned into a very bad situation. I spent the night in and out of some kind of shallow sleep, without dreaming. I don't know how I knew that I was not dreaming, but I kept waking up, feeling that headache and it's connection to my inability to go into the sleep-cycle where I dream...it felt like my mind kept trying to dream, and something would go wrong, resulting in a jolt of head-ache pain, that woke me up...this went on over and over maybe like 15 times. In the morning I felt disgusting, with headache, and really ill in an unusual way...I never felt like this before, in many years of hard-core stim-use & abuse. Things got worse from there.

I stopped all use of methylone and 5-mapd. The headache was incurable with what meds I have on hand. The following night, I did manage to go into a dream-sleep, but only during the last maybe 2 hours before getting up. I know because I remember vivid and very disturbing dreams...I usually never remember any dreams...not ever for many years.

Ok...since then, the last two nights I have been dreaming.,...and fuck me, I remember really fucked up, nasty and disturbing dreams, with all kinds of insane details, they wake me up, feeling stressed or scared from the vivid and insane-like nature of the shit that I'm dreaming...it's so bad, my sleep is not making me rested when I get up, but instead I wake up feeling ill, for two nights now, and today that fucking headache is back.

I'm not confident tonight will be any better. This being-aware of my dreams feels like some serious shit...I'm not kidding about being aware of everything I'm dreaming...like I'm half-awake during sleep with insane scenarios sometimes dreaming the same thing over and over, and no control to stop it...I'm hating this, it's like an insanity...I'm feeling scared this morning.
I have loved methylone in the past. Abused it for long periods. This is not good of course, but always I have found it to be mild, and relatively benign.
This 5-mapd to me felt like a strong drug. Much stronger than Methylone...
I think my foolish behaviour of daily use for the week has damaged me in some significant way...I'm paying a heavy price, and it's not over.
Of course I am to blame. My gut feeling is the 5-mapb specifically is directly connected to what I am experiencing now.

Best wishes to all.

lucky enough to obtain a gram of 5-MAPB in the states. I have experience with entactogens/empathogens like mdma, 6-apb, and mephedrone. I've been told 5-MAPB is excellent stuff though. Personally I did not find 6-apb to be a good mdma replacement at all and it seemed to produce a great deal of anxiety and discomfort especially during the come-up. and also there was a great deal of paranoia during the crash. Hope this one feels more like a roll. Will update with trip report in the next few days.

They aren't supposed to be replacements for other drugs. They are drugs in their own right and they will always have different effects and side effects. Enjoy them for what they are :)

I mean you're right but MDMA is like the gold standard of empathogens. I wouldn't say I enjoyed 6-APB that much because it was just really messy and not at all relaxing. It lacked tactile enhancements as well. It also wasn't a good party or socializing drug. Like with mephedrone I appreciate the fact that its effects differ from MDMA because it can be better for certain occasions and it produces a different experience. Will write a report tomorrow on the 5-MAPB. Hopefully this one will be good at a party as well.

Ok. Testing this out myself now. I did approximately 130-180 mg intranasally. Sorry but I cannot really accurately measure my dose but I did two decent sized lines. It's not too bad on the nose. There is a burn but I've had much worse.

Started to really feel it come on after the second line probably 15 minutes after the first dose.

I am feeling quite nice. At first it felt like a 6-apb come-up but this compound I can tell is much better already. Fairly smooth and clear-headed. Maybe a little jittery but pretty mellow and relaxed overall, which is what I was hoping for. However, I can feel my heart pounding a bit at this point. Definitely not trippy like 6-apb. Wouldn't really say it feels like MDMA. It feels more like a much-improved 6-APB though. Distinct from MDMA for sure and not as intense euphoria-wise or effect-wise but definitely a very good drug. Tactile enhancements are there. Music appreciation is there. Decent but not overwhelming euphoria and sense of peace is there. Actually it feels quite sedating.

Like transform said about enjoying different drugs for what they are. I really enjoy this one because it is different than MDMA, and most other RC entactogens in a good way. I feel like this one is like an opiate/opioid version of 6-APB. Like oxycodone with an 6-APB twist almost. It has a sort of dreamy and tranquil feeling that is not at all pushy or in your face. As far as empathy goes I do not feel much in that regard. There is no urge to talk my head off. But then again I feel that I can socialize better on opiates/opioids, and even though I would not call it empathetic, it does dumb down the part of your mind that tends to automatically judges other people. I would say 5-MAPB as well as opiates/opioids softens the ego a bit. So since I compared 5-MAPB to those class of drugs I feel that it would be useful in social situations as well.

This is a really great and unique compound. Not very much like 6-APB at all. Have never tried 5-APB though. Well have to finish up homework now. I feel pretty clear-headed so it shouldn't be a problem. Might update if effects change. It's been about 45 minutes so far. But that's pretty much my report on 5-MAPB.

It feels good to talk to people on this stuff. Conversation just flows. I find it easier to talk to people due to the feelings of relaxation. But you are still in control unlike MDMA where I pretty much just talk non-stop random stuff.

Also beginning to have feelings of empathy. Feelings of openness are present. Subtle but definitely there now.

Last edited:
Has anyone combined this with 2c-c? How was it? Are there any potential dangers?
I've combined it with 25c-nbome, which was a wonderful combination. No adverse effects noted.
2c-c and 5-MAPB sounds like a great combination to me :)

insuffliltation works great, in slow steady bumps - pre moisturized nose.

have been combining with mpa, and taking rectal administration as well.

in somewhat of honey moon, finding this very clean atm.
plan to combine with something in the 2c class to push the visuals over the edge.

edit: definitely seen some sleepy people on this, needs a dopamine push - also i find it fairly visual - light distortion

Last edited:
this is an excellent compound, I tested it rectally and IV and was not disappointed in any way. VERY MDMA-like with a good level of euphoria and pleasant stimmy body effects like I said very akin to MDMA. Since I used these ROAs the rush was obviously very pronounced in a completely pleasurable way,never going over the top into emergency terroritory. I've never done any of the apb's so I cant compare but it was better than 3MMC for me and almost comparable to methylone and mephdrone.

agreed, still find myself combining with mpa or ideas of similar stims like 2fx
found i can do it all day with re-doses, for a couple days on end.. no longer
visuals as much on day 3.

feels very cleAN, and fiendish with mpa/stims added

it is. I mixed it with a-php,mdppp and 4-meo-a-pvp all with good results if stim is what you're shooting for. the aphp gets me whacked for some reason.

Not too much discussion about this compound, a year between the previous three posts and the one before it.

I plugged 35 mg, followed by what looked like 20-25mg 15 minutes later (I weighed the first dose on a mg scale, and guessed the second, at these quantities with a chemical of this potency I didn't see a problem).

It may need to be kicked into the 150mg+ range like you guys are talking about for real good effects, but then again it's only been 45 minutes, and I didn't really want a "full" mdma like experience, just some pep and energy.

This thread makes this look much better than the big & dandy thread lol

I think a lot of the members on the big & dandy got a bad batch. Also people seemed to be really overdoing it.

I have been through every thread referring to 6-MAPB/5-MAPB. I am surprised that there isn't more information on how a combo of these two substances is and whether it is better than either one on their own. Has anyone done this yet or knows someone who has and how it went?

There is a lot of discussion about these two compounds combined with other compounds, such as tryptamines, which is also surprising given that there is a dearth of information about what just the two on their own would be like.