• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower 40% THC weed??

It's great weed, but not some record breaking stuff:

20230811-164720.jpg
I see leaf albeit triched.

However outstanding to hit even 30% I think must be purely bud matter zero sugar leaf.

The highest I’ve ever herd was 37.5% of some supposedly legit tested Swiss weed but that was an anomaly kept for the chosen ones.

Copped 3.5g of Garlic Wizard a month or two ago, only on the strength that the lab results showed 34% thc.

Vaped it and wasn't impressed.

Assuming mislabel, disinformation or extremely high tolerance to strictly THC. Throw in a bunch of CBx's and i'm higher than i've ever been with a room that can't stop spinning after a couple hits. Some fuck-i need-to-go-lie-down type of shit. I've recently learned that a couple percentage points of CBG and CBV on top of at least 18% THC and I'm basically perfectly medicated (others might say sedated, but I guess I just like being calm.)

and you know the fucked up part? I don't even know what the fuck CBG or CBV is, aside from some type of cannabinoid. I just know if them bitches are on the label then it's probably what I'm looking for, even if i've never heard of the pretend strain name the shop's trying to use.

Last edited:
I can buy legal weed that tops out at ~34% THC wt from Health Canada approved testing labs. That’s uninfused. Infused weed is available and seems to topmout around 45%. Haven’t tried any b/c of the ridiculous price.

Infused joints or moonrocks seem to top out ~45% THC wt.

I used to buy just based on THC content. Then with a bit of edumacation I started throwing in terpenes into my ‘ideal’ strong weed. And then came like @Jibult says the ither Cannabinoids. CBN in edibles seems to really throw me for a loop or smoking some aged hash.

Waiting for legal donut hole joints (a snake of resin/rosin/full melt running right down the centre of a joint that, when burning, leaves a hole right down the middle).

Tom

edit: And waiting for the room to start spinning up.

How sure are you cats that they can't/don't dip the buds in hash to coat them with THC?

I know nothing about this, but one of the shops near me in South Carolina said that they were doing this. But I don't know nothing about it.

Edit: My guess is that the hash that people smoked in the 70's would have been about 15% THC, so when you're getting bud that is +20% THC it is probably stronger than the strongest stuff that your parents ever smoked.

How sure are you cats that they can't/don't dip the buds in hash to coat them with THC?

I know nothing about this, but one of the shops near me in South Carolina said that they were doing this. But I don't know nothing about it.

Edit: My guess is that the hash that people smoked in the 70's would have been about 15% THC, so when you're getting bud that is +20% THC it is probably stronger than the strongest stuff that your parents ever smoked.

Typically those products command a much higher price-point than just regular, high-potency cannabis.

They also look alien, hence the name "Moonrock." It's normally pretty easy to tell when this type of thing happens, but if they're subtle enough then you make a really good point and we honestly don't know (those of us that ain't experts, I mean.)

ime %s / testing for weed is absolutely a racket. The growers flock to the places that give the most fraudulently inflated numbers, additionally they will kief and take only specific parts of the plant as opposed to giving a representative sample which is what they are supposed to be doing.
Don't believe the hype. at 40-50% almost HALF the plant material is just crystal. that doesn't even make sense. Unless it literally looks as last poster described, with visible crystalline planes, there is no effin way im believing the 30-50% type numbers.

ime %s / testing for weed is absolutely a racket. The growers flock to the places that give the most fraudulently inflated numbers, additionally they will kief and take only specific parts of the plant as opposed to giving a representative sample which is what they are supposed to be doing.
Don't believe the hype. at 40-50% almost HALF the plant material is just crystal. that doesn't even make sense. Unless it literally looks as last poster described, with visible crystalline planes, there is no effin way im believing the 30-50% type numbers.
In Canada, testing by accredited labs is mandated by Health Canada. if the labs fudge the tests to provide larger numbers, theycan get shut down or lose their license. A companythat is selling products with knowingly false labels can get their license revoked. One company lost a license b/c of purchasing black market Cannabis and another lost their license for using unregulated/unauthorized grow rooms. As someone who regularly interacted with CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) when he still worked, us 🇨🇦 take our bureaucracy seriously.

