• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower 40% THC weed??

^ That's not a bad guess.

The lack of regulation means the tests themselves aren't mandatory so the producers often do one test for marketing purposes and nothing more.

^ That's not a bad guess.

The lack of regulation means the tests themselves aren't mandatory so the producers often do one test for marketing purposes and nothing more.
I’m not from the states but have some insight and was told, by a friend of a friend who works with legal weed in usa it’s more or less pay per win.

I’ve smoked a ton of cheetah piss(love that strain) and never seen it at 40% thc. That seems off somehow.

I’m not from the states but have some insight and was told, by a friend of a friend who works with legal weed in usa it’s more or less pay per win.
What you are seeing in this thread is an exacerbation of an already existing issue.

This thread isn't about legal weed. It's about legal(ish) hemp.

I know it's complicated but it's about to get even more complex once the new Farm Bill gets passed. Hold on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

What you are seeing in this thread is an exacerbation of an already existing issue.

This thread isn't about legal weed. It's about legal(ish) hemp.

I know it's complicated but it's about to get even more complex once the new Farm Bill gets passed. Hold on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Not sure I know how exactly it works on your side of the pond. In my country, as in most of the EU we have legal hemp (up to 0.3%) and medicinal weed and that’s it. But bet ya that we’ll see a copy of an USA approach pretty soon ;)

Like with just about any issue you can think of.

Not sure I know how exactly it works on your side of the pond. In my country, as in most of the EU we have legal hemp (up to 0.3%) and medicinal weed and that’s it. But bet ya that we’ll see a copy of an USA approach pretty soon ;)

Like with just about any issue you can think of.
Our hemp laws are the same except for the fact that we dismiss all testing for THCA and only require testing for THC. Many people see it as a loophole because it essentially makes hemp exactly the same as cannabis.

So in weed-illegal states we can still buy weed legally if it's called "hemp." The two names have very little difference at the moment. This unregulated market won't last much longer but I hope I'm wrong.

So in weed-illegal states we can still buy weed legally if it's called "hemp." The two names have very little difference at the moment. This unregulated market won't last much longer but I hope I'm wrong.
I don't understand this.
The cops are still calling it a crime, whatever label is stuck on the parcel.
If they say it's weed, I'll get a caution and they'll take it off me
If I try to be smart and argue it's only hemp, I might actually get in trouble :unsure:

This unregulated market won't last much longer but I hope I'm wrong.
I feel like if the DEA was going to do something they would have done it already. When d8 first came out they made a statement that they were going to stop it, however that was 3 years ago and since then they have done nothing and said nothing.

The THCa and semi synthetic noids are a lot worse than d8, too.

I feel like they may be moving towards decriminalization on federal level... I mean, it's only a matter of time, right?

I feel like if the DEA was going to do something they would have done it already. When d8 first came out they made a statement that they were going to stop it, however that was 3 years ago and since then they have done nothing and said nothing.

The THCa and semi synthetic noids are a lot worse than d8, too.

I feel like they may be moving towards decriminalization on federal level... I mean, it's only a matter of time, right?
The current hemp market is built on the 2018 Farm Bill. It expires at the end of this month. It will most likely get delayed/extended until next year because of all the complexities involved.

If we didn't have hemp farmers and large d8 companies making a fuss then we would probably see a sloppy bill being passed this year.

The hemp market is here to stay. I hope it evolves in a way it deserves.

The smart move is to not get caught with it.
If you still rely on not getting caught then it's not much of a legal loophhole.
How does it work in practice if you're stopped with weed that is packaged as hemp?
AFAIK all THC is THCa until it is heated, why would that make a difference to how it's sold?

If you still rely on not getting caught then it's not much of a legal loophhole.
How does it work in practice if you're stopped with weed that is packaged as hemp?
AFAIK all THC is THCa until it is heated, why would that make a difference to how it's sold?
It's not getting caught with it, it's shops selling it. The DEA has made numerous statements about THCO, THCA, etc..
As has been said, I think they are just working on influencing a new farm bill at the moment. It would solve a lot for them with a penstroke.

It's not getting caught with it, it's shops selling it. The DEA has made numerous statements about THCO, THCA, etc..
As has been said, I think they are just working on influencing a new farm bill at the moment. It would solve a lot for them with a penstroke.
Maybe someday I'll sober up enough to understand, my brain works slow.
So are you saying it's like the way I can go into my local florist and buy some lovely dried poppy heads perfectly legally, but if I get caught making teabags out of them I'd be in trouble?

Maybe someday I'll sober up enough to understand, my brain works slow.
So are you saying it's like the way I can go into my local florist and buy some lovely dried poppy heads perfectly legally, but if I get caught making teabags out of them I'd be in trouble?
Not exactly. All this started with Delta 8 THC, a trace cannabinoid in pot which was legal under the Farm Bill (which was meant to cover CBD products).
I don't think the powers that be were too worried about ∆8. It wasn't too strong and seemed just a fad. Then, they started coming out with more and more products which weren't exactly THC and some were pretty potent. Now they are selling THCA, which is basically what's in pot. It turns to THC when heated (smoked). So, the loopholes are pretty exploited.

The Farm Bill which made all this possible is due to expire. One proposal in the new one is to make all analogues (isomers?) of THC illegal at over 1%. I think the evil empire is just wanting to take care of it all in one fell swoop with the new Farm Bill instead of cracking down a little at a time.

Still should be interesting, though. I don't think that would cover HHC for instance. It also would leave things open for edibles which can be under 1% of whatever and still work.

Not exactly. All this started with Delta 8 THC, a trace cannabinoid in pot which was legal under the Farm Bill (which was meant to cover CBD products).
I don't think the powers that be were too worried about ∆8. It wasn't too strong and seemed just a fad. Then, they started coming out with more and more products which weren't exactly THC and some were pretty potent. Now they are selling THCA, which is basically what's in pot. It turns to THC when heated (smoked). So, the loopholes are pretty exploited.

The Farm Bill which made all this possible is due to expire. One proposal in the new one is to make all analogues (isomers?) of THC illegal at over 1%. I think the evil empire is just wanting to take care of it all in one fell swoop with the new Farm Bill instead of cracking down a little at a time.

Still should be interesting, though. I don't think that would cover HHC for instance. It also would leave things open for edibles which can be under 1% of whatever and still work.
Thanks, wouldn't it be so much simpler if they'd legalize it worldwide?
They are legalizing in Germany atm and 14% might become the legal limit or they might let home grown be stronger.
It gives me hope.
You'd have to work hard to get high on 1% stuff, unless it was in a big chocolate fudge cake 🙏🤣

It ain’t a loophole if a rabithole it’ll lead you is known. Such loopholes don’t work for LSD or MDMA or anything but suddenly work for THC, why? Ain’t that hard to guess

Yeah, I think it's logical to assume the test is an anomaly or was done improperly. I really don't think >35% is even possible.

I don't think the store is intentionally lying, though. Just a faulty test.
Yes I do recount pre signing up at BL too large pot forums, hearing of a legit 36.

And was years ago.

31, 32 became non preposterous just uncommon.

So it's very feasible to me.

The Autoflowers we've done recent, Jack Herer has tested at 26.9% not us but weakest of our 3 on paper, G Cookies up to 29%.

That's how far Autoflowers have come. OG lowryders were maybe half that.

Still reading through.