Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 24

The end should have been with Jack and Tony, who was a great character for the first 4 or 5 seasons but was later ruined.

Season 8 ended up having quite a good few episodes actually, after a terrible first half to the season. It actually had some excitement and drama, something unseen in years.

Season 8 was a lot better than 7, which was almost like a parody of itself.

Linking back to Logon etc also completed a longer story arc. Too much of 24 had just become a new cast and silly story each season. Apart from the same few people there wasn't enough of a link through the show to mantain much of a believable fictional universe. It became a brainless Die Hard rip off instead of the edge of your seat, conspiracy led thriller that got us all gripped in the first place.

I would have liked to have seen them use Tony's character again. And I agree about the constant changing of characters. I am not sure why they did that. Did they really have to kill off Tony (in season 5), Manning, Bill Buchannan, etc.?

i liked bringing logan back. he was a truly unlikeable douche character which made me... uh, actually like him. even when they alluded to him having a heart or being slightly lovable it was brought (later) to light it was not at all altruistic. there need to be more of these mean hearted and prickly villains.
at first i felt uncomfortable seeing logan back in circulation. it seemed, at the point, extraneous and gave me a bad gut feeling. what good story line could come out of this man? but in the end it was rewarding as a long time 24 watcher to have something built over time play out in the end. oh yeah, and it was fabulous to see him cry and fold like a little bitch.

i appreciated that kim never played back into this season after the first episode. i had fears of her showing up (as ex-ctu) to save the day/daddy.

two consistent plot lines annoyed me. in the first seasons the ctu directors went out in blazes of glory. ok, fine it can't happen every time but neither can the plot of the ctu director being incompetent/overly arrogant/incapable of running his little squad. i liked the first idea better. secondly there was the equally implausible mole in ctu storyline pretty much every season. how bad of an intelligence agency must you be to keep hiring these people? nina did it first and did it the best. she was a real surprise. the way she dispatched jack's wife and the showdown between jack and nina made for a great plot. dana was probably the worst. guess what? the surprise mole six seasons later isn't much of a surprise anymore. it took about two episodes to ferret her out and that is only if you were thrown off by the computer nerd guy with the questions for a millisecond.

Excellent points Wanderlust. I too was glad to see Logan back. He played a great villain. I agree about the mole and the incompetent directors; I think the writers just got tired and lazy, which is the main reason the show wasn't as popular as it once was. Every time Kim was in an episode I cringed. Were we supposed to care? I guess they just wanted to humanize Jack some more, but to me it was just wasted time that could have been used to further the actual plot.

Jack is back! ......kind of..

"24" is officially returning to Fox after Kiefer Sutherland signed on for the rebooted project, Deadline was the first to report Monday.

Sutherland is set to reprise his starring role as Jack Bauer, which he played for eight seasons from 2001-2010. Fox just canceled Sutherland's drama "Touch," which ran for two seasons, making way for a "24" return.

The revived series will have a new title, Fox announced Monday: "24: Live Another Day."

According to Deadline, the new season was "Homeland" showrunner and "24" executive producer Howard Gordon's idea.

Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly confirmed the "24" return on a press call Monday morning. "'24' compressed over twelve weeks. Jack is back," Reilly said.

"They always had this idea of someday doing a feature film. I think they all agreed that '24' compressed into two hours is not '24.' ... What they'll be able to do is go in chronological order of the day, but skip hours. Howard [Gordon] is really energized over it, and so are we," Reilly continued. "It will likely premiere in early May [of 2014.]"

Sutherland expressed his enthusiasm for the reboot in a statement from Fox. “The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before. To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint ... Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon.”

Hell fucking yes. That made my day. I wonder if the renewed islamophobia in the US had anything to do with them going through with it?