AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't wait till louisville has a televised home game again

the PA manager derserves some serious love

on friday night, whenever cinci had a 3rd down they fucking blasted, like, really loud

the piano intro to 'right now' by van helen

i dunno i think that's pretty fucking awesome and hilarious and borderline illegal

it's like it was still playing as cinci's qb was barking out play calls and shit

I think the ncaa sanctions had a hand in that. Losing scholarships is a program killer.

Still way more than enough talent on that roster to compete.
Hell this is USC we are talking about, some 3 or 4 star rivals kids would walk on there ( fully well knowing that boosters will pay for everything)

This team clears up year in year out in Socal with recruiting, Kiffin has royally fucked things up, just like he did at TN and Oakland

The guy is an out and out cancer, and I hope he gets drummed out of USC as soon as possible, the guys ego makes Sabans look like the planet mercury

Fire this fucking Turd next year and get the AD to offer Jeff Fisher as much as he wants to return to USC

Last edited:
Im just saying as a fan of a team that was hammered with scholarship reductions in the early 2000's that it matters. USC has starters that can play anywhere in the ncaa but what about the second string? the third string? Its an issue of depth. When USC dominated under Pete Carrol you had unbelievable depth almost zero drop off between 1st and 3rd string that is just not the case anymore. Plus the Pac-12 is much stronger than it was 10 years ago.

I went to the ass beating that was called a football game in Tuscaloosa last night. I now t was just Mstate but damn our O-line is crazy good. And our passing game is underrated State stacked the box and got killed in the passing game. I am hoarding xanax for saturdays showdown with LSU I was blacked out when we won the championship game against them so I need to do my part :)

^^^
I am not counting on it but championship or not it has been a hell of a season so far :)

I honestly thought the Miss State game would be the Tide's biggest game so far. Obviously it wasn't. We played really well I think. Next week against LSU will be a tough one. Them coming off a bye week. having an extra week to prepare for us and an extra week to get rested.
Just hope that we have our shit together for them like we did last night.

The lattimore injury is one of the nastiest things I have seen. Supposedly multiple fractures and destroyed knee. But, I don't know that for fact.
Reminded me of Prothro from years ago.

Lattimore tore his ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL. Very bad.

No way back, this is why guys like Honey Badger should be allowed to sell weed in college, give them some income at least

If Marcus doesnt blow out that knee he is looking at being a top10 pick and $14-15 Million guarenteed

Now he has nothing

^^^I agree...This is a great day for college football. Personally, I think 'Bama will handle the Tigers and Oregon should sneak past USC.
I am from KY, naturally, I pull for the Wildcats; After getting scrubbed by Vanderbilt, I'm realigning my forces and hoping someone from the SEC wins it all.
That shouldn't be too much to ask for, but personally, I like the Gators this year!

Wish I could have watched bama vs LSU and USC vs Oregon tonight, seemed like great games from what I can gather.

Fresno State is now 7-3 and 4-1 in conference play. Only losses are against Boise, Oregon and a 26-27 loss to Tulsa that we should have won. Boise will probably win the mountain west, but I like the way we're headed.

Even in a loss for my LSU Tigers vs Bama.....That was one of the most amazing games ive seen in a long time.

LSU has squeaked out wins in the past it really didnt deserve (a-la 2011 Bama-LSU), but the saying rings true, "Champions find a way to win" and Bama proved it was the best team in the country although it wasnt necessarily the best team on that night.

i feel like there was one thing that cost lsu that game -- the roughness penalty that cost them a 37 yard gain. LSU played amazingly well though, the defense was sure on it's game all night.

Even in a loss for my LSU Tigers vs Bama.....That was one of the most amazing games ive seen in a long time.

LSU has squeaked out wins in the past it really didnt deserve (a-la 2011 Bama-LSU), but the saying rings true, "Champions find a way to win" and Bama proved it was the best team in the country although it wasnt necessarily the best team on that night.

+1 Very well put. LSU looked awesome. I'm glad my Tide pulled it out, but I certainly thought we were done.

i feel like there was one thing that cost lsu that game -- the roughness penalty that cost them a 37 yard gain. LSU played amazingly well though, the defense was sure on it's game all night.

Yea there was a couple of big time momentum swings in this game. That fake FG was a bad call (everybody knew it was coming) and I didnt like from the beginning that QB sneak in the wildcat with Ware at QB on a 4th and VERY long 1. I get going for it but LSU has already shown that formation and play before and shoulda been more creative. Hilliard or Copeland on a dive woulda been smarter cuz it would've still left the possibililty of something like the pass or sweep outside to defend. With the Wildact QB sneak....you knew where it was going...although, you gotta appreciate the cockiness vs the #1 team in the country

With all that being said, you gotta respect Miles....The guy plays to win....he has a certain style that when it works, he's a genius and when it doesnt he's an idiot....he's not the best game manager....but he sure as hell is unpredictable and has won many more games being the Mad Hatter than he's lost....he sure as hell gets his team ready to play...and is def one of the top coaches in the country

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.