View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-p ingestion

Aidens

Bluelighter
So, I am attaining a gram of 2C-P(I only got that much because I'm a sucker for cheapness in quantity lol) and want the safest way to ingest it. I have a MG scale that I know works, but, I do not trust it on sub-10 mg doses, which is my cause for concern. I have been doing a LOT(many many hours) of lurking and have decided to make a solution with ethanol obviously. But, for storage I would like the doses premade so I have two options.
1: lay blotter. After much reading I thought it would be safe and I am confident in my knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, and psychonautism, that I can lay an even(with a tiny, mostly negligible amount of error) sheet of 200, 5mg doses
OR
2: which is where a question lies: Gel caps. I'm wondering if there's certain gel caps or a solvent I can use that does not degrade the gelcaps. I have put ethanol solutions in gelcaps before but they get way mushy after a short period of time. Gel caps would be the most accurate with little amount of work I know.
I have mostly decided on laying the blotter but I just wanted BL'ers input before I do what I do. I am a very meticulous(or perfectionist) person when it comes to drug use and am an advocate for the safest of ingestions. Thanks.

well i guess my first question for you is...
what is your history with psychedelics and why have you chosen such a heavy hitter first.
2c-p is notoriously strong and long lasting, and potent from what i understand, it doesn't have the safety profile of lets say... 2c-b. 2c-p is usually something psychonauts wanna dip their toes into after they have explored they alphabet soup of phenethylamines first. P is pretty far down the alphabet... and with reason. that Propyl group makes substances strong. Look at Dipropyltryptamine as an example.

I'm not saying don't do it. Just start low. and... i would buy a scale off of amazon... you can get a 0.000 point diamond//gold scale for like 11 dollars or something last time i checked.
With a little bowl that has a lip on it so you can pour correctly weighed doses into gel caps.

Just don't start thinking, it's not working, or something 2c-p takes a long time to peak.

Don't lay it on blotter, that is foolish and waste of a perfectly good collectors item.

To answer your question, I've pretty much dabbled in everything except the more obscure research chemicals(derivatives of derivatives etc) and I know very well how potent 2c-p can be. I've comfortably used most of the 2c's as well as NBOMe's. LSD, LSA, mushrooms, (lots of) ketamine, etcetc, high doses as well. But that's not what I'm getting into. I had said I have a mg scale but I don't trust mg scales for doses under 10mg as I feel they don't show up as tentatively until you're at larger measurements. And I'm not looking to get a microgram scale.
May I ask why you say laying blotter would be foolish? I feel as though I have the information to accurately enough saturate 200 (5mg) doses so my friends and I can easily drop 1-2 tabs in our mouths and swallow and not have much if any waste. I read on erowid that even with vials, substances can get stuck the edges which is why I don't want solution, and tabs instead. With that, I can wash the vial while laying the sheet to have minimal waste.

Edit: I assume you think I am of the more naive users. I take EVERYTHING into consideration, as I said I am very meticulous. I don't let my friends(if I'm in their presence) or myself ingest anything without myself knowing it's okay to do so. I take all precautions and make sure I am 100% informed to synthesize/extract/dose before I do it. That is why I ask my questions, I want to be 100%. Right now I'm at about 90-95%.

Last edited:
It sounds like you've got the answer to your question already: lay some blotter. Seems like 5mg is a lot to get on blotter, and I bet 2c-p will taste horrible though.

If you do lay them on blotter, why not just put say 100-200mg on blotter and keep some in powder, in case you find out the blotter wasn't a good idea.

Another thing you could do to improve measurement accuracy without having to make solutions or blotters is weigh out say 20mg of powder, cut it up really fine with a razor to make sure there's no clumps, then put it into an even line, and slice that line up in halves or quarters. Then you put those tiny piles in gelcaps. I too have a scale that's a bit iffy sub 10mg, and use this method.

Have you thought about making gels? I've never tried that, but it could be a good method.

^ Dividing up lines by eye is a bad idea, because of density differences in the powder you could easily be off by a few milligrams either way, which would make a big difference for a potent material like 2C-P.

For the gelcaps you could make up a solution and measure out a single dose onto a small amount of inert filler (like flour or sugar), let it dry, and then put all of the powder into the cap. Or you could just drop the dose onto a plate and let it evaporate, and then scrape up the tiny amount of powder remaining. But using the filler makes it a little easier to handle.

Personally I wouldn't bother with that or the blotters though, I would just keep the majority of it as powder and measure out 20-30mg at a time for making up solutions for liquid dosing. A 1mg scale should be accurate enough for that.

