• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower 40% THC weed??

...weed that tested at 39.7% THC. ... ...so didn't bother. ... ...I really don't think >35% is even possible.

Simple intuition suffices to gather the basic idea that no plant can/should/will dedicate 100 % of its resources on exclusively collecting noble molecules inside trichome glands! Imagine some GMO blob with no leaves, no stem, no roots... Would we want to trust it anyway?! ... M'well, grand-ma used to say « if it seems too good to be true », euh...

But lets put such conclusion/opinion as ours into even more accessible hints nonetheless:

Are there limits to the range of possible cannabinoid ratios in plants? (2020-Mar-12)​

Previously found out there:

Predicting Cannabis Strain Effects From THC and CBD Levels (2017-Mar-23)​

And this it to communicate the topic conveniently:

Animation_for_2-to-1_THC_vs_CBD_Ratio.gif

Deploy that quote box then notice how the maximal counts all seem to be limited within a given orange zone... IMO that's simply reflecting an ability of the plant to genetically encode its most precious production inside those glands - but not only because i'd expect more is involved in appreciating cannabis. Which is one reason i despise the « légaleezation » of Justin Trudeau (another long story).

☮️

"indica and sativa do not give meaningful guidance on cannabinoid content." KNEW IT! been waiting for a source lol.

"indica and sativa do not give meaningful guidance on cannabinoid content." KNEW IT! been waiting for a source lol.
(sigh)
"After generations of cross-breeding, and with abundant opportunity for misidentification and mislabeling, the validity of these terms as a means of distinguishing expected effects has been called into question."

^ that is some classic small shop shit.

when I googled MA marijuana potency a bunch of labs that analyze cannabis were the first links. Tells me it is a competitive market and they probably have to up the #'s a bit; but again conjecture.

Read the label, in MI it is plus minus 10% which would put it at 30 and I could believe 30 I think. Think, still be tough. The highest I have seen was 27%, labeled 30 at a different store. (same brand and strain, different batch, maybe). They put there kief at 53% and bubble hash infused joints at 40%......Kief doesn't crystalize or do anything funny; I must believe if pot can hit 30 kief can hit 40?

Yea alot more going on than THC and CBD. Flower for a good rounded buzz and concentrates to douse receptors. Shit im spoiled in the mj dept. (only have further to fall not a brag)

Yea kief and hash (same thing) typically runs around 50-55% THC. I’ve seen in the low 40’s though and rarely some in the low 60’s.

You lot are fuckin spoilt.

Here's me trying to clandestinely grow some mediocre autoflowers in the UK 'summer', while you're all banging on about "goin' down t' shop for some 40% THC bud".

It's not bloody right I'll tell ya...

Get your ass over here, I’m sure you’d fit right in ;) Yea it’s good times. Took my dad years to accept its ok now, he grew up in a state where they’d take your car for finding a seed in the floorboard. I’m liking the brave new world, better than it was back in 1984.

-GC

According to this (though hardly a definitive answer on the subject), the notion that it is 40% THC by mass is questionable:

Who knows. But if it were indeed 40% THC by mass one would think that visually it would appear different than what was pictured (instead being densely covered in trichromes, almost to the point that the leafs would appear somewhat obscured). At least, one would think...🤔

I mean if you think about it, if you are a cannabis company that uses independent labs to test your products, you will probably send your stuff in to a few different labs to see the results, and in turn, choose the lab that consistently returns the most favorable analytical results.

What's to stop some shady Armenian dude (or whatever, but "shady Armenian dude paints a vivid picture 🤣") from setting up a shady lab and returning numbers that are 7% higher than other labs. I mean what kind of oversight do these labs actually have?

Overall, I bet there has definitely been a degree of analytical result inflationary creep in the lab testing industry (as a means to survive and stay competitive). If you are a weed producer and send in a sample to two labs and get back a result of 40% THC content from one and 29.8% THC from another, which lab are you going to use?

Of course, modern day indoor grown cannabis is undeniably very strong, but cannabis flower that is truly 40% THC by weight would likely look notably different than what was pictured.

I'm not even sure I would want 40% THC tbh.

You can have too much of a good thing...

Yea kief and hash (same thing) typically runs around 50-55% THC. I’ve seen in the low 40’s though and rarely some in the low 60’s.

