• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread v. The Suck of the Irish

yeah, it's all about those recruiting hot-beds. no sense in ranking them, as it seems every five years a region will be the best. 15 years ago I would say Texas, 10 years ago maybe Ohio/California, 5 years ago Florida - but I really should just delete that sentence as I'm just trying to base a fact on memory and not solid numbers. I just watch a lot of college football and played high school football in the State of Ohio - it wasn't Friday Night Lights, but it was pretty damn close

I'm excited for this weekend of football! of course the Michigan game but also the Iron Bowl - Alabama VS Auburn. I don't think Auburn stands much of a chance, because they're so one-dimensional, but hey, maybe their running backs and QBs can roll over the Tide. I still think Auburn will have to throw some key passes to exploit dat Tide secondary to get a W

any other good games this weekend?

what are you talking about, dude? 0-12 in the BCS? you must be trolling. tOSU has only lost like three BCS games ever

highlights of tOSU's BCS tradition of grandeur is the 2010 Rose Bowl victory over Oregon, the 2011 Sugar Bowl ass-whipping against Arkansas, and of course the 2002 National Championship against Miami

I would hate to be a UGA fan. you have only experienced greatness once really, and that was them Hershel Walker years. imagine being that great almost every single year, and you will have but lived a second in the polished leather shoes of a Buckeyes fan

wat is UGA's BCS highlight? that one time they beat Colt Brennan and Hawaii LOLOL

and wat is Missouri's BCS highlight? they don't even have one...

You do releazlize that the BSC is one of the worst things to get happen to collegiate sports right?
Mizzou played against Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska every single year until 1 year ago. The only competitive programs the Big 10 has ever had has been tOSU, Michigan, and Michigan state. You are so biased its not even funny.

oh no wai I think that the BCS is the greatest thing to happen to college sports! dude, of course I think the BCS sucks

and why are you saying you played against Texas, A+M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska with pride? no offense, but those aren't exactly stellar programs in the last 5 years (save for A+M). I wouldn't even let tOSU play a game against them. i would just send Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin to fight that battle!

I'm biased? probably. but so is everyone else here

Oklahoma and Texas were juggernauts until the last two years, A&M as well if I recall correctly. Get your head out I your ass. We don't all root for a team that has a nut as its mascot and namesake.

I'd say the Big 10 and Big 12 are about equal over the past decade or so

there was a brief period where the Big 12 was about to cease to exist though iirc

right after Missou and A&M announced SEC motives but before they added TCU and whoever else (oh yeah WVU, couple years too late imo and that move never really made sense geographically)

they should really just split the country up into like 3 mega conferences with the north/midwest (not really "west" though, like Ohio/Michigan area), south, and west

you can schedule up to 3 games a year on your own (for non-conference rivalries and shit), the rest are randomly generated out of your conference (televised event no doubt) and its tough titties if you have a hard road. do something about it.... lol

and just have a playoff system where the top 4-5 teams from each conference qualifiy off a pts system

conference wins get you 2 pts, non-conference get you 1

then a single elimination tournament, with you playing a different conference at the start

I'd watch it

Last edited:
Oklahoma and Texas were juggernauts until the last two years, A&M as well if I recall correctly. Get your head out I your ass. We don't all root for a team that has a nut as its mascot and namesake.

really? I don't remember A+M ever being anything too special, but again, I'm biased in that I'm a Buckeyes fan - so being "special" probably means more to me than a Missou fan ;)

shimazu - that is the way of the future - MEGA CONFERENCES. they're gonna split up this country like a Pecan Pie man

what are you talking about, dude? 0-12 in the BCS? you must be trolling. tOSU has only lost like three BCS games ever

highlights of tOSU's BCS tradition of grandeur is the 2010 Rose Bowl victory over Oregon, the 2011 Sugar Bowl ass-whipping against Arkansas, and of course the 2002 National Championship against Miami

I would hate to be a UGA fan. you have only experienced greatness once really, and that was them Hershel Walker years. imagine being that great almost every single year, and you will have but lived a second in the polished leather shoes of a Buckeyes fan

wat is UGA's BCS highlight? that one time they beat Colt Brennan and Hawaii LOLOL

and wat is Missouri's BCS highlight? they don't even have one...

