View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 25B-NBOH-creative questions

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
I avoided the nBomes-but after doing as much research online as I can on such a novel compound it appears nbohs and particularly 25B-NBOH carry much less risk and are more enjoyable.

Headspace seems to be less with these compounds-and they are often described as party drugs due to their complex visuals and lack of introspection.

However-that combination of effects also makes me think there is a potential in lower doses (500 ug?) as being a good psychedelic tool for art. I always loved the creative push of phenethylamines-2ci, 2ct7, and 2cbfly have all had it.

Also how stimulating is 25B?

I did use ~200mics of that and it was good enough for me but I threw all mine ( over 100 pieces) away in the garbage when the lysergamides came available.

the safety profile is just no good for these, and what if someone got into my locked up stash and tried 2 or 3 tabs and then died, I could not handle that responsibility, so - good money after bad drugs! oh well.

enjoy carefully and throw the rest away.

I did use ~200mics of that and it was good enough for me but I threw all mine ( over 100 pieces) away in the garbage when the lysergamides came available.

the safety profile is just no good for these, and what if someone got into my locked up stash and tried 2 or 3 tabs and then died, I could not handle that responsibility, so - good money after bad drugs! oh well.

enjoy carefully and throw the rest away.

Yes the lysergamides are indeed a blessing--
I do agree with you on that.

I never followed up with this post and didnt remember it until today. I've gotten to delve into this compound a lot and I have to say it has been a great creative tool as an artist.

I found it to be incredibly rich and analytical for music listening as well. I've never gone over 1500 ug with it but even at that point it's been incredibly benign and noticed no issues with physiology. I generally do bloodwork/physicals often and after close to 2 years theres been no change to speak of although by no means saying it is safe. It does appear to be much more safe than its Nbome relative.

I also think it's a great psych for hiking as even at the peak you are fairly lucid and in control. I even had a smallish amount (750 ug) for a road trip in India and I was perfectly fine w strangers.

This is anecdotal-but as a whole I have had no issues with this one and felt it to be a great psych for integrating in the "sober world".

Interesting!

I've never had an NBOx, but the glowing reports about some of the NBOHs (25B- and 25E specifically) intrigue me
Have you tried 25E-NBOH?

Interesting!

I've never had an NBOx, but the glowing reports about some of the NBOHs (25B- and 25E specifically) intrigue me
Have you tried 25E-NBOH?

I havent tried 25E yet but I hear it's also very good-25B is a very mellow beautiful experience at the doses I stick to. I cant say anything bad about it.

Interesting. I haven't ever tried any of the NBOXs, but I do have some 2C-B-fly-NBOMe.

^Mescaline-Nbome was a dud if I remember correctly.

This class of drugs are extremely dangerous, there’s been numerous fatalities and health problems associated with them.

I’m not going to doubt that your personal experience with 25B-NBOH was physically benign, but sometimes these things are idiosyncratic. I think the jury is still out as to whether the same issues which befall the NBOMe class also apply to the NBOH, but the chemical similarity is too close for comfort with me.

And then there is the risk that people will confuse the two (NBOHs for NBOMes and vice versa). People have confused far more obviously different-names compounds, such as 5-MeO-aMT for aMT and Bromo-Dragonfly for 2CB-Fly etc.

I had a bottle of 25C-NBOMe about ten years ago, I took one trip from it and gave the rest away to a friend. The mental trip was fairly benign, quite visually powerful, but physically it felt like the most toxic thing i’d ever ingested. I’ve never desired to take it again.

This class of drugs are extremely dangerous, there’s been numerous fatalities and health problems associated with them.
Especially 25i. When the Nbome epidemic struck the US in 2013 I was in college and some freshman was found dead in a parking lot with 25i in his system. That was enough for me to throw away the rest of my sheet (I got duped when trying to buy LSD and got 100 hits of 25i...) and never to buy a sheet without tasting a dose first.

The NBOHs do sound safer/interesting, but like others have said, they don't offer anything a safer drug couldn't offer. Dose lower with LSD and it won't be so intense. Add in booze/benzos/opioids and you've got a purely hedonistic trip.

