• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013-2014 NBA Thread v. AI is officially retired

glad to see you handle it better than cavs fans did back in '10 3,4
but spurs are probably the best run franchise in all of pro sports and that was before this year's championship
narrowing out the top 5 in no particular order based off the last ten years, and not solely judged by wins/championships:

steelers
heat(pat riley)
patriots
st. louis cardinals

The Heat, by contrast, is quite possibly the best run franchise in all of sports, not just basketball

Lol tell me this is a joke. Best run franchise in all of sports?? c'mon now

The Heat made the nba finals 4 years in a row... None of that happens without Lebron James. The one championship you got before Lebron was because of Shaq and Alonzo Mourning.

and Cleveland's roster right now is waaaay better than Miami. Miami signed Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger this offseason..... lol yeah that'll get Lebron excited. I'm just happy to see the bandwagon fans finally get what they deserve. Miami definitely has the worst fans in all of sports

Last edited:
Paul Pierce ---> Wizards

Trevor Ariza ---> Rockets

Pau Gasol ---> Bulls

^ is that all true or just speculation?
if it's true wizards are my new team, i was a hardcore celtics and mostly paul pierce fan, but lost interest once they ditched antoine walker for ray allen and garnett

running a successful franchise really doesn't have much to do with the performance of the athletes
but these franchises tend to put out winnings products

it's mostly executive decisions, management, making cash and most importantly - public relations

adult stuff

All true

I'm still hoping Lance Stephenson ends up on the Hornets. He would honestly be the perfect fit for that franchise

Hopefully Jordan can convince him to go play in Charlotte

the East isnt actually as bad as people like to claim imo

the west is still better on average, but for a sport with 3-4 legitamate contenders each year, who really cares about the average team strength

Charlotte Hornets sign Lance Stephenson to 3yr/$27 mil deal

Pretty much the same amount of money Indy offered him but less years and he took it. Must be some beef in the Indy locker room

All I know is Indy's window to win a championship has officially closed.. Every team is getting better this offseason yet the Pacers just managed to get worse .

Players Indy has lost over the past 2 years

Lance Stephenson
Gerald Green
Dj Augustin
Miles Plumlee

Someone needs to get fired over there

arci you are so wrong about Noel and Embiid, I can't emphasize this enough

this guy feels me

kentuckygrampsdance_medium.gif

props to whoever made this into a gif

NSFW:
joel-embiid-block-8-on-ok-st.gif

embiid > wiggins

the cavs can't even fix their way to success, just wait

two years from now they're gonna be remembering 9/11 in Philly YEAR ROUND with the

TWIN TOWERRRRSSS

like that lord of the rings movie only 3/4ths of it wont suck

thought of something the other day.

For all the Kevin Love to Cleveland rumors, I can't help but think the Cavs should go after Thaddeus Young as well.

If I'm the Sixers, I'm offering Thad Young for Dion Waiters and a 1st rounder. If theyre really
not trying to give up much to still have a shot at KLove, w/e just give me Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett as it'd probably be a high number draft pick anyway.

Thad can play SF and PF and if put on a team with Lebron and Kyrie I think that would be just as scary as having Kevin Love

pg- kyrie
sg- a wiggins
sf- Lebron
pf- Thad Young
c- Tristan Thompson?

damn that is a really good starting 5, better than Miami in most ways

I just want to see him go to a real team man, will probably have to wait until the trade deadline gets closer. He's not a problem off the court or in the locker room, is hungry to play meaningful basketball, and is entering his prime pretty much

NSFW:
Sixers need to trade Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner this year, or at least ET. Team is clearly in rebuild mode and you will never have a higher demand for them then right now imo. Ideally id like them to trade both of them and the lineup next year would be

pg- MCW
sg- Tony Wroten
sf- Thaddeus Young
pf- lavoy allen / draft pick???
c- nerlens noel

Thad young might be gone too so obviously thats a lineup with limited knowledge of the GM's plan so you could see a couple new faces in there either at SF, PF, or C if Nerlens Noel is capable of being a PF (always saw him as a pf in the nba for some reason. I know hes tall as fuck but he reminds me a lot of Anthony Davis on defense and im pretty sure hes a PF in the nba)

and you could fill in whatever players youd get for et/spence as necessary The team wouldnt be that much worse tbh and youd get to unload some cap space more than likely (lebron to philly! lol) so you could go after a name in FA

just dont keep these two guys omg im gonna lose my mind if they do

im starting to come around to this Hinkie guy...

still wish they could have gotten Jabari over Embiid. Joel has the most upside of anyone in this draft but I just still have the image of Andrew Bynum drilled into my skull.

