• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread v. The Suck of the Irish

That being said tOSU didnt look very special battling it out with that terrible Michigan team all rivalries aside.

Agreed. Total cripple fight, but a fun game to watch. Going for 2 was the dumbest shit I've ever seen in sports. MSU is gonna win by 2 touchdowns.

MSU is going to win by two touchdowns?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

maybe you haven't been watching this past decade, but Ohio State doesn't really lose to Big Ten teams. it's kind of our thing

have fun in the Sugar Bowl you SEC homers! the best team in your conference can't even kick a FG

realllllllly, you do?

dude have you seen MSU even play a game? their offense is horrendous. tOSU might have the best offense in the NCAA, and a decent bend-but-don't-break defense

have fun in the Sugar Bowl you SEC homers! the best team in your conference can't even kick a FG

the only SEC chest beaters in this forum are myself and Pander, don't lump chicken in with us, he hates the SEC, the south, tradition, pride, etc etc.

so far the only discussion i've heard is a clemson alabama orange bowl, i haven't heard anything about sugar.

;) hi cs how you doin' boo?

guy one:"i've been down here with you guys on this show for years now but i still don't get it - so the sec gets to play by a different set of rules?"
three other guys: "yes."
one: "why?"
guy two: "hey look, i'm from the midwest, and it took me years to get it, but i got it. give it some time. a one loss SEC team will always be considered better than an undefeated from anywhere else."

i lolled. this show is hilarious. those midwesterners who talk all funny and are kinda slow.

Hey babycakes, I'm good. Watched the Barn game with Tim at the north highland pub. It's a Barn bar and they treated me like family. I've never seen a bar go as insane as that place did last night. It was fun as shit. I blacked out pretty good and kynd brother Braxton made me a chicken sammich at the Albert. I just polished off a bottle of champagne, ordered Chinese take out and took a dump. I think I'm better now. Gonna watch the walking dead in bed. Let's have a drink soon.

man I'm still laughing about Michigan State beating Ohio State...

I seriously wonder when the last time the Spartans beat the Buckeyes was??

axl youre fucking blind if you think OSU has a good defense

MSU might not have a good offense but maybe you've heard of this shit called Special teams?

and not the special teams you used to be on at recess, the shit everyone forgets about in football

play field position, kick some fgs, maybe a defensive TD?, anything can happen, ask our resident Chiefs fan (or bama fans, if theres any on herE)

keep puffing your chest, this is MSU's natl championship game

and I barely even WATCH THIS SHIT

yes I am aware of special teams in the game of football

in fact, Ohio State has had the essentially the best special teams in the NCAA since the very first day Jim Tressel took over

good defense - yeah I think they have a good defense. sadly, our linebacking corps isn't what it usually is, but we have two defensive players that are destined for at least pretty decent NFL careers in Bradley Roby (CB) and Ryan Shazier (LB)

I won't stop puffing my chest until the Buckeyes lose. and since that hasn't happened for almost two years now, I really don't see it happening any time soon!

oh this game just got a lot more interesting for me now

thanks for giving me a reason to watch College Football

don't worry, I will be here to eat crow if my team loses. but chances are I will be here to "puff out my chest" as you say, when my team wins

^FSU is legit this year. I fucking hate FSU, but they have more talented depth than I have seen on any potential National Championship squad since 2005 USC. As much as it pains me to say it, I don't see anyone beating them, whether or not Winston actually plays. They don't have a single weakness as a team, and considering they have gone from Christian Ponder to E.J. Manuel to Jameis Winston, I'm willing to bet the backup quarterback isn't all that bad.

Typing that post out hurt.

yeah FSU has a killer defense. however, you really think they could win the National Championship without Jameis Winston? I seriously doubt it

yeah FSU has a killer defense. however, you really think they could win the National Championship without Jameis Winston? I seriously doubt it

The thing is though, despite all the hype he receives, FSU isn't where they are at because of Jameis Winston. They are where they are because they have talent and quality depth at every single position. They have no weaknesses. Honestly, while they aren't there by a long shot, they remind me of the early 2000's Hurricanes in that regard.

I think that if Jameis Winston never existed, they would still be in the same exact position, undefeated and headed to the title game. Maybe they wouldn't have blown out quality teams like Clemson by so many points, but they would still be undefeated and favored heading into the championship game. The talent they have on the offensive line, at running back, and at tight end and receiver, is enough to make any quarterback look like a Heisman candidate. They are the strongest team I have seen in close to a decade, probably since 2005 USC (the one that won the 'ship, not the one that got upset by Texas, so correct me if I have my years mixed up).

I root for FSU to lose every week, so I watch them a lot, but this season has been much easier on me since I pretty much accepted that one of my most hated rivals is going to win another ring this year. At least it won't be an SEC team this time around.

so you're saying you would be rooting for the Buckeyes against FSU, if that so happens to be the National Championship game?

the end most certainly is nigh, if so!!

and damn - just thinking about those early 2000 Miami Hurricane teams, led by Coker, has got me shaking in my boots. it really took a miracle (Maurice Clarett's strip) and some luck (calls by the refs), for tOSU to win that one in how many OTs it took

It will be tough axl. MSU is the toughest game of the year for you guys. FSU is a shoe in/ AU not so much.