• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Hockey 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs Fan Mail

FixXxer

Bluelighter
Every year I hope and I try, to believe this is the year I will see my dreams alive,
I cheer during the ride, and then sigh, when my Leafs are eliminated.
I think.. perhaps next year it will be fated.
Although each season is rife with its own brand of strife,
this is the best Leafs team I've seen in my life.

You've got Auston Matthews with the deadly snipes, the league's best strikes.
Mitch Marner growin chances like a farmer, with masterful vision and passing precision.
John Tavares, the captain, you know he aint nappin'. With the game on the line, he can make things happen.
Willie Nylander makin' the D look like bystanders. With the way he dangles, changes angles, and breaks their ankles.
Zach Hyman with the heart of a lion, he never stops tryin',
Jason Spezza, you bet ya, he's actin age defyin',
Nick Foligno, we know, he's got passion, can see his heart in his every action.
Wayne Simmonds, givin', what we've be askin,
defending all teammates right outta the gates.
Ilya Mikheyev, with the wheels, lovin soup for his meals.
Alex Kerfoot, has decent offensive output, and is also fleet of foot,
Pierre Engvall, can be bit of a do it all, in the bottom six, he's always in the mix
Alex Galchenyuk, keeps sayn' "I aint done yet"
Jumbo Joe Thornton, has presence is more important, than stats,
and we haven't even seen Riley Nash.

On D, you have Morgan Rielly doin way more than bein smiley,
showing potential in his goal differential, comprising a solid season, keeping his point totals decent.
Jake Muzzin's big hits leave opponent's heads buzzin, and a defensive style i'm lovin,
Zack Bogosian, knows when, its time for holdin the line, he plays his role just fine, he's been through the championship grind.
TJ Brodie, he's the always dependable D, you can pair him with anybody,
Travis Dermott, could be better sure but, he plays with pure guts, and I'm creditting, him for his continued developing.
Ben Sutton, meanwhile, uses an offense shuttin' down style,
and Justin Holl, is way better than I thought was the goal by a mile

In net there's Steady Freddie Andersen between the pipes, he's one of the most focused types.
Jack Campbell, never feels like a gamble, pickin' up wins by the handful,
and David Rittich, has shown he can earn hype from the critics.

Other notables are Rasmus Sandin, who is ready to make the scene.
Adam Brooks, keeps earning his looks,
Nick Roberston, workin hard to bust in.
Scott Sabourin, is always ready to offer some extra jaw jabberin,
Nic Petan, has shown that he can be the man, on a grand stand.
Joey Anderson, looks like he can get it done.
Timothy Liljgren, is just waitin for coaches to say "when"
and this is the year of, drafting Rodion Amirov.

This team's depth, to me, sure looks adept.
I'm not obsessed when you make mistakes,
Sometimes.. "Them's the breaks"
I just feel blessed to see you guys skate.
I think you all are great.

If you trip, help each other get a grip, and pick yourselves up.
Only you know your limits, so give it, your all, bring home the cup.

Win or Lose, I'll still bleed blue.

Do your best to suppress the summer layoffs.
Keep on truckin' and good luck in the playoffs!

Yea that didn't look good at all

My heart kinda bleeds for him tho..,he used to be on my team

i say good luck with those pesky penguins then lol..

you didnt burn your tavares jersey when he left lol?

I did not....i didn't have one to burn lol

i may have been the least disappointed isles fan when that happened....i thought he was terrible on defense and they always had him out on the PK and he'd always have that long face when the other team scored...and then they didn't have to dump so much money on him so they can put that money elsewhere....and they've made the playoffs every year since he's been gone....so yea im cool - you can have him lol

they shouldve traded him at the deadline and at least got something, but they didn't so that's kinda their fault too - but ya live and ya learn - just dont make that mistake again

and yes - fuck the penguins.....we'll see what happens, but i think we're gonna see a goalie change from varlamov to sorokin

i didn't get to watch the Leafs game since they played at the same time, but i saw the highlights....i'll be able to watch Saturday's game tho

good luck man - we'll keep the playoff convo going here since we might be the only hockey fans here

I would fully agree from your stand point for sure... i was happy to get him, it was just unfortunate that he cost so much against the cap..

felt toronto needed a bit of his stoic attitude because leafs fans can be intense...
hopefully help keep the other guys from potentially being rattled by it, sort of idea

great player all in all.. you cant rely on one guy in any position to win it all.. the more good players the better as long as they can play together

Probably a good idea to change goalies, gotta get back in your series before its too late

I don't see how they don't go to Sorokin at this point...goalie's gotta be able to steal a few games for you in the playoffs... Without that, forget it

That's the Leafs problem still...it's either they get fucked by their goalie or the opposing goalie fucks the Leafs... Every year same story

But I do root for Canadian teams... My favorite Canadian team is the Flames but Ill root for all of them this time of year... Tampa doesn't deserve a cup...no team in Florida does... Vegas they don't either...too hot down there.. its not right

I hate all the other teams in the east, hate the teams in that Carolina division whatever it's called, the west I like Colorado.. But that's it... Then I'll take any 4 of the Canadian teams...

oh Canada

I don't like the bruins or sabres very much typically.. but i think bufallo has suffered enough that im ok with some success now lol..
i like all hockey at the end of the day though, can always find something else to talk about when it comes to hockey.

i am similar in that i cheer for all canadian teams, but toronto is the tops in my heart as it is the closest to where i live.
been a fan since before i really knew what hockey was lol..

I don't like the bruins or sabres very much typically.. but i think bufallo has suffered enough that im ok with some success now lol..
i like all hockey at the end of the day though, can always find something else to talk about when it comes to hockey.

i am similar in that i cheer for all canadian teams, but toronto is the tops in my heart as it is the closest to where i live.
been a fan since before i really knew what hockey was lol..

Yea i hate Boston...Buffalo im kinda ok with too but not really...im a little soft on them and the Devils....everybody else, i hate in the east

So you're feeling better after yesterdays game im thinking

Did you watch Isles Pens? Fuck Pittsburgh dude...Crysbaby cries a lot and i dont like Guentzel and Taniv....and Letang is dirty i think i might hate him the most....i like Malkin because all ya gotta do is pet his hair backwards and he's scratching you lol

@FixXxer would you like me to move this to Sports & Gaming, where the sports discussion might garner more responses?

Yea i hate Boston...Buffalo im kinda ok with too but not really...im a little soft on them and the Devils....everybody else, i hate in the east

So you're feeling better after yesterdays game im thinking

Did you watch Isles Pens? Fuck Pittsburgh dude...Crysbaby cries a lot and i dont like Guentzel and Taniv....and Letang is dirty i think i might hate him the most....i like Malkin because all ya gotta do is pet his hair backwards and he's scratching you lol
lol the penguins are actually one of my favourite teams due to mario lemieux..
but they have had enough success in the last decade that i dont care if they win so much as other teams,
at the moment NYI hasnt won it all since the 70's i believe? id rather see them win.

i didnt watch the replay of the last one yet, but it sounds like tough playoff hockey..

as someone who has played the sport (though not on ice).. i find when many teams are losing they revert to fighting..
"if i cant beat you on the scoreboard i'll beat you up"

especially true when you play the same team repeatedly.. its a grind out there...

it's not my style, it's not what i'd do.. i just feel like i get what they are thinking..
there were several times i was the only person on the bench during a bench clearing brawl..

and yes i was stoked that the leafs won game 2 :D

im still confident we will but two 2ot losses in a row is excruciating

cardiac canes.. you never count carolina out.. the more its on the line the better they play.. historically as a franchise.