It is tough to be a UGA fan I have been critical of Richt for years but how do you fire a coach that typically gets 9+ wins in the SEC? The miami win yall have is questionable at best in my asshole opinion. I was referring to your win less record against the SEC in BCS bowl games including the vacated Arkansas win. You have to admit this analogy fits pretty well tOSU is to the B10 what BSU is to the MWC.

tOSU is to the Big 10 as to what BSU is to the MWC

the same as Alabama is to the SEC

and the same as Oregon is to the Pac-10

the best in the conference

tOSU is to the Big 10 as to what BSU is to the MWC

the same as Alabama is to the SEC

and the same as Oregon is to the Pac-10

the best in the conference
Yeah but the MWC and the B10 are synonymous in talent. No way tOSU will ever be compared to a juggernaut like Bama. You guys just really need to get out of that conference. Imagine if they expand the playoff you guys will never have a shot playing that level of competition all regular season.

really? I think we could beat Bama pretty easily this year...

tOSU fans are known for delusions like the ones you are having. You pretend beat Arkansas, skip the bowl season, and go undefeated against a cream puff schedule and you got Bama for sure. Lol

The Big 10 is down right now, but usually they are one of the better conferences in Football. They have some more realignment to do down the line, to be sure, but they have the potential to be as strong as any of the others.

Honestly, the SEC is overrated this year. And it was overrated last year. They had a couple of years where every team from that conference was dominating everybody else, but Alabama is the only really strong team in there at the moment. Auburn and Missouri are both overrated.

It's going to take the SEC losing a title game for the insane levels of SEC bias to go away, but I think FSU is going to do it. With or without Winston. FSU is strong top to bottom, and you can't say that about Bama this year.

And this was supposed to be the Alabama team. Last year was supposed to be the bridge, and this one looks far weaker. I'm agreeing with 3,4 here, I think FSU is going to do it, or maybe they won't. I'm not sure about Alabama anymore. Are they jittery with all the talks of Saban and Texas? Are they bored with being winners? I don't know. We can say all of this and NC game time rolls around and weak Alabama slaughters FSU 46-0. Or the other around. I just literally do not know. I know that FSU will be hurt by not having Winston, if that's the way things go.

aj-mccarron-chest-tattoo-new.jpg

Makes Kinickie wet every time ^

Fresno stay scores 69 points against their opponent, 2nd team offense/defense in by mid way through the third quarter, yet gets leapfrogged by a NIU team because the computers have them ranked as #7 in the country, despite their schedule that is even weaker than Fresno State.

Fuck the fucking BCS, they should remove the C.

And this was supposed to be the Alabama team. Last year was supposed to be the bridge, and this one looks far weaker. I'm agreeing with 3,4 here, I think FSU is going to do it, or maybe they won't. I'm not sure about Alabama anymore. Are they jittery with all the talks of Saban and Texas? Are they bored with being winners? I don't know. We can say all of this and NC game time rolls around and weak Alabama slaughters FSU 46-0. Or the other around. I just literally do not know. I know that FSU will be hurt by not having Winston, if that's the way things go.

Weak huh? Bama beat the shit out of your team! I think Bama Ohio State would be a classic game.

Weak huh? Bama beat the shit out of your team! I think Bama Ohio State would be a classic game.

yes, weak. before this most recent meeting, LSU hadn't scored a touch down against alabama in what...3 meetings? 4? how many did LSU score this time? a team that holds the record for fewest points allowed against them (9.3), let johnny football put up 42. almost 100 point shoot out? what the fuck? at least you didn't lose by five this year but 49-42 looks bad too.

i've only seen three alabama games this year so i am not going on the full schedule of cupcake slaughters, but from what i've seen they look worse than the bama team last year.

yes, weak. before this most recent meeting, LSU hadn't scored a touch down against alabama in what...3 meetings? 4? how many did LSU score this time? a team that holds the record for fewest points allowed against them (9.3), let johnny football put up 42. almost 100 point shoot out? what the fuck? at least you didn't lose by five this year but 49-42 looks bad too.

i've only seen three alabama games this year so i am not going on the full schedule of cupcake slaughters, but from what i've seen they look worse than the bama team last year.

I agree that Bama hasn't played as well as last year. But I thought the fact that we found a way to win even though our defense gave up 42 points was the main takeaway from the AandM game. If you look at this year in a vacuum Bama has consistently been the best team. Not as good as 09? Maybe not but good enough to win this year? Yes

That makes me sad, I hate watching The Tide play garbage teams, they shouldn't even play their starters.

Karma will pay them back. Look at what Ga Southern did to Florida in Gainesville. All those years of Tebow and Jesus and Gator chomp....now look at them. They deserve all of the embarrassment.

Of course much has to do with hiring Muschamp who is not ready to be a head coach in the SEC. And also the recruiting vacuum that is left after FSU and Alabama deplete the 4 and 5 star HS recruits.