Yeah dude, your fear of inaccurate scales is unjust.
Plus 0.000 is a milligram scale.

Blotters doesn't seem too dumb to me, but if this is just for you, maybe make them 2mg and then just eat moar of them, and yes they will taste foul.
What I did was just make solutions 50-100mg at a time (I trust my scale at that level) and measure doses with a insulin syringe out of a small brown apothecary bottle and 2c-p is a once or twice a year thing for me. Powder does store nicer.

^^^ I think if you cut up the powder, say 20mg, up really really well with a very sharp razor blade (to minimize clumps), then make a nice very long even line out of it, and cut it evenly into 4 even segments using measurements on a ruler as a guide, you will end up with a pretty accurate split.

It certainly is not perfect or a replacement for a highly accurate scale, but I believe this gives better accuracy than trying to measure out 5mg on a +/-2mg scale.

GolemGolem: how do you dose the liquid? Do you just drink it straight? Seems like it might taste awful.

I didn't use that much alcohol and most of the time it goes up the bum. Tastes bad but no real issues squirted to the back of the throat and then chased with juice or coffee.

well i guess my first question for you is...
what is your history with psychedelics and why have you chosen such a heavy hitter first.
2c-p is notoriously strong and long lasting, and potent from what i understand, it doesn't have the safety profile of lets say... 2c-b. 2c-p is usually something psychonauts wanna dip their toes into after they have explored they alphabet soup of phenethylamines first. P is pretty far down the alphabet... and with reason. that Propyl group makes substances strong. Look at Dipropyltryptamine as an example.

I'm not saying don't do it. Just start low. and... i would buy a scale off of amazon... you can get a 0.000 point diamond//gold scale for like 11 dollars or something last time i checked.
With a little bowl that has a lip on it so you can pour correctly weighed doses into gel caps.

Just don't start thinking, it's not working, or something 2c-p takes a long time to peak.

Don't lay it on blotter, that is foolish and waste of a perfectly good collectors item.

In what possible way would it be foolish or a waste to do this???
I laid my 2C-P onto blotters simply for ultra safe dosage and they work just as well or better than a gel cap. The only thing to keep in mind is that it is EXTREMLEY important to to lay the blotter correctly with a calibrated micropipette! And you had better run tests with food coloring to see how the blotter paper holds the solution. It's also much safer to pre cut blotters and dose them individually rather than soaking the sheet (which should never ever be done with any chemical you could potentially overdose on. )

I hated 2c-p the first time I tried it.

Then I tried vaping it...and with this ROA 2C-P is far and away my favourite 2c-x (of those that I have tried). No body load, no 3-5 hour come-up, reminiscent (to me at least) of my experiences with mescaline.
Having said this, I seem to have a ridiculously high tolerance to psychedelic drugs nowadays.
I did not enjoy the effects of oral dosing at all - but theoretically you should be able to titrate your dose with by vaping it, as the effects are felt immediately, more or less.

As for the safety of this ROA, I am not informed enough to say - but it does seem relatively common (for a somewhat uncommon substance - and an unconventional ROA for phenethylamine psychedelics).
Vaping took away everything that I found unpleasant about the oral route, such as the bodyload and drawn-out duration.
It could possibly allow you to "start low and work your way up" in a single session, which is pretty much impossible for a drug that takes so long to reach peak effects.

How exactly do you usually vape it, spacejunk? And I assume the same story would apply to 2C-E? That one also gives me a bitch of a body load, but the duration is much more suitable for me.

Glass "hash oil"/meth pipe/bulb. Slightly acrid vapour, but any irritation it caused cleared up in 15-20 minutes.
Not caustic as I have found DMT vapour to sometimes be in the same apparatus. Vaped clean and smooth otherwise.

It was truly one of the best trips I've had - and besides cactus extracted mescaline, I thought phen psychs werent for me.
Oddly 2C-P went from "never again" to "my current favourite psychedelic".
Duration of ~5-8 hrs with a bit of residual stimulation; but no heavy come-down. I'm a terrible insomniac, yet I was asleep 12hrs after dosing. Overall a very tactile, sensory trip.
Much recommended for anyone who finds long come-ups rough and physically draining.

Yeah, but you see, Most people don't know how to lay blotters.

They think that soaking the sheet in a minimal amount of alcohol pre loaded with substance will some how fully absorb the perfect amount into each square.

Doesn't work like that. Most of it accumlates in the middle i've learned this from experience.

Yeah, but you see, Most people don't know how to lay blotters.

They think that soaking the sheet in a minimal amount of alcohol pre loaded with substance will some how fully absorb the perfect amount into each square.

