• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-MEC (4-Methylethcathinone) Megathread (v1)

so what's the deal here? is this stuff trash/ineffectual or legitimate? hearing this amount of mixed response indicates it might by interactions with other drugs people are taking, or the simple reason of different peoples' body makeup causing the array of responses. not really interested in this stuff. just curious.

4mec

2vdmz9k.jpg

heres recent pic for the above poster
arrived in uk in last 5 days

I'm not a stimulant fan, nor do i tend to use illicit (or pseudo-illicit) drugs these days.. and i know this quote is really old (from the page 1 of this thread back in 2010) when 4-MEC was still very new; & possibly being presented as something as 4-MEC when it may had been something else (given recent legislation & potential vendor left over stock of, say, mephedrone)

BUT.. the bolded part in the quote below made me laugh my ass off =D

Bought half a g, in the spirit of scientific curiosity. Apart from the odd pale green colour everything about it was like the more stinky mephedrone synth. Smell, taste, texture, feel on the sinus, effect, fiending, stinky piss through constricted kidneys, vasoconstriction and an unhealthy obsession with internet filth.

^SOOO true, haaa

I pretty much hate 4-MEC, but it's not too bad when combined in low doses with 2-FMA or other classic stimulants. It combats the lethargic/drowsy feeling and makes it more euphoric. Decent for social situations and makes me a little more chatty.

Some empathogens are just too stoning, and 4-MEC is one of them. 5ME is another. Absolutely HATED that one.

I might sample this stuff for assistance w/ work.. 500mg batch easily & cheapily within my reach; would it be helpful? Or is it more on an empathogen?? Don't want that, really.

Any hints on potential intro doses? addictive properties? I work w/ reading lots of material that's not interesting in telecom industry, also dealing w/ customers regularly.. & i'm trying to move up (very competitive, in a good way, there). i'm a personable individual (& always was on amphetamine & the few times I tried its stronger, preferable methyl-cousin, too), so not worrying about going off on someone under stim influence.. But, i never had a "problem" with stimulants. All that shit happened w/ opiates/opioids years after i was dicking around w/ stimulants (although, i did concurrently use cocaine if my drug of choice, heroin and/or fentanyl, was plentiful at times when able- but could take it or leave it; hated not being able to sleep).

I am currently stimulant naive.. haven't used any stimulant in at least 6 years; but prior to that. I could down a teener (1/16th of one ounce) of cocaine in 12 hours, or around an eight (err, eightball - 1/8 of one ounce) when i was banging dope :(

Tolerance to amphetamine was usually around 40-60mg to get my jollies off & fuck till my dick hurt.. (ratio of D isomer to L isomer was 1:4, obvious what pharmaceutical formula that is :p) It should be noted I have no cath. experience. Only amphetamines & phenethylamines when it comes to stimulants.

This still alive? Kill it, kill it with fire!

I remember I accidentaly shot up 4-MEC thinking it was 4-MMC once, it sucked. It felt like 4-MMC with all the side effects and no euphoria...

I'm pretty sure the "snow blow" they sell in dublin which is supposed to be 4mmc is actually 4mec. I wouldn't be a fan.

Amazing what a slight change in chemical composition can do to a drugs effects.

Apologies for the necro.

Just found out that my source for 4mmc was likely selling me 4mec. This is causing me to question if ive ever actually used mephedron, or if its all been 4mec. In all honesty, its changed my opinion on 4mec quite a bit, as ive appparently had some great times while on it, thinking it was meph.

Just some food for thought

Apologies for the necro.

Just found out that my source for 4mmc was likely selling me 4mec. This is causing me to question if ive ever actually used mephedron, or if its all been 4mec. In all honesty, its changed my opinion on 4mec quite a bit, as ive appparently had some great times while on it, thinking it was meph.

Just some food for thought

You would know the difference, its not subtle. Ive blown upwards of 70+ grams of 4mmc in my life, and tried 4-MEC on multiple occasions. If you actually get what you think you are getting, from a trusted reliable source, they are much different. Like a previous poster said, 4MEC is all of the side effects of 4mmc, without any real euphoria or stimulation. Dont confuse euphoria with "empathogenic" or serotonergic. This stuff is horrible. This isnt even the poor mans version of 4mmc, its just crap. Obviously thats just my opinion, however Ive tried MANY many different RCs and I say with certainty this is the worst.

All it did was cause me LOADS of anxiety, a huge serotonin rush (not the good kind. the "stoned" without the stone kind), no euphora or real stimulation. Perhaps if a very low dose of this stuff is mixed with a stimulant, say a 95/5 mix of this plus 3-mmc, it may lead to an okay mediocre time, but thats it. Id stay away from this stuff, its no inherently bad, but you may freak out on it.

If you got real 4mmc, you would know the difference. Its a whole different world. Especially the Chinese stuff, boy oh boy, probably my favorite stim of all time.

