• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013 MLB thread

lol entheo your team is a bunch of fags

Hosmerbbq1.gif

Enthebro is on timeout right now lol. I know it looks goofy but it's just because Butlers BBQ sauce has become something of a good luck charm durring their surprising run. Besides baseball is quasi homosexual by nature lol.

Took care of the carebear Giants this weekend.

I took my kid to his first game ever on Saturday.

Not only did we come from behind in the bottom of the 9th FTMW, we had dugout seats and Barry Zito threw my son a ball. I've set the bar pretty high for Braves games moving forward. It was awesome.

Cliff Lee is probably my favorite MLB player at the moment.

although he is a decent hitter for a pitcher, I still can't help but laugh at this gif

NSFW:
leefall.gif

and I think Papelbon might have Tourettes, or a meth addiction

NSFW:
papelbon.gif

Took care of the carebear Giants this weekend.

I took my kid to his first game ever on Saturday.

Not only did we come from behind in the bottom of the 9th FTMW, we had dugout seats and Barry Zito threw my son a ball. I've set the bar pretty high for Braves games moving forward. It was awesome.

that's a beautiful story and feel like this is the reason al gore allowed us to see what the internet looks like

also pirate's are the best team in baseball right now, anyone who is upset about that is a loser

48-30

any prediction of a melt down is uninspiring, this shit is built to last

I can't stand the sanctimonious attitude people take toward Ryan Braun and PED-using players in general.

Many of the ugly motherfuckers hurling judgement would not even be alive if at least one of their parents hadn't consumed ethanol.

Plus, the sport sorely needs OFFENSE!

^I really like the new era of pitchers rule baseball. No doubt pitchers did and do use PED's but it at least seems that they generally were of much greater benefit to hitters.
I'll take a 2-1 pitchers duel over a 12-10 bombfest any day.

Ryan Braun had it coming for throwing some poor lab guy under the bus the first time he failed. The guy brought Braun's piss sample to his own house for a brief amount of time. It was a stupid thing to do and the guy probably deserved to lose his job. Just not get vilified publicly. The fact remained that he failed the first test and should have been suspended.
His "I've been exonerated" speech made me sick to my stomach in the same way A-Rod's, "It was only that one time" speech did. Next domino to fall. Beyond those two, I don't really wish to see others suspended. Maybe Bartolo Colon, cause he's up to something. Something big.

Few posts above..... Pap's always been like that. Raging psycho on the mound. It was fun when he was spectacularly good and a Sox player. See: his playoff celebration whilst wearing a 12 pack container on his head.
Now it just feels tired, watching him stomp around out there for PHI. Solution for Cliff Lee regarding hitting- Trade him to Boston. He's the crafty lefty of crafty lefties. Not sure about 27mil worth but he's fun to watch.

Many of the ugly motherfuckers hurling judgement would not even be alive if at least one of their parents hadn't consumed ethanol.

While I can easily make an argument against PEDs (near mandatory usage if permitted, use by youth leagues, etc...), I can still say that that comment is golden.

Also, Tigers: One team to rule them all.

Your Tigers need a decent closer as well as general bullpen reinforcements.
The Boston Red Sox, who are my favored team, need some BP pieces, too.
I'm hoping the Sox can swing a deal for Jesse Crain for setup. They just got Thornton from the ChiSox. So, I'm thinking they could revisit. Hopefully.

As far as closers, there's K-Rod and Axford in Milwaukee, Pap could probably be had from Philly. His contract's awful, though.
Rodriguez is playoff proven, but I'd still prefer Axford. If he didn't work as closer, Uehara could step back in and Axford could be shifted to a 7th/8th setup role.

The one free agent that's really interesting is Brian Wilson, the former Giant's closer.
He's missed the last season and a half after TJ, but apparently is rehabbed and ready to sign and pitch.
If he's near his previous level, I'd have no issue signing him to a reasonable, incentive heavy 1 or 2 year deal and working him in slow with the goal being eventually moving him to closer.
He's from NH. Hopefully that would help "our" cause in attempting to sign him. His beard is worth a flier in and of itself.

I read the Tigers wanted Lincecum and they'd use him in relief. I don't know how I'd feel about that.
They should probably just spend the cash and get Papelbon. Valverde sucks.

Good to see you back, BPB. It's more or less time to discuss Boardwalk Empire again.

Good to see you back, BPB. It's more or less time to discuss Boardwalk Empire again.

I can't wait. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

And agreed on the bullpen issues. It's even more painful because Valverde used to be a favorite player of mine, and then he collapsed, monumentally and repeatedly and swiftly.

^Valverde was really good. You know, obv.
Closers are good at creating that particularly kind of letdown/stress.
That fatass Hanrahan and then Andrew Bailey both routinely made me feel ill, early on this season. Before they blew out their arms.

You go to Marlin's games? I hope they have really, really good beer. That offense........

You go to Marlin's games? I hope they have really, really good beer. That offense........

A beer at Marlins Park costs more than a ticket! But there's virtually nobody to drink with in there. They say the average attendance is over 17,000, but at the games you can count no more than one or two thousand in the stands. They've closed the upper level too.

that was similar to my experience at the trop to watch the sox and the rays.

bardo assures me that rays fans are voted the worst in terms of supporting their local team, which is a shame as the stadium itself is lovely (minus all the rays fans ;)).

D7A9F532-BF11-4AA6-95F4-C2058CABC771-886-0000018788F58740_zps8eaa3de7.jpg

402D6519-C988-4B5B-B966-54DC433EEA2E-886-0000018673BD987D_zps15944f7f.jpg

too many empty seats.

...kytnism...:|

A beer at Marlins Park costs more than a ticket! But there's virtually nobody to drink with in there. They say the average attendance is over 17,000, but at the games you can count no more than one or two thousand in the stands. They've closed the upper level too.

It's funny to watch a homerun hit and it takes 30 seconds for a fan to run over from another section and find the ball.
I can't really blame people there for getting disgusted with their ownership. If you can even call them owners. Closer to criminals.
The fire sales, trying to sign every free agent 2 off seasons ago in a attempt to get people excited and buy ticket packs, then selling everyone off and fielding a minor league team. Stanton's the only reason to watch now.

Tampa fans suck. They've got a awesome team and have for a while.
People still don't show. The games on TV, it looks like Rays fans are outnumbered 3-4 to 1. At least during Sox games it does.

that was similar to my experience at the trop to watch the sox and the rays.

bardo assures me that rays fans are voted the worst in terms of supporting their local team, which is a shame as the stadium itself is lovely (minus all the rays fans ;)).
it's also a shame as the rays have a good team...

alasdair