Doesn't work like that. Most of it accumlates in the middle i've learned this from experience.

Yes, but take into account I am not most people. I take the utmost precautions with everything I do. My way would be to find the absolute accurate maximum absorbency(in mL) of my watercolor paper, subtract 1 mL from this since I will be using a gram of substance(and the age old assumed 1mL of water= 1 gram) to make it more accurate and soluble, then use a different sheet not tested on to lay my blotter with the solution. Then let if dry horizontally on a rack to avoid enevenness. Does this sound silly to anyone?

Yes, but take into account I am not most people. I take the utmost precautions with everything I do. My way would be to find the absolute accurate maximum absorbency(in mL) of my watercolor paper, subtract 1 mL from this since I will be using a gram of substance(and the age old assumed 1mL of water= 1 gram) to make it more accurate and soluble, then use a different sheet not tested on to lay my blotter with the solution. Then let if dry horizontally on a rack to avoid enevenness. Does this sound silly to anyone?

I cannot comment on the above method only because I haven't tried it but I had perfect success using this method:
I would use actual blotter paper and not water color paper. Sheets of plain white blotter were actually very very easy to find on google and probably way cheaper than water color paper.
1. I would cut a few different sized blotters and use a food coloring+vodka mixture being dispensed with a calibrated micropipette to see how much solution your blotters can hold before they drip snd lose solution.
I had a 250ul micropipette and found that a rectangular 3mmx9mm (I think that's right- it was the size of 3 squares on the grid of my paper slicer) could just hold 250ul of solution without dripping any of it.
So now I had to determine how to get the solution to be 4mg/250ul.
I then made a wooden box and used a staple gun to staple a large mesh screen onto it to put the bitter papers onto.

Then you must take the greatest care and lay each one individually paying close attention as you make each one.
There is no cutting corners and your math better be spot on or you could kill someone. I'm not kidding.
This is serious stuff and if you do it properly you are actually making dosing drugs with very low dosages (10mg and less) extremeley safe. But if you fuck up a single step you are potentially in big trouble.

I had no anxiety doing this for 2C-P, 5-MEO-MiPT, and Etizolam. I approached everything step by step and triple checked my math and then had at least 2 other people who are proficient in math and science science re-check my numbers and methodology. You must approach it with this level of seriousness but if you do you should have no problems and end with ultra accurately laid tabs.
This should only be done for harm reduction with substances that have a dosage where scales most scales are unreliable (under 10mg). People that sell RC's as acid deserve to be drugged out in the street and publicly shot in the face IMO and I do not support such conduct.

I've got a decent amount of experience with P, and I don't think you need to go through any of this at all. All I would do is take 10-15 mgs (crystal form), put it in a little bag (like one of those rectangle ones you can fit an eighth of weed in), pour water in the bag, and drink it. All of it would be ingested, and I would rip the bag open and lick the inside just in case. Doesn't taste the best, but it is nowhere near as bad as some of the other RCs I've tried, not even as bad as MDMA. Have fun, and make sure not to overdose. It is a VERY long come up, depending on how much you do. There's not a lot of room for error. "The trick was to surrender to the flow." :)

I hated 2c-p the first time I tried it.

Then I tried vaping it...and with this ROA 2C-P is far and away my favourite 2c-x (of those that I have tried).

Sounds interesting spacejunk. Have you tried vaporizing 2c-e as well?
I really like 2c-d and 2c-e, but haven't bothered trying 2c-p on account of it being so epic, but you've kindled my interest here. How does 2c-p compare to 2c-e and 2c-d in your experience? (if you've tried those)

I've not tried 2C-E. it's on my "to be researched" list :)
I like 2C-D; it was previously my favourite 2C-x.
But since experimenting with vaping 2C-P, it is easily my favourite. Really smooth, comfortably - great colour enhancement, music and taste were greatly heightened.
Unlike my experience with oral dosing, I felt no overstimulation, bodyload or exhaustion - it was just a 'shiny' (a word I used at the time to describe the 'clean' feeling high) rather empathogenic trip.
Same batch - I'd stashed it for ~18 months, thinking it wasnt a drug for me.

It was this trip report that piqued my interest.
While I took more like 17mg (which is a big dose by any standards - though less than this report - I experienced little in the way of visuals; more colour distortions, and a heightened rainbow tinted visual field - with a few slight hallucinations in my peripheral vision, and some CEVs - but nothing close to the all-consuming DMT type experience noted in this trip report.
It reminded me of mescaline more than anything else I have ever consumed.