Anyone else notice how black and white divided the opinions on 4-MEC are? Most people consider it worthless, but there is also fairly large group of people who find it VERY euphoric.
No other RC seems to have so bipolar reviews, eg. with 4-FA all agree it's euphoric, sure some people like it less some more. MDPV has super short rush followed by crash from hell and strong urge to redose etc. and you don't see people saying complete otherwise.
With 4-MEC it seems you either love it or hate it. And it can't be all about different vendors/batches as I have prime example in my own family - I find MEC absolutely non euphoric whilst my sister loves it. We both have pretty high tolerance to all cathinones and stims in general, yet when she takes 400mg of 4-MEC she swears it's almost as good as 4-MMC (say 200mg). I am just nauseaus as fuck from 400mg and try to get that shit out of my body as quickly as possible.

It's as if 4-MEC has the pontential to be euphoric for everyone (which it basically has as it releases tons of serotonin) but there's something in it that blocks the fun for many, if not most people.

Also let's not forget 4-MEC used to be heavily marketed as the closest replacement for 4-MMC, almost every vendor in the world offered it but it quickly became much rarer and never became heavily widespread. Many vendors lost money on it as demand was much lower than expected.

Hi guys,

I received a sample of 1000mg of 4-MEC from a vendor which I purchased a lot (almost every day for like a year now) and he gave me a generous sample of 4-MEC with an order.

What should I expect with this one? My experiences with empathogenes are pretty limited (Methylone, 5-MAPB, 6-APB, 3-MMC).

Thank you <3

It's hardly like any of those you mentioned. It's mostly serotonergic with no rush and no empathy whatsoever. It makes you kind of sleepy/lethargic with some dull stimulation in the background, so you basically don't feel like doing anything, higher doses only produce side effects like nausea and vomiting.

Thanks ! My 4-MEC came in a "rice grains" form, looks beautiful!

Do you advice snorting the chemical or bombing?

Thank you adder :)

Wish i could find some 4-MEC. Was easily my favorite RC stimulant next to 2-fma. Aye, I miss 'er.

It's hardly like any of those you mentioned. It's mostly serotonergic with no rush and no empathy whatsoever. It makes you kind of sleepy/lethargic with some dull stimulation in the background, so you basically don't feel like doing anything, higher doses only produce side effects like nausea and vomiting.
I second This. This stuff is total shite. Not worth anything. Its exactly like you said and its very very caustic. I don't do RC bullshit anymore but this stuff was Terrrrribleee ..... youre better off getting some mdma.

this stuff is very nauseating as well. caustic caustic trash

Last edited:
I was clearing out my hard-drive when I found a word pad document with 4MEC notes on it from August 2011. I will just summarize it.

My first time using it gave me similar effects to mephedrone, say 65-70% 4mmc, and alot shorter duration. Redosing worked to an extent and after that it made me feel nauseated and almost poisoned.

Report 1
There was the initial 'crazy rush' feeling where you think 'oh here we go', it was stimulating with that 1000mph feel, I had a huge grin on my face from ear to ear and my sense of well-being was through the roof. Slowly I got small waves of orgasmic pleasure passing through my body, lasting maybe 1-2 seconds, coming every 20-30 seconds, each orgasmic wave lasted longer and longer until it was pure bliss, it was the feeling of one long orgasm, I would close my eyes and gasp at the sheer pleasure. This then slowly faded off and I was left with music appreciation, a high ego and endless horn, maybe 75% of the 4mmc horn. A redose repeated the effects, but the orgasmic waves were half the strength.

Report 2
So it was 2 weeks since the above report, I took my dosage and experienced all of the above effects but the orgasmic pleasure part was maybe 50% or less of the first time. When I re dosed this time it turn me into a sloppy, mentally confused mess, like I had been drugged with a downer and I found it extremely hard to concentrate, it was a really unpleasurable place to be in and I found myself at times closing my eyes and almost 'blacking out' - I would snap back into reality and 30 minutes would have past. Not nice at all.

Report 3

6 Months after the above report, I was in a group of 5 at a party and 4-MEC was the intended chem for the night. I was the only occasional 'light user', the rest of the group were moderate street drug users. I experienced the same great effects as stated in report 1, with redosing effective with 50% of the orgasmic pleasure.

The other 4 in the group didn't respond well at all, they pretty much immediately got very sloppy, and in a confused mongy headspace. I was actually quite concerned due to the appearance of them all looking very fucked and sleepy but they didn't seem bothered and just kept on saying 'oh this stuff gets you messed up, what the hell is it, its crazy' I made sure they didn't re-dose, I was really concerned, and it took them a good 2-3 hours to come out of this state.

Hope this helps.

I pretty much hate 4-MEC, but it's not too bad when combined in low doses with 2-FMA or other classic stimulants. It combats the lethargic/drowsy feeling and makes it more euphoric. Decent for social situations and makes me a little more chatty.

Some empathogens are just too stoning, and 4-MEC is one of them. 5ME is another. Absolutely HATED that one.

How much 4-MEC would you dose with 3-mmc for example for this effect ?