• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread v. The Suck of the Irish

The thing is though, despite all the hype he receives, FSU isn't where they are at because of Jameis Winston. They are where they are because they have talent and quality depth at every single position. They have no weaknesses.

you can say that about Alabama too though, and I'd take Winston over Mccarron all day

FSU played nobody this year, Clemson was just another overrated ACC team with a senior QB who was in the early Heisman race (all that adds into overrated)

Miami won their first 7 games iirc but also didn't really beat anyone spectacular now that we see Florida for what they are

1 loss SEC team is always going to deserve it more imo, but I'd rather just have a playoff so everyone can STFU

according to Jeff Sagarin, here are some of the schedule ranks of the heaviest BCS hitters:

Ohio State is ranked 61st

Auburn is ranked 26th

Michigan State is ranked 60th

Louisville is ranked 118th (LOL)

Georgia is ranked 8th (nice, they did have a brutal schedule, and all those injuries didn't help)

Alabama is ranked 48th

FSU is ranked 66th

Florida State is playing DUKE in their conference championship. funny how everyone shits on tOSU's scheddy but doesn't mention the inferior one of FSU

y

FSU played nobody this year, Clemson was just another overrated ACC team with a senior QB who was in the early Heisman race (all that adds into overrated)

Miami won their first 7 games iirc but also didn't really beat anyone spectacular now that we see Florida for what they are

talking to myself here

FSU also DOMINATED their opponents in just about every game, not so true for OSU

and while that isn't really a good reason to put a team in/out of the Natl Champ, according to the BCS it is

BULLSHIT CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

oh my bad I think by "everyone" you mean the national sports media

to which id say, local sports radio is always better, but my station dont really care about college football

Regardless if tSEC gets into the natty they win. So that might shape who gets chosen for the big game.

Saturday predicted wins:

Spartans over bitcheyes
Mizzou over Auburn

Really I'm just hoping for an MU vs FSU national championship, I can't stand tOSU. So over rated and their fans suck so much. I'm looking at you axl, those 20 wins are worthless, your schools tradition is a sham and your fans are generally assholes that have little-no objectivity. You don't deserve to be in the top 5. FSU, Auburn, Bama, and Mizzou are all better teams with much better SOS, non-conference games. And generally less stuck up their asses.

meanwhile Jordan Lynch and Northern Illinois are like

who do we gotta stab to get in dis bitch

Lol the MAC will never get a shot at it, and quit frankly they don't deserve to even think about being in the top ten. May as well be in the FCS instead of BCS.
It's like when Boise State was undefeated for like 5 years straight, those wins may as well be losses in a major conference.

Saturday predicted wins:

Spartans over bitcheyes
Mizzou over Auburn

Really I'm just hoping for an MU vs FSU national championship, I can't stand tOSU. So over rated and their fans suck so much. I'm looking at you axl, those 20 wins are worthless, your schools tradition is a sham and your fans are generally assholes that have little-no objectivity. You don't deserve to be in the top 5. FSU, Auburn, Bama, and Mizzou are all better teams with much better SOS, non-conference games. And generally less stuck up their asses.

+ 1

Lol the MAC will never get a shot at it, and quit frankly they don't deserve to even think about being in the top ten. May as well be in the FCS instead of BCS.
It's like when Boise State was undefeated for like 5 years straight, those wins may as well be losses in a major conference.

you sound like Axl or one of our resident SEC homers. wait, you are an SEC homer now I forgot

need a playoff system real bad, I fucking hate all this pointless banter

settle it on the field imo, not some political bullshit

^ that's why I'm so happy the BCS is on its death bed. I've never been a fan, can't stand the polls/computers.
Really tOSU has just been annoying me for about 15 years. Can't stand anything from Ohio besides Lebron.

I remember when BSU lost to like nevada and all the "hate" people had for their gimmicky team was validated. With tOSU it is the same only the SEC has to validate their inferiority every 4 to 6 years.

Let's face it Ohio State has the most annoying fans in the world, with a supremely disguistinf superiority complex.
And they are named after a fucking nut.. I can't remember the last time any BIG 10 team desered as much publicity as Ohio State has gotten over the last 24 months.
Urban Meyer too, I really dislike that guy.