Get your ass over here, I’m sure you’d fit right in ;) Yea it’s good times. Took my dad years to accept its ok now, he grew up in a state where they’d take your car for finding a seed in the floorboard. I’m liking the brave new world, better than it was back in 1984.

-GC

Actually, 1984 was probably the golden age for us UK druggists.

We had shitloads of quality hash thanks to Mr.Nice.

The Amphetamine Sulphate was still pretty good.

There was plenty of decent acid floating about.

Heroin was top notch.

Pharmaceuticals had yet to be counterfeited and adulterated.

Hawkwind were on top of their game and played for 6 hours at the Stonehenge free festival.

But the rot was setting In.

Nancy Reagan had appeared on Different Strokes the year before, warning about getting "burnt out on marijuana".

Then Grange Hill decided to "Just say No".

Cue the 'Heroin screws you up' public information films:

Then it's been all downhill since then. Except for you fuckers that started it... 😠

Still, at least we ain't got fentadope, yet...

(sigh)
"After generations of cross-breeding, and with abundant opportunity for misidentification and mislabeling, the validity of these terms as a means of distinguishing expected effects has been called into question."
(sigh) I read the article. I have grown. Sativas tend to be taller, lankier, smaller yield, longer flowering. Smoking sativa vs indica I think most "weed connisseurs" would be hardpressed to tell the difference.

Hey now that ish is legal-ish we could do a double blind of a pure sativa and a pure indica.

...warning about getting "burnt out on marijuana".

They believe in some 1-way I.Q. loss theory, once we touched it the doors of hell await to open, whatever. Maybe the $¢ientology version would sound better, from the guys behind Narconon... In my sacrificed province senator Jean Lapointe, owner/founder of a "therapy" center i think, received 3.5 million dollars in a « légaleezation » context (...), when just 3 ~ 4 hours asleep will do more for less. Much le$$! $¢ien¢e-for-$ale has went crazy.

It was as if cannabis corrupted us beyond any hope to ever repent, religion-fed style (to serve endoctrination of an utopia)... « Burnt out », really?? Too bad Providence didn't arrange a meeting between her and Carl Sagan, among many cannabis consumers who happen to have become emancipated/enlightened personalities - which is an anectote as good as any other i'd say.

Why "Just say No"? Is it vaguely about cannabis dosing abuse or just cannabis in general?... How about the ratio of dosing issues and comparisons to other solutions previously adopted by our self-serving politi¢ian$! Why not put money on health-wise alternative consumption methods designed to seduce rather than "control"?!

...at least we ain't got fentadope, yet...

YMMV. Our local TV insisted with one more twisted juxtaposition just last week, as i recall, prompted by the opioïds crisis and Québec's political response... Apparently "dealers" re-use their single-use ziplock$! Euh... Somehow cannabis was evoked within a few minutes while the Halloween parlance still inflated into our mesmerized minds. Unaware the commercial pubs had started while stunned by an impression of mediatic manipulation, on LCN not to name it - so it's no wonder as they're desperate for money.

Fentadope ziplock bags, who would have imagined!

Well there's a « perfect » crime and it's only Licensed Producers who can best perform it actually, e.g. defeating the « legal=safer » dogmatic slogan: Pest Control ("sanitory") Products without any combinatorial C(n, r) restrictions nor suitable long-term studies to analyze the cocktail effect of, say, C(96, 12) so-called legal savvy toxicity-boosted recipes - as if they could all get positively verified to pose no health danger over a person's lifetime. All of it considering the earlier in life one gets initiated the more he's exposed to cumulative risk, so PCP catalogs featured with *NON-DETECTION* threshold levels don't particularily inspire me trust in a world where what's not banned is allowed, especially if that even includes myclobutanil (ref.: Zyklon-B, e.g. Level-3 poison on Chemical Weapons Convention), euh... In clear "nazi"! There's overall hundreds of PCPs in use around the world and Canada couldn't implement its cannabis reform without *THAT*, really?! Hollywoodian Halloween scare scenarios target a naïve audience made of people holding the truth, the only truth and only the truth.

Looking back at the avalanche of non-sense since the rolling machine of James Albert Bonsack (1881 patent) the worse "danger" certainly ain't from cannabis. Governments pretend to protect youth printing large *RED* labels saying "THC" even on CBD-only sealed packages containing NONE, ZERO. Over-taxing water which sell an equivalent of 5000 $ per litre - at that level of greed the understatement feels shaming.