Noel definitely worked on his footwork all last year, we can only hope Embiid does the same.

problem still remains though, this team has no 3 pt shooters. A few guys can somewhat reliably drain 3s, but nobody you'd have to gameplan for before a game.

which only adds to Tony Wroten's dillemma, he's a shooting guard but can't shoot on a team with no shooters (other team can crowd the paint as a result). I still would like to see him play PG more often, he is a really good distributor especially on the fast break. Probably better than MCW as far as seeing a fast break develop and knowing where to go with it

I can't help but feel like MCW is just going to become Tony Allen in the long run. Lockdown defender who can shoot a bit but never enough to have guys play him extra close. And Tony Allen is a great player in the NBA don't get me wrong.

but would I be above trading him?

they're trying to change the Draft Lottery so it is even easier to fix. This is ridiculous, just make it how it is in every other sport

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lottery-reform-is-coming/

the NBA is fucking fixed and I'm already sick of Adam Silver's face

he looks like he should be giving orders on some Imperial Star Destroyer in Episode VI not screwing my team out of it's rightful percentage points

basically they are just going to tweak it until they can have a reason to give the #1 pick to Cleveland every year

all because revenue is down a bit in major markets (Philly, Boston, NYC)

yeah so let's fix the league for small market teams then bitch at large market fans for waiting through slop before overpaying for merchandise / tickets

NBA needs to contract something serious, get rid of the T'Wolves, Kings, Hornets, and Magic and so many problems would fix themselves

Last edited:
wtf are you talking about

All of those teams are on the rise except maybe the t wolves

Hornets are going to be a legitimate contender in the east next year

The kings are stacked with young talent and they are definitely going to find their way back to the top of the west soon

Magic is stacked with young talent also. Elfrid Payton ROTY
I might even put money on that

I don't see it with the Hornets. Because of Lance Stephenson? that seems a bit reactionary. and if you thought he was a jackass before, now he is a worth a couple million dollars more and I don't see how that makes him act any less arrogant.

Now if you said the Wizards I'd agree with you, I could actually be a Paul Pierce fan this year. Unfortunately, I don't see who's going to guard Lebron in the playoffs. Unless John Wall cuts down on the turnovers and stops taking so many jump shots, they won't make the finals. Their frontcourt is good enough for the East though, Gortat definitely cemented himself as a solid offensive rebounder last year and Nene is good for 10-15 points a game and can pass like a guard. Their bench is just kind of there though. too many things would have to go right for them to make the Finals and this is the NBA after all

The Kings fucking suck, I don't know what you are seeing there. I'm surprised DeMarcus Cousins hasn't been rumored to Cleveland yet.

You can really make a case for almost any player who should move teams to go to cleveland with the exception of maybe Rajon Rondo

I want to see him go to OKC so bad. If they could trade Westbrook for Rondo somehow. That would be a win-win for both teams really. If he went to Indiana I wouldn't mind either, I would become a Pacers fan because I can't cheer for Cleveland. Not through any fault of the city, just solely because of Dan Gilbert.

my surprise playoff team:

THE NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

they are in the West I'm aware of this. ids habbening. probably 7-8 seed though

The East is going to be really interesting when Durant joins the Wizards in 2 years

Kevin Durant is from the Washington, D.C. area and addressed rumors about him playing for the Wizards when his contract is up in two years.
Durant gave the standard "I play for the Thunder and have not thought that far ahead" answer to begin with, but also addressed the situation head on. "I'm going to do what's best for me," Durant said. "That whole city is a part of me. It's in my blood. I love going back home, seeing my family and playing there, but I love Oklahoma City, too." Durant went on to say that "everybody's" asked him about a return to D.C., adding "I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm naïve to the fact that people think about that stuff." But the bottom line is that this decision is a couple years away and it will likely depend on the state of the Thunder, the Wizards and other teams when it's time for him to decide. But it does sound like there's a very real chance Durant could make a run for the Wizards two years from now.

Paul George suffered a gruesome lower right leg injury while scrimmaging for Team USA on Friday.
The bones in George's leg appeared to suffer a compound fracture but there have been no official reports about his status. We'll pass along details as they become available and our thoughts go out to George and his family.

see you guys in 15 months

Holy shit I just watched the video

that was so disgusting... Damn that sucks so bad.. That could be a career killer right there. I was not expecting it to be that bad. I feel bad for him

Indiana is fucked

Indiana's odds to win the championship after George's leg injury just went from

18/1 to 33/1

Man thats a tough injury....

The pride of my alma mater goes down in an exhibition game..... so sad

Yeah it was a gruesome injury. Hard to watch it more than one time

I just hope we aren't talking about Paul George 10 years from now about what he could have been. It sucks that happened to one of the best players in the NBA right now.. Going to feel weird without him playing at all next season

It's just hard to imagine somebody can come back from that type of injury and return to their normal playing style. Psychologically it has to be fucking tough to get back on the court and not think about it

Reminds me of that injury to that louisville player in the final 4 year before last