• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013-2014 NBA Thread v. AI is officially retired

the Big 10 produces shitty basketball players on average. I have zero interest in Aaron Craft, not a good enough shooter to be an NBA player. He won't be able to guard PGs in the nba

I think you need to get with the times, everyone is tanking in the NBA these days. Cleveland can't even stumble it's way to a championship (anthony bennett, wiggins), the Sixers are doing it right

otherwise you just wind up like the Atlanta Hawks

we shall see, at least they aren't paying their guys exorbitant amounts of money like the Pistons, who still suck dick

Jodie Meeks is going to turn the team around though....pssh

yeah he'll hit a couple 3 pointers a game. he'll also take a whole bunch too. pure volume shooter

no joke he's one of my brother's favorite players LOL

Last edited:
Lol wat??

The Atlanta Hawks will be a top 4 team in the east next year no doubt about it

Jeff Teague is soon to be one the best point guards in the league. Did you see what they did without Horford?? Wait until they get him back

Also I'm very aware tanking, it's retarded because it doesn't work.

Name one team in history that it worked for

Big ten produces shitty players???

Lol I can't even right now

I hope you're joking

Lol wat??

The Atlanta Hawks will be a top 4 team in the east next year no doubt about it

Jeff Teague is soon to be one the best point guards in the league. Did you see what they did without Horford?? Wait until they get him back

Also I'm very aware tanking, it's retarded because it doesn't work.

Name one team in history that it worked for

it's a relatively new phenomenon

Boston to get the Big 3 (went from worst team to champions), Miami to get their Big 3

it depends on what your definition of "tanking" is

1. Heat
2. Pacers
3. Wizards
4. who really cares
so on and so forth...

Purposely losing games

I thought that's what it always meant...?

What you just used for your example was teams making trades and/or signing players

Every single team in the league is able to do that if they have necessary amount of cap room, and the players want to go there. Unfortunately not every team has that luxury due to $/player not wanting to play in that location

yeah but a byproduct of making cap room is having to field shittier players

aka

you expect to win less

aka

tanking to acquire a future asset, whether it's draft or free agency

But tanking isn't required at all to sign free agents

It only applies to the draft..

Just because Philly is going have ridiculous amount of cap room doesn't mean people want to go play there

yeah whatever, as long as we're in agreement the Cavs deserve to die a slow and painful death

T9suqNX.gif

cavs.gif

is it me or is Dan Gilbert suspiciously calm in that scene...

and fuck that guy with the red tie, you dont TOUCH DOCTOR J like that!

Haha yeah I won't be rooting for the Cavs... That draft was fucked up too

It did feel weird how they got #1 again..especially after they fucked up with Anthony Bennett .

Is it safe to say now that he is the worst #1 pick of all time? Seriously it's either him or Greg Oden

Can't wait to see Andrew Wiggins in a Timberwolves jersey

Lebron just announced he is signing with Cleveland

Damnnnn this is awesome. I hope they can get Kevin Love and send wiggins to Minnesota

Can't wait to see where the other free agents go now

I wouldn't be shocked if Pat Riley offers Lance Stephenson a fat contract

fuck the Cavs. I still respect Lebron as a player but I hope he never wins a championship in Cleveland

1. Cavaliers
2. Pacers
3. Bulls
4. Raptors
5. Hawks
6. Wizards
7. Hornets
8. Knicks

I'm actually glad he went back to Cleveland, I like him there much more than Miami

It's gonna be hilarious now to see all the bandwagon Heat fans all the sudden disappear

Lol where you at entheo?

can't think of a city that deserves a championship than cleveland

i don't really GAF about NBA and used to hate lebron, but get it done home boy

hoping the kings, jazz, or pelicans can be good again, at least within the next 5 years

and hope wherever carmelo goes misses the playoffs, i'd rather have JR smith on my team

team underdawgs, unite

Actually was a smart move by the lakers, they get some draft picks for taking on Lin's contract

Suns just got Isaiah Thomas from Sacremento

Fuck yessss I love it. He's one of my favorite players... But idk why they got him, they already have way too many good guards on their roster

I dont know how to feel about the Pelicans. If Tyreke starts I think they are a very exciting team but they are in a tough conference.

Tyreke should really go to another team where he can be the 6th man or starting sf.

I get the move from a sentimental perspective, but I still think LeBron is making a terrible mistake. He's only got about 2-4 years left of his prime, and he's going to waste them in a Cleveland franchise that is one of the worst in basketball. The Heat, by contrast, is quite possibly the best run franchise in all of sports, not just basketball.

I'm happy for the four years he has given us, and disappointed in his decision, but there is absolutely no anger at the man. Just a little bit of bewilderment.

IMO, if LeBron were to win 4 championships before retiring, he could make his case for GOAT. I doubt he even wins a third one if he remains in Cleveland.