• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB (1-(benzofuran-5-yl)N methylpropan-2-amine)

20max10

Bluelighter
Anybody heard of 5-MAPB? Know anything about it? Noticed some vendors stocking it but can't find any information about it

Heres an image of it I found, I think its 5APB with an extra methyl group

Appeared on the UK scene only this week. No real info as yet beyond the merest handful of anecdotal reports from those lucky enough to have had a sample previously from the vendor when they were looking at bringing it in. Shorter acting version of 5-APB, maybe about half as long for peak, some say more straightforwardly stimmy, some say has similar psychedelic effects to 5-APB, seen a comparison to methylone though not as cathinoney in feel, either way similar euphoria and entactogenic properties, all very vague. More than that very little, as you'd expect at this point. Some interest in it, will see how it compares but expensive at the minutes, silly expensive, will wait for prices to fall as more comes available.

i have been very curious about these N-methyl variants on 5-apb and 6-apb as well; there doesn't seem to be anything known about them at all. given the relationship between e.g. amphetamine/methamphetamine and mda/mdma these compounds could be very promising. actually, i'm far more interested in N-methyl-6-apb, but i'd be very excited to hear any experiences that people have with N-methyl-5; none of my trusted vendors have this one in stock yet.

Alove, come across one report suggesting that the 6-MAPB is very close to MDMA in terms of duration and effect, much more so than 6-APB which is more MDAish. Very, very interested in testing that, would be exactly what I've been looking for. Hope it's arrival is imminent now the 5 is trickling out.

ah, sepher, very interesting, thank you! so, perhaps it's as i had hypothesized. that's exciting. hopefully it'll see broader distribution soon. any word on how N-methylation affects the "gentleness" of 6-apb? one of the aspects of that particular chemical which i really enjoy is that there's really no crash the next day as there might be for e.g. mda or mdma. i suppose the piper always must be paid for a jump in potency?? any effect on come-up time? is the trip report in a public forum, or was it just private correspondence? i'd love to read the whole thing first-hand.

The addition of the n-methyl group seems to significantly decrease the time it takes to kick in. (and shortens duration somewhat)

Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if it is the succinate salt being sold as opposed to the hcl.

Mol mass of freebase; 189.2536
Mol mass of hcl salt; 225.715 (83.8% 5-MAPB)
Mol mass of succinate salt; 307.3416 (61.5% 5-MAPB)

Not entirely keen on paying the expected price per gram if it's only actually going to be 615mg of 5-MAPB in a best case scenario.

Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if it is the succinate salt being sold as opposed to the hcl.

Not entirely keen on paying the expected price per gram if it's only actually going to be 615mg of 5-MAPB in a best case scenario.

Efforts being made to find out. Unlikely to have an answer till early next week, if then. Would look a lot better value if HCl, might be worth a punt. Succinate, not paying three times what I can get 5-APB succinate for with effects uncertain, can live without a little while till more's known about it, or wait for more to come through and pricing to fall.

if this is king (compared to 6/5-apb), why is it only getting sold now?

Anyone interested or tried 4-MeMABP? Lovely RC IMHO but there is very little information around. :(

--» Peace o/

`Vaso` I should imagine refers to vasoconstriction. Why isn`t there any good information on this drug? I assume those who manufactured it must have run trials before unleashing it upon the open market? It`s just not good enough,consumers deserve to know,especially when they get fed the old shpeel that the prices have to be high because of the cost of the research put into making the product.

Reports bound to be thin on the ground Phoenix. UK source claiming over 18 months in R&D and five figure sums. Bound to keep schtum so noone else manages to pull the rug out from under their feet as far as a return on that investment goes. Could well be true, think often a small test synth as proof of concept doesn't always scale up well enough to make bulk production viable. One UK source looking at bringing in Allylescaline found that anyways. Only reports I've seen so far are from those lucky enough to have sampled the initial test run product. You'd have to be on the site they were posting on to find them. Will be lots more anecdotal info soon enough.

I hear what your saying Sepher,i didn`t take those angles into consideration,but still,you would think it were in their best interest to get the information out there,if it`s any good that is...So many times we`ve been fed a load of hype.

I have some 5-MAPB arriving in a few days, so I shall report back on my progress. Fairly stoked about this one, been waiting for these N-methyl varients for a while. Its a shame 6-MAPB wasn't released first in all honesty.