Urban couldnt hack it in the SEC anymore so he chose to step down to a position that was easier on his health and family cant fault him for it. But yeah lets not pretend OSU is something it is not.

Urban couldn't hack it in the SEC anymore? you are a good troll, Droppers. or you just forget about the annual beatings Coach Urbz commenced on your Dawgs

I will admit that Buckeye fans have a superiority complex. but I mean, you guys just don't get it. since the day I was born Ohio State has been shining with greatness - you could say it has been a constant in my life. most of your teams are good for like two years and then suck for eight. well, imagine being good for your whole entire life? imagine having a tradition that is more closely related to a religion than just watching a game on Sundays... imagine these things and you can live, but for a second, in the elevated status that comes along with being an Ohio State football fan

and saying you hate everything about Ohio save for LeBron James is like saying you hate everything about Kansas City except for their barbecue sauce!

^ that's just it, the Buckeyes haven't been as good as you say for nearly as long. You have absolutely no objectivity, every statement you make about that university is riddled with hyperbole, lies, and general bullshit.
Being from Columbus isn't an excuse to act like the DWE of fucking Ohio.

Btw, KC has a lot more to offer than BBQ. It's one of the best cities to live in, in the entire country, has amazing history of Jazz, a premier Art museum and a great place to raise your family.
Dude you exude ignorance in 90% of your posts. I fucking hate the BBQ thing about KC...

the Buckeyes have been consistently good since the 1960s, man?

they just had a bad couple years in the 1980s. calling me the DWE of Columbus isn't even applicable, because the Chargers have never been consistently good

you don't know this, but this is something I know very well. I could give you facts, but those personal attacks hauled my way make me believe you don't even want to hear them

and I've given you mad props for how kewl KC is. I've been there. in fact, I've probably been to more American cities than as many times as you have even left your metropolitan area. you really think I exude ignorance in 90 percent of my posts, damn. I guess what can you expect from a Heat fan living in Missouri ;)

I'm a massive Lebron fan since he played in highschool... I know you give KC props, but a lot of it is in an Indian giver context. Like oh yeah man such and such sucks but I like your music venues..

I'm mostly referring to you sports accumen. Living in a slave where winnig is bred into you tends to lead to over indulgence in myth rather than facts. By DWE of Columbus I mean that you don't really have much to say about any other set of teams not from your area, and at that it's all based on legacy rather than what's goin on right now. I'm not a fan of elitism, and that kind of seems to be your thing. It's nothing personal against you, I of course could never gather a real depiction of who you are as a man soley from your sports and Ohio centric beliefs, but as far as debate we are obviously on different sides of the table.

I love sports in general, something I had to learn growing up in the only time where my city wasn't owning the shit out of sports. That's why I love so many teams not from KC, I just don't beat the war drum here because arguin over sports is legit fun. Lol maybe it all goes back to how I was always the best at debate and told that I shoul have been a lawyer growin up.
The drugs just got in the way of the critical thinking and memory aspects...

I was told the same thing about being a lawyer. and I actually followed LBJ since high school as well, Akron St Vincent St Mary mang!!

although I do see how I am an elitist when it comes to tOSU football, but you gotta realize that I am covering my ass from all the troll shit that I get thrown for being a Buckeyes fan. that's why I don't knock you in the NFL thread about being a Chiefs fan and sticking up for the Chiefs, when people are coming at you but saying that I only write about the Buckeyes in this thread is a farce. the game of football means a lot to me, and I spend a good amount of my time watching all kinds of games on Saturdays - even the late late games because I just like watching football

sure, I talk a lot of Buckeyes, but I do talk about other teams as well

^ I guess I just only see your posts that mention tOSU. I'll keep my eus open, and my mouth shut as far as being confrontational until further notice. Being cordial is generally a good idea unless its with DWE.
He never played sports or watched them until recently and it's painfully obvious, lol especially in cases such as where he thinks pass rusher is a position in football.

Man I can't wait for Saturday, the conference championship games are gonna be better than the Natty Champ game!