• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013 MLB thread

apparently Aroldis Chapman ate like a whole dinghy's worth of cuban desserts before he blew that game last night

Im an A's fan
but I just want to give a shout out to Miguel Cabrera

say what you will, but will be in conversations of the greatest hitter of all time

all the best hitters played on steroids

bonds used to see like one strike an entire game

and it was hiiiggggghhhhhh

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

outta here

love the giant's play by play guy

What Bonds did
Steroids or not
Was the most impressive run by any individual in sports history

Your 1strike per game comment is on point

i'm happy paul is posting in S&G now. mainly cuz i love seeing his dickatar while talking sports.

braves are gonna rape the mets this weekend. i hate the fucking mets so much.

the first baseball I went to was against the Giants. Bonds* hit a home run into the upper deck and the Phillies lost a pretty boring game. Its crazy how I can remember that because I must have been like six years old at the most.

I guess you really dont forget the first time you experience watching a game live

i got to see evan gattis' first major league HR this year. that was pretty cool. i fucking love him.

they just became the first team since GIFs were created to have a walk-off error

NSFW:
ipQugCELl54CU.gif

You guys think the Marlins or the Astros will finish with a worse record this year?

I'll take the Marlins

Hamels v Strasburg today with the Nats only one game above the Phillies. I seriously havent been this interested in a baseball game this early in a while. The lineup is just looking so horrible right now I could seriously see this being a 1-0 game.

and how much lamer can you get than having #NATITUDE put up all over you ballpark? If there were actually any Nationals fans there I'd hope they write letters about it

The Royals dropped 7.5 games down from leading the division to being tied with the Twins for last place this month. What a fucking disgrace. What makes it even better is that I have a tattoo of their logo. Well at least I can say I'm not a fair weather fan.

Shields needs to step his game up, and both Hosmer and Moustakas need to work their bats really really bad. I can't believe this but it's looking like Guthery is our star starter now. Never would have seen that coming. God damn Miggy running the Royals out of contention for a wildcard.

We just hired George Brett as our hitting coach yesterday, so maybe our bats will hear up. I think we need to get rid of Yost, he is a bad skipper. On paper we are stacked with talent, David Glass- Mr. Walmart himself just refuses to put any money into the team.
I wish people understood how frustrating it is to be such a hard core fan to a franchise that hasn't been in the playoffs in your entire lifetime. Man KC fucking owned the late 70's-86. The heritage is their, we just gotta bring it back. It's like how the Washington Wizards always have a lot of talent but never end up better than .250 or .300

I couldnt name one player on the Royals actually

like I was saying that in jest at first but now Im thinking and really cant

Alex Gordon is a 2 time gold glover. Salvador Perez is a top 5 up and coming catcher and he's a big boy. Something like 6'4 225, he can throw to 2nd like a boss and block the plate like no ones business. Mous and Hosmer are both 23 and future told glovers, they've both got great hands and prescense of mind they just haven't worked on the plate enough.

Our short stop Alcides Escobar can't hit for anything, but is great on the bag. He was a major part of the Greinke trade to the Brewers a few years back. Almost everyone here is 26 or younger, maybe the youngest squad in the league.

Will Shields who used to play for the Rays, Guethery who was with the Ricky's last year, and then a bunch of scrubs. Or bullpen is actually better than our rotation. Greg Holland is actually pretty damn good, and Kelvin Herrara will be a bad ass in a year or two, I hope we don't trade him for more development players. The royals literally have the best farm system in the game, we are just the feeder for the Stankys tbh. We trade everyone good bc the owner is a cheapo.

I thought his name was James Shields because im pretty sure I remember watching him in the world series in 08

That's him. Will Shields used to be an offensive guard for the chiefs, got the names mixed up I guess. He's not an ace but definitely better than how he's played this season. The disappointment continues..

hes not an ace but is when he's on the royals is what you are getting at?

i cant even talk shit on KC, such a non-factor really