I don't believe anything above ~36%. We are talking about companies with a 2 billion $ market capitalization. At that level youaren’t going to fudge numbers or use a disreputable testing lab. Can’t speak at all for the USA since it's state by state and I am not familiar with any testing labs in the US.

Tom
edit: I am not pimping for this product, but the Purpl Pro is Cannabinoid testing that is quick and accurate. It’s about $2K USD. I nelieve the principle is scattered IR reflection. It works on whole crumbled/roughly ground whole flower or crumbled Hash, and is non destructive. meaning you can test and then use your product that you’ve just tested. I don’t own one and don’t intend on purchasing one unless I win a lottery. It meaaures THC, CBD & Moisture %’s

Last edited:
In Canada, testing by accredited labs is mandated by Health Canada. if the labs fudge the tests to provide larger numbers, theycan get shut down or lose their license. A companythat is selling products with knowingly false labels can get their license revoked. One company lost a license b/c of purchasing black market Cannabis and another lost their license for using unregulated/unauthorized grow rooms. As someone who regularly interacted with CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) when he still worked, us 🇨🇦 take our bureaucracy seriously.

I don't believe anything above ~36%. We are talking about companies with a 2 billion $ market capitalization. At that level youaren’t going to fudge numbers or use a disreputable testing lab. Can’t speak at all for the USA since it's state by state and I am not familiar with any testing labs in the US.

Tom
edit: I am not pimping for this product, but the Purpl Pro is Cannabinoid testing that is quick and accurate. It’s about $2K USD. I nelieve the principle is scattered IR reflection. It works on whole crumbled/roughly ground whole flower or crumbled Hash, and is non destructive. meaning you can test and then use your product that you’ve just tested. I don’t own one and don’t intend on purchasing one unless I win a lottery. It meaaures THC, CBD & Moisture %’s
nice. yeh, i referring to the current situation in california. Glad CA testing is more on the up and up. and I totally agree as we get to large corps controlling the industry it will go away.
Mainly I mean small boutique couple individual grows trying to maximize the value of their crop.

Stopped by vape shop to buy some "THCa flower" ;), where they usually have typical 20-29% stuff.

They had some weed that tested at 39.7% THC. Huh? I haven't lived in a legal state for almost 10 years. I had no idea weed above 30% even existed. There was a QR code for the analysis certificate, but was in a hurry so didn't bother.

The strain is Cheetah Piss. I've had cat piss strain before which I love. The internet says Cheetah Piss should only be 20% on average. Hmm...

Honestly it doesn't look any better than typical good weed. The buds are extremely dense and sticky, but again not unusually more than weed I've had before. Visible crystals aren't that impressive either.

I haven't smoked it yet, will try it later.

Anyways I'm just surprised anything could go much higher than 30%... there must be an upper limit to THC content, right? At a certain point the structure of the plant must not work if it's all THC?
I’ve smoked some 38 % Bruce banner, I mean I didn’t send it to the lab, but it DEFINITELY felt stronger than 30, idk about the plant structure and stuff, but i would think 40 ish % is about the limit

yeah about the typos, one dispensary i go to constantly mixes up the TAC with the THC amount on the website, so the TAC is usually a few points higher than the actual thc amount, but you should be able to see on the package what it really tested at. the website of this one dispensary i go to i find mix stuff up a lot.

the highest THC i found listed in my state is 35% .... i usually get a better buzz from stuff that is above 30% but stuff around 20% and i've even had 15% that will do the trick... i've had stuff at like 29%thc that didn't really work too well for me though. it was "sun grown", i don't know. usually the outdoors i smoked were always good. i guess sun grown means green house or something... i find certain brands to be better than others despite the amounts of chemicals in the bud listed. don't know if it's my imagination or what, but i feel like the listings aren't always accurate. then again with some brands, it seems to be accurate. i wonder if different testing locations work differently. like i saw one testing video and it looked like they only used like .1 of a gram or so to do the test, i was thinking sometimes the chunk they use is a little bigger or smaller so they get different results. seems like they would be smarter testing than that though, but who knows.
The thing is it’s not all about the d9 THC, there’s lots of cannabinoids working together to produce the effects we all love. Because of this, you could have some 15% THC weed feel stronger than a 30%