• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread v. The Suck of the Irish

yo entheo you catch that baylor game?

#miss cleo

lol I fucking hate twitter
I wish I could have watched it but the MU game was on, and you don't go back on your allegiances. I was keeping track of the score on bleacher report though.

Mizzou is still grinding and working for that bowl spot right now. I think we will win out and finish at 5 or 6 on the polls.

Called it.

Didnt tOSU destroy one of the sister schools this weekend? What a weak SOS too bad they arnt going to get spanked by tSEC this time around.

Ohio state plays in a pussy conference with no real competition. Those wins might as well be worthless. Kinda wish Baylor had won so they wouldn't have moved up into National Championship contention.

Ohio state plays in a pussy conference with no real competition. Those wins might as well be worthless. Kinda wish Baylor had won so they wouldn't have moved up into National Championship contention.

Last year and the BCS's reign of terror is over. This may be tOSUs last chance to get to the NC game for a very long time.

haha, yeah right. Urban Meyer would thrive in a playoff environment. are you forgetting he's the best coach in college football today?

why do you think the BCS loves Ohio State? if anything the BCS has been holding us down

544196_422604981201787_1538459469_n.jpg

haha, yeah right. Urban Meyer would thrive in a playoff environment. are you forgetting he's the best coach in college football today?

why do you think the BCS loves Ohio State? if anything the BCS has been holding us down

He is a good coach, but when you do not play anyone all season you just arnt going to be prepared to play your Alabamas and your LSUs. As for if UGA played tOSU it would most likely be a pretty good game and a toss up assuming we have Murray and gurley.

LSU? I would be more scared of UGA than LSU. Mettenberger may be able to light up your overrated conference, but tOSU has LB Ryan Shazier and CB Bradley Roby. Mettenberger sucks. at least with UGA you gotta be prepared for Murray and Girley

I was actually having a discussion about top RBs in the NCAA. if you guys aren't total homers and can think objectively for a second, who ya got?

Top NCAA RBs:

1) Carlos Hyde (tOSU)
2) Todd Girley (UGA)
3) De'Anthony Thomas (Oregon)
4) TJ Yeldon (Bama)
5) big toss-up imo

You having hyde on your list makes you a homeburger imo. I think if LSU plays tOSU I take LSU @ -3. At this point tOSUs situation is very reminiscent of BSUs when they were looking at going to the big game a few years back.

1) Gurley
2)TJ Yeldon
3)Kadeem Carey
4)lache seastrunk
5)De anthony Thomas

Gurley has be consensus #1. There is no argument besides TJ Yeldon, but I wouldn't make that vote.

Carlos Hyde averages 7.3 yards per carry, and is the first RB under Urban Meyer to reach 1, 000 yards. and he was suspended for the first three games

you obviously don't watch much non-SEC football so I feel ya on not knowing much about him. De'Anthony Thomas might be the most talented, but he is such a little guy, and in that Oregon offense they hardly ever use him as a work-horse

Dude I watch every Big 12 and PAC 12 game I get on tv. Big 10 is for te vagine.
SEC defense rules all, that's why Gurley is so damn impressive.

Outside of tOSU fans Hyde will be on no ones top 5 and that is just fact. He is a good player but the being in such a weak conference is holding him back nobody knows how good he actually is. I will admit I have a hard time watching B10 conference play I mainly watch B12, ACC, SEC, and some pac10/sunbelt/cUSA.

The enormous hole in this theory is that Jameis Winston wasn't all that famous back in December of last year. His pre-season hype didn't even begin until sometime over the Summer. So it's not like a Kobe Bryant, where this dude is just an obvious target. There was nothing to be gained by targeting Winston in December of last year.

Not saying he did it, just saying that whatever is going on, it has nothing to do with a conspiracy theory.
aw man

i made it that obvious that i didn't read the article :(

what i meant to say was, i don't trust anything, feels bad man

gophers lost but i enjoyed the entire game
future looks better than it ever has
it used to be, okay we're pretty good this year, but what we gonna do after _____ graduates?

no worries

and fuck yeah WSU mike leaches,back to bowling just like that

Dude I watch every Big 12 and PAC 12 game I get on tv. Big 10 is for te vagine.
SEC defense rules all, that's why Gurley is so damn impressive.

That is the truth. In places like alabama college football is all that state has so all attention and money goes into it. Also having the supiorior talent pool in the south helps. OH has all kinds of professional sports. I think if tOSU ever wants to be competitive in the playoff system they will need to try and join the ACC or B12.

0-10 in the BCS or is it 0-11 I dont remember?

what are you talking about, dude? 0-12 in the BCS? you must be trolling. tOSU has only lost like three BCS games ever

highlights of tOSU's BCS tradition of grandeur is the 2010 Rose Bowl victory over Oregon, the 2011 Sugar Bowl ass-whipping against Arkansas, and of course the 2002 National Championship against Miami

I would hate to be a UGA fan. you have only experienced greatness once really, and that was them Hershel Walker years. imagine being that great almost every single year, and you will have but lived a second in the polished leather shoes of a Buckeyes fan

wat is UGA's BCS highlight? that one time they beat Colt Brennan and Hawaii LOLOL

and wat is Missouri's BCS highlight? they don't even have one...

Last edited:
Dude, Ohio high schools consistently produces some of the most talented college football prospects in the nation. It is a major, major area, and one that coaches from football programs all over the nation make an enormous effort to develop inroads in.

The places in the U.S. that consistently (like, over the course of at least half a century) produce national championship talent are: South Florida (sort of counts as it's own little region, in terms of recruiting), the rest of Florida and the Deep South, Texas, Ohio, and California. Those are the places you go to find football prospects. I'm not going to bother ranking them in any way, because that will just start an unnecessary argument. Just saying that all of these places are renowned by every college football coach in the NCAA for their talent.