Instead of letting emancipated adults decide the zealot$ want to dominate a market made sick by design and built for infantilized persons deemed either incurables and/or a deviant risk... All year long between 2 TV ads, preferably craft beer these days: it's a life-job for so many voter$!!

M'yeap! Downhill like a dark aby$$! And we're the fi$h. 🐟 ...which they put in their soup! 🍲

(sigh) I read the article. I have grown. Sativas tend to be taller, lankier, smaller yield, longer flowering. Smoking sativa vs indica I think most "weed connisseurs" would be hardpressed to tell the difference.

Hey now that ish is legal-ish we could do a double blind of a pure sativa and a pure indica.
Watch it there. You might hyperventilate.
I smoked Sativas only for the first ten years or so I smoked and clearly noticed the difference when Indica hit the scene. I noticed it before I read about it.
Have grown as well.
I can still feel the difference if something tends to Indica or Sativa in the high. Even now. Don't know if I'm a connoisseur.
A double blind would be fun. What I have done numerous times is smoked a Sativa high pot till evening and then smoked the Indica high pot.
I can always tell a difference.
However, the labels and advertising are not the best, that's for sure.

Many can tel the difference. Many can't, apparently.
If a Sativa grows, "taller, lankier, smaller yield, longer flowering", why do people even grow it or breed it into Indica? Why didn't everyone just switch to Indica and leave Sativa in the rear view mirror?

The oft cited articles do not say that "there is no difference between Indica and Sativa", The say, "After generations of cross-breeding, and with abundant opportunity for misidentification and mislabeling, the validity of these terms as a means of distinguishing expected effects has been called into question.". Reading is fundamental.

Last edited:
I can absolutely tell the difference between sativa vs indica high. Not always with hybrids, but from pure indica and sativa strains.

Could I do it blindfolded without ever seeing, tasting or smelling it?... I honestly don't know.

I think there is definitely some level of placebo involved.

I believe one study showed that the taste of the terpenes is the main modulating factor in the subjective experience of the high. Plus the entourage effect.

But I don't understand how anyone could say there is no difference between say "Granddaddy Purple" and "Super Silver Haze". They have very different highs... and I'm not crazy.

Last edited:
Watch it there. You might hyperventilate.
I smoked Sativas only for the first ten years or so I smoked and clearly noticed the difference when Indica hit the scene. I noticed it before I read about it.
Have grown as well.
I can still feel the difference if something tends to Indica or Sativa in the high. Even now. Don't know if I'm a connoisseur.
A double blind would be fun. What I have done numerous times is smoked a Sativa high pot till evening and then smoked the Indica high pot.
I can always tell a difference.
However, the labels and advertising are not the best, that's for sure.

Many can tel the difference. Many can't, apparently.
If a Sativa grows, "taller, lankier, smaller yield, longer flowering", why do people even grow it or breed it into Indica? Why didn't everyone just switch to Indica and leave Sativa in the rear view mirror?

The oft cited articles do not say that "there is no difference between Indica and Sativa", The say, "After generations of cross-breeding, and with abundant opportunity for misidentification and mislabeling, the validity of these terms as a means of distinguishing expected effects has been called into question.". Reading is fundamental.

Hyperventilate, is that some kind of personal attack? Personally I think people grow sativa because it tends to be more "exotic" and less available. If not only for the growing properties combined with not too people growing them.

I agree a double blind would be fun. I knew that wasn't going to be a popular opinion and I understood what they meant about the abundance of cross breeding and new strains (again). If you could tell the difference double blind I would be impressed. especially If I take vision out of things as sativa buds do tend to look a little different IME.

Maybe I am more of a gourmond than gourmet and that is why I can't tell the difference? I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur either.

Dude maybe you absolutely can tell the difference TBH the thought that was running through my mind when I posted that was "I am sick of getting asked if I want indica or sativa when things are all mixed up ad blended together....this doesn't need to be a subway experience" especially when new smokers in there asking the difference between everything.

Hope you understand where Im comin from jeffe.

@snafu, yea a blindfold would be neccessary. Perhaps the high is different and I just cant tell because of my tolerance. I would be interested in a double blind still. But I will concede for now. I haven't smoked a pure sativa in a long time and when I did last time I found it no different but long stretched out buds with no good colas.