I was in college and some freshman was found dead in a parking lot with 25i in his system.

In Brazil there were deaths too, it is being sold as MDMA and LSD, especially in the carnival, last year a tourist died taking nbomb thinking it was MDMA, but no one knows exactly what happened, this news I heard through the grapevine, but counting the times that I bought NBOMe (thinking I was buying LSD) I believe it is true.

Especially 25i. When the Nbome epidemic struck the US in 2013 I was in college and some freshman was found dead in a parking lot with 25i in his system. That was enough for me to throw away the rest of my sheet (I got duped when trying to buy LSD and got 100 hits of 25i...) and never to buy a sheet without tasting a dose first.

The NBOHs do sound safer/interesting, but like others have said, they don't offer anything a safer drug couldn't offer. Dose lower with LSD and it won't be so intense. Add in booze/benzos/opioids and you've got a purely hedonistic trip.

I actually disagree with this last paragraph- all psychedelics are different and have different effects. One doesn't (or at least shouldnt) take a phenethylamine as a substitute for a lysergamide-they all produce unique and novel changes in the brain. I have access to AL-LAD and there are definitely times when I prefer something like 25B-NBOH for a light low headspace trip and vice versa.
This is one of the biggest misconceptions I hear about RCs in general is the belief that they are substitutes for the classic psychedelics. A good example-I dont see 4-ho-met as substitute for mushrooms and it definitely has a unique flavor to its experience.

Last edited:
25E has been described by people as ’incredible’, I’ve learnt not to ignore such words when it comes to psychedelics. Short, euphoric, very visual, easy trip, cheap. There has been nothing that indicates that these NBOHs are dangerous and they have been around for some time.

I’ve been reading about 25B tonight and man does it sound good, time and money are the only constraints.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions I hear about RCs in general is the belief that they are substitutes for the classic psychedelics. A good example-I dont see 4-ho-met as substitute for mushrooms and it definitely has a unique flavor to its experience.
I don't feel that way. I like the flavors of unique drugs as well. I just don't see the point in fucking with a drug that could potentially kill you and the reason wouldn't be known. I think some of the Nbohs sound interesting. I greatly enjoyed 25i-nbome the two times I took it. I just don't think it's worth the risk with this class.

Last edited:
I don't feel that way. I like the flavors of unique drugs as well. I just don't see the point in fucking with a drug that could potentially kill you and the reason wouldn't be known. I think some of the Nbohs sound interesting. I greatly enjoyed 25i-nbome the two times I took it. I just don't think it's worth the risk with this class.
This.

I've never touched ibogaine, and it sounds like a uniquely profound, deep, and healing substance unlike any psychedelic in the world. But it could kill me even if properly screened and under medical supervision. I'm powerfully curious, and it could be life-changing, but the cost-benefit analysis is not good. If I had disordered opioid use, then I might feel differently.

The NBOHs sound vaguely interesting and nobody has died so far, but I can't see any reason why I should take that kind of risk for a low/no headspace psychedelic. That's not to say I don't appreciate low headspace psychedelics—I very much do. But I'm perfectly happy taking a different low headspace psychedelic without the spectre of sudden, irreversible organ failure hanging over it. Sure I'm curious, but for me I can't justify to myself the risk.

Also fwiw, the theory I've heard most often about NBOME fatalities is not so much that they have a small margin between effective dose and fatal overdose. It's that there are metabolic differences between people, and that a small percentage of users with that genotype are the ones that are dying. We really don't know, but I mention this to say that just because someone has taken a drug 100x it doesn't mean that another person won't have an adverse event the first time they take it. We're all wired differently. I'm genuinely glad that you've found it to be an ally, but I won't go near it.

It is true that these compounds do have the potential to have unpredictable effects and I fully understand the apprehension surrounding them.

Last edited:
NBOHs are just as dangerous at nbomb its a bit less potent than nbomb but carries all the same things with it.

NBOH is also alot less or bitter or almost tasteless than the typcail nbomb with zero mouth numbing.

Though the blotter was 1500 ug each and i took two it almost killed me. The visuals were astounding but i was unable to talk or understand language i could still think clearly.