Last edited:
Hyperventilate, is that some kind of personal attack? Personally I think people grow sativa because it tends to be more "exotic" and less available. If not only for the growing properties combined with not too people growing them.
(sigh) No.

People grow Sativa for the undesirable growing properties?

Dood. Sorry if I upset you. But, what I'm sayin' is that a lot of people have jumped on the "Differences in effects between Sativa and Indica is a myth" bandwagon without a careful reading of the articles they've read. The articles clearly state that there is a difference in effects of different marijuanas, but that extensive crossbreeding and mislabeling have made the Sativa and Indica labels unreliable now.

I think that sometimes people want to feel "in the know", wink, and tell their buddies how "everybody else" is fooled.

I really couldn't have put it better than Snafu. "But I don't understand how anyone could say there is no difference between say "Granddaddy Purple" and "Super Silver Haze". They have very different highs"

I will say that it is indeed true that the bulk of pot nowadays is a hybrid and that the high from it is much the same a lot of the time.
Cannabis americanus subsp:indoor?
But, there is still pot which feels more happy and psychedelic, and pot that feels syrupy and sleepy.

I'm an old fuck. I started smoking in 1971 when it was all Mexican Sativa. Smoked through the Columbian gold rush chasing that happy yellow pot buzz. and watched with sadness as Reagan used the hovering ships act to dry up the 'Lumbo. People reacted by growing outdoors in America much more and chasing strains that flowered in temperate zones. When Indica hit the scene, growers loved getting more than an ounce or two of bud per plant outdoors and getting the crop in early. It was also a strong, sleepy high and people talked about the difference. Some loved it, some did not. I liked it fine, but did prefer "sweet bud". Some good, bricked hard as a rock, red Mexican Sinse (Sativa) was what I sought out for for few years.

Hey, I like generic pot nowadays. It's not pure Indica. It's a nice buzz. Gets me sleepier, sooner than I would like, but that might be because I'm an old fuck. (Not an old fart yet, thank you. An old fuck)

My GF's daughter calls me "OG". Some days that means "Original Gangsta". Some days it just means "Old Goat".

Last edited:
the feelings i get from smoking indica v.s. sativa is a little different than what i hear described, like supposedly indica is a downer and sativa is an upper, but i usually get like 2 hours after smoking indica where i'm really up and aware. if i do notice any difference sativa is a little bit lighter of a high. i think if there is any feeling that i notice that the indicas usually give me more of a similar feeling to anxiety. i'd expect them to cause people more anxiety from how i feel, but i always hear people saying they can't smoke sativas instead... i think they are mostly very similar esspecially when they start getting into the high thc categories. i probably couldn't tell the difference between an indica and a sativa with high thc if they were both placed in front of me. i'll usually pick indica though if the prices and thc amount are the same.

i did notice while growing though that the sativas are taller with thinner longer leaves and the buds were less dense. some of the buds actually looked bigger how one poster was saying there is less yeild, but they are fluffier so there is less weight. i think some strains yield about the same amount, but the sativas might take a few more weeks to finish their grow cycle so a lot of people choose indica for commercial growing.

like i said about indica causing anxiety effects, that only lasts like an hour or two and then i need to smoke more to get the up beat effects or else if i don't smoke i'll super relaxed and burnt out which can be enjoyable too. i can keep smoking weed all day though to get that up beat feeling. it's like the more i go with that upbeat feeling and the stronger that gets, the more relaxed and tired i will be when the initial high is over.

yea I am out until the double blind takes place. Lmao if you truly want you can visit and I will supply you a DONATION of both of the strains mentioned. Maybe throw some of that bullshit flavoring in both just to take that away.......Have your friends pepsi try it; it will be cheaper for everyone. I would be impressed if you could tell the difference. Though I am only worth my .02 cents....like snapstix I am out on this one. If you don't get around to it I'll pepsi challenge a nephew or something. Not a hard one to get a volunteer for id imagine. Ill let ya'll know if I do....not that it wouldn't still be anecdotal

I shop the dispensaries on the regular and have never seen any flower test that high. I have seen infused flower like moon rocks go higher than 32% but never any flower without being infused.

I've had flower tested in the UK at 32%. It was mimosa.

At that i dare say there is stuff across the pond that's higher % THC surely with how quickly things are progressing in this day and age.